❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:16 am

The Worst Username wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
It's nowhere near ready for posting on or starting, but what do you guys think of this? c: Does it look interesting? Do you have questions or concerns or ideas, or anything? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to reply on this thread not sure if it's exactly on-topic *oops*

Ooh, it does look interesting! The only problem I can see is that it's super specific; there's not a big writer community here, and even fewer writers who would actually do it. After all of those people submitted their photos, then the challenge would be over--so it might last no more than a week. You could edit it and ask people to take a new picture every week/month that represents a certain thing, then others could write one-shots based on those photos. Does anyone have other ideas to add onto Ranger's?

Ooh, I was going to reply to this a while ago, I just forgot! I agree with Worst, in that it could be a monthly challenge, and the winning picture from each month could be the basis of another challenge that's a writing challenge based on the photo.

Let me explain that slightly better: each month people have a theme to take a photo for, then the winning photo of each month's challenge goes to be the following month's writing challenge. June's winning photo is July's writing challenge, basically. (I would totally be open to helping out with it if you like the idea! ^^ I would be open to running the writing thread and even adding prizes for (possibly) both)

I've hit a writer's block with my short story ugh
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:34 am

SilentMelody wrote:
    sometimes i've thought about writing a novel on chicken smoothie for people to read but...
    one, i'm not very good at coming up with ideas, and the ones i do have are pretty lame.
    two, i don't know if people would be interested or read them anyways.
    three, i'm pretty lazy and have a lot of other things to do.
    then again, it is summer and hopefully i'd have enough time to start a few chapters.

Hello! Welcome to the thread. I'm Worst, and I'm a bit of a workaholic when it comes to writing/everything, but everyone else here is pretty cool. Don't eat the carrots.
      1. Having a fantastic premise is overrated. Start with characters, a genre, worldbuilding, or an event (e.g., Nia and her sister Kaia are walking through the city when their friend Abby runs across the street toward them, then falls into a sewer). You can always ask other people for opinions on the ideas
      2. Then don't post it here yet; write for yourself.
      3. List your priorities! Going to work/school matters more than writing a first chapter, but which matters more to you: art or writing that first chapter?
    Eh, I'm sorry if you didn't want advice and just felt like ranting a bit. What are the ideas you have right now? We could probably give you some opinions on them. Anyways, how are you doing in general?

Winged wrote:I've hit a writer's block with my short story ugh

Keep writing, or at least outlining! If you don't, you might end up abandoning it.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:04 am

@worst hi, it's nice to meet ya! and don't worry, i'm not getting near those carrots.

i have a few general ideas, but i haven't actually gone off of them. maybe that would help.
    and i think perhaps an interest check would help? some people might be interested, i guess.
    and that's true, i do have a few commissions to finish up, but i usually write when i can't sleep.
    but i do appreciate the help! i was actually lowkey looking for advice, and i got it.

one idea i have is going along with one of the 50 or 100 prompts that i've seen on site. i've also thought about putting some poems on site for starters.
    but for an actual novel, i was thinking of two families with different bloodlines and powers. eventually, that causes them to go to war for centuries until two of the descendants fall in love and attempt to end the fight.
    i'm also currently working on a novel about a girl with some troubles who meets another girl, and they fall in love over time. although,i can't put it on site because most of it is against the rules due to her problems, but i could write something similar to it.
    and i'm pretty good, thanks for asking! how are you?
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am

I'm not dead! I have actually been writing :) Also welcome to any new people, stay away from carrots!
    It's late where I am and I haven't had chance to read through everything so sorry if I have missed anything important-

What's the last thing you researched for a story?

*sweats*

- Lots and Lots of writing guides and tips
    - A few bits about Victory Frankenstein (in order to study his behaviour and personality as he is similar to my main character)
    - Bits relating to life in the 1980s
    - Class and living/working conditions in the 1980s
    - Depression and a few other mental health conditions
    - Aaand few other body conditions I rather not go into detail about-

Do you tend to have a lot of characters in a story or just a few mains?

The fewer the better in my book! However, I only have 2 main characters. The rest are just side characters.
    I prefer just to focus and keep my attention on developing few characters rather than loads. It makes
    things more simple and less confusing.
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:53 am

@Tea
Congratulations on not being dead! Good to hear that you're writing, though--realistic fiction something in the '80s?

@Melody
I'm pretty good, especially now that school is almost over, but my family's moving.
I like both ideas, but they seem a bit vague, especially the second. How do you think the forbidden (I assume forbidden) lovers would end the fight? I really like the second idea, for some reason; must be something about romance involving mental/physical problems.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:14 am

@Melody

So sorry I kind of skipped over you there, I promise it wasn't intentional.
In any case welcome to the thread!

I don't mean to be rude, but your idea about the bloodlines and the forbidden lovers sounds like a rehash of Romeo and Juliet. I just think that it's been done to death, so if you were going to do it you would have to give it something new so that it's not too derivative. I'm not saying you shouldn't go for it! I think you should go for it and have fun doing it.
The second idea sounds like it could be a really sweet story. You could post it somewhere offsite and link it to us, with a warning for younger readers in relation to the problems.

A little update on my short story, powered through the writer's block, and now I'm on ~2,400 words :D It's sort of 3/4 of the way done so I'll probably (wishfully thinking) have it finished as a first draft by tomorrow!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:32 am

The Worst Username wrote:@Tea
Congratulations on not being dead! Good to hear that you're writing, though--realistic fiction something in the '80s?

Yep :) There's something about that time period I like but I'm not really sure why. The plot is still in the works but I'm proud of what I have so far. It isn't perfect of course but hey, practice is practice.
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:05 pm

winged-backpack wrote:
The Worst Username wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:
It's nowhere near ready for posting on or starting, but what do you guys think of this? c: Does it look interesting? Do you have questions or concerns or ideas, or anything? Feel free to pm me if you don't want to reply on this thread not sure if it's exactly on-topic *oops*
      Ooh, it does look interesting! The only problem I can see is that it's super specific; there's not a big writer community here, and even fewer writers who would actually do it. After all of those people submitted their photos, then the challenge would be over--so it might last no more than a week. You could edit it and ask people to take a new picture every week/month that represents a certain thing, then others could write one-shots based on those photos. Does anyone have other ideas to add onto Ranger's?
Ooh, I was going to reply to this a while ago, I just forgot! I agree with Worst, in that it could be a monthly challenge, and the winning picture from each month could be the basis of another challenge that's a writing challenge based on the photo.

Let me explain that slightly better: each month people have a theme to take a photo for, then the winning photo of each month's challenge goes to be the following month's writing challenge. June's winning photo is July's writing challenge, basically. (I would totally be open to helping out with it if you like the idea! ^^ I would be open to running the writing thread and even adding prizes for (possibly) both)

I've hit a writer's block with my short story ugh
Ooh, those are cool ideas! I was just going to leave it open; I'll probably end up posting a bunch of photos, lol. I was going to link similar threads to it, too, if it copped any interest; exactly the same, but with the theme of 'sport' or 'fun' or 'athlete' or somethin'; does that sound good, d'you think? I might go with you guys' ideas, too; that sounds awesome
uhnu, Backpack! Get well soon ;c

Kia ora, Melody, welcome along! Watch out for carrots! c:
I don't feel like I have anything to add at the moment, apart from what Worst and Backpack have said, but I'm interested in seeing some of your work~! c:

Tea, you're alive! And writing! Double win, go you! ;D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriDeZu » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Melody, hello! Welcome!

Hello to the people who aren't dead and are writing!

So, I'm thinking of posting a story on here. Kinda like what Mai (and I'm sure others) has/is doing. I'm not sure what I want to write about yet and I want to get back into the habit of writing regularly and I'm hoping this will help. Any suggestions? I like writing fantasy/action type things, though I'm willing to try something new. I greatly appreciate any advice or ideas that are thrown my way.
Hi there! I love anime and manga. Mainly Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass, From Far Away, SNK, Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, and Akatsuki no Yona.
I really like talking to other people so feel free to pm me :)
I'm open to most trades, so again, feel free to send me one :)
Image Image

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby your blanket » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:49 pm

i just wrote a long paragraph for a 1X1 RP plot, agh my fingers.
do you guys still roleplay? and if you do, what genre ?

(( sorry if someone asked me a question or anything like that,
i have no idea what's happening aha ))
your blanket

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me