➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

➳ part eight

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:16 am

Raintail sprinted from her den at a shockingly quick speed. She reached Volepelt and immediately asked what had happened. Froststar reached them just in time to hear the answer.

"Its Foxtail," the warrior muttered between gasps of air, "We were at the cliffs near the waterfall," Volepelt's eyes were wide with terror as he spoke, shaking lightly on his paws, "she saw a bird's nest and thought it would make easy prey.. and then.." Volepelt searched Froststar's gaze, "she fell..."

"Comfrey.. thyme.. cobwebs." Raintail instantly listed off the herbs she'd need before turning and bolting back into her own den.

Froststar felt frozen on his paws.. Foxtail and Volepelt were mates. They had been so in love since they were apprentices. Swallowing hard Froststar rested his tail on Volepelt's shoulder, "Stay here. Foxtail will be taken care of, Raintail knows what she's doing. Go rest in the medicine cat den until we bring her back."

Volepelt moved toward the den numbly without a word, his eyes glued to his paws; his mission in bringing his mate help was done.

"Ivypaw, go help Raintail!" Paleflower's voice could be heard from the middle of camp, "Snowfoot, Badgerclaw, and Oakfang, we're going to need help bringing Foxtail back to camp!" Paleflower was quick to arrange her warriors and give Froststar a passing nod as she and her crew rushed out of camp toward the waterfall.

The medicine cat and her helper emerged from the den, mouths full of herbs. As much as Froststar wanted to follow and ensure that Foxtail was okay, he had the duties of a leader to perform. One of them was staying in camp while the deputy tended to other matters and right now, Paleflower was gone. For several long moments Froststar stood in the same spot, staring at the entrance to camp, silent and concerned.

Once he'd gathered himself Froststar turned around only to see something in the middle of camp.. something that hadn't been there before..

What's in the middle of camp?
      A. A black raven's feather.
      B. A tiny pebble.
      C. A clump of moss.
      D. A flower petal.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Postby `sappho » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:08 pm

marking c:
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:38 am

Aaaaah, I finally have Internet in my new place! I shall try and get the next piece up once my boyfriend brings a computer home tonight or tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay!
THEXTHEXTHEXTHE
───────────────────────────────
Create A Clan - ➳ who are you again..? - Link Name Here - Link Name Here
─────────────────────────────
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part nine

Postby ossa di cervo » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:00 am

Froststar approached the object, tail flicking gently with curiosity. He reached the lone feather and poked it lightly with a paw. He stared down at the feather, immune to everything that was happening around the camp.. why would a raven's feather suddenly wind up in camp? Ravens didn't live here, everyone knew that ravens only ventured into RavenClan's territory.. WillowClan was too muddled with branches and rocks. The biggest predator here was the fox, scavengers stuck to the lightly wooded plains. Froststar's gaze found it's way upward, searching the sky desperately for something more yet nothing greeted his eyes.

When Foxtail and her entourage came back to camp the sun was setting in the distance casting it's array of colors into the sky. The she-cat had a lot of trouble simply walking and her group looked bedraggled. Paleflower was quick to ensure Froststar that she'd watch camp while he went and slept, yet the leader couldn't sleep just yet..

He watched Foxtail and Volepelt's quick reunion, admiring the way the two instantly lit up at the other's presence. Even Foxtail, in her tremendous pain, made an effort to move toward her beloved mate.

With a deep sigh, the leader of WillowClan approached Paleflower, "Hurry for me if I'm needed.."

Paleflower nodded lightly, eyes glued on Foxtail and her mate, "Absolutely."

Froststar flicked his tail across Paleflower's shoulder in a thankful manner before trudging off to his nest. Two days of leadership and he'd seen kits be born and watched a warrior totter with a broken leg.. what else did the world have in store?

six moons later...

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the old willow to hear my words!" Froststar's call resounded around camp as the crisp morning air started to warm. As he waited for his clan to gather to puffed his chest, watching the sun fill the tree line.

Six moons had passed and Foxtail was back with the warriors, thankful for Gorsefoot's help with training on how to properly use a twisted foot. Now, the she-cat was the same warrior she'd been beforehand.

Once all the clan had assembled Froststar began again, "As you all are aware it's time we relived Doestep of some rather active kits!" a deep chuckle interrupted the leader and he watched his clan join him for a few blissful moments.

Fawnkit was the first to approach, the tiny she-cat a replica of her mother with the addition of her little white paws. She sat straight up, looking Froststar in the eyes, "Fawnkit, from this moment on you will be known as Fawnpaw!" Froststar cast his gaze across the clan, "Snowfoot, you are ready for an apprentice.. you will be mentor to Fawnpaw." Fawnpaw leapt down from the dead tree that was the old willow to touch noses with Snowfoot. "Snowfoot, you have shown yourself to be a selfless, brave warrior. Do all that you can to pass on what you know down to Fawnpaw."

Stagkit pushed his brother, Nightkit out of the way as he raced up the old willow to sit at Froststar's paws, "My turn, my turn!" he mumbled quietly, quivering with excitement.

Froststar smiled down at the kit, "Stagkit, from this moment on you will be known as Stagpaw.. Oakfang," Froststar glanced at the strong Oakfang, a glimmer of regret in his eyes, "you are ready for an apprentice so you will be the mentor of Stagpaw." The two met each other and touched noses lightly and Froststar recognized the instant connection between the two, "Oakfang, you have shown yourself to be a strong, cunning warrior.. do all that you can to pass on what you know to Stagpaw."

Turning to the last kit, Froststar felt a tug at his heart. Nightkit trudged forward with his head held low, tail dragging in the dirt and limping heavily on one of his back feet. A flash-back to a moon ago flooded the toms vision; Nightkit and his siblings had climbed one of the rock piles in the camp and Nightkit had taken to damage of a rather nasty fall. It twisted his paw and Raintail said he'd forever have a limp. Froststar had instantly ordered the rocks to be moved and the clan was still working on the long process.

"Nightkit," Froststar brushed the tiny tom's shoulder carefully as Nightkit brought his green gaze up to his own, "from this day on you will be known as Nightpaw. Gorsefoot," the leader turned to Gorsefoot, "you are ready for an apprentice and you shall be the mentor of Nightpaw." the apprentice struggled down the old willow landing with a thud and touched noses with Gorsefoot, "Gorsefoot, you have shown yourself to be a reliable and determined warrior. Do all that you can to pass on what you know to Nightpaw."

"Fawnpaw, Stagpaw, Nightpaw!" the chants rose through out the clan and Froststar watched as the new apprentices were welcomed eagerly into the clan ranks. Froststar felt his eyes consistently gravitating toward Oakfang, a deep sense of mistrust and dread deep in his chest.. should he have trusted Stagpaw to such a warrior?

"Froststar?" Paleflower's voice took his attention away from the warriors and their apprentices, "Do you want to go on a hunt with me? I already asked Raintail and Volepelt to keep an eye on camp for us."

Q What does Froststar tell Paleflower?
      A. Sure, he'd love to communicate he's uneasiness with Oakfang.
      B. Why not, it can't hurt.
      C. He's not sure he should leave camp to Raintail and Volepelt.
      D. He'd rather go on a simple walk.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby `sappho » Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:52 pm

b please. hehe.

yay! im finally getting to choose XD
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part ten

Postby ossa di cervo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:01 am

Froststar shrugged lightly, brushing his tail across Paleflower's shoulders, "Why not, it's can't hurt."

Paleflower's face lit up, "Great! I was thinking near the edge of the territory." the she-cat bounced away like an elated apprentice on their first trip out of camp.

The tom chuckled lightly, following after his deputy with rather boring, normal strides. Paleflower waited for him at the camp entrance and kept a somewhat simply pace as Froststar as they began their trek toward the edge of the territory. Occasionally she'd zip off to the side because she heard a critter or simply wanted to look closer at a flower. Froststar watched her every move, admiring her undying optimism and exuberance.

Once near the edge of the territory Froststar let his attention turn to the sounds around him, listening intently for prey scuttling along the forest floor. He hadn't been out on many hunting trips the last six moons and he felt a sense of relief at being able to listen so closely to something other then his clanmates arguing.

The tom crouched, the sounds of a mouse thick in his ears. Each pawstep brought him closer and closer and he was able to move fluidly as if he were a mere warrior once more.. he could it's ears poking above the leaf litter and felt a tingle of excitement course through him.

His mouth began to water when the mouse's head shot up, ears alert and it made off for it's hole in the ground. Froststar sprinted after it and missed, watching it's long tail disappear into the ground. A growl found his lips but was cut short when he heard the patter of approached paws. Paleflower was by his side in a heartbeat, spine fluffed and tail twice it's normal size.

"Froststar, go back to camp, that's a RavenClan cat." the deputy urged, suddenly fearful that it was only the two of them out in the open.

Froststar shook his head, "No. We settle this as WillowClan warriors. Calm down." the leader sat upright, tail curled around his paws, eyes locked onto the spot where he expected the opposing warrior to burst.

Paleflower managed to calm her fur but she stood next to Froststar a nervous wreck.

The other warrior soon burst through the tree line, shocked to see Froststar and Paleflower waiting for them so diplomatically. They didn't wait to see if they'd be attacked, simply burst into words.

Q What does the RavenClan warrior have to say?
      A. "My name is Icefang, our clan needs help, there's a fire."
      B. "Help us, please, three foxes are attacking our camp." - said by Grasspaw
      C. "I need to see Raintail, kits are dying and our medicine cat doesn't know what to do." - said by Redleaf
      D. "No one knows I came.. we need help. Some rouges have come and Hawkstar is letting them bully us around." - said by Blizzardpaw
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:18 am

can we get a little bit of C please?
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part eleven

Postby ossa di cervo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:01 am

Froststar was slightly shocked that it was Redleaf, the deputy of RavenClan that emerged from the tree line. The she-cat dipped her head, "Froststar. I came to see Raintail. Kits are dying in camp and Owlsong doesn't know what to do, he says he's tried everything he can."

Froststar dipped his head to the dark orange, marbled she-cat, "We must hurry." and turned, leading the way through the thick wood.

The trio reached camp, Paleflower taking the rear and Froststar instantly led the way to the medicine cat den. Thankfully, Raintail hadn't seen many injures these last few moons and right now she was simply counting herbs. Froststar hesitated a moment, knowing that the she-cat hated interruptions, especially when it came to her herbs. All it took was a thought of kits dying back in Redleaf's camp.. tiny, innocent, mewling creatures succumbing to a sickness no one could decipher.

"Raintail," Froststar began, "We have company."

"What now?" the she-cat groaned before turning around, "Redleaf?" Raintail's eyes widened, "Surely this can only be a dire emergency.. Owlsong is far more knowledgeable then I."

Redleaf's head hung as she started to speak, "It is.." Her green eyes swept the ground, pained at admitting such a weakness, "It's our kits.. they're slowly dying and Owlsong isn't sure how to proceed. He's tried everything he could and he's afraid it'll soon spread to the apprentices."

"No.." Raintail's eyes grew pained and she searched Froststar's gaze, panic in her depths, "I have to go help, Froststar."

Froststar nodded, "I agree.. I'm only worried because you have no apprentice to stay with us while you're gone.."

Raintail flicked her tail in irritation, "Ivypaw." she blurted, "She helps me when it's needed, if anything happens, ask her for help and if she has no answer send someone for me."

The leader knew they had no other option but it still pained him to say, "Okay."

The medicine cat instantly went about gathering herbs and Paleflower said something about going to inform Ivypaw of the new decision and the responsibility that was on her. Froststar took a deep breath and shot a glance at the sky; leaf-fall was coming. A bright red oak leaf fluttered down to the ground as he thought about it and a chill went up the tom's spine.. How desperately he hoped that this unknown sickness wouldn't reach his clan and that it would be solved before leafbare reached them. They needed Raintail back in camp.

"Raintail. As soon as you return you're going to find an apprentice." Froststar called into the den.

Raintail snapped, "Stormfeather isn't due to have her kits for another moon and a half!"

Froststar simply muttered to himself, "Let's hope one of her kits can follow in your paws then.."

Just then Oakfang and Stagpaw emerged into camp and Froststar felt the fur on his spine rise. The two had their heads together and were muttering something while they sauntered toward the fresh-kill pile. The tom tried to brush it off as nothing more then territory discussion but something in the pit of Froststar's stomach begged him to go inquire about what they'd been up to...

Q What should Froststar do?
      A. Talk to Oakfang and Stagpaw, asking what they'd done today.
      B. Leave it alone and go check on Stormfeather.
      C. Ask Paleflower if she'd like to continue that hunt.
      D. Send Nightpaw after his brother to figure out what Stagpaw and his mentor are so intent on.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:45 am

A!
Let the tension rise, nyeheheheh :twisted: XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me