❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby polysaccharide » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Character dialogue or details about the surroundings?
    dialogue is a lot easier for me. i constantly have monologues in my head, but am never aware enough of my surroundings to practice mentally describing them oops.

What is the most important part of developing a world?
    societies! if you know the structure and culture of a story's setting, you can determine how the characters react to different things. plus they're really fun.

Do you take any inspiration from any specific writers/media?
    tv shows are my must tbh. i watch a variety of shows, and it gives me a lot of ideas for characters/worldbuilding. not any specific writers, though. i haven't read a book in months, anyway, so i couldn't name any authors i've read recently. i blame it on my depression

What's your favorite part about writing?
    i. can. do. anything. if i want to write a romance between a tree and a water bottle, who's to stop me? i can do whatever i want! i can share the storms in my mind with others without rambling for 50 minutes! it's amazing!

Do you carefully plan out your story or make it up as it goes along?[
    sometimes i plan out a story. mostly i don't. that's why my stories never go anywhere. i start with an idea, then get another and another and another and next thing you know i have five short writings with no endings because i forgot them all.

What is your favorite way to get ideas for writing?
    car rides + music = daydreams. daydreams + motivation = writing. i love it. i also love using writing prompts because they give you a predetermined situation! you can do anything with it!
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherubim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:26 pm

soul . wrote:/ popping in to say that a fanfic thread would be awesome. I am writing a fanfic for NaNo, so that would be fun to discuss it. ^^

yo I reckon that would be awesome too! a lot of my works revolve around character building with pre-made characters/canon characters because I love to have a base. and I'm lazy :')
        also I adore your M.A.S.H themed profile omg--

anywhomst
        I got a question for you guys (again)
        what do you prefer to write with/on? digitally? hand written? on a word doc? google docs? something else?
        I personally prefer hand writing mine and then transferring them to a word document and THEN saving them on my google docs account haha
cherubim

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:31 pm

crepuscular. wrote:anywhomst
what do you prefer to write with/on? digitally? hand written? on a word doc? google docs? something else?
I personally prefer hand writing mine and then transferring them to a word document and THEN saving them on my google docs account haha[/list][/size][/list][/list]
Sometimes stories need to be recorded with pen and paper, but I usually use Word! It's sooo good; I missed it when I switched computers, but now it's back 5eva, baby! XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:32 pm

crepuscular. wrote:
        anywhomst
        I personally prefer hand writing mine and then transferring them to a word document and THEN saving them on my google docs account haha

I write it in word then translate it to wattpad when I'm happy with it.

@wren
Your worldbuilding is looking really good. My laptop doesn't like google docs, but from what it did load it looks really good!

Ugh I'm so overdue another chapter to 10,000 Doors whoops. I'm gonna blame the fact that I've been trying to work out if I have any exams on the weekend (the Friday and Monday that is) of Download festival to see if my friend and I can go because the line up so far is incredible, and they've only announced the three headliners.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:38 am

so, i just finished watching the movie it's a boy girl thing (would recommend; it does have some ableist language tho) and i was reminded of how much i love bodyswap stories! i'm suddenly overcome to write about a million of them! it sparked a question:

Code: Select all
[b]what are your favorite cliche story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc) in writing or film?[/b]
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:47 am

what are your favorite cliche story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc) in writing or film?
Does that one where the character is told to lay down all their weapons and they gone on for ten minutes removing small but deadly items from their person count? Cause that is great to see. (And I've used it)
I also like that one where a person finds another universe/land and go exploring in it and it's all cool.
I'm sure there are others that I like but I can't think right now.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:19 pm

What are your favourite cliché story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc.) in writing or film?
I honestly hate most of the cliché things in anything because I just find it a bit boring (no offence to anyone who's used any or I going to use any, I probably have too tbh!!). I'm just bitter like that :D Maybe one of you could write a really good one and change my mind :lol:
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:35 pm

I think that there are little cliché tropes used in every story. Some of them stink, but the ones that appeal to us, we don't even realize that they're cliché because we're too busy enjoying them.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:42 pm

What are your favourite cliché story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc.) in writing or film?
TheSongOfTheStars wrote:...the ones that appeal to us, we don't even realize that they're cliché because we're too busy enjoying them.
😜
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherubim » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:54 pm

what are your favorite cliche story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc) in writing or film?

hoo boy, so, if any of you know me (which you probably don't), I gush on and on about the "enemies→friends→lovers" trope. I love it so much, even if it's cliché. don't even ask me why, who knows. I also adore time loops! they're great, plus the whole sci-fi aspect can kinda come into play there. coffee shop romance is adorable as well, but I wouldn't write about it to be honest.
x
x
x

┌──────────── (☀) ────────────┐
❝ 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ❞
🕊 wren 🕊 they/she 🕊 sylvain's wife! 🕊
lover of birds, poetry, and fire emblem
take a gander at my writing

└──────────── (☀) ────────────┘
cherubim

My pets
My items