The Imagination Station.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The Imagination Station.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 pm

Yay!
I mean... oh. yeah. sad. heh.
thank you. :D
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"I'M BATMAN" "No... no you are not."

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:03 pm

(Floki's challenge number 36)

Grandpop and Nana were the first to meet Micheal. To tell you the truth, I was a little afraid to introduce my boyfriend to my parents, and I thought that if Grandpop and Nana knew and liked him first, Mum and Dad would be more accepting of him.

In any case, I think we were both very nervous when Mike pulled the car up beside the large house. The sight of the house helped to calm me - I loved that place. Micheal had no such luck though.

"They're not... they're not scary?" he asked, not letting go of the steering wheel. I shrugged.

"It depends on what you think scary is," I said. "Come on."

Nana answered the door, beaming at the sight of us.

"Come in, Laura dear. Grandpop's just popped out for a bit, he'll be back soon. Ah, is this the young man we've all heard to much about?" She flung the door open wide, and soon were were sitting around the kitchen table, eating homemade cookies and drinking hot chocolate.

Mike seemed to relax almost at once, cupping his cup in his hands and talking with Nana. They seemed to get on very well, but he hadn't met Grandpop yet.

"So what was it like in London?" Nana asked. Mike had just returned from a visit overseas - and since we had only just made our relationship official before he left, my family hadn't had a chance to meet him. I had picked him up from the airport that day.

He grinned.

"It was awesome!" he said. "I enjoyed every bit of it, I'd love to go back."

"And next time you'll have to bring me," I said, jabbing him in the side. He grinned at me.

"Naturally."

I smiled back, wondering how I could have been so lucky to have him.

The door was pushed open, and Grandpop entered the room carrying a bag and wearing a batman mask.

"Hello love," he said in greeting to Nana. "Guess what, I'm Batman!"

"No. No you are not," Nana said with a growl. "Take that silly thing off."

Grandpop pouted and stood behind me for protection.

"No," he said stubbornly. "Hello, Laura. Whose your friend?"

Nana had picked up the newspaper on the table and rolled it into a stick. She waved it at him in mock anger.

"Now listen here," she said. "Laura brought her nice boy to visit, you wouldn't want to scare him off, would you?"

"If he's scared off by Batman, he isn't worth much," Grandpop said scornfully. I cast a look at Mike, but he was grinning.

"Oh come here you!" Nana growled, rushing towards him, brandishing her newspaper sword. Grandpop handed me the bag of shopping and darted around the table.

She chased him for a few minutes, before he allowed her to catch him and pull off the mask. Then he kissed her.

They convinced us to stay the night, since we had another few hours drive to go before we returned home. Later that night, when we finished watching a movie -batman, of course - I looked back at them. Nana had fallen asleep sometime during the movie, resting her head on Grandpop's shoulder. He was half asleep himself.

Mike pulled my hand into his.

"One day, that will be us," he said quietly.

I smiled, leaning back into him. I don't know why I had ever worried about introducing him to my grandparents.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"I was a fool to believe..."

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:39 pm

(Flo's challenge number 9)

It was a silent meal around the campsite that night. It was surprising how the absence of one small animal was felt so keenly.

Of course, Squeak wasn't the only one missing. Seeker was fighting for his life inside one of the tents, Green-eyes helping him as best she could. And naturally, Slink was with her brother.

So there were only five - Swiftpaw, Talon, Fleetfoot, Quick-finger and Tree-Jumper - pretending they were eating and staring at the dying flames.

"It wasn't like he was much help to the cause, really," Tree-Jumper muttered, pawing his food.

"Don't speak of him like that," Fleetfoot hissed. "He was brave."

"Why are you speaking of him as if he's dead?" Talon asked. "He's still alive - they both are."

"For how much longer, though?" Tree-Jumper asked. "Squeak's likely to be eaten soon, anyway. He snorted, picking up a lump of bread and staring at it.

"We'll have to rescue him then," Quick-finger said. "He's one of us - right?" The squirrel flicked her tail.

"But Seeker -" Talon began. "We can't afford to try to rescue him without Seeker - or Slink, or Green-eyes. We need all the fighters we have."

"We have to do sometime! Right?" Quick-finger said. "He's our friend - isn't he?"

The others nodded, even Tree-Jumper, who moodily laid down his bread.

"Swiftpaw?" Fleetfoot asked, turning to the otter. Their leader had been silent for the whole conversation, staring at the flames.

"I was a fool to believe..." he began but trailed off. He didn't move, staring into the flames of the dying fire. Dying - just like their rebellion. What had made him think he could lead a rebellion that could kill Lupus? He had failed Seeker - he had failed Squeak. Who was he going to fail next? Who was going to die first?

"There's no point," he said quietly, looking up at the shocked faces around him. Talon clacked his beak, but remained silent.

"What do you mean?" Quick-finger asked hesitantly, as if afraid to do so.

"What can we do?" Swiftpaw asked, burying his face in his paws. "Lupus won the moment 'e stormed the castle. Everything we do is pointless. He's a wolf - he's an army. What do we 'ave? A group of ragged animals, most of who don't work together well." He shook his head. "It's over. Go home."

He stood, kicking dust over the fire.

"Where are you going, sah?" Talon asked, flapping to his feet.

"I promised Squeak's mother I'd look after 'im. I'm gonna try rescue him. I'll likely die, but if not now, it won't be long."

Those remaining around the fire exchanged glances.

"Swiftpaw -" Quick-fingers began, but he didn't react, drawing his sword and moving into the trees.

"Swiftpaw." It was a low voice, a command. Swiftpaw turned.

Green-eyes stood behind the tent, her tail flicking angrily. Her eyes were narrowed and she looked angry.

"Where are you going?" she asked, still using the low, commanding voice.

"I'm gonna rescue Squeak. Then I'm goin' home."

"You're abandoning everything you've built in the last few years?" Green-eyes asked, stalking forward.

"It's pointless, Green-eyes. Every time we strike him, we only fall again. Now Seeker's on death's door, Squeak is captured. What else can we do?"

"You can not give up, Swiftpaw," Green-eyes hissed. "You have brought hope across Tarth. You have given the hope of a future to so many animals. You have not come this far to give up at the first sign of trouble."

"I will only cause deaths!" Swiftpaw cried. "If the animals rise up against Lupus because of me they will only die faster."

Green-eyes lifted a paw and slapped him across the face. He staggered back, rubbing his face.

"Get a hold of yourself, Swiftpaw," she hissed. "They know. They know the risks. Do not betray that trust. Tarth needs you. We need you."

"Maybe you've got the wrong animal," Swiftpaw said.

"I thought you were strong. I thought you would be able to lead us to victory. It seems I chose the wrong animals - coward."

"I am no coward! I just - I can't." He shook. "I don't want to lose anyone." His shoulder sagged and his eyes filled with tears. "I've nearly lost Seeker - I might still. I might lose Squeak. Who's going to be next? You? Talon? Quick-finger? I can't watch my friends die."

"Then don't give up on then," Green-eyes said softly. "They trust you, Swiftpaw. Give them back that trust. Show them you can lead them to victory. And they may die - yes. You might die. But death is a part of life. And if you leave them, they will die faster. They will keep fighting without you - will you fight with them?"

Swiftpaw lowered his eyes and wiped his face.

"I'm sorry. You're right." He took a deep breath, looking up. "I'm sorry." He repeated. Green-eyes smiled, laying a paw on his shoulder.

"You can do it, Swiftpaw. You just need to believe in them. They will fight for you, and we will win."

The otter nodded, wiping the last traces of tears from his eyes. he turned back to the fire and set his shoulders. He couldn't leave his friends - Green-eyes was right. They needed him.

And he needed them.

Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Poor Swifty... It must be so hard ;_;
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 pm

Lol, the batman one sounds like something my guys will be doing when they're old. But poor Seeker, I hope he makes it!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:20 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Poor Swifty... It must be so hard ;_;

Yes... Leading a rebellion is not easy.

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Lol, the batman one sounds like something my guys will be doing when they're old. But poor Seeker, I hope he makes it!

Hehehe, I wanted to do something cute. Yeah, poor Seeker. Spoiler, he's fine. For now. c;
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:52 pm

For now... Ehhg

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:41 pm

aww #36 was really fun and sweet! i like how quirky and easy-going the characters are c:

such a contrast to #9 with such a sombre and serious setting haha
      i like how you present the situation and help us (the readers) see both sides of the story
      i really feel for swiftpaw because the struggle is so relatable!
blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:42 am

blackbird. wrote:
      aww #36 was really fun and sweet! i like how quirky and easy-going the characters are c:

such a contrast to #9 with such a sombre and serious setting haha
      i like how you present the situation and help us (the readers) see both sides of the story
      i really feel for swiftpaw because the struggle is so relatable!

Yay! Thank you :D
I am quite happy with both stories. ^-^
I really should write some more, shouldn't I?...
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

You are my sunshine.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:16 pm

You are my sunshine
(inspired a prompt from tumblr, lots of swearing. Basic gist was person a sings 'you are my sunshine' as person b dies.)

“Dominique!”

The world around her seemed to freeze. Veronica felt herself move, rushing towards the Beta as he staggered back, a blood pooling from the wound on his chest.

“No no no no no no no.” She didn’t even notice she was saying it allowed, she just dropped to her knees beside Dominique and cradled him in her arms. “No no no no no. Please no.”

He groaned, his face a mask of pain. He looked so much like Dominique now, it was like the Beta was gone. His eyes were bright with pain, alive. Whole.

He smiled at her, lifting his hand only a tiny bit before he dropped it back in pain.

“You can’t die,” Veronica said, tears flowing down her face. “Please. Please, you can’t.”

“It’s too… late,” he gasped, gripping her hand. She refused to believe that, even though the blood on his chest was flowing too fast for there to be a chance.

“No. No, it’s not. I won’t let you die! Not now. Please no.”

He smiled and squeezed his hand. He was so weak she could barely feel it.

“You are my sunshine,” she choked out. “My only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey.”

She remembered the first time she had heard that song, resting her head on Dominique’s chest as he stroked her hair and sung softly.

“You are my sunshine,” she whispered, tears dropping onto her chest. She trailed off, unable to sing anymore.

He lifted his hand and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

“Please don’t take my sunshine away,” he whispered, so quite she could barely hear him. He smiled up at her and relaxed.

“No! No please no!” Veronica gripped his hand trying vainly to find a pulse. “Please. No.”

But it was too late. Dominique was gone. She ripped the Beta’s mask off his face and threw her arms around him, sobbing.
Dominique was gone.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me