{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:39 pm

XD enthusiasm is good, right?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Waow, it sure has been a while since I've seen this thread. (...perhaps 'cause I've not been on CS for years... *cough*college*cough*) It sure brings back some good, old memories, which I definitely didn't only remember half of because I went down a rabbit hole looking at old posts.

I'm glad to see people are still alive and writing. I even recognize a few of y'all from way back when (Rangerrrrrr!) :) I'm trying to get back into fiction writing after three long, but very good, years of academic writing (and reading - turns out you can forget what style is if you read enough Aristotle - brilliant thinker, but not a role model for creative writing style). It's true what they say, about writing being a muscle that needs to be exercised. Remember that, folks.

I don't know how much any of y'all (or myself) are gonna be online, but... for old time's sake, I wanna throw out a question (sorta) for y'all. I found a good one while rabbit hole-ing through this thread's past that I think I'll resuscitate for kicks and giggles. :)

Code: Select all
[b]Describe the story you're currently working on - badly.[/b]

Describe the story you're currently working on - badly.
Man has daddy issues and rag-tag band has to zig-zag across the land to figure out how to exorcise him.
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Octopia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:56 pm

Merlin's Heir wrote:Man has daddy issues and rag-tag band has to zig-zag across the land to figure out how to exorcise him.

Interesting XD

Describe the story you're currently working on - badly.they get sent in a mission to find a bomb factory but the mountains move and they're experimented on cause they fell down a hole
ImageImageImageImage
Trying to collect all '08–'15 equines. I need 128, please help!

ImageImage XXXX ImageImage XXXX ImageImage XXXX ImageImage
Links & Info wrote:I collect horse pets, not plushies
Trade?XXXXShe/her; my name's Bee; INFP-TXXXXKiwi

Some Adoptables XXXXAdopt XXXX I <3 UXXXXListo

I missed May's store stuff :[

holey moley it's been almost a year since i was last on here o_O
Octopia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:14 pm

Merlin returns! Hiiii - how have you been, it's been so long! Are you doing Camp NaNo at all this month? c:

Girl throws a tantrum and goes for a walk and finds a guy. The girl and the guy decide to walk together instead of separately, and think walking will find them an answer.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Merlin's Heir » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:49 am

Ranger of the North wrote:Merlin returns! Hiiii - how have you been, it's been so long! Are you doing Camp NaNo at all this month? c:

Hiii! :D I've been well. I just finished up year three of college (out of four) a few months ago, and I'm excited to go back for the last round and then start a new chapter of my life. I'm not doing Camp NaNo; I've got a bit of work to do over the rest of summer on my senior thesis (which I have managed to incorporate Tolkien into, muahahaha!), so I'm trying not to add too many other tasks to my to-do list (even voluntary ones).
As far as creative writing goes, I'm currently working on fleshing out a fantasy world for my current story project (I've managed to limit myself to one for now, lol) and refining the plot and characters a bit before I actually start writing. I'm hoping maybe more prep work up front than I usually do will give me enough material to keep me writing at least through a first draft of the first book in the series.

How about you? How go things in Ranger's world? Are you doing Camp NaNo?
Merlin -- Adult Female -- Byzantine Catholic -- Engaged <3 -- Reader, Writer, Artist, Math Lover -- College Class of 2021 -- Tolkien
Adopted Characters wrote:ImageImageImageImageImage
New Camelot -- The Book of Equids -- Dark Frigate -- Sunrose Stables -- Aicale Castle
ImageImageImageImage
Edge of Eternity -- Mythos Stables -- Sky Afire -- Wind River Ranch
Merlin's Heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:02 pm

Merlin's Heir wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:Merlin returns! Hiiii - how have you been, it's been so long! Are you doing Camp NaNo at all this month? c:
Hiii! :D I've been well. I just finished up year three of college (out of four) a few months ago, and I'm excited to go back for the last round and then start a new chapter of my life. I'm not doing Camp NaNo; I've got a bit of work to do over the rest of summer on my senior thesis (which I have managed to incorporate Tolkien into, muahahaha!), so I'm trying not to add too many other tasks to my to-do list (even voluntary ones).
As far as creative writing goes, I'm currently working on fleshing out a fantasy world for my current story project (I've managed to limit myself to one for now, lol) and refining the plot and characters a bit before I actually start writing. I'm hoping maybe more prep work up front than I usually do will give me enough material to keep me writing at least through a first draft of the first book in the series.

How about you? How go things in Ranger's world? Are you doing Camp NaNo?
Ooooh, busy-busy! Not adding Camp NaNo on top of that definitely sounds like a good idea XD Good job on incorporating Tolkien tho 😂

Oh I can definitely recommend prepping! Sort of. I actually still don't usually do much planning because #laziness, but when I do the stories at least come a bit closer to ending up finished XD What's your current project about? Well done on narrowing it down to one! XD

I'm good, thanks! I have a job now, and I seem to be successfully adulting, it's wild. I'm doing Camp NaNo at some point this month, but as of right now I haven't even created a project, heh. I've been working since... April? On a Wattpad event/competition thing called Write to Rank, so my head's been a bit full of that lately and not so much my main project. The requirements for the last round will be posted any day now, though, and once I have that hashed out and written and entered I will set myself a proper Camp NaNo goal XD It's only going to be small this month - I want to write, but I want to make sure I don't burn myself out, and I've been doing a lot of hard writing lately - but it's still going to be nice to get back into it c: My entries for Write to Rank, if you're interested (and have time) are here
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:34 am

well HELLO everyone long time no speak!! I have...barely written over the last 2-ish years. Like Merlin I've been completely consumed with academic writing and just haven't had the time or desire to write for pleasure :< But with the pandemic I've been slooooowly getting back into it.

Young boy decides famine, plague and war can be defeated with the combined powers of optimism and friendship
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:59 am

Sled crash goes terribly wrong.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Merlin returns! Hiiii - how have you been, it's been so long! Are you doing Camp NaNo at all this month? c:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i'm a week late but i suddenly remembered it's july and camp nano month and i want to join even if i'm late! do we have a cs cabin this time? c:

blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 pm

does anybody have any name suggestions for what to call a group of people with superpowers? My first thought was prodigy's but.. that's taken lol
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me