❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby sparrow; » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:46 am

Are you able to be in the same room as someone reading your writing, or do you have to leave?
I don't really let people read my writing most of the time. With short stories it's okay, but if it's for a larger project then I'm uncomfortable with anyone seeing it. I have a few friends who read parts of my writing when I need to ask their opinion on something, but it's usually questions about if I've described something (eg; a panic attack) accurately.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:50 am

Are you able to be in the same room as someone reading your writing, or do you have to leave?
Nope! I get all flushed and have to leave. But reading comments online is fine.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:54 am

@LVL: That's very powerful! I agree with tutti and winged in that you should definitely enter the poem into a competition! I like your word choice, which is simple but to the point and clearly describes how you (?) felt about the girl you wrote about.

I can be in the same room as someone else as they read my writing, but I hate reading aloud or having other people read my works aloud. I'm a bit shy in that case. c:

I'd really love for someone to take a peek at my Warrior Cats blog. What do you think in terms of worldbuilding? While not everything is up there, what do you think I should add? Should I go more in-depth with what I already have? Thanks!
Status wrote:Who's excited to study fly intestines?
Me! I'm excited to study flies! (I
swear it's more interesting than it
sounds.)
Dragon Cave wrote:Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winchester's Wolf » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:22 am

HaaHhahaAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHhahaha.... I have to leave. Like I did Friday, I gave my Mythology teacher the one pg/2 pg story and I just left. And another reason was because that I did it after school and I had a bus to catch ;3;

But I usually write digitally and send it to the teachers... And yeah, then I leave.
-------

Okay Question Time :'D :

Code: Select all
[b]Do you ever drop any hints to an upcoming plot twists?[/b]

I do, and nobody ever catches them. >;3
Last edited by Winchester's Wolf on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig is a wip <3
Winchester's Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WHEN'DHEGO?!?! » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:53 am

I might leave while it happened just because it'd be awkward, but I'd definatly ask them about it afterward.
I'm a little confused by what you said, someone's reaction to your work has nothing to do with being in their presense. People can tell you or write to you about how it's affected them.
Merry Christmas from The Flowey Fanclub PLEASE JOIN
They/Them
Pet's name: The One and Only Ghost of Christmas Past
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
WHEN'DHEGO?!?!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:57 am

Do you ever drop any hints to an upcoming plot twists?
Not really, well not on purpose at least.

@fiafia
When I said someone's reaction, I mean like initially as they're reading it. Their first reaction to my writing as they're in the process of reading it. The comments after that are more calculated than if they're in front of me actually reacting to it in real time. Idk if that makes sense but that's the only way I can think to explain it ^^'
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:03 am

Within my stories, yes. I don't usually post stuff though so I don't know if people would've noticed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
signature credit

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:44 pm

@LVL
    I love your poem! Everything goes together really well, and even though I don't like romance stories, that was actually pretty sweet. Definitely enter it.

@Simon
    Mmm, I think your worldbuilding looks pretty cool so far! Most of all, I like the new but realistic prefixes and suffixes (especially Curlew-, since I love all curlews). The new warrior ranks, the slang, the superstitions...I think all of that is absolutely necessary for any sort of worldbuilding. Little cultural tidbits are great for making societies more realistic, and they're just fun to integrate into writing.

I feel like you could try focusing a bit less on names and more on other forms of worldbuilding. The vast majority of posts are on pre/suffixes, and it's kind of hard to sift through those. Maybe try condensing multiple prefixes/suffixes into one post.

Also, there's tons of other stuff you could work on besides names: history of Cherryclan, history of Frostclan, history of wars between the clans, what they eat, what their camps look like, where the humans live, what medcat herbs they have access to, do they have anything like the Moonstone/pool, how are relations between Cherryclan and Frostclan right now, the ideal leader/warrior/apprentice/elder/kit/medcat in each clan, how the clans view gay cats (if there are any), what the kittypets and loners are like in relation to the clans, et cetera. Good luck with writing!
    Goodness no, I always just hide in the bathroom with a book and pretend no one is looking through my very personal garbage stories. I also never share anything over a few thousand words, just as a rule; I don't really like laying bare an entire major project, because I always care about those so much more than I do about one-shots.

Do you ever drop any hints to an upcoming plot twist?
    Eh, sometimes? I'm not very skilled at plot twists, though, and I usually end up botching it. Sometimes I'll make little Easter eggs (e.g., my main character nerds out about a bunch of different kinds of boats, and later, she and the rest of the cast are attacked by people in one of the boats mentioned). I doubt anybody would notice, but I think it's kinda fun.

Has anyone every written something emotionally draining to yourself, but then just reading someone else's reaction made it all worth it?
    Sometimes I'll spend hours writing utter trash, and then people will take time from their busy lives to comment on it, and I think that's really kind (even if I don't believe their praise). So yes.

Code: Select all
[b]Are there any writers on the Internet that you look up to/try to emulate?[/b]

Eh, not at the moment. I don't really read much stuff on the internet.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Are there any writers on the Internet that you look up to/try to emulate?
    There are 2 main poetry writers I look up to.
    Sabrina Benaim and Neil Hilborn.

WinterSerperior wrote:@ L.V.L
Oh bejeez. That is lovely yet sad at the same time. I love how you can hear the hurt and just the utter want in the poem. Its great and heart-wrenching.
I also love the repetition of "I met this girl" before explaining something about her.
"I met this girl.
Who've I known for only so long yet it seems like I've known her my whole life"

Sorry, love poetry.
Her contained despair that we actually never catch wind of, no hints no anything leading back to it so that we don't know why she feels this way and its troubling but at the same time it makes me want to actually know why.
Though I will admit it has a bittersweet ending. She already has someone despite the person wanting her so badly. The speaker will never get the closure they so want.
I love poems for this reason. Its not that many words but they still convey so much. You should enter it into the contest! I definitely hope you win!
I'm internally screaming after writing this.

I honestly came up with poem while taking a shower one night, and then the next day I was like... why not try and write it down. It's not word for word, but it's pretty close and I'm highly proud of myself for it.
    I'm going to be honest, this is about a girl that I know and I will never be with her because she does indeed have a girlfriend.
    I did just find out that the contest entries closed yesterday. But I'm pretty sure I will get to share it with at least my English and Choir class. :)

~Teya~ wrote:
L.V.L wrote:
    -poem snip-

Dang, that was really beautiful. That's all I can really say. o.o But I think you should enter it in the contest.^^

Thank you so much, Teya!! <3

tuttifrutti000 wrote:L.V.L: Nice! You've really got talent, why not enter the competition?

Thank you!! It's my first time trying out a poem like that.
    Sadly, as I said above, the contest has now closed for entries. D:

winged-backpack wrote:@LVL
That was amazing! The use of repetition really enforces the feeling of want that the narrator is feeling, which just makes it so powerful! Definitely enter the competition!

I was questioning myself about repeating so much, that's why I switch towards the end.
    I think it turned out really well!! :D

Simonpet wrote:@LVL: That's very powerful! I agree with tutti and winged in that you should definitely enter the poem into a competition! I like your word choice, which is simple but to the point and clearly describes how you (?) felt about the girl you wrote about.

Haha, yup. I did indeed write this poem about how I felt about the girl.
    Most of everything I write comes from an experience I've had or an emotion I've felt.
    I will most likely share with my Choir class because 1. the girl I talk about it in there and 2. my choir teacher highly encourages people to share the things they write.

The Worst Username wrote:@LVL
    I love your poem! Everything goes together really well, and even though I don't like romance stories, that was actually pretty sweet. Definitely enter it.

Thank you, love!! <3
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:35 pm

Since I post my bigger stories online, I'm not that careful about who reads it. Heck, I want critique on my stories. Sometimes I do feel uncomfortable when I'm afraid someone will completely tear into it, but quite honestly, nobody ever has. In person, however, I do like to be in another room just so that I'm not fidgeting and distracting them with my anxiousness. Which I guess is a yes to the question.

Do you mean foreshadowing? I foreshadow often in my stories, as often as I feel. I like to do it in a sneaky way, like saying that the character is old and will die soon, but not as soon as they thought, often sooner. Things like that. I don't foreshadow much on these threads, though.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me