Of Magic and Nature (Interactive Story)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Would you like a discussion thread?

No, sounds unnecessary
60%
Yes, so as to discuss further actions
40%

Total votes : 10

Re: Of Magic and Nature (Interactive Story)

Postby trickszy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:31 am

Yup, druid! After all, you have Earth Beat already and you've already decided.
ImageImage
⊱ ————- ❈ ————- ⊰
check out my adoption center in my trades; just make sure to follow the rules
trickszy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

12 (Not a Hypocrite)

Postby Piefan » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:43 am

Author's note;;
There goes the chance to introduce a wizard...

Short post, sorry.
Stats wrote:Inventory
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Relationships wrote:Earth Beat
Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Wolf
???
Shadow
Leader
[/quote]

"Druid," you say in a heartbeat. You're sure wizards can do plenty awesome stuff too, but you would really work better with one of your own.

... Okay, perhaps that's the kind of mindset that this organisation is set on destroying. Still, you've already made your decision, and if the stereotype is accurate, then you weren't lying. Wizards would be ridiculously pretentious, and while that would be amusing, you're not searching for amusement.

The boy nods. "As you wish," he replies. "By the way, I think I've forgotten my manners - and I totally had manners in the first place, please ignore my wolf. Would you like a drink? Cookies?"

Staring warily at him, you sigh. "... You're the leader of a possibly violent organisation aiming on destroying the (somewhat) oppressive government. I believe that usually excuses one from courtesy." Before you can say anything else, though, or even decline, Earth neighs, expressing her like for tea.

... Since when do horses drink tea, actually?

"I think we were supposed to get back an hour ago."

"So we were. Shrug." In replacement for the actual gesture, she states it aloud - horses would literally have to stand on their hind legs to shrug, and such a gesture would probably throw you off her.

Earth and the wolf had talked for a while, as you half-listened, half paying attention to the strange decor of the room. For instance, is water hemlock not an extremely poisonous plant? Why would someone have it as a potted plant? Shadow had been willing and happy to answer your inquiries, though most of his replies consisted of 'it seemed like a good idea at the time.'

After an hour, though, you had departed, on the back of your horse companion. The ride has been going smoothly so far - it is only evening, and you still have plenty light to see by.

Suddenly, though, Earth stops. For a moment, you think you have already reached school, but you soon notice that in front of you is, in fact, a library. "I believe the druid school consists of more practical application than real learning. Would you like to read here, to make up for that?"

You consider the offer. You have the strangest tendency to spend hours reading when you do at all, meaning you might lose some sleep. But at the same time, you could use the knowledge.

Enter the library or go back to school?
(Optionally, what specifically do you read?)
Last edited by Piefan on Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:53 am

Read some books! Read something non fiction. Maybe something about the wizards and druids war?

✦oh worm✦

✦i'm currently selling c$ wigs on my trade topic for cheaper!✦
✦please click on the link below for more info!✦

diary trading topic diary discussion
retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFabulousHorse » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:26 am

Read boooookkkssss about animals and how they act/where they live/characteristics.
Or about wizard stuffs..

Player #593 on FFH - Come find me!

TheFabulousHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trickszy » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:23 am

Instead of that, take around half the library with you for 'light' reading.
ImageImage
⊱ ————- ❈ ————- ⊰
trickszy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nevermind. » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:10 am

Aquadoglover wrote:Read some books! Read something non fiction. Maybe something about the wizards and druids war?

I agree with that.
(By the way, I really like this idea. c:)
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 17 people.
I have received 13 gifts.
nevermind.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trickszy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:41 am

*Take half of the library's nonfiction supply for 'light' reading.
ImageImage
⊱ ————- ❈ ————- ⊰
trickszy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Piefan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:42 am

Author's note;;
I'm running out of multiple-choice turns in the story help

There probably will be less stupid ones once we reach more exciting parts in the plot though.
Stats wrote:Inventory
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Multiple books
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Relationships wrote:Earth Beat
Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Shadow
Leader
[/quote]

Well, you can probably survive a day with less sleep. Besides, Amaryllis and Ajax are unlikely to notice your absence - and if they do, they won't care. Pulling open the door, you enter, trying your best to seem inconspicuous. People here have the strangest tendency to find a thirteen-year-old wandering around at night odd. Thankfully, if there's anything you're good at, it's remaining unseen.

You notice, to your surprise, that Earth Beat is not with you. You call out telepathically to her, and her response sounds distant. "These people won't take well to a horse barging into the library, and I doubt you'll need me." That seems like a reasonable explanation, and you let the conversation end there.

Turning, you look for the nonfiction section, finding it easily. It is, in fact, right in front of the entrance. You gain a nagging feeling in the back of your mind that this building's arrangement is possibly the most terrible one you have ever seen, but you ignore it.

With a shake of your head, you look through the shelves, then pull out a book at random. Its cover reads, in dull grey text, "Druids and Wizards - A History". How convenient; something focusing on the exact subject you were thinking of. Trotting briskly to a table, you take your seat, opening the tome and scanning over its pages.

"A long, long time ago, far before the era we know now, there lived two humans. One was a man, by the name of Daniel, and the other was a woman named Anastasia. Although these two had none of the powers we do now, they lived happily, content with their simplicity. They were different in many ways, but one thing they had in common was their curiosity.

While Daniel was interested in nature and the animals around him, Anastasia preferred learning about the more intangible aspects of the universe; things such as gravity or energy. This did not invalidate their friendship, and they went along well.

After a while, they seemed to be gaining magic related to their passions - Daniel learned-"

Your immersion in the book is broken when Earth's voice cuts through your thoughts. "You know, we don't need a library card to check books out." You pause, placing the book down on the wooden table, as realisation dawns upon you. One would think you would have figured that out.

[center]***

"Wake up!" says the unmistakeable sound of Amaryllis's voice. "I think your classes are ridiculously early, and I'm not actually sure why you chose them, but then you already chose them, so yeah. Wake up!" When you open your eyes, you find that she is directly in your face, nearly scaring you to death. You yelp in shock, instinctively swinging out a fist. It hits her in the face, and now she yelps.

"Sorry about that," you mutter, standing. Amy stares at you, rubbing her nose. Although you feel guilty, you can't dwell on it much longer. Quickly getting dressed, you leave. But then you pause, turning back. You're fairly sure her nose is bleeding now. Damn it.

Morally speaking, it was your fault, and you really shouldn't have stayed in the library anyway. You also happen to have decent knowledge on how to treat this stuff. But then, rules state that you should never be late for class, and if you don't get there right now, you'll be breaking them.

Do you follow morals or rules?[/center]
Last edited by Piefan on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:45 am

Morals o3o be a bad bruh and skip a class.

✦oh worm✦

✦i'm currently selling c$ wigs on my trade topic for cheaper!✦
✦please click on the link below for more info!✦

diary trading topic diary discussion
retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFabulousHorse » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 am

Morals :D

Player #593 on FFH - Come find me!

TheFabulousHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me