❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby scarecrowz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:05 pm

oofhey!
hope there wasnt a form needed to join or anything because if so i've already failed. Would a series revolving around a creature who has escaped from a lab and is going on sort of like a journey/run? I have most of the beginning figured out but I have no idea what the middle could be, since ofc just some cool thing running around isn't gonna make it fun

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:00 pm

jurassic, wrote:oofhey!
hope there wasnt a form needed to join or anything because if so i've already failed. Would a series revolving around a creature who has escaped from a lab and is going on sort of like a journey/run? I have most of the beginning figured out but I have no idea what the middle could be, since ofc just some cool thing running around isn't gonna make it fun

You could start by writing a bunch of short stories about their adventures if you want. I currently have a few characters and a world for one of my stories, but no plot, so I'm just using a bunch of prompts and writing short stories based around them. It's giving me a lot of ideas for what kinds of things I could use as a plot for a longer story, and it's also just really fun to try using these characters and this world in a bunch of different ways.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:20 pm

jurassic, wrote:oofhey!
Welcome, welcome! No form needed, just beware of carrots ;D That's a fascinating concept btw. Also seconding Sparrow's advice, it seems pretty sound xD Good luck with it!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hailpaw » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:31 pm

someone please force me to work on a fanfiction commission for someone on twitter. it's literally NINE MONTHS overdue and the commissioner is pretty pissed off since they've already payed me. normally i only take payment after i'm finished, but i really needed money at the time i took the commission, and goodness, it's coming back to bite me in the behind. but my dumb self still won't work on it???? what the heck am i doing, honestly.
hailpaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:54 pm

hailpaw wrote:someone please force me to work on a fanfiction commission for someone on twitter. it's literally NINE MONTHS overdue and the commissioner is pretty pissed off since they've already payed me. normally i only take payment after i'm finished, but i really needed money at the time i took the commission, and goodness, it's coming back to bite me in the behind. but my dumb self still won't work on it???? what the heck am i doing, honestly.
*whacks* GO DO IT
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellipses » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:37 pm

oof, heyo! i'm currently here in search of world-building tips - anyone got any secrets they'd like to share on how to develop worlds?
ellipses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sevenstorms » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:47 am

hello,
I am seeking a writing partner, and also offering to become a beta reader (serious writing endeavours only, no fanfic sorry)
looking forward to finding someone that will hold me accountable, and I will do the same in return.

inbox is open - more info inside.
merry meet!
ImageImageImage
⋯ of course I feel too much, i'm a universe of exploding stars ⋯
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
sevenstorms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:04 am

DNDon't wrote:oof, heyo! i'm currently here in search of world-building tips - anyone got any secrets they'd like to share on how to develop worlds?

Hmm, I assume you mean a fanatsy world? My personal favourite place is to start with a rough map, depending on how wide a scope the story takes place, it could be the country, the continent, or wider. Then, after I know how many countries I have, I start working down, giving them names, systems of rulership, ect.
sevenstorms wrote:hello,
I am seeking a writing partner, and also offering to become a beta reader (serious writing endeavours only, no fanfic sorry)
looking forward to finding someone that will hold me accountable, and I will do the same in return.

merry meet!

I'd be interested, but I'm not sure I'd be a good fit, I tend to bounce around from one project to the next and write one-shots mostly.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 am

hailpaw wrote:someone please force me to work on a fanfiction commission for someone on twitter. it's literally NINE MONTHS overdue and the commissioner is pretty pissed off since they've already payed me. normally i only take payment after i'm finished, but i really needed money at the time i took the commission, and goodness, it's coming back to bite me in the behind. but my dumb self still won't work on it???? what the heck am i doing, honestly.

And this is the reason I don't think I will ever do commissions. Good luck to you! I've personally found that I can get a lot done if I can turn off my wifi and work offline. It's harder to get distracted that way.

sevenstorms wrote:hello,

merry meet!

Merry Meet! That sounds like an interesting idea. I've never done this kind of thing before, unless you count roleplaying, which could I guess, be considered writing partners. However, now is not the greatest time. If you're still looking for a partner next week, though, I might be able to. What kind of genre do you like to write and read? Most of us have threads on here where we post stories and such. Personally, I don't need a beta reader, but if you ever find yourself in want of a short fantasy read, you can check out my thread and the various stories/poems there.

DNDon't wrote:oof, heyo! i'm currently here in search of world-building tips - anyone got any secrets they'd like to share on how to develop worlds?

Oh dear lord, you have just opened the biggest can in the world. Hard to work off of nothing, but my general tips would be to focus on one area, and then try to find ways that area connects to others. Start me on an idea, and I can write out my thought process for you, if that helps. Generally, I ask and answer questions about the topic in question. Magic? sure! What about it? Is it special? What are the limits? What makes it work? What makes it make sense in context? Who can use it? How does it work? What can it do? What can't it do?

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Hey guys, anyone remember last year when someone (I think it was either Bucket or Backpack?) suggested an advent challenge where you wrote every day until Christmas? Yeah, well I did it last year and had fun, so I'm doing it again. I started on the first and meant to share but I am what I am, so anyway, here's a link if anybody cares

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me