Summitfall Pride | Writing | DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Prompt A35 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:08 am

To the lions of the Summitfall Pride, the moon symbolizes one of their ‘deities’ of a sort: Inyango. He was one of the first lions of the world, and the mate of the legendary warrior Sekhmet. Inyango was a mighty hunter, and he hunted the world’s prey, capturing each and every creature for his own greed. Sekhmet was displeased with his behavior, and she gave him the neverending task of hunting the stars. Inyango was transformed into a starry lion and placed among the heavens. Even to this day he is still at work; when a lion sees a star burst into light and then disappear, that means that Inyango has made another catch.

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A36 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:08 am

The sun symbolizes Sekhmet, the legendary warrior lioness who conquered the world in her time. Sekhmet was a brave and courageous warrior, a lioness of true valor. She fought to protect the defenseless and weak, ridding the world of evil forces. She set the first pride leaders in their ranks, and organized the very first pride, the Pride of Homoak. She ruled the pride justly and mercifully until her time came to join her mate Inyango in the stars. Even now, whenever the sun rises, Summitfall Pride lions see it as Sekhmet renewing the grace and mercy of the world.

you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A29 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:22 am

When a lion roars, it usually signifies some sort of victory over darkness, whether that darkness might be another lion, some threat out in the territory, or even a natural disaster. Cubs usually practice their roar so they can use it when they triumph over one another in mock battles. Most older lions prefer not to roar, as it can be seen as boasting, but young lions roar whenever they get the chance.
However, if a roar is held out for a while, it signifies mourning or some loss. This is mostly used when a lion dies, and the whole pride roars in mourning, from the oldest elder to the youngest cub. Their roars are to help the dead lion make their way to the stars, where they will join Sekhmet and Inyango. Many lions practice their roars so they will be able to send off their loved ones when the time comes.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A28 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:55 am

The Summitfall Pride has a plethora of activities to do for fun. The cubs and younger lions enjoy tests of strength and skill the pride calls tournaments. Each lion is organized into one of three divisions: cubs, young warriors, and senior warriors. Each division has their own unique rules, though there are some core principles throughout the three.
Cubs are limited to wrestling only. The match ends when one of the cubs cries out, or submits to their opponent. Most cub matches only last a couple of minutes, though they can drag it out for a while.
Young warriors are allowed to grapple and nip, though they cannot use their claws. The point of the tournaments are to test one’s skill, not one’s ability to injure others.
Senior warriors are able to employ any tactic they would like to win their match. They can use their claws, though most lions prefer not to. They like to win honorably instead of resorting to cheap tricks to defeat their opponents.
Another thing Summitfall lions like is storytelling. Every evening, the pride gathers together in the camp and listens to the pride kawelo recount a legend or story of some past lion’s life. The cubs enjoy adventure stories like those of Azeho and Yemal, while older lions prefer more realistic tales, such as Sekhmet and Inyango.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt C17 | Summitfall Pride

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:10 am

The lead hunter is the one lion who is in charge of organizing hunting parties and making sure every pride member is well-fed. They lead at least two hunting parties per day, and usually wait until the other lions have taken from the kill to get their own meal. Lead hunters are also in charge of training young lions and making sure their trainers teach them all the skills necessary to hunt in the pride’s territory and provide for others.
Regular hunters are tasked with most of the hunting. They catch food for the pride and keep the borders marked. They are the lions who protect the pride as well. Hunters also train the newest hunters in hunting and fighting techniques, as well as pride law and lore. Trainers usually have casual relationships with their students, though some go on to be good friends later in life, and some can even end up mates.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A6 | Summitfall Pride | Writing | DNP

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:16 am

The pride doesn’t really believe in any deities or spiritual beings, but they do have some beliefs. They believe that the stories of dead lions should be passed on to teach the younger generations. If they aren’t, disastrous things can happen.
Some examples of these stories are legends of Sekhmet and Inyango and their battles against the Pride of Shadow. These are favorites of cubs especially. The younger lions of the pride love to hear about Sekhmet triumphing over Sinjavo.
Another cub favorite is Halcyone, a winged lioness from the Cirrus Pride who flew around the world. She was Sekhmet’s messenger, and she helped Sekhmet unite the first prides against the Pride of Shadow.
A scant few lions like to hear about Sinjavo, an evil manticore who led the Pride of Shadow, a pride of manticores who wanted to take over the world. He was defeated by Sekhmet, but elderly lions often warn misbehaving cubs that Sinjavo is going to get them if they don’t shape up.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A10 | Summitfall Pride | Writing | DNP

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:17 am

Summitfall Pride’s greatest strength is their loyalty. Every lion feels a deep sense of commitment to the pride and promises to protect the pride no matter what when they become full hunters or healers. Each lion knows that their first duty is to their pride alone, no matter who or what else needs them.
However, this leads to some problems, and prompts their weakness, apathy. Unfortunately, with the pride’s lions having loyalty instilled deeply in them, they often have a hard time supporting anyone or anything outside of the pride, even when it needs attention. This has led to difficulties in the past, and now the modern lions of the pride are working hard to get out of their moral gray area and assist those who need them.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A18 | Summitfall Pride | Writing | DNP

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:18 am

The Summitfall Pride has a special ritual for young lions when they have learned all they can in their chosen role and are ready to become full hunters/healers, which is usually after about twelve moons of training. At dusk, the whole pride gathers in their camp. As the sun sets, casting rays of light over the top of the cliff, the leader of the pride speaks a few words that have been used for generations: “It is time for <lion’s name> to join the ranks of the <hunters/healers>. They have taught him/her everything he/she needs to know to provide for the pride, and now <lion’s name> will prove that he/she is able to serve his/her pride with all his/her might.”
The youngling thanks each of the older lions in turn for what he/she has taught him/her, and then he/she leaves for the edge of the Akset Desert. The young lion must spend a full twenty-four hours in the desert, and at sunset of the following day, he/she will return to the pride’s camp a full hunter/healer. If he/she returns early for one reason or another, he/she must endure an extra three moons of training, then redo the ritual.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompt A20 | Summitfall Pride | Writing | DNP

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:19 am

The Summitfall Pride celebrates many traditions, but the most well-known one of these is the Northern Lights Celebration. In the middle of the winter, when the sky lights up with aurorae for a whole week, the lions of the pride celebrate the returning of the lights with dancing, stories, and competitions.

The pride holds special tournaments with prizes for the winners, usually first pick of the prey pile or extra feathers or moss to line his/her nest. Everyone competes, from a cub-mother to a kunze to the leader of the pride.

Another special ritual is the reenacting of the Battle of Triumph. Long ago, when darkness roamed the earth, the legendary warrior Sekhmet fought against Sinjavo, the leader of the Pride of Shadow, ghastly lions that had dark pelts and even darker hearts. Sinjavo wanted to take over the world, but Sekhmet wouldn’t let him, and there was one final battle that ended the Pride of Darkness forever. It also claimed Sekhmet’s life.

Now, with modern lions, the pride takes sides. The pride leader is usually stars as Sinjavo, while a young lioness is chosen from the trainees to be Sekhmet. Then the whole pride engages in a mock battle, and after a good bit of sparring, the other lions break apart and let the leader and the lioness have a final match without any distractions. The cubs love being able to engage in ‘battle’ with the rest of the pride, and the older lions enjoy pleasing Sekhmet with the ritual.
Last edited by Kitten-Girl-500 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxImage

Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Accidentally A Father | March Orphan Cub Prompt

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:01 am

Ichyr was not a settle-down-with-a-mate kind of guy. He was too busy protecting the pride to fall for some lioness; after all, he was in charge of the protection of the entire territory. Cubs would just be a distraction.

Or so he thought.

One night, as he padded along the border on a night patrol, he heard a cry. It was high-pitched and mewling; instantly Ichyr knew it was a cub.

Ichyr took off toward the noise, paws pounding over the earth. He had to do something.

As he rounded a bend, he saw a cub laying on the ground in the middle of a patch of grass. Its pelt was marred with scratches, and Ichyr could count all of its ribs beneath its mangy pelt.

“Ardha!” the cub yowled, trying to sit up. “Where are you!”

Ichyr nudged the cub with his nose. “What are you doing here? This is Summitfall Pride territory.”

But the cub didn’t seem to hear. It flopped back onto the grass and went on moaning “ardha” over and over while Ichyr tried to rouse it. As Ichyr nudged it again he could feel heat rising from its pelt. The poor little scrap was burning with fever, but it shivered in the cool night air.

Compassion swelled in his heart that had been hardened by countless battles. He couldn’t leave an innocent cub out here to die in his own territory. That would be barbaric, and he was far too noble a warrior to willingly drag himself down to that level.

Ichyr gently picked up the cub by the scruff, then broke into a full-out run. The little cub was growing weaker by the minute, who knew how much time it had left.

He burst into the camp, not caring about the racket he was making. He immediately veered toward the hoilaonas’ den, ducking inside. He set the cub down at his paws. “Tupelo! Carob!”

Tupelo roused from his nest, blinking sleepily. “What’s going on?”

Carob lifted his head and yawned, then immediately perked up at the sight of the cub. “What is that?”

“It’s a cub. I found it out near the glades,” Ichyr explained. “It’s feverish, and needs help.”

Tupelo hopped out of his nest and picked up the small cub, then set it down on a bed of moss right next to Carob. He turned around and started searching his herb stores for the right remedy.

Ichyr worked his paws on the dirt floor of the den. “You’ll help it, right?”

“Of course we will,” Carob assured him. He steered Ichyr toward the entrance with his tail. “Go get some rest. You have a lot to do in the morning.”

Ichyr begrudgingly headed to his nest in the kihanaos’ den and settled down. But his mind buzzed with the cub. He couldn’t get the little scrap out of his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ichyr stirred from his nest as the sun cast its first rays in to the camp. He stretched, then headed out, earlier tiredness forgotten. He needed to check on the cub.

A few lions were already up and at ‘em as he came out of his den. Sekhmet, Pebble’s mate, was talking with Ibis underneath an acacia. Ichyr could hear their quiet talk as he passed by.

“Have you heard about that cub? Tupelo said that Ichyr brought it in last night,” Sekhmet was saying.

Ibis shook her head. “Too many lost cubs these days. While I don’t regret finding Cowrie, I still wish that he could have stayed with his real family. Tanger and I try our best, but I get the feeling that he doesn’t feel as close to us as Slate and Sedono do.”

Sekhmet’s comforting mew was lost on Ichyr as he ducked into the shade of the hoilaonas’ den. “How’s it doing?”

“The cub? It’s doing really well,” Tupelo said from his position beside the cub’s nest. “It’s fever broke in the night, and it was able to have some water this morning.”

Ichyr sat down beside the cub while Tupelo went out to scope out the prey left over from the previous night’s hunts.

The cub stirred, then looked up at Ichyr and blinked.
He looked straight into the cub’s eyes. “Welcome to the Summitfall Pride, little one. From now on, I will be your father.”

720 words

xxImage