Notebook Chronicles

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Notebook Chronicles

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 12:21 pm

The Hunt

Hunters had caught him. He always ran from them, but this time it wasn't enough.

Now they had him.

His horn had been torn by their wolves and blood trickled down his hair and matting it into clumps.

They were nasty beasts.

The hunters had thrown a net which had heavy boulders at the end to pin Alberic to the ground. Flattened on the ground, they had pinned his wings down with pitchforks, successfully immobilizing him. Howling and thrashing about, the wounds worsened and his captors roughly bound his arms and legs with thick brass chains.

Sitting in a cage behind the carriage, the captured boy rested from his wounds. He had snowy hair, but it was hidden under all the filth and grime which gave it a dull brown look. His golden eyes shone like the sun's rays in the dim light. He hardly wore anything because of his wings, now injured, prevented him from putting a normal shirt. Chest exposed, swirling vines moved around his heart where they spread out wherever they pleased. He wore tribal pants and a scarf around his waist. His feet were bare and dirty.

His laboured breathing was all he could hear beyound the rusty squeak of the wheels.

The carriage slowed to a halt.

A stern looking man came . In the front the coaches preened while accepting the bounty money. The man unlocked Alberic's cage with a small silver key. Reaching inside, he roughly pulled at the chain and which made the boy stumble out.
Last edited by LaurelLeaf on Mon May 16, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Scar

The blade had already cut deeply into his eye and within his cheekbone. Blood was running freely down his face. His eye was completly ruined. Both his eyes were tightly shut in pain. With his right hand, he tightly pressed on the wouded eye to stem the flow.

"Let me help," Sai murmured.

His eye snapped open and he snarled, baring his teeth in a savage grimace.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 1:07 pm

Carer

As a baby, Charlie would be prone to uncontrollable crying jags. He would cry until his voice was hoarse. Kaleb would try anything he could think of, changing Charlie's diaper, a bath, feeding him, he wasn't even teething for heaven's sake!

According to the doctor, Charlie was a perfectly healthy baby.

Kaleb grew more and more worried. So he did the only thing he could think of, he sang to baby Charlie until the episode ended.

As Charlie grew up to a toddler, Kaleb grew woried because the boy still didn't talk.

To encourage the boy to talk, Kaleb would often talk to him about anything and everything. Keleb would murmur old forgotten songs at night. Charlie would look up to his guardian and drink his words. He would stay quiet to hear the voice of his dear friend.

"Stay," Charlie's voice was hoarse from disuse, but to Kaleb it was a relief to finally hear his high childish timbre.

The boy didn't talk much after that, but when Kaleb would look troubled, the boy would speak a little as the man had done all those years ago.

Kaleb had noticed that the fits had stopped, because Charlie would cry less and less.

At night the boy would wake up and come sleep beside Kaleb. Quielty and at a distance as if he thought the man wouldn't notice. Kaleb would pretend not to notice after hearing his heart wrenching sobs. Kaleb would make it so that in the morning Charlie would be snuggled and safe in his arms, as if he could chase away the boy's misery.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Words

He didn't like to talk. He was always awkward with words. He didn't know how to put in words, in sentences the feelings he felt or the thoughts he thought. Actions spoke better than words after wall. Patterns, that he could rely on. He speak only when required or when silent facial acrobatics couldn't. People thought of him as misanthropic, but all he wanted was to calm the molten lava burning in his chest. Rage was his only companion in the presence of people. Every little noise only worsened his pain. Being alone had mostly satisfied him. Or so he thought. Every little breeze only made the inferno bigger.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 1:45 pm

Ghosts

"Charlie," a voice said tersly.

The little boy looked up from the work sprawled on the desk. He was in a classroom sitting on a hard wooden chair.

"What are you doing here, we have to find Sai!" Kaleb said angrily.

"I don't want to go back to her," the blond boy said in a hushed whisper.

The door oppened, interupting the two. A man entered the class and spotted them. The little blond flinched when the teacher looked in his direction. Kaleb raised an eyebrow at Charlie's reaction and turned around to see the man.

"He can't see us, you know."

To prove his point, he called, "Hey, you!" and waved his hand in front of the teacher.

The teacher frowned for a moment, but continued his path. He passed through Kaleb and headed towards his desk.

Charlie, still disconcerted, hopped off the chair and hurried to Kaleb.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Nickname

Adder, it was a nickname she went by because of her uncanny resemblance to one.

Alexis had coined it because as a child he couldn't pronounce properly her given name. At first she had been angry because she thought he was mocking her as the other children did.

She would hiss out her "s". Her lisp was when the mocking had started and it had all degenerated from there.

Then, they cruelly mocked her because of her bizzare appearence. She had the palest skin, it was almost see-through. Her hair was ebony and that had a red glints. Her gaze was the most unsettling though, it was a glittering gold shade. The most interresting thing anout her physionomy was her unusual lack of temperature. It was as if she absorbed the ambiant heat or lack of it. It left her quite cold in winter.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Friend

The beast looked like a mongoose although a very distantly related one. In fact, only its slimness could be attributed to it. Its facial features resembled like the one of a young kitten with its huge eyes and plastered ears. Its claws weren't retrractable though unlike cats. Small goat horns were growing on its temples.

All in all it was a strange creature Alberic had stumbled upon on one of his many tree hopping adventures.

The strangest creatures lives in trees, he thought
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 3:33 pm

Running

Alberic's bare feet dug into the earth in a mad dash for his life. His breath came in short gasps as he rushed into the forest. Twigs snapped and leaves rustled. A white blur followed by a couple of brown ones disturbed the quiet chirping of the birds. He was tiring, his persuers were closing in on him. His lungs were burning, his eyes were watering and his feet were blistered and full of cuts as he was stomping in between the trees. Jaws snapped at his heels. A jolt of pure fear shocked him, making his limbs clumsy. His legs trembled interror as he heard the joyful barking. Remnant of adrenalin pumped his exhausted muscles.

He tripped over a tangle of roots. He scrambled to get himself up, but his body was too numb by fear to respond to him.

Three lupine beasts emerged from the bushes, snarling and growling. They were flanked by a hunter armed by a crossbow. He was aiming it at Alberic. The teen flared his wings in an attempt to make himself look more menacing, but had made himself a bigger target. Before he could take off, the hunter aimed and shot Alberic's wing to the tree with a wet, hollow thump!. He howled in pain. His markings were moving frantically now, coiling and covering his skin. He was turning into a dark mass of veiny flesh. The hunter quickly shot Alberic's other wing and he cautiously approached the beast boy. Alberic lashed out baring his teeth in an terrible grimace.

Alberic reached to pull the arrow out, but the wolves were on him, snapping at him whenever he tried to move. Alberic fixed his attacker with a heated glare. The teen furtively looked at his surroundings, looking for some kind of help. Seeing his distraction, the hunter expertly hit the teen on the temple, knocking him unconscious
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Piper

Colin was getting tired when he reached the clearing in the woods. He heard the howling now, only it had turned into a high airy sound of a wind pipe. It's jolly beat made Colin's feet thrum with the need to move. The clearing was filled with dancing children of all ages from the adventurous toddler to the most childish adult.

They were moving in tandem to the music of the enchanter. Circling and howling along.

Colin couldn't resist the lure of the song. His feet joined the moving bodies and he felt his mind grow murky until he could only hear the wind pipes. Colin was completly immersed in the tribal dancing of themany children when the music grew louder. In his unfocused state Colin had only glimpsed a small stature of shaggy black hair, hunched, dancing in the middle of the circle of children. The figure was alone save for his trailing cape. Now that Colin was aware of this child, he couldn't seem to shake off the impression that he knew him.

It was with that strange sensation that Colin felt his mind clear a bit. He had stopped dancing and was now openly staring at the wild boy through the moving bodies of the dancing children. The figure in the middle looked like a boy, with his small stature and short messy black hair. He had a hood on. His cape was actually a wolf pelt. It was the colour of the blackest of shadows. His clothes were a dirty faded brown of filth.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LaurelLeaf » Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Changeling

Changeling hopped from house to house, whimsically becoming the child of the household and when routine crept on him he brough back the original child from the eather.
LaurelLeaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me