{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby bud » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:33 am

NopesaurusRexx wrote:
      How is everyone's NaNo going? I restarted my project and am about 13,000 words behind! I am cranking them out to try and catch up!

I decided to completely revamp and rewrite a story I had been working on, and I have written 16,096 words so far! I’m proud of myself for even doing this much, What with being a mom and having a full time job (: it’s been hard to find time to work on writing, but I’m powering through! If you keep at the rate you’re going, you’re for sure going to kick that word count in the butt!
not my art obviously you think i can draw?? i'm WRITING a book

bud // adult (maybe) // wiccan
writing a fantasy/romance novel
from my trashcan (homey!)
always down to talk about books

word count: 112,134
page count: 596
bud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:29 am

NopesaurusRexx wrote:
      How is everyone's NaNo going? I restarted my project and am about 13,000 words behind! I am cranking them out to try and catch up!

adsghgh I'm about as far behind as you are, only its just pure laziness on my part.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose.bloom » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:40 am

Hey! Haven't been on here in a while but have been trying to start writing again. Anyone know of any good writer specific forums?
rose.bloom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:12 pm

@rose.bloom
The AbsoluteWrite forum is fantastic in my experience - lots of insights to be found. And it doesn't suffer from the problem a lot of other communities do, where beginners fill up the community with the same few questions over and over again, because there's a "basic writing questions" subforum they can use. (Plus, you know, a search function.)

---

Anyway!!! I know a lot of you don't follow the lazy writers thread, so I thought I'd go ahead and advertise my writing competition over here too. Ends on Jan 7, though I might extend it if there are very few entries. First prize is 50C$.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:59 am

Hello everyone! I'm SunnyJustice, a new member glad to finally find a thread like this. I started writing when I was nine years old and continued throughout my elementary and high school years. Now as a university student, I still write, although I have stopped doing NaNoWriMo because of time constraints in the November month.
I'm currently working on a story aimed for YA audiences. The placeholder title for now is "The Light of Delra" and it's a hopepunk/fantasy genre with odd superpowers, found family, and resistance through hope. It puts a spin on the typical rebellion story by resolving conflicts through compassion, not more violence. I want to touch on topics such as environmentalism, diversity and equality in an age-appropriate and positive manner.

Describe the plot of the story you're currently working on as terribly as you can:
Clichéd pair of enemies-to-friends save the world with the power of friendship.

Oooh and I have some questions for you. I hope this is okay:
Code: Select all
[b]What are the greatest fears of your main characters?
Optional: Are they forced, by the plot, to face their fears?[/b]

Code: Select all
[b]Does your story have underlying themes or morals? What are they?
Optional: Why did you choose them?[/b]

@Piefan
I know I'm not the original asker, but thank you for the recommendations! I will check out the forum and writing competition. This would be my first time entering, so I'm gonna work up some courage and take a look. :)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:08 am

Nice to meet you Sunny!

What are the greatest fears of your main characters?
Optional: Are they forced, by the plot, to face their fears?

One of Kwet's greatest fears is losing his friend Aveth, whether it be Aveth dying or leaving or his respect/friendship.
He has to face Aveth dying several times and then losing him when Aveth's family comes into the story and end up disapproving of the many things Kwet did during the war.
Spindrift fears dying alone, not actual death but facing it on his own. I don't know if he's going to face that yet
Tovoth fears becoming too close to someone. Their species can literally go into shock and shut down and die basically if a loved one dies because of how relient they can become for emotional support on others. He ends up facing this when he accidentally becomes friends with Veem and later is ordered to kill Veem for supposed disloyalty

Does your story have underlying themes or morals? What are they?
Optional: Why did you choose them?

There's a variety of ideas that I play around with but one I'm planning on emphasizing is nonfamillial platonic relationships. Baiscally friendships.
It just seems like in so much media and so much just everyday life is so hyperfocused on romatic relationships. I just wanted to write a story where its baisically the opposite and see where it takes me

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:57 pm

henlo. popping in here so y’all don’t think im dead . i’m currently writing a story called ‘My Name’ on wattpad; don’t come and stalk me on wattpad the stories there are cringe!! >;/
It’s told in three perspectives and so far i’ve published two chapters. ^^ also, did NaNoWriMo already start?? People have been quiet about it..?
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:00 am

Rosemarrie I had that happen a lot when I was younger, but not for a few years now I think.

LeiaWolfe Nanowrimo is November so its come and gone already

TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinovo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:00 am

mark

Uhh does anyone have any far-along/ completed stories I could read? I really want to find a series made on here
╔═════════════╗

They/Them.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kira Nightblade. » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:35 pm

It's been a while sense I visited this thread, I'm FINALLY getting into writing again after being in a dry spot sense November.
I feel so cruel to what I'm doing to my current OC, he's so precious but it has to be done
vibin
Sae the Fae#6926 on discord
.Kira Nightblade.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me