{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:04 am

Do you guys ever make aesthetic boards, mood boards, or just collections of things that remind you of your characters? I use pinterest to make boards for my characters and it's sooo fun tbh
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Pyjaks wrote:Do you guys ever make aesthetic boards, mood boards, or just collections of things that remind you of your characters? I use pinterest to make boards for my characters and it's sooo fun tbh
Nope; I find it a bit strange when people say such-and-such character looks like such-and-such an actor, tbh; like I kinda feel like now I can't just imagine how they look? Idk. I don't even have pinterest, so there's that XD

It's nowhere near ready for posting on or starting, but what do you guys think of this? c: Does it look interesting? Do you have questions or concerns or ideas, or anything? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to reply on this thread not sure if it's exactly on-topic *oops*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:51 pm

Ehhh, looks cool. How would you define a writer through pictures though? I'm drawing a blank.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:56 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Ehhh, looks cool. How would you define a writer through pictures though? I'm drawing a blank.
Thanks! c: My main ideas are, like, someone writing, or maybe a cosy corner that someone's obviously about to curl up and write in, or something.... Should I maybe change it to writing instead of writer, d'you reckon? Would that be easier, do you think?
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Yeah, maybe, it leaves it a bit more open in my opinion or maybe you could use both?

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:08 pm

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Yeah, maybe, it leaves it a bit more open in my opinion or maybe you could use both?
Good thinking. Thanks! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:16 am

Pyjaks wrote:Do you guys ever make aesthetic boards, mood boards, or just collections of things that remind you of your characters? I use pinterest to make boards for my characters and it's sooo fun tbh

I don't do either of the first two, but sometimes I'll gather together huge heaps of stuff--rocks, fabric, ribbons, flowers, et cetera--and arrange them; this isn't really for specific characters, though, it's more for the vibe of an entire story or sometimes a protagonist. Could you show us some of the mood boards you made?

Ranger of the North wrote:It's nowhere near ready for posting on or starting, but what do you guys think of this? c: Does it look interesting? Do you have questions or concerns or ideas, or anything? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to reply on this thread not sure if it's exactly on-topic *oops*

I'll copy-paste what I wrote on Lazy Writers:
      Ooh, it does look interesting! The only problem I can see is that it's super specific; there's not a big writer community here, and even fewer writers who would actually do it. After all of those people submitted their photos, then the challenge would be over--so it might last no more than a week. You could edit it and ask people to take a new picture every week/month that represents a certain thing, then others could write one-shots based on those photos. Does anyone have other ideas to add onto Ranger's?
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 am

The Worst Username wrote:

I don't do either of the first two, but sometimes I'll gather together huge heaps of stuff--rocks, fabric, ribbons, flowers, et cetera--and arrange them; this isn't really for specific characters, though, it's more for the vibe of an entire story or sometimes a protagonist. Could you show us some of the mood boards you made?
[/list][/list]

Yeah, ofc! I don't know if I'd call them mood boards though, they're just collections of images/quotes that remind me of certain characters.
Here's my Pinterest, I think I've privated everything except character boards

@ranger: that looks really interesting:0 I'm in a rush now but I'll respond in more detail later tonight!!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:59 am

wildlife. wrote:

I don't have a Gmail account--do you know if there's a way to change the settings so that non-users can view it? But thank you for posting it!

Pyjaks wrote:
wildlife. wrote:

Is there anyway you could change the settings so that I don't have to sign into my google account to view it?

sorry for the late reply and no actually but i guess i could post it here...though i'll have to ask my friend to see if she's comfortable with it (:

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:17 am

wildlife. wrote:
wildlife. wrote:

I don't have a Gmail account--do you know if there's a way to change the settings so that non-users can view it? But thank you for posting it!

Pyjaks wrote:
wildlife. wrote:

Is there anyway you could change the settings so that I don't have to sign into my google account to view it?

sorry for the late reply and no actually but i guess i could post it here...though i'll have to ask my friend to see if she's comfortable with it (:

Ahh ok, well if you do let us know and I'll be happy to look over it:D
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me