Stormclan's Writtings - RISE - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Pet Names (Complete - 603 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:38 pm

"Hey Thistlespot..." A small chocolate point tom looked up at the larger, golden tom. Curiosity gleaming in his eyes.
"Why do you hate kittypets so much?" He takes a quick glance up at thistlespot's face, before quickly lowering his head and shuffling his paws on the ground. Weary of the answer.

Thistlespot pauses for a heartbeat. The question had caught him very off guard. He never thought he'd have to explain such a thing and to a kittypet, no less. He stumbles over his words for a few moments, trying to find the right words to say before he sighs. He knew it was impossible to hide forever. Hanging his head, he gives up trying to hide his shame.

"It's... It's because I used to be one." His face goes red, now embarrassed at the thought of ever being something so pitiful. He turns his head away, unsure of how the smaller tom would react.

Dovecall cocks his head, confused about what thistlespot had just said.
"Huh." was the only noise that he could give as a reaction to such startling news.

Suddenly, he realizes something. If thistlespot was a kittypet, then he must have been given a kittypet name.

Fur now rising out of excitement and now having a bounce in his step.

"So... You were just like me? What was your kittypet name? Oh please? You've got to tell me!" Dovecall now bounces around thistlespot in circles, unable to contain his excitement. He pleads with thistlespot, hoping that he will tell him everything about his experience being a kittypet.

Thistlespot's face drops as dovecall asks him this. His fur rising from the question and having to remember the horrid name he was given at such an early stage of his life. He can only stare blank-faced at dovecall, memories flowing back to him.

"Thistlespot?" Dovecall's excitement now grows into concern. He prods the golden tom with a paw, making sure that he is still with him.

"Sorry, I uh..." Thistlespot stammers a bit, brought back to the present by dovecall's incessant prodding. He readjusts his posture to a more upright one, making sure to seem like he didn't just completely disappear for a heartbeat.

"It... It was Junebug." He grumbles to dovecall, clearly seeming regretful to tell him such precious information that could easily become blackmail in the wrong paws. He scans dovecall's face, hoping he wouldn't find it too amusing.

Dovecall pauses yet again, shocked at the name. He then begins to giggle a little.

"Okay, okay. You've had your fun. You can stop now." Thistlespot gives a warning hiss, annoyed that the cat he mentored was finding it hilarious. This was exactly what he was afraid of.

But dovecall's laugher only grows, louder and louder until he can't contain it anymore and collapses to the ground, wheezing from laugher.

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up." Thistlespot rolls his eyes at dovecall, tail now beginning to flick back and forth and growing restless.

"Well if mine is so funny, what was yours?" He half hisses at the chocolate tom who is now regaining his composure.

Dovecall sits up now, no longer laughing.

"Bartholomew." Dovecall stares straight into thistle's eyes, matching his gaze. His face now completely serious.

Thistlespot could only stifle an expression of complete disbelief. Dovecall got something so cool and fancy, while he was stuck with something as wimpy as "Junebug".

"... I hate you." Thistlespot growled, before getting up and heading back to camp. He couldn't believe such a thing.

Dovecall just giggled, happy of his new ability to tease the warrior that was always so hardy and proud.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Wolf's steps (Complete - 885 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:39 am

How can something so magical and precious cause someone such fear and dread?
Wolfstar often wondered this herself. However, she wondered it more than ever now that she had to tell her mate the news.
Fear coursed through her pelt from ear to tail tip, but she knew that it must be done.
How would he react? She hoped he would be fond of the surprise, but she can't be so sure about such serious matters.
She decided that now than ever would be the best time to tell him.

She shifted her gaze from the entrance of her den to the large black bundle of fur beside her. He seemed so peaceful right there next to her. She couldn't help but smile to herself.

She let out a small sigh, before gently pressing a paw to his shoulder. She shook him gently so that he would wake up.
The black mass gave a small groan, sounding a bit dazed at first and unsure of why it was being awoken at this time of night.
"Smokestep I..." She pauses, worry clear in her eyes and voice. She had no clue how he would take it but she had to tell him sometime. "I have something I need to tell you something... important." she gestures with a flick of her ear to the den entrance.

The black tom looks up at her sleepily. Something didn't quite seem right to him. She wouldn't normally wake him up this late unless it was something very important. He rises from the nest that the two of them shared. He proceeds to shake his pelt, trying to clear the sleepiness.

Once more alert, he looks at his mate intently, scanning her. He then realises something is very off. Her eyes, usually a vibrant shade of hazel, now glistening with worry. Tears forming in the corners of her eyes, something that he could tell she was desperately trying to push back. He set aside his own worry and gently strode over to her, nuzzling her cheek.
"Of course, my dear." He gently whispered to her before starting to pad towards the den entrance.
His voice full of only love and compassion for the she-cat that he adores.

So far so good, wolfstar was surprised at just how calm he was being. This reaction filled her with hope that he might just be calm about the news too.

Full of adrenaline, she leaps forward and out the den, stopping for smokestep to catch up once he came outside of the small cave to join her. Once she's sure she has his gaze, she lifts her head up to the lookout ledge to signal that she wants to sit up there to talk. Smokestep nods to her, gathering that his mate wanted to sit to the spot she she just gestured to.
They both slowly stroll their way up to ramp-like rocks to get to the ledge. Their pelts gently brushing against one another on the cool, windy night.

The two cats finally get to the top and sit down, cuddling each other so that they are protected by the chilly weather.
"Now, you wanted to talk to me about something?" Smokestep looks down into wolfstar's eyes. His eyes searching hers and trying to gather more information that she might not be willing to share.

"Yes, about that..." She stutters, trying to hold back the emotion from her voice but failing to do so.
She sighs, suddenly regretting her decision to tell him now but knows it is too late to say it's nothing.
"I... Am expecting kits. They're yours." She blurts out and immediately looks down at her paws, afraid of his response and not wanting to look up to see an upset expression on his face.

"Wh- What?" He stammers, surprised at what he had just heard from his mate. Him? A father?
"Finally! I get to be a dad!" He yowls into the wind, delight in his voice and his smile spreading from one ear to another. He couldn't have smiled any wider if he tried.

Wolfstar gives a happy sigh, glad that he took it well. Her gaze suddenly shifts from her mate's ecstatic grin to the cold, dusty floor.
"I don't know if I can do it... To raise a family and be leader? What if I'm not ready?" she cuddles into his chest, shaking from both the fear and the cold breeze of the night. She felt so unsure and so nervous, it already took a lot out of her to be a leader. But a mother too? What if it proves to be too much for her?

She felt the dark shadow move closer to her. It eventually stopped, pressing its forehead to hers and giving her a gentle lick on the top of the head.
"I promise you that you'll do just fine with this. Just like you always have with everything else. I'll follow you through everything and anything, regardless of the outcome. You have my word and my heart." He bows to show respect and that he still has faith in his leader, regardless of the choice that she picks.

Wolfstar smiled, relieved. She couldn't have picked a better mate if she tried.

Maybe being a parent wouldn't be so bad after all.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Friendly Threats (Complete - 598 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Thistlespot never really knew what brought him to the side of the oak pool, but he knew there had to be some sort of reason for why he had arrived at this place. A place that he had not seen for a good while and would prefer it to be kept that way. Painful memories of his escape not too long ago still remain in his mind.

He took a step closer to the water, taking a good look at his own reflection for a swift heartbeat. At least he looked nothing like his treacherous father, that much he could be glad for. Instead, he had inherited his mother's beautiful rosette pelt, one of which that he will always wear with pride. He may not have known her beyond his 5 moons that he spent with her, but he held no resentment for her giving him away. It had to be done to ensure the survival of his siblings and he knew as much.

A snap of a nearby twig interrupts the golden tom's thoughts, making him more aware of the current moment rather than obsessing over the past. He takes a moment to stop and sniff around, curious about the snap. That didn't sound like a small prey animal. It couldn't have been for it sounded much too large to be. He stalks around a tall oak tree, catching the scent of... fish? That can't be right. Confused, he checks the scent again to be sure.

"Hiya! How ya goin'?" An overly enthusiastic mew stopped him in his tracks. Did it come from behind him? But how could this cat possibly have sneaked up on him?

Startled, he jumped for a moment before whipping around. He tries to hide his shock, not allowing the intruder to think for a moment that she had scared the large tom. His face now plastered with a snarl and eyes gleaming.

"What are you doing here? This is stormclan territory." He spat, claws at the ready in case she turned on him.

"Oh well y'know, was just walking around here. Ya see?" The small mink point had a sparkle in her eyes that intrigued thistlespot. For a moment he got lost in them. Her voice was smooth, yet elegant. This she-cat didn't seem like a regular rogue or loner. She was so friendly and seemed so full of life.

Thistlespot stared at her, curiously. He tilts his head, his once rage-filled stare now shifts to a friendlier one.

"You don't seem to be afraid of me, why is that?" His eyes not daring to move from her, in case she tries something on him.

"I'm not scared of you guys." She shrugs, nonchalantly. Thistlespot was astounded by her answer. She must either be very brave or very foolish. He couldn't decide which yet.

"You ever seen the other side of the oak pool?" He flicks his ears towards the opposite side of the water, where he knew that there was a small, peaceful clearing.

She shakes her head, not seeming too familiar with the territory.

Good, he thought to himself. She hasn't been in the territory for too long. Maybe none of the other clan cats have noticed her presence in the territory just yet.

Thistlespot gestured for her to follow him, deciding to take her on a small walk to see what makes her tick. Maybe he could figure her out better if he knew more about her.

The she-cat takes a small glance behind her, before deciding to follow the intriguing stranger deeper into the thicket of oak trees.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Storm For Two (Complete - 700 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:02 pm

Thistlespot races hurridly to the meeting point that they had agreed on, fear and anticipation for the new arrival sparking through his pelt. Hair on end and bursting with adrenaline, he felt like he could run forever if he had to just to meet up with her.

He finally arrives at the spot, panting and out of breath. looking around, he tries to see if he can spot her. At first, he saw nothing. A small mew caught his attention and his head whipped around to face it. His eyes grew wide and bright after realising just what he was seeing. His mate now curled up around a small kit. His kit. He stifled a purr, bounding over her and giving her an affectionate lick on the forehead. He then goes to inspect the kit. A small dark thing that had its eyes closed, only just born.

He couldn't help but notice that the kit had the same structure that he had, large and well-muscled, despite how small the young thing was. He nods at the small body, approvingly. He turns to face the she-cat who is now staring up at him with a large smile beaming across her face.

"Karen... It's so good to see you again." He pauses, looking down at the small kit that is lying right next to her. "And with our kit, no less. I couldn't be any happier." He purrs before going to lay down beside her to watch their kit, who still had their eyes closed and was suckling at the mother's stomach.

Thistlespot watches the kit for a few heartbeats before an idea came to him. A name, this kit needed a name and a strong one at that.

"I don't suppose you have any ideas on names for them?" He flicks his ear to the kit, who is now pawing at his mother's stomach.

"Well, I was thinking something like tansy for the boy. What do you think?" She cocks her head to him, curious of his input on the name.

Thistlespot wrinkles his nose in disgust for a moment. That name for his kit? No way. He wanted something more fearsome to fit his large stature, something that would fit what he would become.

"Hmm how about razor instead?" He gently suggests, weary of her answer but trying to sound as calm as possible so that he wouldn't set off a fight.

Karen rolls her eyes. She didn't want the kit to have such a tough-sounding name. She somehow needed to persuade thistlespot to change his mind on the matter.

"No, I feel as though it's too rough for him. How about Blossom?" She brushes her tail gently over the kit, who lets out a small, startled squeak from the sudden touch.

Thistlespot shakes his head, that simply wouldn't do. He had to come up with a compromise.

"I don't think that works for him. Would Shard do?" He looks down, shuffling his paws, his tail starting to swing back and forth. He was growing a little impatient at this point, feeling as though his son wouldn't have a name that he would like.

"I see you're not going to quit with the harder names. Fine. How about... Thunder?" The small mink she-cat looks away from the larger tom, trying to hide the anger in her voice.

He looks thoughtfully at the small tomkit, thunder... He looks like he could be a thunder.

"Thunder... I like it." He purrs, rather pleased with this name. A name that could strike fear and sounds powerful, yet also pleases his mate.

The she-cat nods, happy that they were able to come to an agreement. It wasn't her first choice, but it was a name that she liked for the small tom and thought it seemed fairly fitting for his grey pelt.

Thistlespot gets up from his resting spot, excited to gaze upon his new kit. He slowly steps towards the little male, trying his best not to frighten him.

"You hear that little guy? Your name is now thunder!" He gives thunder a small, yet loving lick on the head.

The small kit gives a small squeak, seeming happy with his new name.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Of Ice and Snow (Complete - 641 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:14 pm

The crescent moon had never looked brighter on that cold winter night. Icewing was lost in thought, happily cuddling with a tom that was the colour of a cold winter's day. The moonlight glowed against their fur, making it shine a light shade of luminescent blue. Everything felt just right here, in that small cove. Just the two white cats swaying their tails and entwining them in the soft, gentle breeze.

"Hey snowball," the young she-cat looked up at the snowy white male, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. "What's your thought on kits?" Her blue-amber eyes looking up into his, searching for an answer. Glazing with shock, his icy blue eyes stare back at hers, pausing. He doesn't seem like he quite knows what to say, perhaps lost for words for what was only a brief moment for snowball, yet it felt like a lifetime to icewing.

"Well you know I... I've never really thought about it." He looks around, thoughtfully. "But I guess I wouldn't mind them." He purrs, lowering his head to hers to give her a playful headbutt. Relief floods through her body, her tail giving a delighted curl.

Icewing smiles, glad of his answer. "Well I guess that's a good thing," she trails off before giving his ear an affectionate lick. Maybe he won't be too frightened of the news after all. It took all her strength to muster up the courage to say her next line. "Because well... I think we're going to have some." Her voice shakes a little, fear starting to set in as she realised just what she had said.

The white tom raises his head slowly, giving a startled expression at such news. "You mean you're... Expecting kits? We're expecting kits?" He shuffles his paws nervously, yet excitement and anticipation clear in his icy blue eyes. His hair starts to rise, preparing to stand on end out of pure excitement.

"Yes snowball, yes we are." Icewing cuddles up closer to her mate, thankful for his warmth and acceptance. She knew that he would always have her back, no matter what. This family would be perfect and everything that she could ever want.

Snowball couldn't hide his anticipation for what he had just heard. He leapt to his feet, jumping around in excitement. Icewing was startled at first, but then realised that he was just excited for the arrival of their kits. He looks back to her, giving an apologetic look. He quickly joins her back again on the grassing clearing floor, his fur beginning to settle as he regains his composure.

"I'm sorry I'm just..." he pauses, looking for the right words to say. "I'm so happy that we can have our own family together, just you and I." He flicks his tail at icewing's belly. "And the kits too, of course." Nuzzling into her fur, he couldn't help but stifle a purr of happiness.

Something sparked deep within her at that very moment. She had never loved him more and was so glad to have him. No one had ever made her feel the way he did. Happy, accepted and always having someone to listen to what she had to say was all she ever needed to feel complete, but he gave her so much more than just these. She couldn't hold in her love for the tom any longer.

"You know, I love you very much, you big doofus." She chuckles, giving him a playful push. He shakes his head and gives a big, fake sigh. "And I love you just as much, my little mouse brain." He gives a gentle push, careful to not knock her stomach. They knew they'd love each other for as long as they could be together.

No matter what their kits would be like, she knew they'd both love them with everything they had.

Icewing, donor for Snowball - A solid white tom with blue eyes (Not counting towards word count)

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rumbling Cinders (Complete - 612 words)

Postby WolfstormSC » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:01 pm

Wolfstar tossed and turned in her nest. The pain in her stomach was next to unbearable, yet it wouldn't stop coming. The convulsions, the surge of what felt like fire going through her whole body. Soon it would be over, but not soon enough for her.

"Just one last push wolfstar, do you think you can do that for me?" Icewing mews gently, knowing it must be hard for the ginger she-cat. She gives the ginger she-cat a stick to hold between her teeth, giving her something to bite down on as the pain continues.

A black tom anxiously paced nearby, not so patiently waiting for the new arrivals. He was nervous for both the safety of his mate but also for the safety of his kits that were about to be born to this world. He tried to get into the nursery, but icewing wouldn't allow it. She would block him and answer his efforts with a quick "not now smokestep, later." Before going to assist wolfstar again.

Wolfstar nodded her head to icewing's question and tried her best to give one last push. Her whole body shook with the effort, but she managed to do so. The pain began to subside, but a wave of exhaustion began to wash over her.

She had succeeded in giving birth to two of the clan's newest members. A black she-kit and a red tom-kit. Both were rather large for their age, no doubt they inherited their size from their father.

"Smokestep, you can come in now. Your children are ready to meet you." Icewing dipped her head to wolfstar, knowing that she must be tired from the effort. She checks her over one last time to make sure everything was fine before retreating to her den to start other preparations.

The black tom hurriedly steps into the nursery, his eyes glowing in excitement. He wasn't sure what to expect, but he couldn't help but bounce in joy at the thought of what he might find in that small yet comfy nest. As he approached the nest, his footsteps came slower, wolfstar seemed tired and he didn't want to disturb her too much. He gently peered at his new family.

"Kits! Our kits!" Smokestep gently curled around wolfstar and his new family, delighted that he is finally a father. He licked wolfstar's forehead, trying to make sure that she was okay from such a grueling task as giving birth. She licks his cheek back, showing appreciation for the worry.

But one thing was missing. These kits didn't have names yet. Smokestep peered down at the small bodies again. A large, orange tom-kit and a large black she-kit, they were perfect. One similar to him, while one was similar to their mother.

He gestures at the black she-kit with his tail. "How about cinderkit, after her cinder coloured pelt?" he purrs.

Wolfstar nods in approval too tired to respond with her voice but still conscious enough to make such an important decision.

That's when the two of them heard a noise. A faint, low rumble of a purr. At first, they didn't know where it was coming from. The two looked around for a bit before they then realised that it was coming from the young orange tom.

"Huh, the little guy is rumbling. How about rumblekit, for his rumbling purrs?" Smokestep smiled to himself, proud with the effort that he put into the name. Wolfstar chuckled, amused by the idea.

"That sounds purrrfect." She gives a raspy whisper back to the dark pelted tom that she had grown such fondness for.

The two finally had what they always wanted. Their family was now complete.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Love challenge - Prompt 1/30 - 639 words

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:59 am

Love challenge
Wolfstar x Smokestep
Written pieces should be 350 words - 639/350 words (1/30 complete)
1. Love at first sight (or not)

Smokestep didn't think anything of it at first. He was just exploring to find a place he could call his own, just as any other cat would in his position. That's when he spotted a glimpse of her, that long, ginger pelt that sparkled in the sunlight. He always adored the colour of that pelt and thought that it was the prettiest thing. Normally he would run away when he spotted a cat, but this time would be different. He couldn't pass up something like this.

Slowly, he sneaked his way over to the elegant figure, trying his best not to make a noise and scare them away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minding her own business, wolfstar thought it might be a good idea to patrol on herself for once, as she hadn't done many warrior duties for her clan and felt as though it was a good way to contribute more to the clan. She was taking her time and enjoying the sights of the forest, she hadn't been out here for a while and had almost forgotten just how beautiful it was.

She turned at the sound of a cracking twig. That didn't sound like any prey that she knew. She stalked over to investigate, but was quickly met with a large, black tom. His eyes glimmered with curiosity and a spark of friendliness that was easily recognizable. This cat didn't want to hurt her and she realised this almost immediately. He was so... Big and fluffy, yet gave off a majestic look that she found admirable. He was rather handsome to her.

Slowly she backed away, lost in his eyes but at the same time, she felt confused. Why did she feel this way? What was this feeling?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She was even more beautiful up close, but smokestep couldn't tell her that. He didn't want to be weird and so upfront with her. He instead, wanted to get to know her better.

"Don't be afraid little one, I promise I won't hurt you." He tried his best to speak in a gentle tone. He wanted to make sure that she felt safe around him. He could only think of one way to show this best. He slowly dropped to the ground, laying down and gently coaxed the ginger tabby over to him.

Wolfstar quickly realised that he was trying to be friendly. She slowly padded back towards him, still with a hint of caution in each step. She didn't want to make a wrong move and have this giant tom attack her. He looked friendly, but she still had to be careful.

"So, tell me what brings you here." He gently whispered, quietly humming to himself in an attempt to seem cheerful and friendly. It worked for wolfstar.

"I... I'm wolfstar. Leader of stormclan. We are a clan of cats that adhere to a strict moral code, given down to us by our ancestors. We aren't much right now, but we are building the clan." She stammers at first but quickly regains her composure. Pausing for a moment, she gets lost in thought. "Perhaps... You'd like to join us? We could really use the help." Her cheeks start to go red at the mere suggestion of having the tom join the clan.

Him? Joining a clan? Well, that could work.
It was certainly something different for him, but he kinda liked the idea of that. Plus he would get to live with this cat and hopefully develop things with her if he gets the chance.
"Alright, I accept your offer." He mews, eyes full of excitement. This could be fun.

Wolfstar was shocked that he wanted to join. Maybe he could be useful. He seems gentle and polite enough. Wolfstar looked him up and down one last time, before nodding to him. He would be a fine new addition to stormclan.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Love challenge - Prompt 2/30 - 424 words

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:37 am

Love challenge
Wolfstar x Smokestep
Written pieces should be 350 words - 424/350 words (2/30 complete)
2. Sharing a secret look

She was his leader, so why couldn't he stop staring? He was lost for words and stunned whenever he saw her, yet he was able to play it off and act cool most of the time around her. He looked to her again, she couldn't be any more stunning to him. She was perfect and everything he could ever hope to find.

Wolfstar caught his gaze. Oh no, why was he staring? Did he figure out that she liked her? She quickly looked away, trying to hide her embarrassment. No, this isn't right. She was a leader and her sole purpose was to serve her clan. She had no time for petty relationships with others. But yet... She took another quick glance at him, this time he was looking away, grooming his fur. He just had this appeal about him that she just couldn't get enough of.

But no, she had to get on with her duties as a leader. She called over to thistlespot, giving him deals for patrols and hunting parties for the day. This was her task and she was bound by the warrior code to do it.

"Oh whoops, she caught me looking." He quietly mewed to himself, a little embarrassed. He quickly goes to groom his pelt, trying to keep his quickly rising fur down. He had to hide his nerves. The last thing he wanted to do was to be exiled for staring at the leader too much. But he just... Couldn't help it. She was stunning.

He continued grooming his fur until it had flattened a bit more, his nerves starting to fade as he worked on this new task.

Dovecall strolled up, amusement gleaming in his cool blue eyes.
"You know, we can all see it." Dovecall gently chimed, playfully butting at smokestep's shoulder.

"Oh, whatever do you mean?" Smokestep hid his worry under a playful tone, hoping that the small tom hadn't caught on. Dovecall just rolled his eyes, he seemed to enjoy watching these two.

"You know, you're going to have to tell her how you feel eventually." Dovecall gestures to wolfstar with a flick of his ear, who is now talking to thistlespot. Giving the daily orders and arrangements, no doubt.

"One day, dovecall. One day." He sighs. Not just yet, he had to wait for the opportune moment. It was too soon. He didn't want to come off as creepy. He started padding off towards the camp entrance, planning to go into the forest to catch his daily share of a meal.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Love challenge - Prompt 3/30 - 372 words

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:33 am

Love challenge
Wolfstar x Smokestep
Written pieces should be 350 words - 372/350 words (3/30 complete)
3. Whispering a secret

He had to do it. He had to talk to her. They haven't talked since he first joined the clan, but they had been sharing distant looks at one another from afar. They both knew that they wanted to talk to each other, they just never had the time to with wolfstar needing to do all of her leadership tasks. He also realised that she was a bit shy around him? He tried extra hard to be gentle and friendly with her, but realised that she got even more shy because of this. He felt a little unsure of what to do because of this. Maybe he should just work up the courage to finally talk to her.

He got up from his resting spot, now eager to make a move. He spotted wolfstar walking out of her den and realised that this would be the perfect opportunity.

"Hey wolfstar!" He calls over to her. "Can I have a word with you?" He couldn't hide the smile that always came across his face when he saw her. She gave such a positive glow of emotions whenever he saw her.

"Smokestep... Of course." Startled at first, wolfstar was confused as to what smokestep could possibly have to say to her. Perhaps he was going to confront her about the stares that she kept giving him. Oh no. Wolfstar's heart filled with dread.

He got close to her ear, making sure that only she could hear what he had to say.

What smokestep said next, she could have never been prepared for.
"You know, I've always had a fondness for kits." He shifts his gaze to thunderkit, flicking his tail in the direction of the young tomkit.

"You? Kits? I would never have thought." Wolfstar looks thoughtfully over to thunderkit, watching him play with the other kits. She never expected smokestep to be the soft, fatherly type. But perhaps he could be after all.

"I think that's rather cute." Wolfstar took a glance at him, she couldn't help but admire the dark pelted tom.

"You really think so?" He couldn't help but let out a purr at her comment. Him, cute? No, he could never be. But he wouldn't mind if she thought so.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Love challenge - Prompt 4/30 - 399 words

Postby WolfstormSC » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:30 am

Love challenge
Wolfstar x Smokestep
Written pieces should be 350 words - 399/350 words (4/30 complete)
4. Blushing

Over the next few moons, smokestep and wolfstar engaged in more friendly talk and got quite close. They eventually became best friends and could share anything and everything with each other. Well, that is, except for one thing.

"Hey smokestep, are you ready?" Wolfstar scanned the clearing of the camp, trying to find the dark tom that she had become so familiar with. She couldn't see him anywhere. Perhaps he was still resting? She went to check the warrior's den to be sure. Just when she had almost given up, she found the large shape of smokestep in his nest, resting. No doubt he was tired from their midnight hunt the night before. She prods the shady figure, trying to wake him up from his slumber.

"Wolfstar? Oh! Uh hi there." Smokestep was confused at first, unsure of what was happening. He then realised that he had overslept for their training session and wolfstar had gone to wake him up herself. He immediately jumps out of his nest and tries to hide that he is flustered, but it is too late. His cheeks are a bright shade of red.

"Awww come on, don't tell me you've forgotten already!" Wolfstar huffs, slightly upset that her best friend would forget such important matters. They had spent moons planning a training session for today so that smokestep could teach wolfstar a few of his sneaky moves that he was good at.

"No, I uh... I just overslept. I'm sorry wolfstar." He looks down, shuffling his paws. He can't tell what he is more embarrassed by, sleeping in and missing a training session, or going bright red and blushing. He shakes his head, trying to regain his composure. He gives wolfstar's ear a gentle lick.

"Well how about I make it up to you? You, me. Right now." Smokestep moves closer to wolfstar, flicking his tail to the direction to the camp entrance. He would take her on that training session that he promised, then go and catch her a shrew, her favourite prey.

It was wolfstar's turn to go red now. She didn't expect the ear lick and got caught completely off guard. Becoming a stammering mess for a few heatbeats, she quietly nods her head and agrees to smokestep's offer.

The two swiftly head to the entrance of the camp, both excited for the practice that they had been planning together.
Last edited by WolfstormSC on Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

He/him or They/Them
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes