create a clan ✽ aspenclan archive

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

thirty-six ✽ 9/26/20

Postby røsebud » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:20 pm

──────────────────────→

Number of Cats: 38
19 | 18 | 1
Next Moonpool Visit: any time
Pebbles: 140
Prey Eaten: 7 servings – 2 squirrels, 1 bluebird
Mod: lyttlekytten
Mod Notes: Lineart with written descriptions is preferred for the images!

Please do not kill or fatally wound any cats with a star ✯ beside their name. The leader may lose lives, but no more than three at a time. Please target those with a white star ✩ in the case of death rolls. Injuries are fine for any cat.

────────────────────────────────────────

spooky scary skeleton

─────────────────────────

Medicine
        Poppypaw gathers herbs
        Cloverwish assists with Asterflame's kitting

Family
        Asterflame is having her [LL / BB / XOXo / aa / McMc / WsWs] and Laceleaf of Hazelclan's kits!
          Cloverwish stands by with raspberry leaves [x1]
        Rank changes
        Aspenclan welcomes Velvettuft from the Banana Split Raffle

Training
        Nanamipaw trains with Robinstar
        Crowpaw trains with Minkear

Patrols
        Brackenfang, Mackerelclaw and Komaru return to investigate the strange item buried in the dirt
        Flickershade, Killfang, Kiiro and Birdbrook hunt
        Swiftfern, Turtlecreek, Goosewing and Rosepaw hunt
        Driftwind and Velvettuft patrol the borders

9/27/20; lyttlekytten wrote:
Image Image Image Image

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
The current season is leaf-bare! That means it's very cold, and I can't say I'm enjoying it. The snow in some territories is quite beautiful and tempting to play in, though- maybe ask some of your friends to help you build a snowcat? Since it is so chilly, everyone is doing their best to stay inside, which means you'll catch less prey, as well as meet fewer new friends. It has become much easier for sickness to spread and queens will find that births are the most difficult in this season. Be cautious and make sure to stock up on healing herbs!
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

ᴀꜱᴘᴇɴᴄʟᴀɴ !! - røsebud
Hunting
✧ Flickershade's patrol caught x1 bluebird.
✧ Swiftfern's patrol caught x1 squirrel.
Patrolling
✧ Brackenfang's patrol digs up the strange item to find that it is a mostly eaten mouse covered in fox scent. However, because of the frost it's impossible to find where the scent came from. It's probably good for AspenClan to know that predators are near, but they may have to be more cautious...
✧ Driftwind and Velvettuft found x3 pebbles.
Herb Gathering
✧ Poppypaw found x1 catmint.
Training
✧ Nanamipaw successfully learned a skill this moon.
✧ Crowpaw did not learn a skill this moon.
Births
✧ Asterflame gave birth to two kits! Asterflame and the first kit are both healthy. The second kit is half deaf, but if it weren't for Cloverwish and the raspberry leaf the kit would have died. The first kit is a shorthaired dilute torbie molly with low white (LL, BB, XOXo, dd, Aa, McMc, Ccs, Wsw); the second kit is a shorthaired cream tom white low white (LL, BB, XOY, dd, aa, McMc, Ccs, Wsw). Both kits were colored by me.
Mod Notes
✧ i'm blind sorry ily
Last edited by røsebud on Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
    rose • she/her • student • passions include writing and oreos
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thirty-seven ✽ 10/12/20 (first on V.5)

Postby røsebud » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:45 am

──────────────────────→

Number of Cats: 39
19 | 19 | 1
Pebbles: 147
Prey Eaten: 7 servings – 2 bluebirds, 1 robin

Please do not kill or fatally wound any cats with a star ✯ beside their name. The leader may lose lives, but no more than three at a time. Please target those with a white star ✩ in the case of death rolls. Injuries are fine for any cat.

_____Rosepaw stood alone across from the nursery, watching bitterly as other cats filtered in and out to see Asterflame's new kit. Of course, two moons after Sweetpaw's death, she suddenly has a new kit. She probably wanted everyone to think it was a coincidence. Yeah, right. It was abhorrent, the way the queen thought she could simply replace Sweetpaw. Sweetpaw... The apprentice's stomach churned, but she ignored it, attributing the feeling to her disgust at her mother's actions.
      _____"It won't get any better," Tanglestep told her as he approached from the side. Rosepaw looked at him. He had yet to allow her back into his group, and though she tried to act nonchalant, her wide eyes betrayed her desperation for his approval. The deputy glanced down at the small molly. "As long as that kit is here, it will be a constant reminder of your mistake."
      _____Rosepaw grimaced as her eyes returned to the nursery. It was true. The mere thought of that kit made her feel ill. She swallowed. "So what do I do?"
      _____Tanglestep chuckled lowly, and apprehension seeped into the young cat's veins. "You know what to do, Rosepaw."
      _____She nodded slowly, almost imperceptibly. Of course. Already, she knew it had to come to this. "So when do I do it? And how? What if—"
      _____"Enough questions," Tanglestep said firmly. "That's up to you. After all, you're not doing this for me. This is what you want."
      _____For a moment, the apprentice hesitated, doubts whispering through her mind. But Tanglestep was right. He always was. That kit was an unceasing reminder of Sweetpaw, and it always would be unless she did something about it. She swallowed again and set her jaw. "Okay."

_____That night, after darkness had fallen over the clan, Rosepaw remained wide awake, mustering the courage for what she was about to do. Her mind was racing with fear, anticipation, doubts that she tried helplessly to quell. It's fine. It's fine. She shook her head. It wasn't. But it will be soon. She dragged herself to her paws and made her way to the entrance of the apprentice den, passing by Nanamipaw and Crowpaw, who were both curled up alone in their nests, and the three younger toms, all nestled together in a warm pile. Focus. She continued forward, stepping into the low light of a waning moon. Squinting slightly, she trained her eyes on the nursery. But every time her mind returned to her task, her thoughts became clouded with trepidation. Okay. Fine. She wasn't going to... do anything bad. She was just taking the kit outside. She was just walking to the nursery. Just moving forward. One step at a time. Nothing wrong with that. And so she walked, focusing only on the movement of her paws.
      _____As Rosepaw stopped at the nursery entrance, doubt flooded her mind again. There were so many queens inside... and so many kittens. What if someone saw her? Then again, cats had been going in and out of the den all day to see the newest arrival, so they were all probably exhausted. You're stalling. Rosepaw's brow furrowed as she held her breath and poked her head inside. Relief washed over her as she saw that all the queens were asleep. Cloudmask appeared to have stationed herself by the entrance, perhaps to keep watch, but it seemed that even she had succumbed to fatigue. Rosepaw squinted. Hardly any light had made its way into the nursery, so she had to rely on scent to find Asterflame. Fortunately, she would have recognized her mother anywhere. But even as that thought crossed her mind, she felt a surge of anger at the queen for betraying Sweetpaw. Tonight would fix that.
      _____With a newfound resolve, she made her way towards Asterflame, careful to avoid the kittens strewn about the floor. And then she saw him. A tiny kit, no more than a week or two old, sleeping soundly next to the queen. His pale coat was barely visible amid the darkness. Rosepaw's heart couldn't help but soften. She was looking at her newborn brother. No. Not her brother, she reminded herself. Her half-brother. Just a clanmate. Just some kit. Nothing more than that.
      _____Rosepaw frowned, relieved that these rationalizations were working, and yet concerned that she was making them at all. There was a reason she was so doubtful and hesitant... Maybe it wasn't good to ignore it. The apprentice shook her head, trying to quiet all her overlapping thoughts. She'd made up her mind already. There was no going back.
      _____She stepped forward to get to the kit, and felt her paw land on another's small tail. He squealed in pain and surprise, and Rosepaw reflexively hissed at him to be quiet.
      _____"That hurt!" he mewed indignantly.
      _____"Shh! You're fine," Rosepaw whispered, her heart racing as she glanced around the nursery. "Go back to sleep."
      _____"Who are you?" the little kit asked, standing on his hind legs to bat at the molly's shoulder. She flinched away before regaining her composure, not wanting to make any more clumsy mistakes.
      _____"It doesn't matter, okay? Just please, be quiet."
      _____"Okay," the kit whispered. After a brief pause of staring up at Rosepaw expectantly, he continued, "I'm Lionkit."
      _____Rosepaw narrowed her eyes, bewildered. "Good for you. Can you go back to sleep now?"
      _____"What are you doing?"
      _____"You wouldn't understand. It's a secret."
      _____"I'm good at secrets!"
      _____"When have you ever—okay, fine. Never mind," Rosepaw mumbled, growing more impatient by the second, and more worried that they would wake one of the queens. "...You're good at secrets?"
      _____"Yeah!" Rosepaw couldn't see much of him in the dim light, but she did make out his eyes widening in anticipation.
      _____"Time to prove it. You can't tell anyone else I was in here, okay?"
      _____"I won't tell! I'll be super silent!"
      _____Rosepaw suppressed the urge to shush him again. This miserable "conversation" would be over soon. "Promise?"
      _____The wide eyes moved up and down in a nod. "I promise."
      _____"Good," Rosepaw breathed. "Go back to sleep, now." To her relief, and some surprise, the kit did as he was told, curling up next to the queen who must have been his mother. She turned quickly to grab Asterflame's kit and exit the nursery, so eager to leave that her doubts had no time to catch up to her.
      _____The calico molly raced through the dark woods, stumbling over branches as she went. Each time she did, she glanced behind before picking up the pace. She only stopped once she reached the river. Her heart was pounding, and not just from the exertion. She set the kit down on the ground and stepped forward, contemplating the water. The river was quieter than it had been that day, more peaceful, but still deadly.
      _____"Rosepaw!"
      _____The molly turned on her heel at the sound of her sister's voice, only to find there was no one there. A glimpse of hope was drowned by a crashing wave of terror as she was brought back to that day. Ice seeped into her joints, locking her in place as she watched Ashbark drag Sweetpaw towards the river. Her own voice echoed in her head as she heard herself pleading helplessly for her sister's life. Even after she closed her eyes and the scene was shrouded in darkness, Sweetpaw's voice was still there, crying, shouting Rosepaw's name. And then, silence.
      _____Just like that, it was over. Once again, she was standing by the river with the kit, though her cheeks were wet with tears and her heart was pounding even harder than before. Her mind was swimming with a thousand thoughts. Each time she tried to grasp one, to figure out exactly how she was feeling, it escaped, slipped just beyond her reach. Rosepaw crouched down and stared at the ground, afraid to close her eyes in case she was brought back to that day again.
      _____The kit mewed, squinting in the bright sunlight. Rosepaw turned to him, all her disparate emotions coalescing and reconstructing into anger. This kit was helpless, innocent, everything that Sweetpaw once was. How could he dare to live when she was dead?
      _____Rosepaw stood up, her doubts and fear now dissolved into hatred. Hatred at Asterflame for replacing Sweetpaw, hatred at the kit for being the replacement—and beneath it all, hatred at herself for making it all happen. Less than gently, she took the kit by the scruff and brought it to the riverbank. The kit squirmed as she held it over the water, mewing in protest at the cold spray. But as her grip loosened, she found herself stepping back. So she tried again. She planted her feet beside the river and leaned forward. Yet as soon as she started to let go, she suddenly was holding on tighter. With a low groan of frustration, she set the kit down and began to pace back and forth. She had the drive, she had the resolve, so why was this so hard? With each attempt, she came just short of actually letting the kit go. Eventually, she came to the regrettable conclusion that she couldn't do it. Not again.
      _____"Having trouble?" Tanglestep asked. Rosepaw jumped, turning to face the deputy as he approached.
      _____She glanced toward the kit, embarrassed by her failure. "I can't," she admitted.
      _____"You can't?" Tanglestep repeated, his amber eyes narrowing.
      _____"I don't want to," Rosepaw corrected hastily.
      _____"You don't want to."
      _____"That's what I said," the apprentice snapped. For a moment, she felt the urge to apologize, but Tanglestep seemed surprisingly pleased with her response.
      _____"Right." Tanglestep looked at the kit before training his eyes on Rosepaw. His stare felt cold, piercing, menacing—but the young molly didn't know if that was because of him or her. "What if I told you that you had to kill this kit? Would you do it then?"
      _____Rosepaw blanched, scrambling for the resolve that had disappeared so quickly. Her mind again became crowded with conflicting thoughts, so full she felt it might burst. She didn't even know what Tanglestep was threatening her with—exile, or death? But really, it didn't matter. She was resigned to live with her guilt, but either of those outcomes was too daunting to even consider. She took a shaky breath and whispered, "Yes."
      _____The corners of Tanglestep's mouth twitched upwards in a rare smile. "Good." Rosepaw's chest tightened. Slowly, mechanically, she began to move toward the kit, weighed down by the reality of what she had promised. Her thoughts grew louder with each step, a civil war raging inside her head, until they drowned each other out, leaving behind a suffocating silence. She bent down to pick up the kit one last time.
      _____"Now, go and take it back to camp."
      _____Rosepaw turned to look at the deputy, her eyes widened slightly, but her expression otherwise unchanged. She knew she ought to feel relieved, but she didn't feel much of anything. "Really?" she asked, her words muffled by the kit's scruff. Tanglestep nodded.
      _____"Rosepaw," he called as she turned to go. She held her breath as she looked back at him. "Did anyone see you in the nursery?"
      _____Her mind flitted to Lionkit, but her eyes remained steadily on Tanglestep's face. "No."
      _____"Are you sure?" he persisted.
      _____Rosepaw raised her head. "I'm sure." The deputy watched her for a few long moments, analyzing her face, her tone, her body language, before apparently deciding that she was telling the truth. Even after he gave his approval and told her she was free to go, the apprentice didn't allow herself to relax, and for good reason.
      _____"One more thing," Tanglestep said. Rosepaw again turned to face him. "Welcome back to the group." Rosepaw nodded her thanks. She felt something close to happiness, but it was quickly swallowed by the overwhelming emptiness within her. With that, she walked back to camp, wondering all along if Tanglestep might call her name again.

_____Rosepaw returned to the nursery holding the kit by the scruff. Her hopes of an unnoticed return were extinguished when she saw Asterflame circling the interior of the nursery, muttering quietly to herself. The queen stopped in her tracks when she saw her daughter standing in the entrance. "Rosepaw?" she mewed, going to greet her when she saw the kit she carried with her. "Sunkit! You found him, thank Starclan," she sighed.
      _____"Yeah, he must have wandered off," Rosepaw mumbled after setting the kit down. Was he even old enough to walk?
      _____"Already? How many days has it been?" Asterflame wondered aloud, her eyes distant. She shook her head before picking up Sunkit and beginning to groom him, checking meticulously for any marks or injuries. "Well, I'm glad you finally came to meet him," she told Rosepaw earnestly. She gestured for the apprentice to come in, but she remained where she was, shifting uncomfortably. The queen glanced up, and her brow furrowed in concern. "Rosepaw, what's wrong?"
      _____"Nothing, I just—" Rosepaw tried briefly to come up with another lie, but kept returning to the truth. "It's just that whenever I look at him—" And then she wished that she had lied, because the truth was too painful to say out loud.
      _____"You see Sweetpaw," Asterflame said gently. Rosepaw met her mother's eyes for the first time since she returned to camp. Her gaze was warm, inviting, understanding—the apprentice couldn't bear to look again. "It's okay, baby. I understand," she said softly.
      _____Rosepaw shook her head, backing away. "I have to go," she muttered, walking hastily to the apprentice den without another word. Asterflame's eyes brimmed with tears as she watched her daughter run off. She sighed, blinking her tears away and casting a disdainful glance at the still-sleeping Cloudmask before returning her attention to Sunkit, grooming his bright coat as if to watch away all traces of danger.

Family
        Marblestripe [ Ll / BB / XoXo / AA / McMc / II ] is having her kits!
          Cloverwish stands by with borage [x1]
          the father is unknown
        Cloudmask tries for kits with Tanglestep
        Sootwhisker tries for kits with Richterscreech of Chessclan

Patrols
        Tanglestep, Killfang and Mackerelclaw patrol the borders
        Robinstar, Sandsight, Driftwind, Komaru and Goosewing hunt
        Flickershade, Kiiro, Birdbrook, Velvettuft and Lilyfrost hunt

Rank changes
        Asterflame sends Bambookit to live in Hazelclan while Sunkit stays in Aspenclan
        Finchkit and Sparrowkit are now 6 moons old and ready to be made apprentices!
          Finchpaw's mentor is Turtlecreek
          Sparrowpaw's mentor is Brackenfang
          Cloudmask stays in the nursery as a permanent queen
        Nanamipaw swims to Cricketleap's Island to take her warrior assessment
          if she succeeds, her name will be Nanamiwave
        Training
        Rosepaw trains with Birdbrook

11/4/20; lyttlekytten wrote:
Image Image Image Image

The current season is leaf-bare! That means it's very cold, and I can't say I'm enjoying it. The snow in some territories is quite beautiful and tempting to play in, though- maybe ask some of your friends to help you build a snowcat? Since it is so chilly, everyone is doing their best to stay inside, which means you'll catch less prey, as well as meet fewer new friends. It has become much easier for sickness to spread and queens will find that births are the most difficult in this season. Be cautious and make sure to stock up on healing herbs!

ᴀꜱᴘᴇɴᴄʟᴀɴ !! - røsebud
Hunting
✧ Robinstar's patrol caught x1 robin, x1 fish, and x1 bluebird.
✧ Flickershade's patrol caught x1 mouse and x1 squirrel.
Patrolling
✧ Tanglestep's patrol came across x2 pebbles and a kit who appears to be lost. They were colored by Kazin: "solid black shorthair with yellow eyes".
Training
✧ Rosepaw and Crowpaw successfully learned a skill this moon.
Assessments
✧ Nanamipaw passed her warrior assessment and is now known as Nanamiwave!
Trying For Kits
✧ Cloudmask is not expecting kits, but she can try again next moon.
✧ Sootwhisker is now pregnant! She is due in 2 moons.
Births
✧ Marblestripe gave birth to three healthy kits! They were colored by me. The descriptions of the kits are here. Cloverwish was able to put x1 borage back into the herb store.
Last edited by røsebud on Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:55 am, edited 8 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thirty-eight ✽ 7/13/21

Postby røsebud » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:09 pm

──────────────────────→

Number of Cats: 43
21 | 21 | 1
Pebbles: 154

_____Goosewing paused at the camp entrance as he returned from his patrol. He had been in Aspenclan for most of his life now. In that time, it had more than doubled in numbers. With a camp so full of life, it should have been impossible to feel alone... Right? Goosewing picked up a mouse and looked for a spot to eat, unaware of the pair of brown eyes watching with concern from across the camp. His shoulders slumped in resignation as walked back through the entrance.
      _____Poppypaw's brow furrowed. She mewed a quick goodbye to Cloverwish before following after the warrior to find him eating just outside the entrance.
      _____"Why are you here?" Goosewing asked without looking up.
      _____Poppypaw paused. "I just wanted to make sure you're doing okay. You've seemed pretty down lately. More so than usual." She waited briefly for a response that she soon realized wouldn't come. "I know you've been through a lot."
      _____"What do you know?" Goosewing asked skeptically, finally raising his head to meet Poppypaw's eyes. She recoiled slightly at his accusatory tone.
      _____"Well, I know that Sootpelt was your dad. I think everyone knows that by now," she began. Goosewing dropped his gaze and began picking at the mouse. "And, you know, everything with Pebblepaw..." The warrior tensed, digging his claws into the dirt. Poppypaw averted her eyes. She had a sneaking suspicion that she was making him feel worse. "I just can't believe Sootpelt never told me," she sighed as she sat down beside Goosewing. "I know we weren't super close or anything, but—"
      _____"Are you done yet?" the warrior snapped. The words came out harsher than he'd intended, and he tried to suppress the urge to apologize.
      _____Poppypaw's lips parted and closed several times as she tried to find the right words. "All I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry. And that I get it. I know it's not the same, but I basically grew up without a father, too."
      _____"What do you mean?" Goosewing asked, curious despite himself. "What about Tanglestep?"
      _____The young calico's fur bristled at the sound of the deputy's name. "If you think Tanglestep cares about anything but himself, I don't think I can help you."
      _____The older tom's brow furrowed. "I don't think that's true..." he murmured.
      _____Poppypaw nearly rolled her eyes, but stopped herself short. "Believe me," she said instead. "I know Tanglestep. He might not know I exist, but I'm well aware of him."
      _____Both cats were silent for a moment as Goosewing tried not to think too much about Poppypaw's words. Tanglestep was supposed to be the one thing he could rely on in Aspenclan, and now even that was being threatened. Maybe Poppypaw was wrong about her father. Perhaps she was nothing more than a cynical estranged daughter who didn't understand what the deputy was trying to achieve.
      _____"So are you gonna talk about what's been going on with you, or what?" Poppypaw asked finally. Goosewing hesitated.
      _____"I'm not even supposed to be talking to you now," the tom admitted, and this time, Poppypaw couldn't help but roll her eyes.
      _____"Did my dad tell you that?" she scoffed. Goosewing flushed and shrugged his shoulders, and Poppypaw's expression softened at his palpable embarrassment. Tanglestep really must have done a number on him. "Okay. That's fine. Don't talk to me, then. Talk to... that tree."
      _____Goosewing gave the apprentice a derisive glance as if to ask, Seriously? But the younger cat's eyes shone with sympathy, and it wasn't hard to see that all she wanted to do was help. Maybe this was worth a shot, the tom figured as he trained his eyes on one of the many trees standing before him. "I've never really felt at home... anywhere," he began. "I never even knew my mom, but at least as a kit, I had all my siblings with me. But then Pebblepaw and I left our other siblings to come here, and... I haven't seen them since." The warrior fell silent, but Poppypaw said nothing, knowing there was more to come. And sure enough, after a moment, he continued. "So we came to Aspenclan, and things were fine, for a little while. I mean, they were fine for me. I remember Aspenclan as a whole wasn't doing so well." Poppypaw nodded. Her earliest memories of the clan were tainted with fear as well. "But I had Pebblepaw and Shrikepaw. Until Shrikepaw died. You remember that." Again, Poppypaw nodded solemnly. Her first task as Sootpelt's apprentice was simple: bring Goosepaw some goatweed to help with his grief after Shrikepaw's death. And even that, she'd failed to do. That moment—her first failure—was seared into her memory, alongside Sootpelt's look of disappointment when she reported back to him. Though looking back, knowing what she did now, she started to wonder if it might not have been disappointment in her at all, but merely a father hurting for his son.
      _____"Then Pebblepaw died." The silence that followed was longer and felt somehow heavier than its predecessors. "After that, it was just me and Sootpelt... And then he left. And then I was alone."
      _____Poppypaw glanced toward the silver tabby, conflicted. She debated in her mind whether to remind Goosewing that she, too, had lost family in the exodus almost a year ago. Both of her sisters, and several of her cousins. She sometimes wondered where they were now, and if they still thought of her. She soon realized, however, that this wasn't the time. She didn't want Goosewing to think she was trying to out-tragic her, after all. And in any case, this was about Goosewing, not her. "So you feel like you don't really have a place in either clan," Poppypaw suggested.
      _____"Yeah," Goosewing agreed. "But there's more to it," he added hesitantly.
      _____"There is?"
      _____Goosewing's eyes darted around nervously. He could still hear voices from within the camp, and he couldn't be sure that they didn't hear him as well. "Could we go somewhere else?" he whispered. Poppypaw agreed, and the two went into the woods to find a quieter place to speak candidly. They soon found a spot that Goosewing deemed suitable and sat together again. But even then, the silver tabby was far from at ease, and he moved closer to the apprentice. "You won't tell anyone?"
      _____"Of course not," Poppypaw assured him. "I promise."
      _____"Okay," the warrior breathed. Poppypaw could hardly hear him and leaned in. Whatever this secret was, it was clearly not easy to say, and she wouldn't want to make him repeat himself. "I have a family. Of my own. I have a mate, and a daughter." Goosewing finally blurted. Poppypaw's eyes couldn't help but widen slightly. Whatever she'd been expecting, it wasn't that.
      _____"That's..." The young calico wasn't sure quite how to respond. This sounded like good news, but under the circumstances, maybe it wasn't to be treated as such. All she could think to say was, "Congratulations."
      _____Goosewing's face broke into a smile, and Poppypaw's heart leapt at the rare expression of joy. "Thank you," he purred.
      _____"Don't stop there! How did you meet?" she asked, her head tilting slightly as her tail curled around her paws.
      _____"At the gathering, several moons ago," Goosewing answered. His eyes twinkled at the pleasant memory of that fateful day. Poppypaw smiled too, thinking of Sloeberry. It seemed that gathering had been an eventful one for both of them. "Her name's Snowynight. She's wonderful."
      _____"What's your daughter's name?"
      _____"Ebonykit—actually, Ebonypaw, by now."
      _____"That's a beautiful name," Poppypaw mewed. She then waited for him to say more, but the words never came. This shouldn't have come as a surprise. Goosewing was never a very verbose speaker. "Well, I'm really happy for you."
      _____"Thank you," he said again. "And not just for that," he added. "Thank you for listening. I don't really have anyone to talk to..."
      _____"You do now," Poppypaw mewed with a light smile.
      _____Goosewing found himself unexpectedly blinking back tears. All those moons of loneliness had been exhausting, and now that he'd found someone willing to listen to him without pretense or expectations, he wasn't quite sure how to react. Before Poppypaw could ask what was wrong, he surprised them both by pulling her into a hug. "Thank you," he repeated once again, evidently at a loss for words.
      _____"Anytime," Poppypaw purred.
      _____"I should get back to camp," Goosewing said finally. "As should you. I bet Cloverwish is wondering where you ran off to."
      _____"You think so?" Poppypaw asked.
      _____When she did go back to camp, she returned to the medicine den, where Cloverwish was reorganizing his herbs.
      _____"Hey," he greeted as he saw her in the entrance.
      _____"Hi."
      _____There was a pause as the medicine cat waited expectantly for his apprentice to explain her absence. "So? Where have you been?" he asked eventually.
      _____"It was nothing. I just went out."
      _____Cloverwish frowned very slightly. "What's up? You're acting all secretive."
      _____"Am I?"
      _____"Yeah. You are," the tom insisted. "What's going on?"
      _____"I told you, it was nothing," Poppypaw said firmly. Cloverwish was unconvinced but relented anyway. "Can I ask you something?"
      _____If Cloverwish was surprised by the sudden change of subject, he didn't show it. "Of course."
      _____"How do you help cats who are, like, going through stuff? You know, like in their personal lives?"
      _____"I don't."
      _____"What?" Poppypaw was taken aback. "What do you mean?"
      _____"I don't mean that I don't care, I'm just saying it's not my place. If they want to talk, I'll listen, but usually I'll try not to get involved. Sometimes I'll prescribe an herb to help, like I did with Driftwind, but I try to let others work through personal matters themselves."
      _____"I guess that makes sense," Poppypaw murmured, though a part of her believed maybe she could do better.
      _____"Why, are you going through something?" Cloverwish asked.
      _____"No," the apprentice quickly assured him. "At least, nothing new." Her mentor nodded and gave a grim smile. "But what about cats with illnesses that aren't physical?"
      _____The medicine cat's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?"
      _____"Like Sootpelt. He would always be so nervous around other cats. Even me, and I was just a kit. Cloverwish, you should've seen him in the days leading up to a gathering. It was so hard on him. I always wondered if anything could be done to help. I don't think goatweed or thyme alone could have fixed him."
      _____Cloverwish was silent for a long moment, deep in thought. "I don't think you know what you're talking about."
      _____"Maybe I'm in over my head," Poppypaw agreed, though her eyes shone with hope. "But I think I might be onto something here."
      _____Her mentor shrugged but smiled despite himself. "Yeah, maybe. Good luck with...whatever you're trying to do."
      _____"I'll take it," she said with a grin.

_____Minkear paced around the camp, growing more anxious by the minute. He popped into the warriors' den again and received the same mildly annoyed looks from the same warriors who were inside the last five times he checked. "Are you looking for something?" Sandsight asked as Flickershade's tail tip flicked impatiently.
      _____"No," Minkear said quickly. "Well, not something." He turned to Swiftfern, who was eyeing him with sympathetic concern. "Have you seen Birdbrook?"
      _____"No." Swiftfern's brow furrowed slightly, as if unsure whether to be worried.
      _____"I'm sure she's fine," Sandsight tried to assure them both. "She probably just wants some alone time."
      _____"Yeah, probably," Minkear murmured, though he was hardly convinced. He knew Birdbrook pretty well, and he knew she didn't like much alone time at all.
      _____Swiftfern stood up. "I could help look for her," she offered. The younger warrior hesitated.
      _____"That's okay," he said eventually as he turned to go.
      _____"Well, I'll let you know if she shows up here."
      _____Minkear nodded before leaving the den. He glanced around the camp one last time before venturing into the woods. He spent the afternoon walking through the vast forest, occasionally returning to check in with Swiftfern, who had positioned herself by the camp entrance. Even Minkear found this a little excessive, but Swiftfern appeared unwilling to let anyone else worry more about her daughter than her. As Minkear wandered the territory, he was well aware that there was one area in particular he'd been avoiding. He took a deep breath and braced himself as he made his way toward the river. He stopped in his tracks several times as the sound of rushing water grew louder, but each time managed to set aside his nerves and go on. And sure enough, sitting beside the river, staring into its depths is where he found Birdbrook.
      _____He called her name and she raised her head, surprised to see him at the river, of all places. "What are you doing here?"
      _____"Thought I'd go for a swim," he said with a light smile. Birdbrook looked down, her expression unmoving. "Sorry. Um, I was looking for you."
      _____"You were?"
      _____"Yeah, I've been trying to find you all day." Minkear said it as if it were the most natural thing in the world. And it was, for him.
      _____"Oh." Birdbrook was touched, and didn't bother trying to hide it. "Here I am," she said with a shrug. "I'm sorry. I thought I just needed to be alone." Maybe Sandsight was right after all.
      _____ Minkear steeled his nerves and went to sit beside her. He flinched as river water sprayed up and splashed them both, but Birdbrook didn't react at all. "And how's that been going?"
      _____"Bad," she admitted ruefully. Or maybe not. The distant look returned to her eyes as she gazed into the water. “Do you think this is where it happened?” Minkear’s brow furrowed in confusion. “The patrol said he’d drowned. I wonder how he really died.” A chill ran down the tom’s spine as he realized Birdbrook was referring to the death of her father.
      _____"Do you wanna talk about it?" he offered gently.
      _____“I never even got to say goodbye. My mom used to sneak out to talk to him. I never got that chance. I’ve never had anyone to talk to.”
      _____“Why not talk to your mom? She went through the same thing, right?”
      _____“Yeah, that’s why I could never talk to her. She was going through her own thing. She still is. I’ve always had to be there for her. She doesn’t need to know I’m hurting too.”
      _____Minkear’s gaze fell. Truthfully, he always thought Birdbrook had handled Brambletooth’s exile and death rather well—at least, as well as one could handle such a thing. He hadn’t even considered the full extent of the molly’s pain. “I’m sorry I haven’t been there for you,” he said earnestly. “I should have known. But please know that you can always talk to me.”
      _____Birdbrook shook her head. “You don’t want to listen to me rambling—”
      _____“I do,” Minkear objected. “You don’t have to act strong for me. No matter what, I’ll always be here for you. You are not alone.”
      _____Birdbrook's eyes brimmed with tears. "I just..." she sighed. "I keep wishing I could hear his voice again, knowing that I never will."
      _____Minkear's heart ached—for Birdbrook, for Brambletooth, and for his own inability to fix the past. "He had so much left to say," the tom murmured, a rare trace of anger stirring among his sadness. "I guess all we can do is hold on to his memory. Keep it alive, and try to find some way to tell his story."
      _____Birdbrook gazed at him thoughtfully. "I guess so," she mewed. She tried to speak but again became overwhelmed with emotion. Minkear said nothing, only nodding encouragingly for her to continue. "I just miss him so much," she said, her voice cracking.
      _____"I know. I'm so sorry, Birdbrook," Minkear said. "Is there anything I can do?"
      _____Birdbrook rested her head on his shoulder, and Minkear ignored the flutter in his chest. Not the time. "You've already done more than enough," she whispered.
      _____"I wish there was something I could say—"
      _____"You're here. That's all I need to know." The river water splashed up again, and this time they both flinched at the cold spray.
      _____"Are you ready to go back home?" Minkear asked carefully.
      _____"Not yet," Birdbrook admitted, which Minkear quickly assured her was fine. "But I'm ready to get away from here," she said, nodding towards the churning river.
      _____"Thank Starclan," the tom breathed lightly. His friend's melancholy gaze lingered on the water for a moment before returning to him. "Are you okay?"
      _____Birdbrook paused. Okay was such a strong word. "I'm better," she said truthfully. Minkear smiled.

General
        Aspenclan consumes 8 servings – 2 fish, 1 squirrel, 2 mice

Family
        Cloudmask tries for kits with Tanglestep

Medicine
        Cloverwish and Poppypaw gather herbs

Patrols
        Minkear and Birdbrook hunt
        Tanglestep, Flickershade, Brackenfang, Driftwind, Komaru and Rosepaw hunt
        Sandsight, Mackerelclaw, Kiiro, Velvettuft, Lilyfrost and Crowpaw hunt
        Robinstar, Swiftfern and Asterflame patrol the borders

Training
        Kiiro trains Crowpaw in hunting
        Cloverwish trains Poppypaw in prophecy interpretation

7/24/21; [kat] wrote:
Image Image Image Image

The current season is newleaf! The leaves are adorned with fresh dew and the sun beams gently onto the earth. Because the weather outside is so lovely, lots of cats are going out to enjoy it, and they might just need a new Clan to settle down in. Births are going smoothly and the hunting patrols are bringing back more food for the Clan to enjoy. Go out and catch some butterflies!

ᴀꜱᴘᴇɴᴄʟᴀɴ !! - røsebud
Patrolling
✧ Robinstar took a short fall and sprained her paw. With the assistance of a friendly warrior-aged stranger, she and the rest of the patrol returned home early. She will need 1 moon of rest to recover. The stranger is a lilac mackerel sepia lynx with amber eyes, colored by Kazin.
Hunting
✧ Minkear and Birdbrook caught x1 fish.
✧ Tanglestep's patrol caught x1 bluebird.
✧ Sandsight's patrol caught x3 squirrels.
Herb Gathering
✧ Cloverwish and Poppypaw gathered x1 celandine, x1 sweet-sedge, x1 burdock, and x1 blackberry leaves.
Training
✧ Crowpaw successfully learned a skill this moon.
Trying for Kits
✧ Cloudmask is expecting kits! She is due in 2 moons.
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

thirty-nine ✽ 10/4/21

Postby røsebud » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:18 am

──────────────────────→_____

Number of Cats: 44
21 | 22 | 1
Next Moonpool Request: 2 moons
Pebbles: 159
Mod: [kat]

_____The warrior waited, still as the tree in which she sat, though her flicking tail and eager eyes betrayed her anticipation. Leaves rustled beneath her, and her ears pricked toward the lithe tom limping through the forest. He sniffed curiously and swung his head around.
      _____"Hey, genius," the warrior called. Tanglestep jumped just slightly, a scowl spreading across his already-sullen face.
      _____"Killfang," he greeted curtly. Killfang leapt from the branch to land beside him with a smug grin—one that Tanglestep saw as entirely unwarranted.
      _____"So, are you gonna tell me why I'm here?"
      _____"You know the history of this clan, correct?"
      _____Killfang narrowed her eyes, not trying to hide her irritation at Tanglestep disregarding her question. "I know you killed all those other cats, yeah."
      _____Right away, Tanglestep unsheathed his claws and took a step forward. "How dare you accuse me of—"
      _____"Calm down," Killfang interrupted. "How dumb do you think I am?" Tanglestep stayed put, but fell silent. "This all started a long time ago, right? Once upon a time there was a little molly who wanted to be a warrior, so you and her went to that island together, and then somehow Brambletooth kills her? Even though he was here, and it was just you and Cricketpaw on the island? Am I missing something?"
      _____Tanglestep shrugged. He hadn't realized how it sounded out loud. "Well, it wasn't just me and her on the island. That other cat was there—the medicine cat apprentice."
      _____"Right. Then Brambletooth killed him a month later."
      _____"That's correct." Tanglestep cleared his throat as Killfang rolled her eyes. "And Brambletooth poisoned Robinstar."
      _____"But there are quite a few cats here who seem to believe he was innocent," Killfang said, not missing a beat. "They think he was framed. It's not a bad theory."
      _____"Who have you been talking to?" Tanglestep hissed.
      _____The ginger tabby smiled. "I don't talk to anyone. They just talk. I guess they don't realize that I listen."
      _____Tanglestep paused, planning his next moves carefully. This wouldn't be an easy kill. She would put up a fight for sure. He'd never admit it, but he was somewhat nervous. Almost all of his previous kills were apprentices, so this would be a challenge.
      _____Killfang glanced at the deputy's claws. "What I'm saying is, I want in." Tanglestep blinked, slightly taken aback. "I mean, that's why we're meeting here, right? Now you don't have to make up some ridiculous reason for whatever you want me to do."
      _____"Right... How do I know I can trust you?"
      _____"Do you know why I'm here?" Killfang borrowed Tanglestep's tactic of answering one question with another.
      _____"Here, in Aspenclan?" Tanglestep faltered. He had a habit of not listening when cats talked about themselves, but the way he saw it, it was annoying and he was right not to.
      _____Killfang rolled her eyes again, but the truth was that she'd yet to tell anyone in Aspenclan about her past. "I'm here because I was banished from Keyclan for killing two cats. A warrior and a kit."
      _____The deputy nodded. "Okay, good.” Killfang grinned. “So the problem is Robinstar. She has too many lives and too much courage."
      _____"Courage? Robinstar?" Killfang scoffed. "That cat's afraid of her own tail!"
      _____"First of all, don't interrupt me," Tanglestep said sternly. "Second, true as that may be, it's been quiet for too long, and I think Robinstar may have started to suspect me. I can't risk her getting too comfortable, or she may learn to stand up for herself, which is the last thing I need. I was going to have you kill her directly, but that has a high risk of getting caught, and I'd prefer you stay a little longer. I think you could be a valuable asset."
      _____"Thank you."
      _____"What did I say about interrupting?" Tanglestep snapped. "We'll need some help, but we're going to let nature get her instead. And I know exactly how to do it. She's already weakened by her injury. We just need to wait until the time is right." He glanced up at the overcast sky as a cold wind whistled past him. "It shouldn't be long at all. Listen carefully."

_____Robinstar opened her eyes wearily, wincing at the now-familiar ache in her paw. But as she awoke, she quickly realized that something was off. There in her den was a dead squirrel, innocuous to anyone else, but a threat to Robinstar. She tried to convince herself that it was just a squirrel, just a harmless bit of prey—but someone had been in her den, someone who knew how to get to her, who wanted to kill her. She scrambled to her feet, her heart pounding. Outside, a blizzard raged, but she couldn't stay in her den a moment longer and stumbled outside. The cold surrounded her immediately, and she felt she might suffocate, but choking on the ice-cold air was better than staying inside. As she tried to get her footing despite the wind, she heard a whispered voice from above:
      _____"Beware the twisted warrior, or death will take over the clan."
      _____Every muscle in Robinstar's body tensed at the familiar words of the first prophecy. Death had taken over the clan, it seemed, and she was powerless to stop it. If she didn't get out now, she knew she would be its next victim.
      _____So she ran. Her sprained paw howled with pain, and her other paws kept sinking into the fresh snow, but it was better than staying put. As she weaved through the thin trunks of the aspen trees she was suddenly reminded of the day she arrived. The sunlight streaming past the branches. The soft leaves beneath her paws. The clearing, untouched except by nature. Her eyes brimmed with tears as she remembered the promises she made—to herself, to Starclan... to Aspenfur. Where, she wondered, had it all gone wrong? She was never supposed to be the leader. Not right away, at least. That role was supposed to go to Aspenfur, and they were supposed to found the clan together, working side by side to make it the largest, most powerful clan in the forest. She never would have done this if she knew she'd be alone. She wasn't fit to be a leader. She was merely a charlatan, playing a role for which she was entirely unsuited.
      _____Robinstar's paws slipped beneath her, and she came crashing down on the ice. With a start, she realized she had long since left the cover of the forest and was now atop the frozen lake, several tail-lengths past the shore. Slowly and carefully, she got to her feet and started to make her way toward solid ground when she saw movement in the woods. From such a distance, Robinstar could barely make out the image of a tall, dark cat emerging from the forest. Tanglestep. In that moment, all her doubts and insecurities melted away, leaving a singular fear. All that mattered was getting as far away from Tanglestep as possible.
      _____Her paws scrambled as she turned on her heel, claws scratching at the surface of the ice. Without thinking, she began running toward the center of the lake, the ice growing thinner beneath her feet. She soon realized her mistake as she heard a low crack, just before the ice broke, plunging her into the frigid water.

_____Robinstar awoke sometime later, chilled to the bone but safe on the shore. All she remembered was flailing, panic-stricken in the water, but somehow she must have rescued herself. Still, she could tell that she had lost lives, and seeing as the blizzard showed no signs of slowing, she'd likely lose more if she didn't get somewhere warm soon. It was true that she had never intended on founding a clan on her own, but now that she had, she knew she couldn't just give up. Besides, she realized, she wasn't entirely alone. She had Swiftfern and Birdbrook on her side. And Cloverwish and Poppypaw had promised to help her too. And... four cats wasn't bad, she supposed.
      _____Slowly, she pushed herself to her feet, wavering on her three good paws. One step at a time, she made her way back towards camp, shivering all the while. She was the leader, she reminded herself. And while she couldn't blame any other cat for the prophecy, she had seen Tanglestep in the woods, and who else would have put that squirrel in her den? He was trying to scare her—and to be fair, it had worked—but he had gone unchecked for too long. Finally, Robinstar decided, she would exile him.
      _____It felt like hours had passed by the time she reached camp, dragging herself past the medicine den to confront Tanglestep. She stood in the entryway of the warriors' den and was greeted by the warmth of dozens of bodies huddled together. Walnutbranch had been brought in from the lonely elders' den for the time being. Some of the younger warriors were sleeping nestled next to one another while Kiiro groomed a shivering Komaru. Upon seeing the leader, Tanglestep leapt to his feet and made his way through the small crowd to greet her. She pulled away, and his brow furrowed in concern. Fake concern, she reminded herself.
      _____"Robinstar, thank Starclan you're here. I sent patrols out to look for you—Brackenfang, would you go and fetch Mackerelclaw and Killfang?"
      _____Robinstar stepped inside, allowing Brackenfang to rush past her. The warmth of the den was so alluring, and she was tempted to just lay down right there, but she couldn't forget what she had to do. "Tanglestep..." she murmured, barely audible. Swiftfern sat up, her eyes darting between the two cats. Robinstar cleared her throat and tried desperately to focus her eyes on the face in front of her. "Tanglestep, you're exiled." Those who had been asleep woke promptly as exclamations of shock and confusion filled the den, but the deputy himself was surprisingly calm.
      _____"You're not thinking clearly, Robinstar. Where is this coming from?" he asked firmly.
      _____She shook her head. "I saw you out there. You... you followed me. Chased me onto the lake." Swiftfern frowned.
      _____"The lake?" Tanglestep repeated. "Robinstar, I've been here the whole time."
      _____Robinstar shook her head again and looked to Swiftfern to prove him wrong. Instead, the warrior nodded hesitantly. "It's true... he hasn't left the den."
      _____"...He hasn't?" Robinstar closed her eyes, her mind spinning with frantic thoughts. "But I saw him."
      _____Tanglestep moved closer, and this time the leader didn't flinch away. "Are you feeling okay? You were out there a long time. Did you lose lives?" Robinstar nodded faintly, her eyes unfocused. "Here, let me take you to Cloverwish."
      _____"No," Swiftfern interjected, stepping in front of the deputy. "You're not going anywhere with her."
      _____"Let him be, Swiftfern," Robinstar mumbled.
      _____"But—"
      _____"She said to drop it," Tanglestep hissed. "You wouldn't betray your leader, would you?" Swiftfern scowled and turned to Robinstar, trying to meet her eye, but the leader stared down at the dirt beneath her paws. "Come on, Robinstar," the deputy said, shoving past Swiftfern to lead Robinstar outside. The wind nearly knocked the leader over, and she found herself leaning on Tanglestep for support as they made their way across the camp to the medicine den.
      _____Meanwhile, Swiftfern reluctantly sat back down, acutely aware that all eyes in the den were on her—and many of them were hostile. They seemed to hardly even notice when Mackerelclaw stepped inside, shaking the snow from his coat. Swiftfern shifted under the pressing weight of attention and was grateful when hushed whispers broke the silence, even though she suspected they were about her.
      _____"What was all that?" Lilyfrost murmured to Nanamiwave, bewildered.
      _____Her friend merely shrugged and admitted she didn't know. "But apparently Swiftfern's had it out for Tanglestep since forever ago."
      _____Mackerelclaw's ears flicked towards them, and he leaned in closer. "You know why, right?" Both mollies shook their heads. "She was Brambletooth's mate."
      _____"Brambletooth?"
      _____"The deputy before Tanglestep. Exiled for feeding Robinstar a poisoned squirrel. Tried to pin it on Tanglestep, but he was a terrible liar; everyone saw right through it. Everyone except..." He nodded unsubtly toward Swiftfern, who greeted him with a scowl laced with self-consciousness. "Apparently," Mackerelclaw continued, "she was a rogue before joining Aspenclan. Robinstar wanted to give her a chance... we've seen how that turned out." The younger warriors nodded solemnly. "Honestly, though, I just feel bad for her kit." The three of them glanced toward Birdbrook, who was in the midst of her own hushed conversation with Minkear. "It can't have been easy to grow up with parents like that."
      _____"She seems pretty well-adjusted, at least. You know, considering everything," Nanami remarked.
      _____Across the den, Komaru followed her daughter's line of sight to Birdbrook, and her eyes narrowed. She made her way over, nodding a quick hello to Mackerelclaw. "Nanami, listen. I need you to stay away from that molly, okay?"
      _____"Mom, I know," Nanamiwave sighed.
      _____"I told her and Lilyfrost about Swiftfern's... history," Mackerelclaw informed Komaru. She nodded her approval.
      _____Nanami frowned. "And I'm a grown adult who can make my own decisions," she asserted. "But thanks for telling us, Mackerelclaw," she added upon seeing her mother's stern expression.
      _____"Of course," he said. "We all have a right to know the truth about our clanmates." Lilyfrost nodded and thanked him quietly.
      _____Swiftfern peered around the den once more, unable to shake the suspicion that some of her clanmates were conspiring against her. Maybe Robinstar's paranoia was rubbing off on her, but there was no doubt that Tanglestep hated her, and it seemed likely enough that he had built up some kind of following. There wasn't much she could do, but she resented the thought of sitting and waiting for the trouble in Aspenclan to fester. Unfortunately, it seemed that was her only option.

General
        Aspenclan consumes 8 servings – 1 robin, 2 squirrels, 1 bluebird
        Robinstar loses two lives: one from drowning in the lake, one from hypothermia afterwards

Medicine
        Robinstar rests for 1 moon

Patrols
        Dustleaf and Swiftfern patrol the borders
        Flickershade, Komaru, and Velvettuft hunt
        Sandsight, Driftwind, Mackerelclaw and Goosewing hunt
        Tanglestep, Killfang, Lilyfrost and Nanamiwave hunt

Request
        A sepia point warrior (any color)

Training
        Poppypaw trains with Cloverwish
        Rosepaw trains with Birdbrook
        Pipitpaw trains with Kiiro
        Finchpaw trains with Turtlecreek
        Sparrowpaw trains with Brackenfang

10/8/21; [kat] wrote:
Image Image Image Image

ᴀꜱᴘᴇɴᴄʟᴀɴ !! - røsebud
Patrolling
✧ Dustleaf and Swiftfern found x1 pebbles.
Hunting
✧ Flickershade's patrol caught x1 mouse.
✧ Sandsight's patrol returned home empty-pawed...
✧ Tanglestep's patrol caught x2 squirrels.
Herb Gathering
✧ Cloverwish and Poppypaw gathered x1 dried oak leaves.
Trying for Kits
✧ None.
Births
✧ None.
Training
✧ All apprentices successfully learned a skill this moon except for Poppypaw and Crowpaw.
Assessments
✧ None.
Request
✧ The requested sepia point cat is currently being worked on by ponz!
Mod Notes
✧ None.
Last edited by røsebud on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

forty ✽ 1/15/22

Postby røsebud » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:52 am

──────────────────────→_____

Number of Cats: 45
22 | 22 | 1
Next Moonpool Request: 1 moon
Pebbles: 164

Please do not kill or fatally wound any cats with a star ✯ beside their name. The leader may lose lives, but no more than two at a time. Please target those with a white star ✩ in the case of death rolls. Injuries are fine for any cat.

_____Tanglestep stood in the entrance to Robinstar's den, casting a dark shadow over its interior. Inside, the leader was curled up in her nest, though her eyes were wide open, staring blankly at nothing in particular.
      _____"Robinstar," the deputy said after a moment. The leader unsheathed her claws, startled, as she whipped her head around to face him. "It's just me."
      _____Robinstar's gaze fell, and she began picking at her nest. "Is it?" she wondered aloud.
      _____Tanglestep had to suppress a smile at the sight of the leader so broken down. All things considered, it had been fairly easy to get Robinstar back to this level. All it took was Killfang sneaking a squirrel into the leader's den, then hiding on its roof and whispering a few simple words; then Komaru just needed to emerge from the woods at the right time. In her panic and with the falling snow obscuring her vision, Robinstar would have believed any tall, dark tabby to be Tanglestep. It was a remarkably simple plan, which only made its effectiveness all the more gratifying.
      _____"Jasperlight's kits are ready to be made apprentices," he told her. "Do you have mentors chosen for them?" As expected, Robinstar shook her head, guilt crossing over her face. "I understand. You've been through a lot lately," Tanglestep said softly. "If you'd like, I could run the ceremony for you."
      _____Robinstar looked up at him through narrowed eyes. Just a moon ago, she had been so sure that Tanglestep was the one terrorizing her and Aspenclan. Now as she tried to recall what led to this conviction, she found herself falling short. She wasn't sure of anything anymore. She nodded distantly and thanked Tanglestep for the favor, trying to ignore the gripping feeling that she was betraying her clan by doing so.

_____"Hey, Rosepaw!"
      _____Rosepaw turned on her heel to see a small red tom bounding toward her. With a start, she realized it was the kit whose tail she'd stepped on in the nursery. "Be quiet!" she hissed, looking around to see if Tanglestep was watching. Thankfully, she didn't see him. But that didn't mean he wasn't there. "How do you know my name, anyway?"
      _____"Asterflame told us!" Lionkit said with a wide grin. "Good thing you found Sunkit. She was super scared." Rosepaw felt her stomach clench at the mention of Sunkit, and she hushed Lionkit again.
      _____"It's okay, I didn't tell anyone about our secret," he told her, though it hardly soothed her unease. "Is it true that you're Sunkit's sister?"
      _____Rosepaw closed her eyes, wincing at a sudden headache. "I— Sort of. He's my half-brother." She looked around, and though she didn't see him, she could have sworn she felt Tanglestep's cold glare on her back. "Listen, I can't talk right now," she told the kit in a hushed whisper.
      _____"Fine," Lionkit said with a frown that didn't last long. "Soon I'm gonna be an apprentice too. We can talk then!" Rosepaw said nothing, pursing her lips as he ran to join his siblings in the nursery.
      _____"He seems friendly." Rosepaw turned on her heel to see Tanglestep approaching her from behind. She couldn't help but flinch at the icy disfavor in his eyes. "Is he like that with everyone, or have the two of you met before?" The apprentice looked down, unable to face his reproach. "I don't appreciate being lied to," he said, a low growl in his voice.
      _____"I'm sorry," Rosepaw said honestly.
      _____Tanglestep nodded slowly. "I accept. But it will not happen again." Rosepaw closed her eyes, relieved, though the guilt at disappointing Tanglestep was still unbearable. Soon, however, her guilt shifted, sharpened into anger without a target. It wandered briefly before settling on Lionkit. This was his fault. If he hadn't come up to talk to her, Tanglestep wouldn't have known that she lied, and neither of them would be in trouble. Now Tanglestep was mad at her, and surely had something in mind for Lionkit, all because of him. Rosepaw raised her head to cast a bitter scowl toward the nursery. Tanglestep noticed the change in her demeanor, and his eyes glinted with pride. "Now, I have a ceremony to run," he said coolly. He began to pad away, but turned back after a moment. "And Rosepaw?" She nodded expectantly. "Don't worry about what happened with the kit at the river." She made no response, knowing there must be more to come. "You'll get there." Tanglestep gave an eerily reassuring smile before continuing to the Half-Fallen Tree.
      _____The deputy leapt onto the tree's trunk and called the clan forward. "It is with great regret that I announce that due to Robinstar's current state, she is unable to hold a ceremony at this time. However, this should not come at the expense of our clan's kits, as they deserve to become apprentices as usual. Therefore, Robinstar and I agree that it is in Aspenclan's best interest that I run the ceremony in her place." Throughout the camp, warriors exchanged looks of either concern or triumph. Rosepaw watched with veiled interest as the ceremony continued, recognizing each of the new mentors as members of Tanglestep's inner circle. Despite her decided anger at the young cat, she couldn't help but feel a twinge of anxiety when Tanglestep named himself Lionpaw's mentor.
      _____Following the ceremony, Lionpaw took a moment to share his pride with his mother and siblings, relishing the congratulations from his clanmates. Once the initial excitement started to die down, he made his way to his new den, smiling brightly when he saw that Rosepaw was there as well. "Isn't it cool?" he chirped. "We're both apprentices now! And did you hear? The deputy's my mentor!" His smile faltered when Rosepaw greeted him with only a cold stare.
      _____"We're not friends," she said bluntly.
      _____Lionpaw frowned and shuffled his paws as the older apprentice walked towards him. "I just thought—"
      _____"You shouldn't have been talking to me earlier," Rosepaw whispered, glancing at the other apprentices in the den. "I don't even want you talking about our secret, okay? Just leave me alone," she muttered. Lionpaw stepped to the side and watched, bewildered, as she left the den.
      _____Once outside, Rosepaw went straight to Birdbrook. She was in the middle of a quiet conversation with Velvettuft and Cherrysnap, but gave her apprentice a polite smile as she approached. "Hi, Rosepaw," the cream tabby said, her eyes softening at the young molly's obvious displeasure. "What's wrong?"
      _____Rosepaw shifted and glanced at the other two warriors before her gaze returned to her mentor. "When can we do my assessment?" she asked tersely, her tail flicking back and forth.
      _____"I was thinking we would wait until Robinstar's feeling better. Don't you think the leader should be the one to give you your name?"
      _____"I've waited long enough," Rosepaw snapped. "And Tanglestep will do fine."
      _____Birdbrook sighed lightly. "Excuse me," she mewed to Velvettuft and Cherrysnap before standing. She flicked her tail, motioning for Rosepaw to walk with her in the woods. "I know you've had a long and... very stressful apprenticeship, and I'm sorry," she murmured, looking back on the day her patrol found Sweetpaw's body beside the river. As much as it hurt to carry Sweetpaw back to camp, her heart ached even more for Rosepaw to have to go on without her sister. "I know how it feels..." Between Cricketleap's and Speckledpaw's deaths and her father's exile, Birdbrook's apprenticeship was similarly enveloped in fear and grief. "What I'm saying is, you're not alone. Growing up in Aspenclan isn't easy, but I believe our pain can make us stronger. Things are hard right now for everyone, but I think we'll come out on the other side alright." She looked down at her apprentice, trying to decipher her unmoving expression. "But I understand if you want to move past that stage. We can go to Cricketleap's Island in a few days. How does that sound?"
      _____"Good," Rosepaw muttered. Though she tried not to listen, she couldn't help but hear Birdbrook's words. As kind and mild-mannered as she pretended to be, it was easy to forget that she was really the daughter of a rogue and a traitor. Birdbrook is the enemy, Rosepaw reminded herself. Her father was the whole reason Aspenclan was such a mess at all.
      _____"Are you alright?" Birdbrook asked, crouching slightly to meet her apprentice's eyeline. The young calico nodded. "Well, if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me." Rosepaw returned her mentor's smile, but lashed her tail as the tabby walked back to camp. It was almost like she didn't know.
      _____A chill ran down Rosepaw's spine as she remembered what Tanglestep had told her about Cricketleap's Island and its namesake. Cricketpaw was just a young molly, hopeful and excited to be a part of this new clan. Brambletooth was her mentor, though, and he decided she wasn't good enough. So when Cricketpaw was ready to become a warrior, she, Brambletooth and the medicine cat spent five days alone on the island. With no one to stop him, Brambletooth killed the poor apprentice. And when the medicine cat apprentice wanted to tell the truth, Brambletooth killed him, too. Now Rosepaw was going to be in that exact position with Brambletooth's daughter. What if Birdbrook tried to kill her? She didn't seem like a murderer, but Brambletooth fooled a lot of cats, too. Maybe, Rosepaw thought, she could use the island as a chance to kill Birdbrook instead. Tanglestep would surely be proud of her then. But Rosepaw soon realized what an inane idea that was. If she killed Birdbrook on Cricketleap's Island, everyone would know she was at fault. It was a wonder that Brambletooth had initially escaped blame at all, and something like that could certainly never happen again. Rosepaw frowned, turning the idea over in her mind. This could mean that Birdbrook wouldn't try to kill her either for the same reason, but she had no way of knowing what was going on in the other molly's mind. Rosepaw sighed. It seemed the only thing she could do at this point was wait and hope that her assessment went well and without incident. But one thing she knew for sure was that if Birdbrook did come after her, she wouldn't go down without a fight.

General
        Aspenclan consumes 8 servings – 1 fish, 3 squirrels

Family
        Kiiro tries for kits with Renegade (stud)
        Sootwhisker (Ll / BB / XoXo / Dd / aa / Mcmc / tata / CC / Wsw) is having her and Richterstar (Ll / Bb / XoY / Dd / Aa / McMc / Tata / Ccs / ww) of Chessclan's kits

Medicine
        Cloverwish assists with Sootwhisker's kitting

Patrols
        Robinstar, Tanglestep, Killfang, Komaru and Mackerelclaw patrol the borders
        Sandsight, Flickershade, Driftwind, Brackenfang, Lilyfrost and Nanamiwave hunt
        Dustleaf, Jasperlight, Turtlecreek, Pinetail, Velvettuft and Cherrysnap hunt
        Swiftfern, Minkear, and Birdbrook hunt

Rank Changes
        Rosepaw swims to Cricketleap's Island to take her warrior assessment
          she is accompanied by Birdbrook and Poppypaw
          if she succeeds, her name will be Rosethorn
        Brookkit, Ravenkit, Finkit, Koikit, Lionkit and Squirrelkit have turned 6 moons old and are ready to be made apprentices!
          Brookpaw's mentor is Flickershade
          Ravenpaw's mentor is Mackerelclaw
          Finpaw's mentor is Sandsight
          Koipaw's mentor is Komaru
          Lionpaw's mentor is Tanglestep
          Squirrelpaw's mentor is Driftwind
        Cherrysnap (2020 birthday cat) joins as a warrior

Training
        Poppypaw trains with Cloverwish
        Crowpaw, Pipitpaw, Finchpaw and Sparrowpaw train with their respective mentors

1/20/22; [kat] wrote:
Image Image Image Image

The current season is leaf-fall! You can tell because the leaves are changing colors, and it's starting to get chilly! Because of the chill it's a little easier for cats to fall ill, and births will become a little more difficult. You'll also find less prey and new cats on patrols, as they're focusing on finding a place to keep warm for the upcoming leafbare season.

ᴀꜱᴘᴇɴᴄʟᴀɴ !! - røsebud
Patrolling
✧ Tanglestep's patrol found a warrior and an abandoned kit they were taking care of. The warrior is a black-and-white oriental shorthair with yellow eyes, colored by ponz. The kit is a shorthair chocolate tortoiseshell point with stream blue eyes, colored by Corinnander.
Hunting
✧ Sandsight's patrol caught x1 bluebird.
✧ Dustleaf's patrol caught x2 fish.
✧ Swiftfern's patrol caught x2 squirrels.
Herb Gathering
✧ Cloverwish and Poppypaw gathered x1 poppy seeds, x1 ragwort leaves, and x1 yarrow.
Trying for Kits
✧ Kiiro is now expecting Renegade's kits! She is due in 2 moons.
Births
Sootwhisker gave birth to two kits! Unfortunately, despite Cloverwish's best efforts, the kitting was too much for the queen and she passed away shortly after the birth- but not before meeting her two children, and asking teary-eyed Cloudmask, Asterflame, and Marblestripe to take care of them for her. The first kit is a shorthaired black tom with low white (Ll, XoY, BB, Dd, Aa, McMc, tata, Ccs, Wsw). The second kit is a shorthaired black ticked molly with low white (LL, XoXo, BB, Dd, Aa, Mcmc, Tata, CC, Wsw). Cloverwish may not have been able to save Sootwhisker, but he was able to use x1 raspberry leaf to save the second kit from dying.
Training
✧ All apprentices successfully learned a skill this moon.
Assessments
✧ Rosepaw successfully passed her assessment and is now known as Rosethorn!
Request
✧ The previously requested sepia point cat was sent. They were colored by ponz.
Mod Notes
✧ None.
Last edited by røsebud on Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

forty-one ✽ 5/12/22

Postby røsebud » Fri May 13, 2022 12:59 pm

──────────────────────→_____[url=X]✽[/url]

Number of Cats: 50
24 | 24 | 2
Next Moonpool Request: any time
Pebbles: 169

Please do not kill or fatally wound any cats with a star ✯ beside their name. The leader may lose lives, but no more than two at a time. Please target those with a white star ✩ in the case of death rolls. Injuries are fine for any cat.

_____Marblestripe tried helplessly to blink away her tears as Cloverwish closed Sootwhisker’s eyes, grateful at least that she’d asked the kits to play outside during the kitting. Her vision grew blurry as she watched them wrestle and chase each other’s tails, oblivions to the darkness inside the den. Her attention snapped back to the medicine cat as he spoke.
      _____“I didn’t know Sootwhisker very well,” Cloverwish admitted to the queens. “Do you know who she was closest to?” Marblestripe’s gaze drifted to Cloudmask and Asterflame, only to find that they were both looking at her.
      _____“I guess that was me,” she said hesitantly, her words tainted by a sense of guilt. While she and Sootwhisker had become friends, they still weren’t particularly close—they had only known each other for a few moons. Then again, both mollies were fairly new to Aspenclan. No one had anticipated that Sootwhisker would be gone so soon. “Why? What happens now?” Marblestripe asked.
      _____“Usually, there’s a private burial, just the leader and the cat’s close friends and family,” Cloverwish explained, glancing outside to peer at the leader’s den. “Then Robinstar will say a few words to the whole clan, and there will be a more open ceremony by the lake.”
      _____“She was so excited about starting a family,” Marblestripe said distantly, her eyes again brimming with tears. “She said that Aspenclan had finally started to feel like home.”
      _____Cloudmask touched her nose to the tabby queen’s shoulder in a small gesture of comfort. “I know Robinstar hasn’t been feeling well,” she mewed to Cloverwish. “If that’s your concern, I’m sure Tanglestep could stand in for her. He’s not always good at sharing his feelings, but I know he cared about Sootwhisker too.”
      _____The medicine cat nodded briskly as Asterflame’s jaw clenched and Marblestripe tried to catch his eye. “I’ll talk to him.” Cloudmask returned the nod, smiling softly despite the sadness in her eyes. “But first, I think we should discuss Sootwhisker’s kits.”
      _____Marblestripe’s heart ached as she watched Charcoalkit and Flintkit, barely an hour old, asleep in the lingering warmth of their mother. “My kits have all transitioned to fresh-kill. I can nurse them for maybe a couple weeks, but after that—”
      _____“After that, I’ll take care of them,” Cloudmask mewed decisively.
      _____“Are you sure?”
      _____“Yes. After I’ve had my kits, I can start feeding and looking after these two. Tanglestep will understand,” she insisted. A part of her wondered if her mate might not care at all, but she soon dismissed the thought.
      _____“Cloudmask, you don’t even know how many kits you’ll have,” Asterflame reminded her.
      _____“I know, but I can make room for two more,” Cloudmask purred. “Honestly, it’s the least I could do. It’s nothing that any of you—or Sootwhisker—wouldn’t do for me.” Right away, the other queens had their doubts, but they would never challenge Cloudmask’s conviction. As misguided as her sister could sometimes be, Asterflame couldn’t deny that she had a good heart.
      _____“Alright,” Cloverwish agreed. “I can bring you some borage if you need it later on.” Cloudmask nodded her thanks as the medicine cat turned to Marblestripe. “Are you ready?” he asked gently.
      _____“I think so,” she whispered, her voice trembling. Cloudmask and Asterflame bowed their heads as Marblestripe pulled a robin feather from Sootwhisker’s nest and Cloverwish lifted Sootwhisker onto his shoulders. Marblestripe murmured something to Cloverwish as they stepped outside. They walked directly to the burial place, passing by the leader’s and warriors’ dens.
      _____Only Asterflame’s kit seemed to notice Cloverwish carrying the queen to her resting place. Sunkit took a half-step toward the medicine cat as if considering following him to see where he was going, but instead turned and padded back to the nursery. “‘Scuse me,” he mewed to Cloudmask, weaving past her to join his mother, but not before taking a prolonged look at the newborn kits she had begun to groom. His head tilted as he saw the kits, and he again glanced in the direction of Cloverwish and Marbestripe. Sunkit turned to his mother, a dozen questions racing through his mind, but he saw the tears in her eyes and they all dissipated in an instant, leaving just one that mattered.
      _____“Mama, what’s wrong?”
      _____Asterflame pulled the small kit closer, wrapping her tail around him. “It’s Sootwhisker. She—” The queen paused, her lips struggling to form the word.
      _____“Sootwhisker passed away, honey,” Cloudmask mewed softly.
      _____Sunkit’s good ear swiveled as he turned to face her. “What’s that mean?”
      _____“It means she died, baby.” Asterflame’s voice cracked as she spoke. Cloudmask flinched slightly. Sunkit’s head tilted as his mother searched for the right words. “Her body wasn’t working anymore, so she couldn’t stay in it. She’s in Starclan now.”
      _____“Starclan is a very beautiful place. Very peaceful,” Cloudmask added. Sunkit’s ears pricked.
      _____“But once you go there, you can’t go back,” Asterflame mewed, anticipating her son’s question. “So we’re happy that Sootwhisker is at peace, but we’re also sad that we won’t see her for a long time.”
      _____The small tom nodded slowly. This wasn’t the first he’d heard of Starclan. “Sweetpaw’s in Starclan too,” he recalled. Asterflame closed her eyes against a new wave of grief, but fresh tears streamed down her face despite her efforts. “Sorry,” Sunkit mewed meekly.
      _____Asterflame licked his forehead and took a shaky breath. “Don’t be sorry. That’s right,” she mewed. “Sweetpaw and Sootwhisker are in Starclan together. And I bet they’re both looking down at you right now.”
      _____Sunkit craned up his head to stare at the ceiling of the nursery. “I wish I could see them,” he muttered indignantly.
      _____Asterflame looked up, her eyes glinting. “I do too.” Her gaze fell after a second or two and landed on her son’s face. She was still for a moment, watching him, studying his guileless face and his kind eyes, before she rasped her tongue over his forehead again and pulled him closer still. The young tom frowned and started to wriggle free, having hoped to rejoin the other kits outside, but the familiar sound of a muffled sob stopped him in his tracks. He had to stay. So he did, resting his chin on his mother’s paw and settling into the stifling embrace.

_____Goosewing watched from across the camp, his tail twitching, as Tanglestep disappeared into Robinstar’s den. The truth gnawed at the back of his mind, making his head ache. He waited, busying himself with a vole that he took his time eating. His ears pricked as Tanglestep emerged from the den. Still he waited a little while longer, until the deputy strode into the forest with a patrol. The moment he was sure they’d gone, Goosewing abandoned his vole, padding swiftly to the leader’s den.
      _____“Robinstar, I have to tell you something,” he mewed. His voice quivered, but he stood tall. The leader was curled in her den but raised her eyes. They narrowed slightly at the sight of the warrior, and Goosewing shifted under her distant stare.
      _____“I’m not well,” Robinstar murmured, her gaze falling.
      _____“But that’s the thing,” Goosewing said, his mew hushed yet emphatic as he moved closer. “I don’t think that’s true.” The leader’s brow furrowed, but she hadn’t yet protested, so the silver tabby took a deep breath and continued. “Tanglestep’s trying to make you believe that you’re insane, but you’re not.”
      _____“Goosewing, I saw—”
      _____“You saw Komaru,” the warrior mewed definitively. Confusion crossed over Robinstar’s face.
      _____“...What?”
      _____Goosewing nodded. “That must have been it. I saw her leave when you were gone. Tanglestep did tell a couple warriors to look for you, but… there was something in his voice. In his eyes. He didn’t mean it. And then Komaru came back shivering and soaking wet. She didn’t say anything to Tanglestep then or before, but they looked at each other…”
      _____Robinstar glanced up at the tom. He watched anxiously as she frowned, gradually piecing everything together. “Why would Komaru do that?”
      _____Goosewing hesitated, wondering exactly how much Robinstar didn’t know about what went on in her clan. “She’s part of Tanglestep’s inner circle,” he explained. “And so are Mackerelclaw and Killfang. Tanglestep has this whole private group.”
      _____The leader’s lips parted slightly, her eyes looking up with unprecedented clarity. And with that clarity came another realization. Her sharp gaze turned to Goosewing, and he couldn’t help but shy away. “How do you know that?”
      _____For the first time, Goosewing looked down, his shoulders hunched. “I…” His voice faltered, and he cleared his throat. “I can help you, Robinstar,” he said softly. “Tanglestep trusts me, so—”
      _____“So why should I?” Robinstar snapped.
      _____This time, Goosewing didn’t flinch. He swallowed and met the leader’s eyes, remembering his first meeting with Tanglestep’s group. The deputy had told him that his parents’ forbidden love made them traitors. That it meant his mother’s death wasn’t a tragedy. That if he didn’t follow Tanglestep’s rules, he would end up like her. After Goosewing met Snowynight, he did think himself a traitor, at first. But just because something was forbidden didn’t mean it wasn’t good. Tanglestep was wrong about that. Then again, Tanglestep was wrong about a lot of things.
      _____“If Tanglestep knew everything about me,” Goosewing said smoothly, “he’d want me dead, too.”
      _____Robinstar’s brow furrowed slightly, but after a brief pause, she merely nodded. Of course she wondered what Goosewing was keeping from Tanglestep, but she couldn’t risk losing this new ally. Besides, Goosewing was risking his life to tell her the truth. He’d earned a little privacy. Robinstar sat up. Her back ached from the moons spent cowering in her den, but she sat tall. Traces of a smile crossed Goosewing’s face. For once, Robinstar looked like a leader.
      _____“I believe you, Goosewing,” Robinstar said, “and I need you to tell me everything. What did you do for Tanglestep?”
      _____Again, the warrior’s face fell. He’d known this question was coming, but that didn’t help the answer. At least the truth wasn’t too damning. “Nothing,” he stated honestly. But that was just it. He’d done exactly that. When Ashbark dragged Sweetpaw to the river and Tanglestep ordered for her to be killed, he did nothing. When Tanglestep turned to poor Rosepaw to tell the horrified apprentice that her sister’s murder was somehow on her, he did nothing. He watched Tanglestep’s group grow, and with it grew his power and influence. And despite knowing it was wrong… “I did nothing to stop him. I’m sorry.”
      _____Robinstar stepped closer, lowering her head to meet the warrior’s gaze. “You’re doing something now,” she said gently. Her eyes flitted downward as she recalled the words Brambletooth spoke to her at the moonpool. “You can’t change the past. There’s no point in trying,” she recited softly. “It’s time to start looking forward.” Goosewing looked up, his eyes round. “Tanglestep got in your head. He got you to do things—or not do things—you regret. Believe me, I know how you feel.”
      _____Goosewing thanked her quietly. “There’s still so much I don’t understand,” he murmured. Robinstar nodded sympathetically. “Like… who was Brambletooth?”
      _____The leader gave a bittersweet smile. “I’m sure Tanglestep has had a lot to say about him.” Goosewing shrugged. It might as well have been a nod. “I don’t know what he’s said, but the truth is that Brambletooth is the best thing to have happened to Aspenclan. He was the first cat to join after me. I had founded the clan and received my lives, but I was still alone. I asked Starclan for a deputy, and they sent me Brambletooth. He cared for this clan more than anything. And I know that he never did anything to hurt its members,” she concluded, blinking away the tears that had begun to form. Goosewing, though, hardly seemed convinced.
      _____“What about Cricketleap?”
      _____What about Cricketleap?”
      _____“It was just her and Brambletooth on that island, right? And then she dies? That doesn’t seem like a coincidence.”
      _____Robinstar’s head tilted. “Brambletooth wasn’t Cricketleap’s mentor. Tanglestep was.”
      _____Goosewing frowned. “So does that mean… Tanglestep killed her?” Robinstar pursed her lips, her eyes apologetic, and nodded solemnly. “And Speckledpaw?” Another nod. There was a pause, heavy and prolonged. Goosewing stared downward, his features shifting as a newfound anger grew within him. “Tanglestep killed Pebblepaw.” It wasn’t a question, but rather a statement, a fact they both knew to be true.
      _____“I’m sorry,” Robinstar said earnestly. The warrior’s expression was unmoving. “Going back, knowing the truth, there’s so much I wish I had done differently,” she sighed. “It was my fault that Brambletooth died, too. After I realized all my mistakes, I saw him at the moonpool. He was the one who told me I had to look forward.”
      _____Goosewing looked up, his eyes burning with anger, but also with the fire of determination. “I’m not mad at you,” he told Robinstar. “But it’s time to make this right. Or at least keep it from getting worse.” Robinstar couldn’t help but marvel at this side of Goosewing. It was something she’d never seen before, or even anticipated from the meek warrior. Perhaps she had underestimated him. It seemed Tanglestep had, too. Goosewing turned to peek outside, looking over the camp again. “I’m going to tell you everything about Tanglestep’s group,” he whispered. “But first, I think I might have a plan.”
      _____Robinstar leaned forward. “A plan?” she echoed. “For what?”
      _____Goosewing tilted his head. Wasn’t it obvious? “To expose Tanglestep. To… maybe… put an end to this.”
      _____The leader’s ears flicked uncertainly. An end. For so many moons, an end to the death, to the chaos, seemed so out of sight—especially after spending two full moons curled up in her den, questioning every prior revelation and even her own senses. Internally, she doubted the young warrior had solved this whole crisis, but she had just proven that she was capable of underestimating him. It was worth a listen, at least. “Go ahead.”
      _____Goosewing shifted, suddenly nervous under the weight of expectation. “Okay. So Tanglestep’s whole goal is basically just to… kill you,” he said hesitantly. To his surprise, Robinstar hardly seemed fazed. Then again, he reasoned, she’d known this for some time now. “And you can’t exile him now, because most of the clan sees him as either their deputy or their hero, right?” The leader nodded, grimacing slightly as she did. “So what if we make him believe that you’re out of lives? He’s only being at all inconspicuous now because he knows if he kills you directly, you’ll just exile him. But if he thinks you’re on your last life—”
      _____“He won’t have any reason to hide.”
      _____“Exactly.” The silver warrior waited expectantly for some sign of the leader’s approval, but she appeared deep in thought. “Do you think that could work? The only thing is, if he thinks he has nothing to lose, he might actually take a life.”
      _____“My indecision has cost me lives, too,” Robinstar reminded him. “I do think this might work. I’m willing to try.” She gave the tom a smile, and hope glimmered in his eyes. “Thank you, Goosewing. For everything. You’ve already helped this clan more than you know.” He looked down, but the leader did catch a glimpse of a smile. “For your own safety, you shouldn’t stay much longer,” Robinstar decided, “so that will be all for now. Send Cloverwish to me, please.”
      _____“Cloverwish?” Goosewing repeated. “Is he… on your side?”
      _____The leader nodded with a wry smile. “I do have some allies,” she said lightly.
      _____“Right,” he mewed, shaking his head sheepishly. “I’m sorry.”
      _____“It’s alright,” Robinstar assured him. “Now go on. And please, be careful out there.”
      _____Goosewing gave a solemn nod. “I will,” he promised. “I’ll be back soon to tell you… everything you should know.”
      _____Robinstar waited until he’d gone to allow concern to fall over her face. She padded to the entrance of her den, peering outside. Komaru, Mackerelclaw, Killfang… who else was conspiring to kill her? She used to live in fear of just Tanglestep and herself. But now, she didn’t even know how many cats there were to be afraid of. She tried to tell herself that at least she now had a way of finding out, but it did little to ease her anxiety. The leader licked her chest, trying to regain her composure before Cloverwish arrived.
      _____Meanwhile, Poppypaw’s face lit up as Goosewing stopped by the den. She watched inquisitively as he told Cloverwish that Robinstar had asked for him, after which he finally met her eyes and nodded silently toward the camp entrance. She nodded in return and watched as both toms left, her head tilted curiously and the tip of her tail tapping the floor. The young calico waited a minute longer and tried to busy herself with herbs, but her mind was racing. She understood why she and Goosewing couldn’t leave camp at the same time—it was a rule they had come up with together, for both of their safety—but that didn’t make the waiting any easier. At last, she left the den to join her friend in the woods.
      _____“What’s going on?” she whispered as soon as she saw him. “Why were you talking to Robinstar? Did she ask to see you?”
      _____“First off, relax,” Goosewing mewed, grinning at the molly’s unwarranted agitation. “I went to her. I’m doing the right thing,” he told her. “Finally.” Poppypaw leaned forward, silently urging him to continue. “I told her about Tanglestep’s group. And I told her my idea for—”
      _____“Wait,” Poppypaw interjected, a hopeful smile beginning to form. “You told her about the group? Does that mean you’re quitting?”
      _____Goosewing’s face fell, taking Poppypaw’s smile with it. “I told you,” he mumbled, “I can’t quit. There’s only one way out, and it isn’t resignation.” Poppypaw shuddered. “But I couldn’t stay complicit. So I’m going to help Robinstar bring it down.” The calico pursed her lips. Her eyes brightened despite herself at the resolve in the tom’s voice. He looked up, meeting her gaze. “Aspenclan is my home,” he said earnestly, and this time, she couldn’t help but smile. “I can’t let it get torn apart. So I’m finally doing something about it.”

_____Tanglestep padded into camp, Robinstar at his heels and Aspenclan’s newest recruits close behind. Halfway through the clearing, he stopped abruptly and turned to face them. Robinstar lurched backward to keep from colliding with him, landing instead on the forepaw of the lanky bicolor molly, who inhaled sharply. “Careful,” Tanglestep mewed, his voice unusually soft and colored by what could have passed for concern, but sounded more like pity. The leader grew hot with embarrassment. She had almost expected a rebuke from the deputy, but this was decidedly worse. Tanglestep’s infuriatingly sympathetic gaze lingered on Robinstar before shifting to the black-and-white molly and her little companion. “I apologize, Tundrasting. As you can see, Robinstar hasn’t been feeling well.”
      _____Tundrasting’s eyes trained on the cat in question, and she could have sworn she saw something in her face twitch at the tom’s words. “That’s alright,” she said tersely. In her peripheral vision, she could see Sorrelkit look up at her. She shook her head almost imperceptibly, willing the young cat not to ask any questions.
      _____“She needs to rest,” Tanglestep said decisively. Robinstar gave a slow nod as her gaze lifted briefly to meet Tundrasting’s before settling on some point in the distance. “I’m afraid we’ll have to forgo the usual ceremony. I hope you don’t mind.”
      _____For Sorrelkit’s sake, Tundrasting made an attempt to hide her relief, masking it with an air of disappointment. She should at least pretend that she truly wanted to be part of a clan, although part of her wondered if pretending made any difference—Sorrelkit was pretty smart, and Tundrasting was never a fan of deception. “That’s too bad,” she said, “but we understand.” Beside her, Sorrelkit gave a small “uh-huh.”
      _____Tanglestep paused, looking down at the kit and offering them a tight smile. “We can show you around, at least,” he said, and began to walk the group around camp, pointing out where Tundrasting would sleep as a warrior and the nursery where Sorrelkit would stay until they were made an apprentice. Sorrelkit looked around with wide eyes, listening intently to Tanglestep and taking in the new environment and all the faces they passed by. All the while, Tundrasting was watching the brown-and-white molly, the cat who was supposedly in charge. She was firmly uninterested in clan life, something she’d decided long ago, but still she found herself curious about the story behind this ostensible leader. For that, at least, she was glad. It was a reason to want to stay in Aspenclan, albeit not a very good one. But it meant that when Sorrelkit inevitably asked if she really wasn’t joining a clan just for them, the lie she told wouldn’t have to be entirely untrue.
      _____The tour was over mercifully soon, and it was only once Tanglestep sent Robinstar back to her den that Tundrasting finally met his eyes again. “If you have any more questions, any of your clanmates would be more than happy to help you,” he said. “You’re very welcome here.”
      _____The thin smile that spread across Tundrasting’s face was genuine, but not for the right reasons. She hadn’t missed the tightening of his jaw when the leader insisted they could join, or the way his eyes kept flitting to the bit of twoleg fabric around her neck—a gift from Sorrelkit, not that he had any right to know. The deputy didn’t want them there, and Tundrasting had her guesses as to why. Based on Robinstar’s whole situation, she also thought it a fair assumption that he didn’t love that it was still her decision. Reading others was a skill that Tundrasting had been honing since kithood, and although it had arisen out of necessity rather than for her enjoyment, it did grant her some entertainment. It was clear enough that none of these were things Tanglestep meant to express, and it amused her both that she could see something he didn’t want her to, and that he wasn’t getting his way. There was her second reason: the contrarian in her wanted her and Sorrelkit to stay in Aspenclan solely because Tanglestep didn’t. “That’s nice of you to say,” she mewed lightly, wondering whether he could hear the falsity in her own words.
      _____If he did, he managed not to show it, responding with a smile of his own that was either sincere or well-practiced. With that, the deputy gave a curt nod and a terse goodbye before padding off, leaving Tundrasting and Sorrelkit on their own.
      _____The small kit gazed up at the new warrior, who crouched down to meet their eyeline. “What do you think?”
      _____Sorrelkit looked around, darting eyes betraying their signature nervous excitement. “I dunno,” they mumbled. “It’s a lot.”
      _____“I know,” Tundrasting sighed, allowing a touch of reluctance to show before quickly restoring her mask. “But this’ll be good for you. You’ll make lots of new friends, you won’t have to rely on my hunting—and once you’re old enough, they’ll teach you how to hunt and fight like a real warrior. Better than I could teach you, that’s for sure.” Sorrelkit giggled, and Tundrasting relaxed a little. “Aspenclan isn’t so bad. I know a couple toms who came here a little while ago, and they love it here.” They must, since she hadn’t heard a word from either of those traitors since.
      _____“Really?” Sorrelkit’s eyes brightened, and Tundrasting almost smiled before the kit’s gaze fell. “But what about you?” they mewed meekly. There it was, just as she’d expected. “Will you be happy here?” Tundrasting steeled herself. Her two meager reasons didn’t feel like quite enough to justify saying yes, and a part of her revolted as she did anyway. But Sorrelkit wasn’t yet satisfied. “Promise?”
      _____Tundrasting almost wanted to laugh. She had hoped it wouldn’t come to this, but Sorrelkit wasn’t letting her off easy. Promises were one thing that Tundrasting didn’t take lightly, and she had refused to make enough unkeepable promises that Sorrelkit knew it too. Asking for a promise meant wanting to know the real truth, even the disappointing truth, but just this once, Tundrasting knew that wasn’t an option. “I want to be here. I promise,” she said, attempting to alleviate her conscience by vowing that she would do her best to make it true.
      _____As soon as the words were spoken, a smile broke across Sorrelkit’s face, which Tundrasting tried to take as a sign that she’d made the right decision.
      _____“Now, why don’t you go introduce yourself to the other kits?” she suggested, flicking her tail toward the young cats playing outside the nursery. Sorrelkit turned to face them, but retreated slightly, moving closer to Tundrasting. The molly’s eyes softened. “They won’t be like your siblings,” she said gently.
      _____“You don’t know that,” Sorrelkit protested, the excitement now faded from their wide eyes.
      _____“I don’t,” Tundrasting agreed slowly. “But I can say that if any of these kits even thinks about treating you the way they did, they’ll have to face me. I can be real scary,” she said, the corners of her mouth twitching into a smile. They didn’t need to know that she was only mostly kidding.
      _____“You are scary,” Sorrelkit giggled, reaching up their head to nuzzle her shoulder.
      _____“You know it,” Tundrasting laughed lightly, leaning down to lick their ear before giving them a gentle shove forward. “Go on. I’ll be right here.”
      _____Sorrelkit nodded, bouncing on their toes for just a moment before bounding toward the nursery and the other kits. Tundrasting couldn’t hear what they said, but she gave a friendly enough flick of her tail when they nodded toward her, and the tension in her shoulders finally relaxed when they began to bat around a moss ball. It returned just as quickly when she decided she ought to find the toms she once knew. She didn’t know whether they’d be elated or furious when they saw her again, but she was dreading finding out either way.
      _____Unfortunately, she didn’t have to look very far. As soon as she set foot in the warriors’ den, her gaze landed on them. Flickershade was the first to see her frozen in the entrance, his lips parting and brow raising slightly. “No way,” he managed to say, and Tundrasting fought the urge to look down as Sandsight turned to face her.
      _____“Great Starclan,” he mumbled, padding across the den to meet her. “What are you doing here?” he asked in a hushed mew.
      _____Tundrasting stepped back and forced the fur along her spine to lay flat. “I joined Aspenclan. I’m a warrior now.” The words tasted sour in her mouth, but she swallowed the feeling.
      _____“Are you serious?” Sandsight asked. She forced herself to nod. “Sorry, it’s just, you know, we haven’t seen you since you swore you’d never set foot in a clan.”
      _____“I remember.”
      _____“Hey, didn’t she tell us to go to hell?”
      _____“I said something like that,” Tundrasting interjected. “But things change. Plans change.” She took another step back and cast a glance toward the nursery, where Sorrelkit was still playing with their new friends. Her face couldn’t help but brighten.
      _____“You had a kit,” Sandsight murmured. “I don’t believe it.”
      _____Don’t believe it, because I didn’t,” Tundrasting snapped, a little too harshly. “The kit’s not mine,” she said with a surprising feeling of dismay. She knew it was true that Sorrelkit wasn’t her kit, not really, but it felt somehow wrong to say out loud. “I’ve just been looking after them.”
      _____“You don’t go against your deepest convictions for some kit you’re babysitting,” Flickershade mewed with a profoundly annoying grin. “Sounds like you’re just a big softie who doesn’t want to admit she got attached and wants to settle down.”
      _____“You need to stop.”
      _____“Relax,” Flickershade laughed as his mate’s face twisted into a crooked smile. “I’m just messing with you. We can talk about something else.” His gaze shifted downward, and Tundrasting sucked in a breath. “Like whatever the hell is on your neck.”
      _____“You got a problem with it?”
      _____“It’s good to see you’re just as cheerful as ever,” Sandsight interjected lightly.
      _____“Unfortunately, you two don’t seem to have changed either,” Tundrasting muttered. Despite her tone, something in her eyes suggested a semblance of gratitude. “Still…” She looked at her paws, her tail tip fluttering. “It’s good to see you again.”
      _____Sandsight and Flickershade met eyes, sharing a smile that Tundrasting could have partaken in if she had only looked up. “We missed you too,” Flickershade purred, and Tundrasting’s ears twitched, disconcerted yet touched by the strange absence of irony.
      _____The molly sat up straight and cleared her throat, forcing the peculiar moment to pass. “So, how about Tanglestep? He’s definitely something.”
      _____“You don’t know the half of it,” Sandsight said with a grin. Tundrasting’s brow arched. “He’s basically the only thing keeping this clan together.”
      _____“Aspenclan has one good leader, and it’s not the leader,” Flickershade added.
      _____“...Right.” Tundrasting faltered, shuffling her paws. Maybe she had misjudged Tanglestep’s character. More likely, these two were just dumb. That had to be it. “So what’s going on with all that?”
      _____Sandsight moved closer, solemnity falling over his face. “There’s a lot you should know,” he muttered, his voice almost a whisper. “The deputy before, Brambletooth—he left a real mark on this clan. He killed a bunch of apprentices, and took a good number of Robinstar’s lives. All that before he was exiled.”
      _____The tom’s mouth kept moving, but no more of his words reached Tundrasting. All she heard was that name, turning over and over in her mind. A remnant of a former life. She’d expected coming to Aspenclan to dredge up some memories from her past, but this was just cruel. Maybe it was a different Brambletooth. The few words she could comprehend her friend saying certainly didn’t fit the tom in her memories. But maybe his words were simply untrue. Tundrasting pulled herself into the present as Sandsight finished speaking, forced her brow to lay flat, and purged any trace of accusation from her voice. “Tanglestep told you that?”
      _____“He’s one of the only ones who’ll dare to admit it.”
      _____Tundrasting nodded, finding it significantly harder to hide her feelings. What started so recently as mere indignation at the deputy’s petty dislike had rapidly become fury in the face of what was surely injustice and deceit. As disheartening as the recognition was, she couldn’t trust Sandsight or Flickershade to hear what she had to say about Brambletooth. They had brought her to Aspenclan, but she now realized that she couldn’t fully join them. At least they had just confessed that not everyone was on their side. Now she just had to find those on the other side. “You mean some cats will defend Brambletooth?” she said with as much incredulity and derision as she could muster.
      _____“His family, mostly. You’ll want to keep your distance from Swiftfern and Birdbrook. Swiftfern especially. Birdbrook’s misguided, but Swiftfern’s genuinely dangerous,” Sandsight said gravely.
      _____“Poppypaw, too,” Flickershade noted. “She’s Tanglestep’s daughter, but she’s got a vendetta against him since she wasn’t his favorite.”
      _____Tundrasting matched his dark grin, internally clinging to every name. Poppypaw. Birdbrook. Swiftfern especially. “Thanks. That’s good to know,” she said lowly, savoring the chance to speak truthfully to her old friends. She was starting to predict that it wouldn’t happen often.

_____Birdbrook took a deep breath, watching through blurred vision as Cedarglint guided Alliumcurl back to camp. She had assigned herself the task of recounting the truth about her father to as many new members as she could, and she had yet to do so without tearing up halfway through.
      _____“How are you feeling?” Minkear asked gently.
      _____Her eyes flitted downward, meeting his. “It gets a little easier every time,” she mewed.
      _____The small tom nodded, but his brow furrowed as he studied her expression. “Is that a good thing?”
      _____Birdbrook paused. “You would think so, but—I don’t know,” she sighed. “I kind of feel like... I don’t want to be desensitized, you know? I don’t want to not miss him. I don’t want to not be mad at what Tanglestep did.” Even as she said those words, she felt a familiar sting in her eyes. “I don’t want to let go. I don’t want to forget the pain. Not yet, at least.” Minkear nodded pensively as she continued. “I feel like I need to hold on to it, like I need to use it—if that makes sense.”
      _____“It does,” he assured her. He had spent a fair amount of time contemplating his own grief over his lost teacher. “It hurts, but that’s how you know it’s real. And seeing how valuable the truth is, I guess it’s natural to want to hold on to it.”
      _____“The pain is the truth,” Birdbrook murmured. The two of them sat in silence for a long moment, allowing their words to linger as they listened to the forest. Minkear glanced at the catkin chains around their necks, swaying in the gentle wind. For a while, every warrior had been required to wear them, but after Brambletooth’s exile, Tanglestep never wore the catkin crown that the deputy was supposed to. Robinstar stopped enforcing them, and it didn’t take long for the chains and anklets to all but die out, save for those of a few stubborn or perhaps oblivious warriors. For Minkear, at least, they had become something of a symbol of resistance—a sign that not all of what Aspenclan was before was lost.
      _____“Velvettuft told me something interesting,” Birdbrook recalled, breaking the silence. “They said Cherrysnap noticed that Tundrasting, the new molly who joined with the kit, has been talking to Flickershade and Sandsight, but none of Tanglestep’s other followers. It didn’t seem worth it when Pinetail said they seemed like they were friends, but maybe we could try talking to her.”
      _____“Yeah, we could try that,” Minkear said softly. He looked up from the catkin chains. “Do you ever wish that Aspenclan was normal?” Birdbrook gave him a quizzical look, but nodded nonetheless. He didn’t have to elaborate for her to know exactly what he meant.
      _____“I guess normal could be pretty boring,” Birdbrook mused, and Minkear tilted his head, giving a sort of half shrug. “But I would kill for boring.” They both chuckled softly, the sound soon lost in the whisper of the leaves.
      _____Minkear leaned back, feeling a breeze in his fur as he watched birds flit between the branches. “Can you imagine a boring life?” he murmured. “We sleep soundly, with no anxieties to keep us tossing and turning, and no nightmares to wake us up. There are some disagreements and petty fights, but when it comes down to it, every cat trusts their clanmates and knows that they’re on their side. Sometimes we take a little longer coming back from patrols than we should, but it’s only because the weather’s so nice; we have no reason to doubt that camp is a place of refuge.”
      _____“Keep going,” Birdbrook whispered. Minkear looked over to see that she was gazing at him, her eyes glistening. He faced forward with a slight smile.
      _____“We still have some problems. Normal life isn’t all clear skies.” He leaned against Birdbrook’s shoulder as he spoke, and she rested her head on his. “Some nights, it rains so heavily that it gets through the roof of the den. You wake up wet and shivering, and you can’t imagine anything worse. And there are rough winters, where prey is scarce. But we have a strong leader and a noble deputy, and the whole clan works together to ensure that everyone is fed. No one takes too much, and there is always enough to go around.”
      _____“And what about you and I? What do we do?”
      _____“We have kits,” Minkear said without hesitation, “with no fear that it could be wrong to bring them into the world, because we know that they will grow up safe.” Birdbrook closed her eyes and smiled, allowing herself to get lost in the way the world could be. “And they do. The clan’s kits all play together, fantasizing about danger and adventure.”
      _____Birdbrook sat up, lifting a paw to wipe the tears from her eyes. “The boring life sounds nice,” she said, the sentence punctuated with a sniff.
      _____“It will be,” Minkear mewed. The molly’s ears twitched as she glanced at him. “Our lives will be boring eventually.”
      _____“You think so?”
      _____He moved closer, licking her cheek. “I know it.”
      _____Birdbrook nuzzled him in return, but she couldn’t bring herself to meet his eye. “That might not be up to you,” she said grimly.
      _____“Even so,” Minkear mewed, “we’ll find a way, somehow.” He reached out a paw, gently lifting her chin until their eyes met again. “And everything that happened… everything that's happening now… someday it will all feel like a distant memory. And that’ll be okay.”
      _____A melancholy smile formed on Birdbrook’s lips, her doubts beginning to melt away as she looked into his eyes. She nodded. “Someday.” The molly leaned forward and touched her forehead to his. “I love you, Minkear,” she said, not for the first time.
      _____“I love you, Birdbrook,” Minkear purred.
      _____Birdbrook cast a glance toward camp, grimacing slightly as dread crept into her stomach. “I do love Aspenclan, too,” she sighed.
      _____Minkear nodded. “It’s home,” he agreed. “Should we start to make our way back?”
      _____“We probably should,” Birdbrook said, her jaw setting in resignation as they began walking toward camp. “If I’m away too long, my mom probably starts thinking something’s happened to me. I can imagine what.”
      _____Minkear nodded solemnly as Aspenclan’s reality returned to the forefront of their attention. Still, their boring fantasy lingered at the back of their minds, a mundane promise that seemed worlds away.

General
        Aspenclan consumes 9 servings – 1 vole, 2 fish, 2 squirrels

Family
        Cloudmask (LL, BB, XOXo, dd, Aa, McMc, WsWs) is having her and Tanglestep's (LL, BB, XoY, Dd, Aa, McMc, Wsw) kits
        Kiiro is due in 2 moons with Renegade (stud)'s kits

Medicine
        Cloverwish gathers kitting herbs
        Cloverwish assists with Cloudmask's kitting

Patrols
        Robinstar, Tanglestep, Tundrasting, Alliumcurl, and Cedarglint patrol the borders
        Brackenfang, Mackerelclaw, Goosewing, Lilyfrost, Pipitpaw, and Sparrowpaw hunt
        Driftwind, Killfang, Komaru, Nanamiwave, Rosethorn, and Finchpaw hunt
        Dustleaf, Jasperlight, Pinetail, Birdbrook, Velvettuft, and Cherrysnap hunt

Rank changes
        Poppypaw has finally completed her training and is ready to take her assessment to become a medicine cat
          if she succeeds, her name will be Poppystem
        Crowpaw swims to Cricketleap's Island to complete his warrior assessment
          if he succeeds, his name will be Crowtalon
        Alliumcurl (2020 Create-a-Clanniversary custom cat) joins as a warrior

Training
        Brookpaw, Ravenpaw, Finpaw, Koipaw, Lionpaw and Squirrelpaw train with their respective mentors

9/20/22; frankie (dup) wrote:Image©
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬; greenleaf
    the territories are in full bloom and prey is running rampant, making them an easy catch. queens and kits will be much more likely to survive during birth and new cats are still likely to be found. however, the chance for drought and dehydration is higher and predators, while unlikely, are more dangerous than ever due to the abundant resources.
𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫; landslide!
    rolls will be made with disadvantage when applicable
𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐲;

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

aspenclanrøsebud
      families
        cloudmask gives birth to two healthy kits. x1 borage is used, without it cloudmask and a kit would have died (or become infertile in cloudmask's case, since she's marked as Not To Be Killed) phenotypes and genotypes are as follows:
        kit one: shorthaired afab black with high white (LL, XoXo, BB, Dd, aa, WsWs) with lines by grey and colours by katrione growth: x with lines by grey and colours by katrione
        kit two: shorthaired amab black with low white (LL, XoY, BB, Dd, aa, Wsw) with lines by grey and colours by kazin. growth: x with lines by hiss and colours by kazin
      borders
        robinstar's patrol is attacked by a fox! they drive it off, but alliumcurl sustains a mild injury that later develops an equally minor infection. she needs one moon of rest and x1 of any of the following: chervil, honey, horsetail, marigold, oak leaf, stinging nettle, sweetsedge, or wild garlic
      hunting
        brackenfang's patrol catches two voles, one robin, and one squirrel
          driftwind's patrol catches two robins, one fish, and one vole. finchpaw is caught in a landslide and killed
            dustleaf's patrol catches one robin and one bluebird
      apprentices
        both apprentices pass their assessments!
          all apprentices learn their respective skills!
Last edited by røsebud on Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

forty-two ✽ 9/30/22

Postby røsebud » Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:44 am

──────────────────────→_____[url=X]✽[/url]

Number of Cats: 53
27 | 24 | 2
Next Moonpool Request: any time
Pebbles: 174
Mod: frankie (dup)

Tension grows between Cloudmask and Asterflame. Tundrasting reaches out to Swiftfern. Robinstar falls mysteriously ill as the Brambletruthers start to organize and I feel like I'm writing one of those TV episode summaries.

General
        Aspenclan consumes 9 servings: 3 robins, 2 bluebirds

Family
        Kiiro is due in 1 moon! The father is Renegade (stud)

Medicine
        Cloverwish and Poppystem gather herbs
        Alliumcurl rests for 1/1 moon. Cloverwish treats her infection with x1 sweet-sedge.

Patrols
        Tanglestep, Marigoldstep, Goosewing, and Lionpaw patrol the borders
        Swiftfern, Pinetail, Cedarglint, and Appledapple patrol the borders
        Sandsight, Killfang, Komaru, Lilyfrost, Brookpaw, Finpaw, and Koipaw hunt
        Dustleaf, Flickershade, Brackenfang, Mackerelclaw, Nanamiwave, Ravenpaw, and Squirrelpaw hunt
        Jasperlight, Tundrasting, Minkear, Birdbrook, Velvettuft, Cherrysnap, and Crowtalon hunt

Rank changes
        Appledapple (2020 Create-a-Clanniversary random cat) and Marigoldstep (ponz's 2020 staff celebration) join as warriors
        Sorrelkit is now 6 moons old and is ready to be made an apprentice!
          their mentor is Pinetail
        Training
        Pipitpaw and Sparrowpaw train with their respective mentors

aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes