β™• π•―π–Šπ–šπ–ˆπ–Š π–‹π–†π–’π–Žπ–Œπ–‘π–Žπ–† β€” prompts archive

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

β™• π•Ύπ–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–‘ β€” E4

Postby kyum- » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:13 am

π•Ώπ–π–Š π–™π–†π–‘π–Šπ–˜ π–‡π–Šπ–π–Žπ–“π–‰ π–π–Žπ–˜ π–˜π–ˆπ–†π–—π–˜ - RAON

alike his brother, raon's body was littered with scars. these were accumulated through his life, from childhood under the abuse of their father, and until much later, when he would heal from the wounds of battle. each told a solemn tale of its own, each holding a memory he had once wished to forget - until he had accepted them, taking them as reminders of what had made him the person he was now.

the abuse he endured as a child was less than that of cael - the older lion shielded raon with his body, even as his skin tore and he bled from his wounds. but when cael wasn't home, or when cael couldn't protect him, raon was subject to their father's torture, and was hurt heavily by the objects their parent would hurl at him and whip him with. on his back, on his legs and arms; nowhere was safe from the abuse. raon had been thankful the man had never scarred his face.

then he left home with cael behind him. they fought on the streets for their right to live - for the right to survive. living on the streets of zikar was a violent and animalistic thing - crime was abundant despite the good-folk's efforts; no amount of good-folk could outweigh the influence of corrupt officials. everyday, the boys would find themselves in battle - raon often stepped up to fight despite his brother's protests. he fought with his life, and with them, he brought upon himself new scars. they overlapped the ones he'd already had, and they freshly marked smooth fur. over his muzzle, and over his tail and arms and legs and chest.

he remembered one fight in particular. his brother had fallen, barely conscious before another thuggish runaway lion. raon stepped in - it wasn't long after they'd left home, and raon was uncertain, but seethed with vengeance. the runaway watched him warily, not once mocking nor childishly condescending. he just watched, desperate and stricken by the dark world. raon made the first move, pouncing on the older lion, and from there, it was just red. the red of his anger, the red of their pain. somehow - perhaps because the lion had already been weakened by cael - raon stood over the other lion who had been knocked unconscious. raon found himself new scars. on his front left hand and wrist, he found two new wounds running over an old scar, and it reminded him tremendously of the markings on his brother's own. he felt a strange sense of pride at the scar, bragging about it to cael the moment the older was stable and awake.

438 words.
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

β™• π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–Š β€” S10

Postby kyum- » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:49 am

π•Άπ–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝖔𝖋 π–™π–π–Š π–€π–“π–‰π–Šπ–—π–œπ–”π–—π–‘π–‰ - CAEL

cael was silent as he stared out his bedroom window, reminiscing of times he once wished were only a nightmare. so many years had passed; he was no longer the helpless child who tip-toed around the man who had hurt them. now, he was sat atop the world, in his manor with the greatest view of the city in its horizon.

so much time had passed, so much had happened. cael solemnly smiled, his hands intertwined together as he continued to watch the scenery outside. how deceitfully peaceful zikar looked when you lived outside of it - how ordinary it seemed. there were no sirens, no shouts and gunshots. no cries. no tears.

no pain.

he inhaled deeply, shutting his eyes as he pushed the thoughts away. breathing out evenly, the faces of the children he had raised, and the members of his new family arose in his mind. even those who had passed by him, and those who had passed before him. he remembered them all.

and he felt his heart clench in his chest - a distant ache for a yearning he knew impossible. cael wished they had better lives - for all of them. those who had been hurt and those who would be hurt. he wished the city would spare them her cruelty, smile down upon them for once in her unending life. but he knew it was impossible.

but from where he sat, on his throne above the underworld, he could make things better. he couldn't take it all away, couldn't erase the suffering and horrors of the city, but he could control it - minimise the boundaries of crime. he could protect them - in his own criminal way.

as he had been - for as long as he could.

290 words.
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyum- » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:40 pm

π•Ώπ–šπ–—π–‹ π–œπ–†π–— - KREIG, SKYE

the wailing of ships sounded from the docks, announcing their arrivals, and with them, their imports. the sandy brown lion smirked to himself, lips wrapped cruelly around the cigarette between grit teeth. a sinister look graced his features - a look somewhat calm, yet promised madness in the flames dancing in his orbs.

he didn't turn at the thud that sounded behind him - he knew it could be no other than his borrowed manpower. the best scout they had in some time - one that was at the ready at any time, unlike the others who had duties of more importance.

"it's as reported, sir," the soldier began. "the shipment is filled with it. there's a number of guards protecting the cargo as well - perhaps more than we've brought today; they're expecting us."

the captain rolled his head from side to side, the smile never faltering despite the soldier's words. instead, he casually pulled the cigarette from his lips, crushing it under his feet as he turned to look the recruit in their eyes. skye's own features betrayed no emotion. kreig's grin widened.

"well, what are we waiting for?"

skye's eyes narrowed, but they remained silent, obedient. nodding their head once, they stalked off once again, rolling a shoulder before cocking the safety of their pistol. kreig watched them as they wound the silencer into place, huffing an approving snort. he pressed a button on his earpiece, growing serious as he growled a command to his men.

"move out. we go to war."

251 words.
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

β™• π•Ύπ–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–‘ β€” E5

Postby kyum- » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:51 pm

𝕾𝖒𝖆𝖗𝖙-π–’π–”π–šπ–™π– - CAEL, RAON, [url]ORPHAN[/url]

just a little longer, cael thought to himself, glancing curtly to the side, where his brother had very non-conspicuously sidled up next to the woman, looking as disinterested as ever. their eyes met for a quick second, the corner of cael's own lips quirking up mischievously when they did, and raon rolled his eyes, but was unable to stop himself from letting out a smirk of his own.

"what do you say we meet each other again sometime?" the woman asked, bringing cael's attention instantly back again to her.

his expertise allowed him to keep his cool, even when startled by her voice. cael took the woman's hands in his, grinning charmingly at her, revelling in his growing skills as a casanova. he could remember the first time he'd tried seducing the patrons at these parties; the first times weren't so pretty - even raon had boisterously laughed at him, not stopping even as they were preparing for bed much later that night.

cael let himself shoot his brother another signalling glance, then slipped a hand from the woman's to her cheek, holding her face in place so she wouldn't be able to catch raon in the act. he caressed her cheek with a thumb, firmly holding onto her hand with the other still grasping hers.

"if you would see me again, gorgeous, i would be honoured to see you again."

he punctuated his words with a wink, leaning in to press a chaste kiss to her cheek. the woman pulled back shyly, head turning a little as she did. cael paused, moving his other hand up now to ensure she wouldn't turn around any further, holding her face in place. he managed to catch sight of his brother beginning his work, reaching into the unguarded purse resting at her waist. the younger appeared nonchalant as he did, scanning his surroundings, only peeking at the bag every once in a while.

"i suppose i'm a little too eager - i apologise," cael whispered to his prey, eyes still watching his brother carefully. "do forgive me."

the woman tried to shake her head, but her cheeks were fixed between cael's palms. cael pulled away, and as he did, he noticed raon shove something under the lapels of his jacket. cael had to bite his lip to refrain from smiling, instead pretending to be remorseful.

"i'll... leave now," cael muttered gently. "see you again sometime, beautiful."

cael pushed through the crowd to leave, 'accidentally' bumping into some of the more careless party-goers as he did, slipping his hand into back pockets and jackets and bags to fish for wallets he could take as he made his way to exit.

raon met him outside, where they slipped into an alleyway nearby. they celebrated their loot in their silent way, happily counting their earnings as they did. and when that was done with, they shoved all of the cash into a backpack, ready to return home for the night.

but before raon could sling the backpack over his shoulder, it was snatched from his grasp, and a pre-teen was getting away. the brothers gave chase, yelling at the (ironically) little thief. the cub only laughed at them, sticking his tongue out at the brothers mockingly.

the brothers eventually caught up, catching the mongrel before he could escape through a tiny gap. he yowled and screamed as raon held him rather threateningly, whilst cael procured their stolen goods. with a sigh, cael signed for raon to put the child down, and the younger did, grasping the cub's shoulder to ensure he wouldn't try to escape.

"look, you really shouldn't be stealing, kid," cael lectured tiredly, slumping against a wall.

"speak for yourself," the cub bit. he glared irritably at cael. "and i wasn't stealing; i was returning what was stolen to the people they were taken from."

cael raised an eyebrow, remarking sarcastically. "right."

"i was. and you have no way of proving otherwise," he smugly responded. "you can't take me to the police either, because like i said, i wanted to return what was stolen. i know the truth."

cael hummed, pursing his lips to stop himself from smiling.

"got a cheeky little mouth on you, don't you?"

the cub shrugged. cael stared at the child, pondering for a minute, then two. the cub wiggled under his scrutiny, clearly uncomfortable.

"tell you what," he finally said, clapping his hands together. "if you have nowhere to go, why not come with us?"

raon widened his eyes, horrified.

"i think we could use a talent like you."

759 words.
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyum- » Fri May 01, 2020 2:47 am

A Deserved Vacation - [url]CAEL[/url], [url]RAON[/url], [url]KREIG[/url], [url]ASENATH[/url], [url]SKYE[/url],

Joyous laughter and excited screams rang around them; people bustled about, absorbed in their own friends and family, ignorant of the group of lions standing somewhat awkwardly in the middle of the path. Cael stood in the center of that stiff troop, the only one who was somewhat casual among tense mobsters; even Raon was rigid despite his composed facade.

β€œWe should leave,” Raon whispered, leaning close to his brother’s ears to be heard. β€œIt’s loud, open, and dangerous. You could get hurt.”

Cael chuckled under his breath, but raised a hand as if it would stop Raon’s concerns. β€œDon’t be a killjoy, Raon. I brought us here today to let go of ourselves.”

Raon didn’t continue, knowing there was no changing his brother’s mind. Instead, he focused his thoughts and attention to his surroundings; he would remain vigilant, whether his brother would allow him to or not. It was only fair.

By their side, Kreig looked at the various rides before him warily. Asenath, on the other hand, was tense for another reason; it was his first time here and he was dying to have the time of his life. Skye to his side was awkwardly gazing at everything around them, wracked with withheld interest and excitement.

Other members of the family that had arrived had either already left or chosen to wait for Cael’s orders. Noticing this, Cael laughed boisterously, folding his arms over his chest. Then loudly, he commanded them all.

β€œGo on, enjoy yourselves!”

Cheers roared through the group, and they dispersed. Asenath had looped his arms around both Kreig and Skye’s own, dragging them along to whatever ride he wished to attempt, with Kreig screaming bloody murder and the grimmest what-ifs into the night.

Cael watched the retreating backs of his underlings with a softness in his eyes. Then he turned to his brother, raising a brow.

β€œNot going?”

Raon shook his head. β€œI’ll go wherever you go.”

323 words.
kyum-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me