Of Magic and Nature (Interactive Story)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Would you like a discussion thread?

No, sounds unnecessary
60%
Yes, so as to discuss further actions
40%

Total votes : 10

Re: 8 (Untitled)

Postby retroaqua » Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 am

Which do you choose to do?

I think you should go to another place, library section if there is one. It would be much better if you are alone, she might frustrate you o3o

✦oh worm✦

✦i'm currently selling c$ wigs on my trade topic for cheaper!✦
✦please click on the link below for more info!✦

diary trading topic diary discussion
retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Of Magic and Nature (Interactive Story)

Postby TheFabulousHorse » Tue May 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Go outside, get a breath of fresh air.

Player #593 on FFH - Come find me!

TheFabulousHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

9 (Wolf)

Postby Piefan » Thu May 28, 2015 4:06 am

Author's note;;
Horse behaviour is probably different from how I portray Earth, but I looked it up. Apparently, horses are capable of holding off wolves. Not sure about actually defeating them, but being stomped on can't be good for your bones... (also, the new character isn't supposed to be stupid or rabid or other insults along those lines. He just sticks to his own beliefs.)
Stats wrote:Inventory
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
Stamps

Relationships wrote:Earth Beat
Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Wolf
???

True to your word, you exit, with Earth Beat following behind you, and Amaryllis staying. You can hear her loud voice fading away as you gain distance, and you ponder where to go next. It would be most practical to familiarise yourself with what you will need before anything else, but then, what will you need? "Is there a library here?" you ask, turning to your horse. She just shakes her head.

"Half of the school is taken up by fields. Perhaps try one of those?" she says instead, flicking her tail casually. "I do believe druids are supposed to like them, after all."

You pause, then you nod. You could use the fresh air anyway, or maybe read a book or meditate or something.

A gust of wind sends your hair flying freely. Under your feet is soft, almost springy, grass that spreads as far as your eye can see, an expanse of emerald green. The environment is silent, bare from even the thoughts of one animal save for yourself and your companion, whose thoughts are not intrusive, but passive and calm.

For the first time since getting here, you begin to understand why druids love nature so much - it is tranquil, a quality which you very much value. You sit cross-legged upon the soil, and Earth Beat lies beside you, seeming half-asleep. You doubt she is aware of her surroundings.

You are proven wrong, however, when she opens an eye. Still maintaining her serenity, she states, "Someone is coming." Her tone is emotionless, as plain as day.

A few moments pass before a fiery bark echoes through the field, bouncing off the fences. You reflexively clench your fist and swing your arm forward, as if punching someone, but you hit only empty air. A scowl spreads across your face as you turn around, scanning the immediate vicinity.

Right then, a greyish blur charges towards you. Its movements are as quick as a speeding bullet, and just as straight, like some stupid simile in some stupid story. Your thoughts instantly turn to attack and defense - dodging would be best, especially since you have no weapons, but-

"If you touch her, I will snap your spine and leave your body for the vultures," says Earth, unmoving.

The blur slows down, then skids to a stop. It is a wolf; mostly gray, with brown and black patches. You do not recognise it, and its thoughts are incoherent at first - a mess of sensations and feelings. After a while, however, they begin to meld into words matching your language. Its voice is rough, like... oh, forget it, you've been using the 'stupid simile' joke too often.

"Who are you? I was sent to find Khairina and Earth Beat."

Lie? Ask questions? Tell the truth? Do something stupid?
I'm socially awkward and sometimes terse - don't mind me.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Thu May 28, 2015 6:07 am

Just say " Uh.. I'm Khairina.. Why do you WANT ME? " Then throw a bunch of stamps at the wolf.

✦oh worm✦

retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

10 (Choice)

Postby Piefan » Sat May 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Author's note;;
Okay, next time, I'm leaving Khairina with a weapon at all times. I guess you didn't have much of a choice to defend yourself...
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Wolf
???

The lack of reason to be suspicious is getting to you, and you simply decide to do the worst possible thing. "Yes, I'm Khairina. What do you want with me?" The wolf prepares to reply, but before it can say anything, you toss your stamps at it. The small paper chunks stick to its fur, covering the usually-intimidating wolf in bright technicolour.

A brief moment passes in silence.

"... What did you just do?" Earth Beat says, as the wolf stares, befuddled.

That's it. You are never being 'silly' again. Deep wounds cut into your flesh below the knee, causing you to wince with every step you reluctantly follow. You wish you had a bandage or something to make sure they do not get infected, but none of you appear to have one. "I am so not insane!" you snap. "It's not my fault I didn't have a weapon." Beside you, Earth snickers, and you choose to ignore her.

"I know you're not insane," replies the wolf. Its thoughts are clear-cut and straightforward, much unlike the more complicated ones of... about everyone else, really. Minds, whether human or animal, are generally wild unless with extreme discipline. "You just annoyed me.

"To answer your question, once upon a time (is that the right way to use the phrase?), there was a person who was annoyed by the whole 'druids hate wizards' thing. Then he set up a rebellion to prove they are both equal. But then the authorities don't like it, so they're in trouble. Then we noticed that you're a serious, no-nonsense person who has some skill in fighting as well as a mixed heritage."

"Are you willing to join?"

(Holy crap, he just used brackets in speech.)

Yes or no?
Last edited by Piefan on Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFabulousHorse » Sat May 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Think for a few seconds or minutes or something, then simply accept the invitation. Then, ask if the wolf would be your second companion if you joined.

Player #593 on FFH - Come find me!

TheFabulousHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Sun May 31, 2015 3:55 am

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

Also, ditto what FABULOUS said.

✦oh worm✦

retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bookworm5515 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:17 am

Join the rebellion!
Bookworm5515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

11 (Agreement)

Postby Piefan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:33 am

Author's note;;
Couldn't think of a name for Sir General (aND I WILL NOT BE REFERRING TO HIM AS SUCH) so let's imagine he has a deep backstory that involves in taking an oath never to reval his name, or soething along those lines.
$10
Saddle/saddlebags
Postcards
(but no stamps)
Other info
Hurt in leg
Cannot run

Companion, friend.
Amaryllis
Roommate, acquaintance.
Wolf
???
[/quote]

The thought is appealing, but you think it over for a while. It certainly seems like a serious organisation - one that you cannot just warp in and out of at will. It is, therefore, an equally serious decision. Indeed you dislike the thought of putting yourself in so much danger for something that seldom really harms anyone, but then, the word 'seldom' there applies only to the perimeters of your own knowledge. It is not impossible that the rivalry does indeed harm people, but that you did not jear of it.

"I agree," you declare plainly, not bothering to make yourself sound dramatic. "If you don't mind me asking, would that mean you'd become a second companion, or something?"

The wolf shakes its head. "No. I do have my own druid. Now hurry, we should get to the headquarters soon."

"Your headquarters is a house," you say flatly. "How dramatic." Still, you follow the wolf towards the door, not saying another word. Earth, as always, follows you silently, not a flicker of regret in her mind - a fact for which you are glad. You may have only been together for a few hours, but you have gained a rather strong bond.

The wolf shrugs in reply, only its shoulders moving, before it barks wordlessly.

With a click, the door opens. You find, to your surprise, that there was nobody behind it - magic? Air manipulation? Who knows? And who cares? You follow the wolf (who you feel really needs a name) into the building, finding that it is much less plain than you expected.

Potted plants are scattered around the place, each one almost as tall as you. You recognise a few - water hemlock, nightshade berries - but the rest are beyond your limited knowledge. It's only day 1 of school, after all. Apart from these, you find books on the ground and on tables which stand without any apparent arrangement.

From a door emerges a young man - around your age, in fact. His skin, like yours (in addition to everyone else you have met), is tan, though his hair is light brown. "And you two are... Khairina and Earth Beat, right?"

"Yes." Earth speaks before you can. "And whom are you?"

"My name is..." His eyes dilute, then he continues. "... Shadow. Yeah, Shadow. I'm the leader and founder of this organisation.'

"Wow. A fourteen-year-old. I'm impressed," you deadpan, your tone dripping with sarcasm. You could question his name, but you could not care less about it at the moment. "Surely, this quest will succeed."

He only shrugs in reply, turning around and gesturing for you to follow. He walks to what seems to be a living room as you trail along, the wolf behind you and Earth beside you. "Basically," he says as he moves, "I'm hoping to one day become an old man and give teenagers inspirational speeches about how age doesn't matter, yadda yadda yadda, through my stories of being a young teenager. Also, I'm seventeen."

He sits down on a sofa, gesturing for you to do the same. You do; both Earth and the wolf stand. The couch is soft, comfortable. "This is a little nameless organisation, really. Names are just labels, and labels are useless. What matters more is our purpose, and what we do to achieve our goals.

"We have caught wind of you, Khairina, and we believe that you can help us. You are unpredictable, but serious, as is proven by your reaction to my wolf showing up." He looks you in the eye, then continues: "We request that all our agents - if you would call them that - work in pairs, and you may choose whom you are partnered up with, to some extent. Druid or wizard?"

this choice is self-explanatory and this bold text is just decorum.
Last edited by Piefan on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Piefan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retroaqua » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:31 am

Work with a Druid o3o

Druids are meant to be :3

✦oh worm✦

retroaqua

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery