Stormclan's Writtings - RISE - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

So Long and Goodnight (Complete - 321 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:56 pm

"It's time." A slim brown she-cat quietly whispers to her mate, standing aside to reveal their son.
He is now the age of an older kit. Ready to eat solid food and able to walk quite masterfully.

The golden tom dips his head to the two of them. He realises that the two of them must have discussed what is happening before coming to him. He felt nervous, but excited to finally live with his son. Even if he can never tell his son that he is the father.

"Are you ready to be a clan cat?" Thistlespot asks the young tom, who quickly nods his head vigorously.

Thunder wasn't too sure what was happening, but he knew that his mother wanted him to go with this cat that he had grown to like. He would become a clan cat, which he liked the thought of very much. Perhaps it was only because he was a naive cat but he didn't feel that worried to be away from his mother anymore. He liked her but he was excited for something new and to see more of the world.

Thunder's mother gently nudged him towards thistlespot, trying to hold back tears as her son finally leaves her.

Thistlespot slowly pads up to his mate with a swift sigh, he knows what he needs to do next but he was still dreading it.
"I don't think we can be together anymore. It has cost me enough as it is. I can't risk my position anymore. I'm sorry." He gives her one final lick on the cheek, before turning to leave with thunder.

Face in shock and going wide-eyed, she quickly fights to find the right words before she loses them both forever. Unable to see her son or mate anymore. She relised that maybe it was better to say nothing after all. Silence was the last thing that thistle would hear of her.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Beautiful Lie (Complete - 403 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm

As they started to reach the clan borders, thistlespot couldn't help but tell his son about all the wonders of clan life. He told him about all the hunting, battling and chores that will need to be done as an apprentice and warrior. "Oh, and you'll need a new name too!" He fusses over thunder, excited to finally have him join.

They approached the border, where thistle then told thunder to be quiet and pretend that he had found him as a lost kit. Thistlespot didn't want to risk his position in the clan by admitting that thunder was his son. But he also wanted protection for his son. He didn't want them both to be cast out because of this.

Silently stalking into camp, he goes to report his finding to wolfstar.
"Wolfstar, I have found this kit on the clan border! It seems as though they are alone and that their mother has abandoned them." He informs her in a rather serious tone. It was normal for kits to get lost from their parents around here and stormclan were no strangers to taking them in.

"And you intend for them to stay here?" She paused, studying thistlespot's face.
This seemed different than usual, but she was afraid to confront him about it. She quickly made her decision. Very well."
Wolfstar quickly looks the kit over, examining him. "What is your name, little one?" Her voice gentle and smooth, trying her best not to scare the young tom.

"I'm thunder!" The small tom pipes up. He didn't look frightened, even amongst all these other strange cats that he didn't know.

Wolfstar gives a quick nod of her head, before leaping to the top of high rock.
"Gather around everyone, I have good news to announce!" Her voice rang out around the hollow, for each and every cat to hear. Before long, the cats of stormclan gathered beneath the rock in curiosity, wondering what their leader had to announce.

Wolfstar waited in silence, making sure that everyone was there before she continued the meeting.
"I am happy to announce that we have a new cat joining our clan!" She gestures to thunder with a flick of her tail. "This cat is now thunderkit!" Thunderkit's eyes glowed. He had been accepted into the clan and was officially one of them.

Thistlespot gave a hearty grin. He couldn't be any more proud of his son.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Hereditary (Complete - 405 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 pm

Before thunderkit knew it, a moon had passed and it was already time for him to become an apprentice. He couldn't help but wonder who he was going to get as a mentor. He was hoping for thistlespot as the two had grown a strong bond together since he joined the clan. He didn't know why but he just felt connected to the older tom. Regardless, he would just be happy to be an apprentice and wasn't too picky on who he got as a mentor, having a cat he really liked would just be an added bonus for him.

He trots out from the nursery, already groomed and fully prepared for the ceremony that is about to come. He glances at the highrock and could already see wolfstar surrounded by thistlespot and another cat that he can't make out. That must be his new mentor! Only a heartbeat later the announcement came, the one he had been waiting for.

"Gather around stormclan, we have a ceremony underway!" Wolfstar's voice echoed across the clearing. Soon enough cats came swarming in from all directions to sit below the highrock, where wolfstar patiently sat. Thunderkit went to sit with them, shaking from excitement.

"Today is the day that one of our kits will become an apprentice!" Wolfstar announces before briefly looking down to make sure she could catch sight of the young tom. She locked eyes for a second before returning to her announcements.

"Thunderkit! Step forward!" The voice was booming, slightly intimidating for someone so small and young. But thunderkit wouldn't back down. This was his time to shine. He nervously stood up from where he was sitting and went to stand right below wolfstar.

"You have shown much promise in the last moon of being in our clan. For that, I congratulate you. From this moment on you shall be called Thunderpaw and will be apprenticed to smudgenose!" She gazed over to where the larger tom was standing with her and thistlespot. The fawn tom seemed a little nervous but excited, showing the exact emotions that thunderpaw felt. But thunderpaw liked smudgenose, he was always so friendly and soft.

Thunderpaw turned to look at thistlespot, grinning at him. Thistlespot already had the most ecstatic gleam plastered across his face. The two exchanged a small nod before others cut in.

"Thunderpaw, thunderpaw!" The clan cheered his new name proudly. He was truly one of them now.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Misguided Ghosts (Incomplete - 0 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:58 pm

Ghostly figures had never seemed more calming to wolfstar than in this moment.
Finally, she was able to press up against her brother once again, even if she could see right through him.

WIP - Oakleaf telling wolfstar how he died, asking to join the clan as a warrior
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Lost Soul (Complete - 607 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:06 pm

Where had everyone gone? This was his family, no one could just up and leave their own kin! Such a thing sounded absolutely preposterous to the young tom. And yet, it had happened to him. They were gone, absolutely everyone. Without a trace or trail to follow.

Slate leapt back and forth around the hollow, trying to look for any sign that his family might have left for him. This was so unlike them. They loved him, didn't they? He thought they did but given what had occurred, perhaps they had changed their mind. He started to panic, he didn't know what he would do without his family, he was so used to living with other cats that he had never considered going without them. That and he was too young to go off on his own.

He sighed in defeat. Perhaps they just went for a family outing and forgot to tell him. He began to look around the surrounding forest, hoping to catch the slightest scent of them. No luck, just more lousy bushes. His fear begins to grow. Will he really be able to do this?

"Maybe I should wait a few days..." He whispers to himself, trying to remain optimistic about the situation at hand.

So that's just what slate did. He waited many days until he couldn't take it anymore. They weren't coming back and he knew that for certain now. Exhausted and starving, he slowly gets up to try and search the nearby twoleg homes for scraps of food. He delicately trots over the small pathway that separated the forest and the twoleg place. It felt warm and coarse against his soft footpads, but he didn't mind as long as he got the food.

He quickly gazes back at the forest, making sure that all was safe. That's when he saw a bright orange figure. Another cat! Perhaps he was saved after all. Forgetting about the food, he quickly rushes to the other cat. Making sure not to seem aggressive, he sits down right in front of her.

"Please, you've got to help me! They've gone, all of them! They left without me. Will you help me, miss?" Slate pleaded with the older she-cat, hoping that she would see just how desperate he was to get help.

The orange cat slowly looked him up and down, noting that he looked rather thin and was in pretty bad shape. She gives him a gentle lick on the head before wrapping her tail around the young tom, making sure he is well protected and comforted.

"Sure buddy, I'll take care of you." She pauses to look down at him and smile.
"My name is wolf, what is yours?" Her voice comes in a sweet, smooth purr, almost like honey.

"Oh thank you!" Slate heaves a sigh of relief, before realising that he left her question unanswered. He nervously shuffles his paws on the dry, earthy ground. "I'm slate." His voice comes out rough and shaky.

Wolf nods briefly to show acknowledgment. The name was strange and unfamiliar to her, not something that she had ever heard of before. She was determined to help the young tom. Perhaps one day she could even help all cats that are in need of help.

"Well, Slate, we need to go clean you up and get you something to eat. Follow me, young one." Wolfstar slowly got up, making sure not to startle slate. For now, she would do whatever it takes to keep this kit safe.

Slate quickly follows her, his once exhausted body now filled with energy and excitement. Finally, someone he can rely on.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Mark (Complete - 433 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:54 pm

Thunk!
"Ow! Not again..." Rumblekit grumbles yet again. How did all of these other cats find it so easy to know where they're going, while he kept bumping into things? He couldn't wrap his head around it and it left him feeling a little hopeless. Maybe he'll never get the hang of it.

No matter, he would try again until he was finally able to get it!

"Rumblekit, are you okay?" The worried yet soothing purr of his mother sounded from nearby. "It seems like you're constantly running into trees, are you okay?" Her voice was full of concern as she once again repeated the question. Her eyes gave off a gentle glow. She sat beside rumblekit, wrapping her tail around him to comfort him. He quietly cuddles into her fur, finding comfort in the warmth. He gives out a sigh, deciding to tell her about his struggles.

"Well you see momma, it's just..." He takes a long pause, trying to find the right words. He shuffles his paws on the floor and looks down at them nervously. "How can everyone else see where they're going? Do they get used to the fog?" He looks up at her once again. Did you?" His eyes wide and pleading for the answer. He had to know that he wasn't just the only one that was struggling with this.

"Oh, rumblekit..." She had hoped that it wasn't true. She had taken note of the fogginess in his eyes ever since he first opened them and hoped it wouldn't affect him. She had hoped that it was little more than the colour of his eyes. But no, he was partially blind and she could see that now.

Wolfstar decided that maybe it was best to not tell him that it was different for others, just to make sure that it wouldn't sadden him any further.
"My dear, you will get used to it soon enough." She holds him close, trying her best to comfort him. The small tom slowly drifted off to sleep in his mother's grasp, feeling warm and comfortable.

From a distance, smokestep could be seen observing what had just unfolded. Wolfstar looked up to match his gaze, which was filled with curiosity and worry for his mate and son. Wolfstar could do nothing but give a sorrowful nod to him in return, before going back to tending to her son. They had conversations and worries beforehand that their son was different and had questioned his foggy eyes many times, but now they know.

Regardless, they will still love him with everything that they have.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wolves of a Storm (Complete - 604 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:09 pm

It had always just been the two of them, silently sitting atop the rocky cliff in wonder, staring up at the night sky and trying to find shapes in the stars. A game that they had both always loved to play together.

Wolfstorm glanced over to wolfstorm, their eyes shone in the light of the moon on this cold, dark night. They had never loved this cat more than in this very moment, just a safe little space between the both of them. It felt like pure bliss. And yet, it can only get better. They couldn't wait to tell wolfstorm the exciting news. They cleared their throat in a low, hefty cough, interrupting the moment of bliss for little more than a sweet second. They looked up to their mate, who was peacefully staring off into the night sky.

"Wolfstorm, I need to tell you something." The young cat announced, gazing around frantically to make sure that no one else was there to hear. They wanted this moment to be perfect, with no one else but the two of them.

"Wolfstorm, I'm expecting your kits!" Their eyes gleamed with a slight tinge of worry, nervous for what their mate would have to say. They tried their best to look at ease, but their excitement bubbled over. They could no longer contain their excitement for the future kits.

Wolfstorm tilted their head, eyes growing wide in shock. Kits? They curled their tail around wolfstorm in delight. They couldn't be any more happy with the news that their mate had just bestowed on them.

Wolfstorm knew that wolfstorm would like the surprise. They gently placed their head against wolfstorm's chest fur, purring in joy. They were so happy to be with this cat and wouldn't want anyone else, despite the confusion with their names that some other cats may have. They were perfect and always will be.

Being a parent? Wolfstorm could live with that. They had always had a fondness for kits but had never really thought about them. They had discussed it with wolfstorm and they both agreed they would like kits, but never talked about it much further than that. Not until now, when their mate, wolfstorm had just told them that they were having their kits.

"Hey wolfstorm?" Wolfstorm looked down at the young cat with eyes glistening. "I think you'll be the best and most perfect parent to our kits." They whispered to the other cat softly. The two of them looked on, back into the dark pelt of the night sky, with stars shining bright.

"I want one of them to be called sckit." Wolfstorm murmurs, so quietly that it was barely able to be heard, nearly lost to the faint breeze. They weren't too sure if wolfstorm heard it and perhaps it was better if they didn't. They knew it wasn't a proper name but they felt very connected to the name for some reason.

"But wolfstorm... That isn't even a clan name." Wolfstorm looked at wolfstorm in confusion. A kit not having a proper prefix? What is this madness? No matter, they would honor their mate's wish if it was what they truly wanted.

"I know." Was all that wolfstorm replied with. Too caught up in thought, excited for the new arrivals.

The two were glad to be parents but were rather young for kits. That was no matter for them, they would work it out together. As long as they were together, it didn't matter what happened. The two loved each other and were finally able to build just what they just wanted together, a family.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Watcher (Complete - 226 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Cinderkit had never been one for much games, this was not an exception to that. She would watch them in the shadows, always so nervous to make a move. She wanted friends but she didn't know how to talk to them. She would stalk them from afar, just hoping that one day she might be brave enough to show interest in others.

""Hey cinderkit, why don't you come and join us?" Her father heartily called to her. He was playing a game of mossball with her sibling, rumblekit. Rolling the ball back and forth to each other rather harshly, trying to get it past one another. The two looked to be enjoying themselves.

Cinderkit rolls her eyes in disgust. She never liked that game and would much rather play a game of hide and seek, or climb the tree. This game felt too full of strength, rather than intellect, which she would heavily prefer. But she couldn't tell them that.

Unfortunately for her father, she wasn't good at conveying this to him. Otherwise, he would have happily changed the game if it meant she would be involved for once. She just shook her head and turned to sit alone in the shade of the hollow. No, for someone like herself, her place will always be in the shadows. Observing every movement from inside the clan walls.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Time Well Lost (Complete - 300 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 pm

Cas x Bramblethorn
- Explain the time that the cats spend with each other/how it is split. If they don't spend time together, why?

In the beginning, cas and bramblethorn had a very solid relationship.

Bramblethorn truly thought that perhaps they would have lasted forever, but it was not destined to be so. Just as bramblethorn was truly starting to fall in love with him and they were starting to build a family together, cas left. This resulted in a split between the family. Cas took a kit and left one remaining with bramblethorn. The two kits would never really learn of who their other parent was and so, they would never spend time with them but instead, focus on their one parent that they had.

At times, bramblethorn's kit grew curious of who their father was, but was too afraid to ask her. She had always seemed so angry or upset whenever he was mentioned. Maybe one day they might find out, but for now it would remain a mystery. For all they knew, anyone could be their father and they might have already seen them but not have known. While this upsets the kit very much, they feel as if it is something that they might be able to live with.

Bramblethorn has a very confusing outlook on cas for what he has done. She still misses him at times but is outraged at what he has done to her and her family. They were meant to live happily ever after and then this happens? She could claw his pelt off for that.

But yet, she feels as though she could forgive him if he is sincere enough about it, although she wouldn't feel inclined to being with him again and would much rather stay friends at most. She does miss her other kit dearly and it frightens her that she doesn't know where they are or if they're okay or not.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dove's Betrayal (Complete - 610 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:51 pm

He knew it was wrong but when he saw her, he felt so right. Everything started to spin in his head and he began to get a giddy feeling that made him feel like a kit all over again. Despite her hostility towards him at times, he truly did love her for what she was. Maybe he shouldn't have, but he didn't care at that time. He knew that thistlespot would give him an earful and maybe attempt to claw him, but that was a future worry for him. For now, it was only him and her, sitting together in peace and enjoying each other's company.

The two of them would argue from time to time and she would even try to attack him, but he never stopped giving his all and trying to appreciate her as much as he could. He knew that his time with her was limited due to him being a clan cat and him being an outsider, so he tried to make the most of it. Perhaps she didn't realise or she may have acted kinder to the poor tom. The two really did get along at times, but there would also be other times where she would be less than kind to dovecall for no reason and he would just have to deal with it, which is just what he did to avoid further arguments.

These two cats were always in a love-hate kind of relationship. Or she was, at least. One minute she would love him and the next he would be at his throat purely for the thrill of the fight. Their relationship was one that had nearly broken apart many times, yet dovecall would always try and pick the pieces back together. This would only get worse as their family grew and they had kits together. At first, they were close and it was okay. But once they started training the kits, there was that hostility once again that decided to shine through. He tried to teach them good values but it was overshadowed by her own methods of training.

The main part that he couldn't stand was when his mate had started to teach their kits her hateful ways, that was his finishing point. He could no longer trust someone who would do that to his own kits and so, he took them back to his clan and away from the hostile she-cat. From that point onwards, he realised that it was better to be happy, rather than trying to please someone who didn't appreciate it and would get angry at him for the sake of causing arguments.

It may have been too late for one of his kits, who had already started hating his own father because of the close bond that he had with his mother. He wanted to be able to rule the world with her, to make other cats tremble at their paws. But dovecall wouldn't allow that. He had tried many times to set the young kit on the right path, with no luck. He was obsessed with overpowering others and using them for his own profit. His mother had taught him well, too well.

Good news for him, however as the other kits still loved him very much and were thankful that he had rescued them from their tyrant of a mother. They soon developed a strong bond with their father and got along quite well. Yet dovecall will always try to inclue that one kit who never got along with him into their activities, even if he spits at him and doesn't want to join. Maybe one day they will grow a bond.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes