Notebook Chronicles

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Notebook Chronicles

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Golden Wolf

Colin is disoriented when the wolf's maw spits him out.

When he'd oppened his eyes, a bright light had blinded him. He couldn't make out where he was or which direction was up or down. He thought that he had become an epheremal being and when he tried to move his limbs tangled themselves.

He shut his eyes and put his palms on his ears, not to block out any sounds (it was earily quiet), but to concentrate on the grinding noise his muscles made when he moved. The disorientation was making him nauseous. Colin fancied that he could also hear his heartbeat behind the cacophony that his shifting made as he pressed tightly on his ears.

He didn't know how much time had passed when he finally felt it was safe to open his eyes. He stood from his foetal position and blearily blinked his eyes into focus.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Wed May 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Summer Thoughts

As he was laying in his mother's bed, (for more comfort) Colin heard a mournful howl.

He openned his eyes a sliver and concentrated on the unusual sound. The howling now sounded more like low pitched chimes or the wind blowing.

The more Colin concentrated, the more he thought about his mother, about the odd looks her friends gave him when they thought he wasn't paying them attention. He thought about his mother's absance much more apparent since the end of summer.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:31 am

Death's Intern

Sæwine became Death's intern the day he accidently ripped a hole in the universe. It’s not important how it happened. The point is that it did and it that wasn't his fault. Well, mostly. Anyways, all this to say that one night, Death visited the boy and took the cat under his wing.

With his stunt, Sæwine had turned himself into the manifestation of that hole. He had stolen a fraction of the fabric of the world. It had seeped into his core and almost destroyed his very self. Only with Death's touch did Sæwine return to his somewhat normal feline form.

Death had reached within the universe and had pulled from his fingetips a pelt. It looked like a housecat's silver tabby skin. With that in hand, he had reached across galaxies, past various solar systems and through the aching void the cat had consumed. He stretched until the wound was covered and Sæwine had been reborn.

Sæwine then started his unwiling, but mandatory stay with the being that called himself Death.

His new master, Death, looked like a man. His skin was the deepest shade of black and he wore a pinstriped suit made of shadows and stardust that melted into his skin. The both of them lived exclusively on the outskirts of the many amazonians tribes in the tropical forest of Brazil.

Their work wasn't a formal one. There was no paperwork or any sort of defined legislation. As a captive dubbed intern Sæwine was expected to do all the dirty jobs Death wouldn't, like keep track of Time, make sure nobody discovers the secret of immortality and lastly prepare for the cyclical Armageddon.

Contrary to popular belief Death doesn't assist to every demise. Time was the one who took responsibility of the slow degradation and ultimate end of one's life. Sæwine was the one who had to coax Time when she played favorites and just wouldn’t let go.

It was on one of those days when Time was once more getting too involved into the game of life that one of her beloved managed to kill her again.

A shaman from one of the pirahã tribe had approached Sæwine with that vital piece of information. The human had promptly skittered away when the young feline had bared his fangs in a wicked smile.

Gleeful with this new problem, Sæwine went to find Death.

The immortal being was in a spring dipping his feet in the water with his clothes discarded on the banks. The fabric seemed to fade even in the daylight. Shadows formed and danced around the clothes like an aura of doom.

Sæwine grinned sharply, "I've got good news for you!" his eyes glinted, "Time has been killed again."

Death groaned loudly at the expression on Sæwine's face. The little bugger liked to find ways to torment Death ever since their forced camaderie, "We can't have a crisis, my schedule is already full," he intoned, with his eyes half-lidded and basking in the sun.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:06 pm

Piper, Take Two

The enchanter which had been a brown blur in the middle of the dancing children was clearer as Colin clutched his amulet. He caught a glimpse of the enchanter and wished he hadn't. His captor was, oddly enough, only a few years older than Colin.

The young boy looked feral with his horrible scars covering half of his face. They looked like painful battle wounds. Half moons starting on his temple, curving around his cheek and ending on the bridge of his nose. The boy had his eyes half-lidded and Colin could see some scars covering one of the child's eyelid. The scars tightened the boy's flesh and twisted his features into a perpetual grimace even in rest. He would, while blowing into his pipes, stomp his bloody feet into the forest floor in a violent dance.

Colin couldn't tear his eyes away from the boy now that he'd caught a clear glimpse of him. Colin had stopped moving altogether and was barely even breathing, fingers still clenched around his amulet.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:21 pm

Golden Wolf, Take Two

Colin was in a bright room filled with the golden rays of the wolf's maw. It seemed endless, but moments after he became aware of it's vastness a door materialised and a man ran in.

Colin hadn't expected that.

He was still winded from forcefully crossing the fabric of space and was curled up on the floor.

Eyes wide open, he focused on his breathing. In and out. Concentrate on anything but the pain. He still wasn't sure where he was.

The man from the door was quite close now. It seemed a bit strange that it had taken him all that time to come near him, but he wasn't worried about that because all around them forms and structures were bleeding into existence. It was that bit of unusual occurance and the threatening figure of the man that prompted Colin to roll into his feet and disappear into the rappidly forming corridors.

He heard the man yell something, but the boy was too focused on his flight that he completly disregarded whatever wasn't crucial to his escape.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:42 am

Kaleb's Friend

When Charlie's disappearance had been confirmed, Kaleb had begged Sai for a mortal body. Seeing as Kaleb had only ever been a wolf (a very intelligent one turned fey perhaps, but a beast nonetheless) it wasn't the same as being human (or mortal for that matter), he had asked Sai to find his old wolf skin.

Sai had had her doubts that Kaleb's original wolf body had passed the test of time. It had, in fact, turned to dust more than 500 years ago, but Sai (wonderful Sai!) with her questionable contacts had been able to quickly whip him up a mortal body.

Kaleb had nostalgicaly wanted another wolf body, but Sai had pointed out that nowadays most of the world was populated with humans and Charlie was most likely a human himself (if the rumors were to be believed).

That was how he found himself (Kaleb the hound) in the skin of a human boy that Sai had found mostly dead and completly empty. Kaleb was dissapointed. He hadn't wanted to start over his life when Charlie had been missing for so long.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me