.:.Again.:. New poll, page 23

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Rokko needs a main weapon

Just go with the original, I liked those
20%
Emei Daggers seem really cool!
20%
a halbred, stave, or spear like weapon
No votes
Deer Horn Knives or knives from his knuckles
40%
a chain weapon, like Flying Claws
20%
just keep the pistols (but backstory!)
No votes
an electrocuted whip, like that guy had in that Iron Man movie
No votes
other (comment please)
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: .:.Again.:.

Postby Rooster Cult » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:44 pm

so the other day I went to sing Karaoke with my buddies and came across some songs which had always inspired me to write for Again, also another buddy was talking to me about her novel and i just thought "I have to show her mine! even though it's crap!"
so anyway, I have become inspired again and decided to draw and write a bit more

And then I decided to post a TEASER PAGE. This is how Ahzzya and Rokko are probably going to meet
little teaser for all my favorite dorks ^///^ wrote:Every other flight of stairs was a door labeled with a number. The numbers each descended as Ahzzya laboriously brought the suitcase down step by step. 7. 6. That was the floor he was supposed to go to, but he had to drop off his suitcase. He let out a groan. He had to go down four more flights of stairs and then back up? He trudged forward, annoyance prickling along his spine. 5. 4. 3. 2. The stairs descended onward, but he couldn’t see much further. The lights seemed to dim as the world descended into darkness. Ahzzya’s curiosity was overshadowed by a complete lack of motivation. It’s not like he wanted to walk any more than he had to. He opened to door to see a large plain room filled with small, neat beds. Trunks sat at the base of each one, some opened to see clothes, remains of smuggled snacks, and other possessions. Bedside tables with lamps and alarm clocks sat at the side of each bed. He started down the rows, his wheeled suitcase dragging besides him, thumping with every tile edge it passed over. Upon further inspection, the room wasn’t as clean as he had expected. Dirty clothes had been kicked under beds, the covers were rumpled; he even saw the corner of a magazine under a pillow. On one of the trunks he saw an old cow stuffed animal. Dirty and well used, curiously his hand reached forward to touch it. Certainly they didn’t bunk girls and boys together, but was there really someone young enough to own a stuffed animal. His fingers picked at the cow’s ear.
“Please don’t” An unfamiliar voice cut through the air sending a jolt of fear through Ahzzya. He jumped back.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t know that… this cow is yours?” His phrase melted into a question as he saw the boy. He was laying on his back with his arms crossed over his eyes. Blue hair fanned out from his head, and he looked older than Ahzzya.
“My little sister’s. She gave it to me for Christmas a while ago.” He said. It made sense, Ahzzya guessed, he didn’t have any siblings, but he supposed young ones would give childish presents.
Ahzzya shrugged, “I’m, uh, new here.” He started. “I came to find a place to put down my luggage but I don’t know which ones are and aren’t taken.” The boy with the blue hair took his arms off his face and pointed to the bed to the left of him. It was much neater than most other beds and there were no personal belongings. Ahzzya gave a murmur of thanks as he began unpacking the suitcase into the trunk. The less time he had to spend with “everyone else on the sixth floor” the better. Even the thought of crowds mad him hate this place more. Then a thought occurred to him. “Why are you just laying down here when the guard said everyone would be on the sixth floor?” Ahzzya asked, pausing with a folded shirt in his hand.
“I felt dizzy.” He said. “I thought I was going to pass out, so I was allowed to rest for a while.”
“Are you sick?” The question came out harsher than Ahzzya had meant. Luckily the boy just let out a mirthless laugh.
“Nothing contagious.” After that the conversation came to an awkward silence. Ahzzya finished packing his clothes and a few sheathed knives. Then he saw something he didn’t remember putting in his bag. A picture from before his dad left. The three of them stood hugging each other, happy smiles shining on their faces. Just like his own memories, the corner of the photo showing Ahzzya’s dead was faded and unrecognizable. Ahzzya pushed the picture to the bottom of the trunk beneath his clothes. All too soon he was finished unpacking. The thought of meeting with others filled him with fear. What if they were like the people in his school? The thought of having to deal with that abuse without a home to return to sent panic through his heart. Ahzzya sat on the bed and looked at his hands partially covered with his usual gloves.
“Aren’t going to go now?” The boy asked, not rude, just curious.
“I-I don’t like to be around a lot of people.” His voice cracked slightly as the end. He cleared his throat and looked away. The was a grunt and the creaking of the bed as the boy say up, his eyes, half closed in a squinted fashion. “Hm. My name’s Rokko.” Rokko yawned as he stretched out his hand to Ahzzya.
“Ahzzya.” Ahzzya to the hand in a firm shake. The fingers were cold and long. His hand felt thin, almost skeletal, though surprisingly strong. It reminded him of his mother’s hand. Now Ahzzya could actually look at the boy. Rokko looked… sick. His skin was pale, cold and grey, like a corpse. His long blue hair fell flat and lifeless over his shoulders, the roots at the top looked to be a dark grey. But the most striking feature, were the eyes. Clouded blue, like Rokko was going blind, but they were focused like a predator’s, locked on Ahzzya’s eyes.

and here is a little illustration of Rokko being sleepy
cute sleepy Rokko

and sadness you can tell an author's favorite character by the amount of pain she puts them through
----
Rooster or Ruce // Autistic // any pronouns
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:13 pm

Man, this story is awesome!! I'm so glad I saw this :D
I absolutely love your style, and it's a really good storyline! Well done! :D
I'm totally stalking all your other topics on this from now on :lol:

your art is really good too

I'm so gutted you're not posting the sequel though...
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Cult » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:16 am

Thank you so much Ranger, I am always so pleased to know that people enjoy my work enough to read it.

I do have my reasons for not posting the second part which I said before but I'm happy you want to see it
----
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:35 am

Awwwwww, precious Rokko <3
Don't be sad.
I swear you break my heart every time anything Rokko comes up.
Also, I love his jagged teeth. They make him look less human - in a good way, of course ~

I always love your art, you can really see the emotion in the characters.
ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Oo I'm taller than Ahzzya >XD
Korom's a teensy bit taller than me
And Rokko's an inch taller than me

don't ask why I know this; I'm weird like that XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Cult » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:13 pm

ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ wrote:
Don't be sad.
Also, I love his jagged teeth. They make him look less human - in a good way, of course ~

He has a cow plushie so it's better now

Ranger of the North wrote:

Eh, I don't need to ask why, I wrote all the heights
----
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Smol Birb wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:

Eh, I don't need to ask why, I wrote all the heights

I don't know myself why I bothered to figure it out, though XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:30 am

Smol Birb wrote:
ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ wrote:
Don't be sad.

He has a cow plushie so it's better now

It's never better with Rokko.
ᴍᴀᴏᴄɪғᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rooster Cult » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:54 am

Ah geez 5 YEARS LATER
It has been hard to get motivation for this story, but I have been trying.
as evidence, I have been really wanting to draw the cover, but don't really know how to go about it. I sketched up a couple of ideas and was hoping you guys can vote for your favorite up in the polls.
I need to do more to interact with the community that was built up with this story. Buuuuut I procrastinate too much.
Note: all of these are really basic sketches
Idea 1

idea 2
Inspired by lessonlesson who drew fanart for him with wings a while ago.

Idea 3

Idea 4

Idea 5

Idea 6

Idea 7

Gonna be honest, 1 and 5 are my favorite. But I still want to make sure whatever design I choose in the most interesting or intriguing.
----
Rooster Cult

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .:.Again.:. New poll, page 23

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

1, 5, or 7 (:

I think 1 might be slightly better than 5 and 7, but I so far I haven't been able to narrow it down more than that :p
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me