The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

sup.

Postby koushi. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm

Hey.

So I've hit a creative slump at the moment and now that school is starting soon there is a lot more on my plate. But don't fret, loyal readers, this will not die. Entries will just be slowwwwww. Thanks for your continued patience with this lazybones.

- Charlie.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #18

Postby koushi. » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:53 pm

Tribute 33

"Why, they're right behind you!"

Bluebell held back vomit as he watched Jessica strike down the disoriented pony with little more than a flick of her tail. Colin watched on with pride as the cannon boomed high above them, making the little rabbit jump. "Good work." Colin neighed to the dragon, who was busily checking over her bloodied claws. She glanced up at him with a smirk before setting her claw onto the ground and padded past into the cave, her clubbed tail swinging behind her. She turned around and snorted. "C'mon, Short-Stop. Bunnies freeze easily." Bluebell frowned and she let out a soft chuckle. "Just come on." With a huff, the bunny followed Jessica, being very careful to avoid the corpse of the pony laying at his paws and the crimson slowly spreading across the mouth to the cave. The fire at the center was glowing lightly and Bluebell was thankful for the heat it provided. He sat down and closed his eyes, just letting the feeling wash over him.

Jessica swung her head around and made sure that her tiny ally was content before looking back down at Lynette. "Sucker." She hissed down at her. Bending down, she grabbed the pony's tail in her mouth and began dragging her out into the mud. With each drop of rain that hit her body, a wisp of steam would puff into the air. It was quite annoying. She let go of the tail and hurried back into the cave, taking a minute to shake herself off. She was ready to go back to Bluebell when she found Colin blocking her way, his face serious. Jessica drew her head back, returning the glare. "I want to get out of the rain sometime today." She said evenly, her tail swinging slowly behind her.

"How much longer are you going to fatten him up?" Colin hissed at her, flicking his tail back at Bluebell who had made himself comfortable by the fire, grateful to get out of the cold rain. Jessica glanced to the side but didn't say anything. Her claws were digging into the ground beneath her. Colin continued, "There's really no point to keeping him alive."

"He's the perfect decoy, Colin. It's a strategic move." That wasn't the truth but it was what Colin maybe wanted to hear.

"You're a coward, Jessica. Soft. He can't be your pet forever."

"Keep your snout in your own business, ally." She said in a low hiss and pushed past the pony roughly, hitting his hock lightly with the club on her tail and smirked when she heard him let out a muffled yelp. She didn't look back (even though she wanted to) to see the look on his face. Instead, she walked to where Bluebell was laying. He looked to have fallen asleep while the two had been talking. The dragon circled the area a few times before she laid down so that the rabbit was in the crook of her stomach. He nuzzled closer to her, greedy for the dragon's extra warmth. Jessica all at once felt something akin to motherly protection and burning shame for allowing herself to feel close to this worthless scrap. She let out a sigh and laid her head down, sneaking one last glance at the sleeping rabbit before falling asleep herself. Colin looked over his shoulder at the pair of them, a plot formulating behind his amber eyes.

As the twilight began to fill the cave, Bluebell awoke with a start as he felt a pair of teeth sink into the back of his neck. His eyes frantically looked around and saw none other than Colin's amber eye looking back at him. The rabbit let out a yell and struggled when he felt himself being picked up and then suddenly thrown across the floor. He tumbled and quickly pushed himself back up, staring in horror at Colin. "What are you doing?" Jessica was now awake, slowly blinking the sleep from her eyes. Colin turned back to her. "What you are too weak to do." He spat and lunged at Bluebell, a loud neigh escaping him.

"I trusted you!" Bluebell screamed as the hooves collided with his head, snapping his neck to the side. The cannon blast was instant. Jessica was suddenly on her feet, running at Colin. She growled and used her tail to knock him off the rabbit. He fell backwards and hit his head on the cave, groaning. Jessica panted, smoke puffing out of his nostrils. Her eyes flicked down to Bluebell. His big blue eyes stared up at her, wide and unblinking. Blood painted his ears and head. Something snapped within Jessica and she looked at Colin, trying to pick himself up. He took a few wheezing breaths before he was slammed back down onto the ground. Jessica dug her claw into his neck, making him whinney in pain. She ducked her head and whispered into his ear.

"If I ever see you again, so help me I will skin your miserable pelt and wear it as a trophy." She then snapped her jaws to make him flinch and removed her claws. Colin let out a short but stayed down, his eyes peeking out from his bangs. Jessica let out a rumbling growl and sauntered out of the cave.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Postby eltonn » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:23 pm

aw no, bluebell!! what a shame...
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Poor bluebell!
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

Sorry for my anxiety getting in the way of things and for being strange at times. I promise I mean well.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koushi. » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:46 am

small boop
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #18

Postby koushi. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:14 am

Tribute 32

Spiro lay in front of the dying fire with a belly full of lamb stew and a head full of confidence. His thick coat was puffed out against the cold and Henry lay asleep next to him, providing some extra warmth that was greatly appreciated. Spiro was also asleep, but only barely. Winters were tough in his district and he had seen some hardship however this was a was a whole new level of challenging, A gust of heavy wind hit his fur and he shivered, curling in even more on himself. In response, Henry's glowing eyes opened and he moved himself closer to its master. Though it had a small brain, Henry was equipped with excellent sensory organs that could tell it what its master needed to be safe. It had found this difficult in the unfamiliar environment, but Henry was determined to fulfill its purpose. Before going back to sleep, Henry spotted a white shape move through the purple underbrush. Henry knew that white shapes that didn't smell familiar were threats. Threats must be killed. It lifted itself up like a snake tearing its head and let out a growl, warning the threat to move along or be destroyed. The shape stopped, its ears pricking and tail moving side to side slowly. The fear scent was strong on the shape but it did not flee.

"Henry." Henry heard the voice of its master and turned to him. His master was a familiar white shape as he lifted his head, flattened his ears, and yawned widely. "What's wrong?" Henry couldn't speak so he clicked and moved towards the threat, showing his master where the threat was. His master nodded and stood up, sniffing at the bushes. Henry watched the tree line behind him, anticipating another threat. Sure enough, the was another shape moving quickly behind them. Henry let out a large growl and pushed his teeth out as the shape broke through the tall grass, carrying what looked like a long rod with a crescent moon attached to it in his jaws. He felt his master's heart race and he was pushed forewards towards the other figure, he was bringing the moon backwards and then swinging at Henry. Henry tried to bite at it but the moon hit the base of it's mouth and it buried deep in the skin. Henry let out a shrill cry and went limp, hitting the ground with a thump.

Spiro cried out as Henry fell, feeling the wound in his spine. He blinked the pain away just in time to dodge the sword coming at him. He stumbled to the side and tripped on his own paws. The two attackers, wolves that he had never seen before, smirked and circled him. Their pupils shone yellow in the darkness and their weapons reflected the pale light of the moon. "Not so tough without your tail, are you?" One of the wolves, a male, laughed down at him.

The second giggled with him. "Pitiful, isn't it Geoff?" The second agreed, a female. Spiro let out a low growl of warning, snapping his jaws and curling back his lips. This display of bravery amused the wolves further and the female said, "Should you do it? Or should I?" The male, Geoff, looked down at Spiro and then gave the female's ear a lick. "You have earned the honor, my dear Selene."

"For the love of Clusco just kill me all ready!" Spiro blurred out, shocking both of the wolves. "I hate lovey dovey crap." He didn't want to wait for these two to draw out this death sentence any longer. He could feel the trauma of Henry's death affecting his body, stiffening his limbs and shadowing his vision. It was just like feeling the pain of death without actually being able to die. Selene blinked at him and then nodded her head, raising her sword and resting it against his forehead with a confident smile. The shaking of the blade told Spiro differently and he grinned, challenging her to strike. Hey, if he was going to go, he at least wanted to make it annoying. Selene narrowed her eyes and tensed, but still did not act. Finally Geoff rolled his eyes and swung his scythe at the fox's neck, just as he had done with the tailmouth. The cannon followed not too long after.

Geoff stared down at the fox's smiling face and scoffed, turning to Selene. The she-wolf was still holding her sword at the ready and there were tears forming in her eyes. He sighed and put his paw on the blade, lowering it to the ground. "Why did you hesitate?" He asked quietly. Selene swallowed and looked up at him. She reached up and quickly wiped her nose and eyes, "I-I don't know." She sniffed. "I guess I couldn't do it." There was annoyance in Geoff's eyes but it quickly disappeared as he nuzzled her and then placed his head on hers. "You will learn, Selene, that Clusco doesn't care if you're kind. They want a show and that's all. Once you start to put on a show, it is more likely that they do more to keep you alive." The two sat in silence as the sun began to rise high above the thick trees, giving birth to a new day. Selene thought long and hard about what Geoff said, and his words would echo through the next generation of tributes looking to stay alive.
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 20lait1 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 pm

Poor Spiro. Cocky to the end as always, though! I loved how you wrote this one - I can't wait to see more!
20lait1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #19

Postby koushi. » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Tribute 13

It had been the ideal morning for young Shadow. First of all, he woke up, which meant he hadn't frozen to death. Two, he had found mintgrass not far from where he had been hiding. The alliance he had once belonged to had either crumbled or forgotten about him completely. Logic told him it was the latter. He was not too far into his breakfast when the first canon of the day went off. He lifted his head, on edge but in no rush. Instead he decided to take a few more bites. This would be a fatal mistake on his part. A lion would burst from the shadows with a mane stained with blood and give chase, hungering for another kill.

Shadow wasn't sure which way was up. His mind raced in such a way that he wasn't even sure where his hooves came down against the tender earth of the arena as he ran, a gray streak against the brown of the trees. He could feel the heat of the lion's breath on his heels. He roared, mad with bloodlust and sent another wave of fresh panic through the young horse and he urged his hooves to go faster. He crashed through another layer of thick bushes and spared a glance over his shoulder. The lion was a stranger with a gleaming russent pelt that was covered in the dried blood of a previous kill. It stained his muzzle and chest as well as his large claws. The lion saw him and smirked. "Run little Fleety! Run!" He taunted and snapped his jaws, exposing the large and bloodstained canines. Shadow yelped and turned around, tears starting to build up in the corners of his eyes. In his haste to pick up speed, a raised tree root that Shadow could've sworn hadn't been there before caught his back hoof and sent him flying. Shadow closed his eyes as he landed on his side on uneven terrain. Rocks and a sharp mound of compact dirt slammed into his already bruised shoulder and he let out a scream of pain. He struggled to catch his breath and looked up as the lion appeared in front of him, eying him hungirly. Shadow felt the tears fall and he tried to pick himself up but the lion pounced on his head, knocking it back onto the group. A ringing sensation clawed at his ears and he tried to will the pain away by closing his eyes, but that proved to be useles. He felt a trickle of blood down his face as the lion sunk his claws into his head and whimpered. The lion smiled down at him and then sank his jaws into the back of his neck, snapping the spine quick and easy.

The lion would congratulate himself on yet another kill as the cannon was set off. He would run back into the woods with a fool's confidence and would be brought down by an arrow only minutes later.

a/n wrote: Not sure if anyone still follows this, but here's a mini kill for you <3

Happy Halloween everybody!
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eltonn » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:47 pm

aw poor shadow :c

and happy halloween!
xxxxxImage
commissions open
working m-f 8:30 - 5pm est
call me pap - she/they - adult

i have chronic migraines and pcos. i often dont have energy.
i am rarely on site these days. i check my messages maybe once
every year. i doubt ill return more than that. have a lovely day!
eltonn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the fallen: #20

Postby koushi. » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Tribute 43

On the second day of the Smoothie Games, a queen was knocked off her throne. On the second day, it became anyone's game.

Sky trotted through the damp earth with a skip in her step. Her white coat was splattered with blood and dirt but she wore it with pride. A section of her antler had been broken off and that had been a lucky shot. She was confident that such a mistake would not happen again. Her ears remained pricked and swiveled as she made her way through the now thawed arena. Birds chirped happily in the trees and the branches swayed in the wind. Rightfully, Sky had a good reason to be so sure of herself. She had three kills under her belt: the stupid horse, the ally, and that dumb kid. She smirked at the thought of Pillow. That might've been her smartest move. There was only one victor's crown after all. She trotted a little further along but stopped suddenly as she heard a branch crack behind her.

The deer's eyes narrowed and her body tensed. Sky moved her ears behind her head to better hear and then moved nimbly to the side as a wolf sprang at her with claws outstretched. She snorted and grabbed her dagger, pointing it at the wolf. The wolf, a male with gray fur and pure red eyes curled his lips back to reveal his yellowing fangs and curved his body back around towards her. Sky was preparing to rush him when she heard another growl and felt another wolf jump out from the treeline and onto her back. Sky grunted as she was knocked onto her stomach with the wolf on top of her. The dagger flew from her teeth and she cursed when the gray wolf knocked it away. She spat the dirt out of her mouth and bucked her head up so that her sharp antlers went right into the second wolf's chest, causing it to yelp and retreat. Quickly, Sky righted herself and stumbled backwards. She painted heavily as she got her first look at the second wolf.

It was a white female, though her coat was gray with grime. She was staring at Sky with wide eyes, as though she couldn't understand why she had hurt her. The male stood tall, breathing just as heavy as she was. It was then that she realized she recognized the male from training and recalled all the gossip she had heard. Her lips turned into a cruel sneer. "Wait. Aren't you the dog whose girlfriend died in the last games? What was her name? Brailey? Berkley? Berta-"

"Brandy." The male growled and Sky was glad to see she'd struck a nerve. "Her name was Brandy."

"Brandy. Right. I remember now." Sky then turned on the she-wolf, who ducked her eyes and flattened her ears. Sky's eyes turned cruel. "Well, I guess it's good you got a replacement then." She said and the male's eyes blazed with fury. He let out a howl and lunged at her now with the spear he had strapped to his back. Sky laughed and again dodged him, using her dagger to cut along his flank as he passed her. He yelped and fell to the ground, bleeding heavily. He gritted his teeth and began to stand up but Sky knocked him down again, planting on hoof on his bleeding wound and the other on the side of his head. His eyes were narrowed and angry but she could see the fear shadowing them. "Say hello to your dead girlfriend for me." She hissed and readied her sharp hooves to slice when a agonising pain shot through her back.

"Tell her yourself." Came the voice of the female wolf and the pain increased as the sword was drawn back. Sky gasped and blinked a few times before collapsing to the ground. She let out a few labored breaths before going completely still.

Geoff lifted his head as the cannon went off and he looked at Selene who had not moved, her sword lying abandoned on the ground. Her eyes were fixed on the doe. He gasped and cursed as he stood up, the pain in his flank almost unbearable. "Good job." He said to her. Selene lifted her eyes and nodded before picking her sword up off the ground. She didn't give Geoff another look as she slowly began to walk away. Great. Geoff thought, rolling his eyes. Then he looked up at the sky, flattened his ears, and followed painfully behind the disgruntled female.

a/n wrote:Ooohhh drammaaa
I knew I had to bring up Brandy sometime and make Selene question her life choices. Also, we're so close to being done! Only ten (I think ??) more tributes left!
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me