A Different World - That of the Rat

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Why do you like this story?

I don´t
No votes
Because it´s about rats
80%
Because it´s well written
No votes
because it has an interesting plot
No votes
Other
20%

Total votes : 5

Re: A Different World - That of the Rat

Postby Charias » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 pm

It's pretty cool! I love how it's about rats, it's very unique! Good job! :D
Charias

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Chapter 6

Image Image Image Image Image

"It´s the same one." Feah whispered, shocked.
The others turned to stare at her. Tarana turned her head to the side in a questioning manner.
"The same one?" She asked. "What do you mean?"
"The one that attacked Nana." Feah answered dully.
The others turned back to the dead rat.
"You were right," Sio said. "It´s faint, but there is definately her scent on him- and the scent of Zabex..."
"Do you think it was Zabex who killed him?" Tarana asked.
"Don´t say that!" Sio shouted. "Of course it wasn´t! Why would Zabex want to chase him all the way here, just to kill him!"
"I guess you´re right..." Feah said. "Zabex stayed with us after they left, remember? There´s no way it could have been him..." she knew that the others could feel her uncertainty.
"Well then, maybe it was that other Warrior!" Tarana said. The image of the young Warriors terrified eyes flashed in Feah´s mind.
"No- I mean- no. There´s just no way..." Feah stammered. "Sure, he seemed pretty angry, but- it was one of his own subordinates..."
"Don´t forget, they are Warriors. You never know what they might do." Felix said matter-of-factly.
The wind picked up, and they realized that it was carrying the scent of more rats toward them. And not just any rats; the stink of the Warriors was unmistakable.
They all stayed still for a while, unsure of what to do. There were only a few of them this time, so they would probably not attack... But then again, why take the risk?
Then they saw them. There were only three of them, but they were heading directly in their direction. Or rather, in the direction of their dead comrade.
"So it was them!" Tarana spat.
"Let´s get out of here." Feah squeaked. She turned around, but was stopped by Sio stepping on her tail.
"Stand your ground. Don´t let them sence your fear." He whispered. This was exactly what they had always been taught, but it was much easier said than done.
"Sio! It doesn´t always work that way-" Feah was desperate. All she wanted was to get away from here. Why had they stopped here in the first place? A dead Warrior. So what? Warriors died all the time! There was nothing that interesting about it! She´d seen her share of dead Warriors already. She´d never cared before. This one should be no different. But somehow, even though she kept telling herself that, she knew that this one was different. This wasn´t just any Warrior. This was the Warrior: the one that had attacked her Trainer and friend. Knowing that he had payed with his life did kind of make her glad... She sighed. "Okay, fine. We´ll stay."
When the Warriors arrived, she could see that the one in the front was the same one from before. What was his name again? Oh, right! Kavan!
At first, Kavan´s expression seemed empty. Then it turned to recognition. He turned to the two rats behind him and said something to them. Feah strained to hear, but it simply wasn´t loud enough. The two others nodded. One was the same age as the young Warrior, and the other seemed about the same age as Kavan.
"What are you doing here?" Kavan´s tone didn´t seem the least bit intimidating. In fact, it almost seemed like he was worried about them. "You´re the rats from earlier, aren´t you? Are you okay? You´re not injured, are you? Should you be running around after the incident earlier-" He stopped himself to regain his composure. Once again, his face was blank.
Felix and Sio flinched. This was definate proof that the females had told the truth, and they didn´t like it one bit.
Feah started to think. Maybe some Warriors were actually okay. Kavan certainly seemed pretty decent...
Kavan´s eyes wandered to the dead rat next to them. Then he looked back to Feah and smiled. Only a tiny smile, but it was still a smile.
"He´s not going to bother you ever again."
And with that, Feah´s imaginary world shattered. A decent Warrior? What was I thinking? He killed his own subordinate! Of course there is no such thing as a decent Warrior! Now Feah felt ashamed for having even considered the possibility of liking a Warrior.
"Don´t worry about it. I´ll clean this up. You can go back home if you want to... " Kavan seemed completely oblivious to the Hunters´ hatred. He walked toward the dead rat. The Hunters stepped back in disgust. Okay, there is no way he doesn´t notice. He knows! He knows, but he simply decided to ignore us! Feah was enraged. Why did he even bother pretending to be nice in the first place!?
Kavan stopped at the dead Warrior´s head.
"Hey Turi! Help me carry him!" The older one of the two other Warriors flinched in surprise. He pulled his stare away from the Hunters and hurried over to Kavan. His ears stayed angled toward them, and when Felix moved, he flinched. Why ishe so jumpy? Kavan is much more relaxed. It was freaking Feah out too.
"Well then, let´s go." Felix said. As they walked away, Feah could feel herself relaxing a little more with every step she took away from the Warriors.

Image Image Image Image Image

Read my newest story, Ricekagure: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=2416413
Collection City: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1889365&p=58661597#p58661597
Read my true story about a stray dog: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=797402&p=20143783#p20143783
And here´s my fictional rat story: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=889005&p=22810405#p22810405
I´m giving away free pets. Read my trade rules to find out the details.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:
♠ The world is round, it has no point. ♠
♠ Value the present moment, for it is all you will ever have. ♠
♠ Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. ♠

I learned an awesome new word! Defeatism - I am a defeatist. :D
animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 am

I made a banner! :D I´m so proud of myself!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=889005][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/dg57hf.jpg[/img][/url]

I also need names for the rats, so if anyone knows any good names, please tell me.
Read my true story about a stray dog: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=797402&p=20143783#p20143783
And here´s my fictional rat story: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=889005&p=22810405#p22810405
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:
♠ Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. ♠

animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby animalobsessed1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 am

Chapter 7

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Feah and Tarana returned to the Nest empty handed. When she saw them coming, Nana jumped up and rushed over to them. Xylon was still there, but he just stayed where he was.
"There you are! Where have you been? I wanted to tell you something, remember?" She seemed pretty excited. "Xylon, come over here!" She called her mate. When Xylon had slowly ambled up to join them, Nana started trying to introduce them, but was inrerrupted by Tarana.
"We know who he is, Nana. We´ve already met. He´s your mate."
"Oh..." Nana said,surprised and disappointed. She had obviously looked forward to this moment, and had expected it to be a lot different.
"We´re very happy for you though!" Feah tried to raise her spirits.
"Okay, well... there´s something else I need to tell you too. All of you." She said, turning around to look pointedly at Xylon. He looked up, surprised. "I will be moving to the nursery in a few days, so that means..."
"Wait! Are you saying you´re pregnant!?" Feah, Tarana, and Xylon all shouted, startled by this news. It seemed they really would need to find a new Trainer.
Nana grinned. "Yes! I´m so excited!" then scowled and added "But will you quit interrupting me already!"
"Sorry." They all bowed their heads.
"... so that means that I want the two of you to take the Hunters´ Test in two days." Nana finally managed to finish.
Stunned silence.
Then, once they had had a little time to digest this, they exploded, jumping up and down, pushing each other and Nana around, squeaking like crazy, and most importantly, laughing.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Not finished yet!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Favorite Quotes:

animalobsessed1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me