Pekee Pamoja Pride from Ukumbi wa Paradiso

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Writing Prompt A7

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:02 pm

A7 : What sort of hunting style does your pride employ to survive in their territory’s environment? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)
    Pekee Pamoja's hunting group consists of lions and lionesses. The ruling king and queen decided they wouldn't keep the hunting strictly done by the females. Some of the males showed just as much skill in hunting, rarely even better as in Sefu's case. The mix of using both boys and girls to hunt adds a little bit of brute strength with agility. The chief hunter (or huntress) meets with the royal adviser and the ruling queen to discuss where in the valley they should hunt. Or if the prey is scarce, which region they can safely hunt in. When the party departs for a hunt, the chief leads the group to the decided area that had previously been discussed with Tendaji and Asha. Once they reach the location, the chief scouts for a target. When one has been selected it will be shared with the rest of the hunters and they will strategize as a group how is best to take down the prey. It's all about communication from here on. Everyone has a part to play. Sometimes in larger herds, the males will race in to thin them out while the females spearhead toward the target to bring it down swiftly. For bigger prey, the lions are usually the ones running in to bring it down while the lionesses wear it down with paw swipes and quick bites. Communicating is what is key to a successful hunt. If something happens they hadn't planned for, the chief will call out orders to accommodate.
(253 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A25

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:21 pm

A25 : How would your pride respond to a natural disaster(s)? Flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, forest fire? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)
    Natural disasters do happen, even in the haven of paradise. The disasters are different, heavily dependant on the season and the region in which you are in. Since the majority of the pride resides in Ukumbi wa Paradiso the biggest issues for them would be brush fires during the hot summers and possibly flash flooding during the wet season at the beginning of the year. They're not common, but they have happened. Brush fires can start at any time. With the grass so dry and the sun so hot it's not surprising it catches fire. The pride often deals with these fires by requesting help from one of the migrating herds that make stops at their magical pond: elephants. Elephant herds often cross the valley to get a drink from the pool that never empties. Now during the wet season, the exact opposite can happen. It can rain for days at a time and rain hard. This causes flooding in the valley. This is a little bit harder to handle since there's no way to drain the water or dump it out somewhere else. In the case this happens, the pride leaves the valley and takes residence up in the Jaribio ruins that are in the Kikoa cha Zamani region. They return to their home a day or two after the rain has passed. Kuni za Mkondo is also prone to flooding due to its many lakes. Maeneo ya Kufa region often deals with drought during the summer, the river dries up completely. As for the snowy region of Msitu wa Baridi, avalanches and blizzards are the most common occurrence.
(270 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C8

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:34 pm

C8 : How are cubs treated within the pride? (150 word minimum)
    Cubs in the pride as viewed as opportunities. They have the potential to be anything they want to be and can work on skills that would help them achieve the role they wish to fulfill in the pride. Without them, the pride would have no future. Parents are encouraged to help their cubs understand the different roles in the pride so when the time comes for the Kuja Kwa Uzee they can have an idea of what to expect. Some cubs are trained to be better suited for some roles better than others. Most cubs, however, just do what naturally comes to them during the test and are assigned the role that best suits their skills. Though the ruling king and queen do have a cub of their own, all cubs (and other members of the pride for that matter) are viewed as their own. Stray or abandoned cubs are taken in with open arms.
(155 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt D2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:50 pm

D2 : Write a 400 word scene/story of your choosing involving your pride members
    "Why are we walking around the valley so early, dad?"
    Imamu glanced over at Akida who was pouncing from left to right at nothing in particular. The king smirked with a swell of pride as he watched his young son showing his playful side. Definitely one of his traits being portrayed. "I wanted to show you the lands."
    The prince stopped pouncing and looked up at his father. "You've already shown me the lands."
    "Yes, I know, but soon you will need to know all of this without me showing you. You will be king of these lands one day." The father observed as his son seemed to take in these words with consideration. Not it was his mother showing through. Even at this young age, he understood how serious this was. Imamu smiled softly. He wasn't sure he would be ready to be a father. When Asha had approached him about how having an heir would secure the bloodline and make the pride's future more stable, he full-heartedly agreed. It was a duty to the pride. But more than that, he wanted to start a family with his beautiful mate. His queen. When she told him the news she was carrying, he couldn't have been more excited for them. The grin he wore on his face lasted a whole week. As it got closer to the day, he started to grow nervous. It was a feeling he didn't like and wasn't used to. What if he wasn't a good father? What if he couldn't be the strong leader his child would need him to be? How could he be a parent when he felt he himself was still a child? Of course, Asha had reassured him whenever he would voice his worries and concerns.

"I have no doubt you'll be a wonderful father, Imamu."
    He was pacing around the den, his tail twitching occasionally. "How can you say that with such confidence? What if-"
    "Hey."
    Her soft voice made him pause and turn to her. She was gazing at him with a loving look. He took a breath and gave a weak smile. Padding over to her, he leaned down to gently nuzzle her which she returned affectionately. She had often taken to resting since her belly was so swollen with child. Imamu lay down next to her and gently rested his head over her bump. He loved to feel when the cub moved. Asha spoke up again once he was settled.
    "I know you'll be a fantastic father because you're a fantastic mate. If you care for them half as much as you care for me, you'll do just fine."
    He felt her lick his cheek. Turning to face her better, he gave her an appreciative smile. "You always know just what to say to make me feel better."

At the time they were unaware if it would be a boy or girl or even how many there would be. They had hoped for a couple. But perhaps it was best to start with one. Both were new parents and their child would be expected to have responsibilities even as a prince or princess. Now that his son was here, he wouldn't trade anything for this. He loved Akida with all his being. Akida and Asha both were his life. Imamu focused on the prince again and noticed he was no longer pouncing but walking with his head held high, shoulder back. Assuming the role of a true prince. A king to be. He gave a half-smile and shook his head a little. He'd have to let Akida know that he could still have fun even if he was royalty.
    "Hey, Akida." The cub turned and cocked his head slightly.
    "Yeah?"
    "Let's play a game." There was a sparkle of mischief in his eyes that had Imamu smiling wide. Yes, this young prince would make a wonderful king one day.
(652 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt D2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:36 pm

D2 : Write a 400 word scene/story of your choosing involving your pride members
    Firyali and Nuru lay on the grass not far from the royal den. They had set up a play date for their cubs and even had the young prince with them. Asha was hesitant at first but ultimately agreed so she could tend to her duties without distraction. The two lionesses mingled quietly as they watched over the six cubs playing together.
    Khamisi was the oldest by a day. He had siblings of his own but they lived with his father. He was still too young to understand anything about why he was here with his mother and not with his siblings. Not that he was bothered. He had plenty of friends to play with here.
    Akida, the young prince, was the next oldest. He didn't often play with the other cubs, being coddled by his parents instead. Though he didn't mind the attention and love. When he did get to see the other cubs, he felt like a normal lion. No responsibilities. Just a cub.
    Kito, Kamili, Jahori, and Kenyada were all the same age and born about a week and a half after the other two boys. Kito was the largest of the litter and took after his father. Kamili was curious but preferred to stay on the sideline of things. He was a good blend of his parents. Kenyada was second biggest despite being the last born. He was considerate like his mother but had his father's charisma. Jahori often felt left out and not because of her unusual third eye. Being the only girl of six cubs was exhausting. They were all brutes.
    The cubs were currently playing tag. The four siblings were a little slower since they weren't as big as the other two but they were still enjoying themselves. Mostly.
    "Ow! It's tag, not tug," Jahori exclaimed when Khamisi pulled on her tail. The pale orange cub scrambled backward.
    "Sorry! It was an accident." The slate cub glared unconvinced but was quickly pulled back into the game her brother Kito barreled past her.
    "I thought we were playing tag," he called out as he passed. The onyx cub was baiting Khamisi to come get him. Taking the bait, the oldest of the cubs got back into the chase. Spotting an unsuspecting target, he grinned and headed in the direction of the cloud gray cub. Just as he got close enough, he reached out a paw and tagged Kamili.
    "You're it!" With a laugh, Khamisi pranced away. Kamili almost looked startled when he got tagged. Standing there a moment looking lost, he tried to see if there was someone he could tag. He didn't like being "it." His porcelain brother approached with a half-smile.
    "You can tag me if you want, Kamili."
    Noticeably relieved, he reached out and tagged Kenyada. "Thank you."
    "No problem." Now that he was the one tagging, he looked around for the one he wanted to tag. "Better watch out, Akida. I'm going to be coming for you!"
    The prince laughed. "I'd love to see you try! There's no way you're going to catch me."
    "Maybe not by myself." Turning his gaze from the charcoal cub to his sister, he caught her eyes and she knew just what to do. "But I think I just might be able to if I had a little help."
    Perplexed, the prince slowed though not enough for Kenyada to catch up. Instead, Jahori came rushing in to delay Akida in any way she could. Realizing a little too late what was happening, the prince grimaced.
    "That's not fair."
    "We play to win!"
    The cubs continued to run around after each other, laughing and squealing with delight. The two mothers watched with smiles on their faces.
(620 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A29

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:15 pm

A29 : What does a lion’s roar mean to your pride, culturally? A sign of intimidation, victory, mourning? (150 word minimum)
    It really depends on the situation. A roar can mean any number of things. The roar most often heard around Pekee Pamoja is one of celebration. The spring, autumn, and winter seasons all had a holiday or special ceremony that would be celebrated. All of them were started off with a roar by the ruling king as way to signify the ceremony or holiday had begun. This roar was loud but short, simply to grab the attention of the members present. This may be the roar used most but it wasn't the only one. Another that can be heard often is similar to the first. A rallying roar of sorts. This is used by the knight captain, the royal guard captain, and the chief hunter when assembling their groups. This roar is also short but isn't nearly as loud, more at half volume. A roar of victory might be used after a successful fight, starting with the king and then followed by any warriors alongside him. This is loud and long, often repeated two or three times in succession. Soft roars are reserved for times of mourning. These are low and long, almost similar to howling.
(196 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A4

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:17 pm

A4 : What allegiances does your pride have? (With npcs, rogues, other user prides, other creatures?) (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

The lions of Pekee Pamoja have a rather unusual alliance with a pack of wild dogs that reside in the Kuni za Mkondo region of the valley. The pack lives in the Pakiti ruins and mainly stays within the trees but sometimes wander the plains of Ukumbi wa Paradiso when hunting. The leader of the dogs was named Gadisa. The pride sometimes deals with him when discussing herds or more often when handling hyena trespassers. The dog pack had about thirty members at a time. Somewhere past the borders of this region resides a pride known as Pride of Safiri's Oasis. Not much is known about them but the pride hopes to be on good terms with them. If you follow the river or the riverbed depending on the time of year that is located in the Maeneo ya Kufa region, you'll eventually reach a lake that is within the boundaries of the Kuroi pride. Little is known about them also. Again, the pride hopes to make friends. Past the grass in Kikoa cha Zamani there lies a desert. Here the Motoheri pride can be found. They don't seem to keen on being friends at the moment as they're wary of newcomers, but Pekee Pamoja is hoping to patch things between them.
(212 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A6

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:44 pm

A6 : What sort of faith does your pride have? Do they have gods? (150 word minimum)

The Pekee Pamoja pride has a polytheistic religion. Generally, they're referred to as deities but they do have more specific titles depending on what they're the deity of and also have personal names. Sometimes multiple. These deities don't have defined genders but some look more feminine or masculine and as such decides if they're called gods or goddesses. The highest of all is 'iilah alkhalq or God of Creation. This lion is massive and is said to have been the creator of all lions. 'iilhat aldamar, or Goddess of Destruction, works in tandem with the God of Creation. She is seen as a necessary part of life, sometimes being referred to as the goddess of death. In addition to these parent deities, there is a deity for each season. 'iilhat alshita' the winter goddess, 'iilah alsayf the summer god, 'iilhat alrbye the goddess of spring, and 'iilah alkharif the autumn god.
(151 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C1

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:58 pm

C1 : Who is the second in command of your pride, what are their duties? (150 word minimum)

While the ruling king and ruling queen are separate ranks, they work as one effective role in the pride. They are both considered the first in command. Should something happen to one or both of them, the pride would then appoint the founding queen in charge. She may not have command over the pride while the ruling couple is in position but she is still responsible for looking out for every member. Since Firyali isn't really much of a leader she would probably request help from the royal adviser, her mate Tendaji. He's much better at the commanding bit of ruling. In his current rank, he would already have a good idea of what to do. He deals with most of the pride alongside the ruling king and queen on a regular basis as it is. As things are, Imamu and Asha should have a long and healthy rule so there isn't a concern for Firyali to take over. Tendaji would be seen as second in command right now since, as stated before, he knows as much about the pride and its members at the ruling couple.
(187 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:14 pm

C2 : What is the relationship between the king/queen of the pride and its 'lowest' ranked member? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

Currently, as the cubs don't hold a rank, the lowest ranking member would be Ubatili who was the lone civilian of the pride. She doesn't have any duties to the pride. Her relationship differs depending on which ruling royal she's dealing with. Imamu, the ruling king, doesn't mind her. He doesn't often deal with just her but on occasion when he makes rounds to visit members he will run into her. Usually, she can be found lounging and relaxing. Or complaining. It was very obvious she was self-absorbed. Imamu didn't let it bother him. Despite her snooty attitude, he could tell she was passionate. Especially when she was doing the things she loved.
    Asha, however, is rather annoyed by Ubatili's behavior. As a lion who had a really tough upbringing even to the point of if her life was even a possibility, it got rather tiresome to see another take everything for granted simply because she had everything handed to her on a silver platter when she was younger. It wasn't jealousy. Asha would never trade the life she had for it had taught her things she wouldn't have learned any other way. She was sure Ubatili was nice when she was in a good mood but preferred to keep her distance.
(212 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me