The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

the fallen: #23

Postby koushi. » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:38 am

Tribute 4

It was the classic love story, even if it had all been made up in the mind of a jealous young wolf. Two lovers separated by the cruel claws of fate.

Selene stood at the front of the den, tears streaming down her trembling cheeks. She couldn't believe that this was happening. She thought that it would be her and Geoff to the very end. They would break the games and live happily ever after as victors. Selene shook the fantasy from her head and the tears from her eyes. Turning, she padded back into the den. Geoff lay dead, right where she'd left him. His beautiful red eyes hanging half open as though he was trying to wake up. Her chest tightened and she bent her head down, giving his ear a comforting lick. "I will not let you die for nothing, love." She whispered to him, a determined tone to her shaking voice. Her heart burned with passion. "I will win, for us." She promised him before ducking back out of the den.

Through the arena the now alone princess raced. She was ready to fight her way out, no matter the cost. On the way, she almost trampled a confused looking kitten, who shrieked and clambered back into whatever hole he had crawled up on. Selene just shook her head and continued on her way. She could've easily killed that kid but it wasn't worth her time. She needed a bigger target. A bigger victory. Geoff would've sought out the bigger targets so that the final kill would be a breeze. Geoff had the whole thing figured out. She wished he was here. She missed him. Panting, Selene slowed to a halt. Her ears perked and swiveled, scanning the surrounding woods to seek out potential targets. To her immense pleasure, she heard jaws snapping to the east. Selene turned her head and padded quietly through the undergrowth, adrenaline starting to course through her veins.

The tribute that she came upon was terrifying. It was one of the dragon tributes. Admittedly it was a lot smaller than the other dragons that she'd experienced before, but the sight of it still was enough to make the wolf hesitate. The dragon didn't seem to notice Selene hiding in the brush, as it was preoccupied eating a freshly caught bird. She made a mental note about the giant club swinging back and forth behind her. Silently, she creeped foreward until her muzzle was sticking out from the tall grass.
Her heart drummed against her chest as she readied her spear, but in doing so she made a fatal mistake. The end of the spear knocked against the trunk of the tree beside her and the dragon's head shot up, its jaws opening to let out a warning growl. But Selene did not panic. She wanted the challenge. She wanted the thrill of the kill. So with a howl, the she-wolf burst out from the bushes with her eyes blazing. The dragon turned just in time to dodge the attack.

Selene landed in a heap on the dirt, her spear flying out of reach. Her head pounded and she felt blood trickle down her face, but she didn't care.
Nothing mattered without Geoff beside her. She pulled herself up and pulled her lips back to expose her yellowing teeth. The dragon eyed her, its clubbed tail flicking in anticipation. "Well," it snarled at her, "aren't you going to attack me? Or just keep showing me your pearly whites?" In her frazzled brain, Selene did not see the danger. In her mind, she saw only Geoff. So snarled and took off running before lunging one last time at the dragon. It hissed and arched its back, swinging its tail right into Selene's temple. There was a sickening crack and the she-wolf's eyes rolled back in her head. The cannon blasted before her body could even hit the ground.

Jessica panted, the adrenaline fading from her veins. She swallowed and padded over to the wolf's body, inspecting it. Blood drained from her ears and nose, eyes open in a final look of fear. Jessica lifted her head to survey the surrounding area before disappearing into the woods.

- 7 tributes left -
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Postby 67Phlox » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:57 am

Aww.. poor Selene. :c
I was actually hoping for Geoff and Selene dying together.
(It's nice to know that Stanley isn't actually just running around in the open.)
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

Sorry for my anxiety getting in the way of things and for being strange at times. I promise I mean well.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 pm

whispers geoff x brandy 5everrr

aye im so happy to see these games back! im rooting for jessica c:
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #24

Postby koushi. » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 am

Tribute 39

Jessica knew that she was destined for great things, even if nobody else did. Her mother was a pygmy dragon and was considered to be lower than dirt. She talked to Jessica all the time about her father, a refugee from two who she had fallen in love with. She told her stories about how he was trying to gather a resistance, an army to fight the chickens. Jessica remembered how much she cried when a messenger delivered a letter from two offering condolences upon his death. The rumors of being a half-breed burned her, but she did not let herself be defeated. She fought her way to respect and the Games were not going to take that away from her.

Far from the body of the she-wolf, Jessica finally stopped running. Black smoke poured from her nostrils as she panted. In the trees there were crows -- a murder they were called, her mother had said. They were a sign of death. Jessica straightened and forced her muscles to relax. She was fine. If her counting was correct, there were only six tibures left to beat, not that it would be a problem. With her mind finally calmed, she padded through the woods on high alert. This was where it counted to be calm and alert. For the first few moments there was nothing. No tributes or their scents reached Jessica but there was something. Her eyes narrowed as she crossed into a clearing full of yellow flowers. Something was wrong. But what was it? "Where is it?" She muttered to herself, checking over her shoulder. The woods still looked the same. Suddenly, a scent wafted into her nostrils and she froze, anger rising in her chest.

"Are you still alive, half-breed?"

"I could ask you the same, four-eyes." Tybalt huffed a laugh and cocked his head, the sunlight glinting off the lenses of his glasses. He stood almost two feet higher than her and she had to crane her neck to stare him down. She wouldn't let him intimidate her. Not here. Not when this was her chance to get revenge for all the years of teasing and harassment. Jessica hissed, baring her needle sharp teeth at him. With all the history between them, there was no need for any talking. They both wanted to rip each other apart and now they could. Tybalt smirked and readied himself, his tail lashing back and forth. Jessica, with all of her anger fueling her, lunged at him, spinning herself with catlike grace to smash her tail into his temple. The larger dragon stumbled backwards but recovered quickly. As Jessica landed, Tybalt grabbed the end of her tail in his mouth and yanked her towards him. A sound that resembled a cat's screech mixed with a dragon's roar came out of Jess as she was lifted into the air.

Skillfully, Jessica again twisted her spine and dug her claws into Tybalt's nostrils, ripping the tender flesh. Tybalt roared in pain, releasing her tail. But Jessica did not let go. She gripped the other side of Tybalt's face and held on as he shook and twisted trying to dislodge her. His glasses fell off in the mayhem and his eyes blazed with fury. "This is for my mother!" Jess yowled and raked her claws down his left eye. "This is for everything you did!" She aimed for the other eye but he jerked his head and she ended up leaving a large gash down the bridge of his nose. Tybalt roared again and his large wings unfurled as he reared up onto his hind legs. He reached up with his front claws and grabbed her hind quarters that were dug into his bleeding bottom jaw. Then he pulled her down and slammed her into the ground. The wind was knocked from her lungs and she gasped. Pain shot up her spine and she gritted her teeth. Tybalt growled down at her, placing one claw on her neck and the other on her head. She stared up at him definitely, one final gesture of disgust. The male licked the blood off his lips and then grinned. "Say hello to your daddy for me, half-breed." With one simple flick, Jessica's head snapped to the side and the cannon went off.

Tybalt lifted his head as he stepped off of the half-breed's body. The blurry shapes of the trees hurt his eyes and he blinked, growling deep in his throat. He found his now cracked glasses and put them on, taking one last glance at Jessica. His eyes narrowed and he spat blood at her before lumbering into the woods.

- 6 tributes left -

A/N wrote:Ahh Jessicaaaaaaaaa -- I really thought at the start she would win. I hope I did her justice!

I actually have a head-cannon that Jess's dad lived with her mom until Tybalt discovered them and notified the peacekeepers about it. The peacekeepers drove her dad out of the district and finally caught him back in District Two. Her uncle was actually the one who sent the letter because his brother had mentioned his mate before to him. Tybalt was hailed as a hero and Jess and her mom were basically shunned even more because of it.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:29 am

aaa i love that headcannon and i accept it!!

jessica had a good run <3 im proud of my girl
xxxxxImage
commissions open

eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #25

Postby koushi. » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:17 am

Tribute 25

The sky began to growl, it's teeth flashing as it struck the earth. Rain began to fall, not as freezing as when the Games had first begun. Colin sat in the downpour with a solemn expression, his trusty spear placed against the cave he had fought so hard to protect. Healing wounds covered his muscled neck, courtesy of Jessica. Jessica. Even saying her name made a chill ride up his spine. Or that could've been the rain. His pelt twitched and he twisted his head uncomfortably. The sooner the rest of the tributes could kill themselves off, the sooner he could go home. Another crack of lighting touched down and his ears pricked when he heard a tree fall from somewhere in the distance. Warning bells sounded in the pony's head and he quickly retreated inside.

Inside, the rain pounded on the roof and he snorted. "I hate rain." He mumbled, shaking out his damp mane. He sat down against the wall and watched the rain. For a few minutes, everything was normal. The rain was normal. The thunder was normal. The shadow that blocked out the sun was not normal. A sound that was similar to wings filled the air and Colin sprung to his hooves, pinning his ears back and spotting his spear lying next to his firepit. Claws scraped the rock and two front legs appeared, followed by a torso, and then two back legs. It was a dragon. Why was it always a dragon? Two gleaming eyes entered his home, one slightly closed due to a rather impressive scratch running beside it. There was a matching one on the other side.

Colin stood his ground, flicking his tail. "Hate to break it to ya, but this cave is taken." He warned, pawing at the ground.
The dragon cocked his head and licked his lips. "Is that supposed to scare me?"

Colin straightened his neck and snorted, trying to make himself look bigger. Needless to say it wasn't very effective. The two males eyed one another for a few tense seconds before the dragon decided that the time for talking was over. He opened his jaws and roared, the noise echoing on the cave's walls. He lunged at Colin, keeping his wings close to his body as there was no space to unfurl them. Colin's eyes darted back and forth and barely managed to press himself against the side of the wall when the dragon's claws hit the stone. With his heart racing, the pony grabbed his spear off the wall and jumped over the dragon's thrashing head, giving it a good kick for good measure, then pierced the dragon's shoulder with the blade. The angry noise that the dragon made deafened Colin and blinked a few times, trying to clear his head. But he never could recover. The dragon unfurled his wing and it slammed into Colin, forcing him against the wall. The bones in the wing pressed against his throat and he gasped for air. The dragon's undamaged eye burned in anger and he licked his jaws. "You really thought that you, a pony, could defeat me?" He hissed, pressing the wing harder into Colin's windpipe.

Colin's hooves scraped against the wall uselessly and he panted, trying to keep as much air as he could. But he managed a breathy chuckle and smiled. "Yeah, I-I guess you looked more like a worm from where I was standing-"the wing pressed harder and he gasped, "my-my mistake."

"It will be your last mistake." The wing retracted itself and Coilin dropped to the floor, gasping for breath. He hadn't even lifted his head when the dragon's claws raked across his throat, ending his game. The pony's eyes widened and he made a gurgling noise before collapsing to the floor. His hooves thrashed wildly for a few moments, then they were completely still. The cannon rang and the dragon had taken another life.

Tybalt huffed at the pony and then growled in irritation. "Stupid horse." He muttered and carefully pulled the spear out with his teeth, spitting it out at the pony's limp form. It clattered to the ground beside him. Another threat eliminated, he thought happily as he folded his limbs underneath him and wrapped his tail around them. He smiled to himself as he watched the birds sing in the trees and imagined what it would be like when he was crowned victor.

- 5 tributes left -
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 am

o heck i was feeling like tybalts gonna win until i read that last line and now im not so sure
xxxxxImage
commissions open

eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a short interruption

Postby koushi. » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:49 am

"Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? Oooo I'm so fired...

Wait, it's on? Oh, oh! Hello!

Hello ladies and gentleman of Clusco! My name is Berta Bluridge, chief of electronics here in the Capital. It seems we've had some sort of malfunction with the broadcasting system, which is the reason behind the blackout these last few hours. I promise you haven't missed anything exciting.

Thank you for sticking with us as we continue to fix this hiccup and bring you more of what you tuned in for: The Smoothie Games!
"
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:54 pm

heck yess!! glad to see this back!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:04 am

Yay! Also It's getting pretty close to the end game.
I am so excited to see what happens next!
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

Sorry for my anxiety getting in the way of things and for being strange at times. I promise I mean well.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me