THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT IS A CACTUS! The Original!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

How are you liking the story? (Yes, I had to ask)

OMG, I LURRRV IT!
60%
It's awesome!
16%
It's good
5%
It's okay
3%
Meh.
1%
Meh. x2
No votes
Not feeling it.
2%
I STRONGLY DISAPPROVE! (I wonder how many will actually choose this :P)
14%

Total votes : 231

Re: THIS IS NOT A DIARY, IT IS A CACTUS

Postby Quiting » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm

I'm sorry, all you Raven fans, but I was really rooting for Potato here. :| Poor sad, awkward, lonely Potato.
I'm quiting.
Quiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

AT THE DANCE! (Part Two)

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Dear Cactus thing.

Ha ha. I did it again didn't I? I TOTALLY left you hanging after a really surprising revelation. Ha ha. In reality, the dance has been over for like three hours, but youuuuuu don't know what happened ;) You don't know ANYTHING until I tell you. I find this really funny. Just let me savor it for a moment. . .

Okay, savoring done. Now, where was I? Oh yeah, I was at the part where Raven showed up like a boss.

RAVEN! YOU'RE BACK! *tackle hugs* WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN? -Karma
I've been here and there, you know - the mall, the junk yard, a Cambodian prison, just the usual places. -Raven
DON'T YOU EVER LEAVE AGAIN! LOOK WHAT HAPPENED WHILE YOU WERE GONE! -Karma
Not to interrupt, but she has a point. Everything has sort of gone heck-in-a-hand-basket around here. -Potato
POTATO! Please don't ruin this wonderfully romantically charge reunion! >_> -Karma
Fine, but, if you need me, I'll be by the punch bowl *walks away* -Potato
I'm so glad you're back, Raven! We need you to fix this! Look at this! Everything's gone to heck-in-a-hand-basket! -Karma
That's what I said! -Potato
GET. OUT. 0_0 -Karma
*quickly flees the room, for real this time* -Potato
Why do you need me to fix this? -Raven
Because none of us can. I certainly can't. -Karma
You don't think you can? Karma, look at what's going on around you. -

I peered around the gym, trying to see what he meant. Everything seemed normal- kids dressed up in black and white, dancing like no tomorrow. then, I started to see what was really going on. WE OUTCASTS WERE WREAKING TOTAL HAVOC! Over toward the punch bowl, Beck and Sparrow had started a fist fight among the jocks.

HEY, BIG SCARY JOCKS! COME GET ME! I AIN'T SCARED OF YOU! -Sparrow
Sparrow! Are you trying to get us killed?! -Beck
I know what I'm doing! HEY YOU, YEAH, YOU! THE UGLY ONE WITH THE FLUFFY HAIR! -Sparrow
You talking to me? -Jarrek
YEAH, I'M TALKING TO YOU! -Sparrow
I think you better back off, girly. I'm too much of a gentleman to beat up a chick. -Jarrek
Gentleman? HA! I think you're just chicken! -Sparrow
Buddy, I think you better tell your girlfriend to back off. -Blaze
GIRLFRIEND? Hey, she isn't MY problem. -Beck
Not yet anyway ;) -Sparrow
._. -Beck
Beckadus, take your mess of a girlfriend and scram, before one of us beats YOU to a pulp. -Xavier
What did you just call me? D:< -Beck
Beckadus. BECK-ADUS! -Xavier
NO ONE CALLS ME BECKADUS! *punches*

Then, a full blown fistfight. To make it fair, Darknight and Sunlight came in with their swords, and it was officially a jock VS outcast/ninja fight. I looked toward the other end of the gym and saw Hollie and Layna starting a debate among the nerds.

Well, I think that the string theory is a load of crud. -Hollie
How COULD you? The string theory is perfectly plausible! -Jake
I can't fathom it. I mean, can that many dimensions REALLY exist? -Hollie
They can and they DO. -Jake
Open your eyes, Jake. The string theory is just something some guy thought up while he was in the shower or something, that doesn't make it TRUE! -Layna
It is too- Wait, LAYNA?! Is that really you? *pokes face* WOW, LAYNA IS ACTUALLY TALKING TO ME! HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN?! -Jake
JAKE?! :D You're AWAKE! -Layna
Hey, hey, hey. That rhymed! :O -Salma
Yeah, I'm awake! wait, what's going on here? -Jake
Hey, Loverboy, snap out of it! We're having a very important debate on the string theory here! -Bellion
And, as queen of nerds, I'M WINNING! -Salma
Watch it, nerd queen! I might have to knock you off of your throne! -Bellion
You wouldn't dare! 0-0 -Salma

It was happening! People were waking up from their succumbed state! I could see Dusk dancing with Lexi and Rijeka, like his old, slightly annoying self. And then Torunn and Nothing were talking to Masky! I listened in.

Masky! We need you to unleash your demon so that everyone will un-succumb and we'll wreak havoc! -Torunn
Torunn! I cannot be irresponsible with my demons. They trust me because I use them when I need them. -Masky
But we need them NOW! -Torunn
I will unleash the spirits when I think we need them. No sooner. -Masky
Unleash the demons, FRIIIIIIEEEEEEEEENNNNND! :D -Nothing
No. -Masky
Why not, FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNND?! -Nothing
You creepy. *walks away* -Masky
Well, that didn't work. :| -Torunn
Maybe he's not really my FRIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNND. -Nothing
No. He probably isn't. -Torunn

I sighed in defeat. Oh well. Looked like that part wasn't working out, and neither were Lavarusin and Riley, for that matter. In fact, they were fighting like angry dogs (which they were because, you know, we're all dogs)

You aren't fit for Layna! You aren't good enough for her! -Riley
Neither are you! You're too full of yourself to be good for anyone! -Lavarusin
At least I care about her! You just want her for her looks! -Riley
I do not! I like her because she's her! -Lavarusin
Her. What a vague description. -Riley
Do you want to get punched. Because I'm not afraid to right now. -Lavarusin
*laughs* I'm not afraid of your fist. -Riley

I shook my head sadly.

You know, I really should've seen that one coming, with them both being after Layna and all. I guess I shouldn't have paired them up. -Karma
You're missing the point. As Layna would probably say: Since when do you need someone else to save the world for you? Can not women be heroes just as men are? Can't we all be heroes, if we have the right mindset? You can't sit around waiting for some knight in shining armor to swoop in and save the day. Sometimes, you have to do things for yourself. Actually, scratch that. All of the time, you have to do things yourself, because you can and sometimes, no one else will. -Raven
Wow. That really was a Layna-worthy harangue. And you're right, I DID save us all! -Karma

AND THEN WE KISSED AND IT WAS THE BEST KISS EVER AND IT WAS LIKE TOTALLY CUTE AND AWESOME AND AWWWWWWW! :D

Hey! You two in the back! Break it up! We've got a Snow Queen to announce! -Lavender
Oh. Errrr, sorry. -Karma
Yeah, yeah. Anyway, let's do this thing. you wanna do the honors, Sky? -Lavender
Sure. Anyway, the Snow queen is......

DRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Layna!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This can't be happening right now! -Serena
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This can't be happening right now! -Emma
Hey, what do YOU mean this can't be happening right now? I was the one who was supposed to win! -Serena
No you weren't! I had it rigged! I was going to win and then I was going to rule the school, and then the country, and then the WOOOOORRRRRRRRLLLLLD! -Emma
Guuuuuurl! Oh no you didn't! You are so cray! -Serena
You bet I am! Now gimme that crown! *steals crown* MWAHAHAHAHA! NOW I HAVE ACCESS TO THE MIND CONTROL OF EVERYONE IN THIS SCHOOL! -Emma
Oh, really? -Masky
Yah, really. -Emma
I don't think so. *unleashes nightmare* -Masky

Then it happened! The nightmare Masky unleashed chased Emma out of school, destroyed the crown, and everything was all happy and resolved and sparkly and everyone could control their minds again. There was only one conflict left.

So, Layna. Now that you're Snow Queen, who do you choose to be Snow King -Lavender

Really awkward pause of silence. Layna stepped up to the microphone and started talking.

Who says that there really needs to be a Snow Queen AND King? I mean, since when can a woman sovereign not reign on her own? Male sovereign figures have ruled on their own forever, but females? It's against the law or something! And I say that's bogus! Women are strong! Women can be leader like! Just look at me! Before Karma showed up, I was running the Outcast rebellion group on my own! It has changed me! It has made me a stronger, more resolute person than I ever have been. So, who needs a Snow King?
WE DO! JUST GIVE US AN ANSWER! -All
Oh, fine! Jake is Snow King! You happy? -Layna
Wait- what? I'm WHAT? LAYNA CHOSE ME?! -Jake
Yeah, yeah. . . just get up here. :) -Layna
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This can't be happening right now! -Riley
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This can't be happening right now! -Lavarusin

I rolled my eyes.

Do you think they'll ever get over her? -Karma
Who cares? I'll never get over you. -Raven

All I can say about that is: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! HOW ADORABLE! :D And THAT, my friends, was the Christmas dance. Tommorow is Christmas vacation, and I'm running out of space in this diary. I hope I get a new one for Christmas.

Until then, I'm Karma Kanine, and this is still a Cactus.

Quote of the Week

Guys, what are you doing here? You're making it hard for me to wallow in self pity -Karma
Screw self pity! You're too good for that! -Layna
I am? -Karma

The Original Diary Parodies
Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiji » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm

And they all live happy forever XD
reiji/aza/jiwoon/yin ∆ they/them
Reiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Small Bun » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:11 pm

In this Cactus... There is no such thing as an happily ever after.
(Anyways this was amazing and adorably made!)
-spam stops here
xyoux havex tox dox the

©
OF
WHAT
PEOPLE
EXPECT

──────────────────── ────────────────────
x
Hello! The name's Leslly~
(She/Her)
Feel Free to PM or Trade with me!
No really, I love talking to people.
So don't feel shy around me. 💙

/ /

─────

HOW ELSE
WILL YOU
SURPRISE THEM?
Small Bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marlosanson » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:16 am

Amazing entry! Gizmo you have outdone yourself. You don't even know how many times I squealed.
Amazing plot twist amazing everything. I don't know what might happen next but I think it's gonna be so amazing so awesome sauce that it might mean that...Gizmo is the ruler of the world. Just an opinion.

^^^YOU SEE AMAZING ON ALL THREE LINES THATS SHOWING SOMETHING!
btw. Potato was so adorable in this..o3o
Shut up Yam!
It's Potato.
Last edited by marlosanson on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me marz, marzia, or
Always feel free to ask me about commissions if you'd like through PM!
Check out my gallery and feel free to leave comments and such!
I have been very busy lately with school testing and other art related things, hard work got me a scholarship omg im so excite it really payed off. but yes i'm dealing with those things for a moment and then back to work, but YES any commissions I owe will be finished as soon as I can!
marlosanson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheepsorrel » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:17 am

Nope-spam stops after this post

is this story over? ;D;

also- i entered a character in and you said it could be in the story, can you tell me what happened with her?
previously cupcake frosting - my kalons
sheepsorrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiji » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:25 am

What ya char name?

If you post after she said it enough she really not in =T
reiji/aza/jiwoon/yin ∆ they/them
Reiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anthem of Angels » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:08 am

That was soooo totally AWESOME!!!
Anthem of Angels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GizmoTheDragon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:48 am

Masky wrote:And they all live happy forever XD

As far as you know >:D

FlyingKitsunes wrote:In this Cactus... There is no such thing as an happily ever after.
(Anyways this was amazing and adorably made!)
-spam stops here

Thank youuu :)

Queen of CS wrote:Amazing entry! Gizmo you have outdone yourself. You don't even know how many times I squealed.
Amazing plot twist amazing everything. I don't know what might happen next but I think it's gonna be so amazing so awesome sauce that it might mean that...Gizmo is the ruler of the world. Just an opinion.

^^^YOU SEE AMAZING ON ALL THREE LINES THATS SHOWING SOMETHING!
btw. Potato was so adorable in this..o3o
Shut up Yam!
It's Potato.

Thank you. I don't know how to react to the whole ruler of the world thing xD What's weirder is that people I know have told me that they think I'm going to become dictator of the world O.O I personally think I'd be a terrible world leader.

cupcake frosting wrote:Nope-spam stops after this post

is this story over? ;D;

also- i entered a character in and you said it could be in the story, can you tell me what happened with her?

Yeah, the cactus is over. And, DARN! I knew I was forgetting something -.- Now that I look back, I do see that I said I'd enter your character because it was posted before the new-student chapter. I'm SO sorry about that. It just slipped my mind. x_x I can GUARANTEE though that your character will be the FIRST reader-made character featured in the sequel. (There will be many new reader-made characters in the sequel, because people have PM'd them to me, and I have shelfed them for later use.)

Abi123JesusIsCool wrote:That was soooo totally AWESOME!!!

Thank ya'. :)

Quote of the Week

Guys, what are you doing here? You're making it hard for me to wallow in self pity -Karma
Screw self pity! You're too good for that! -Layna
I am? -Karma

The Original Diary Parodies
Cactus - Venus Flytrap

GizmoTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christine, » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:22 am

oh my gosh, I stopped reading for a while because I didn't think that Jake was going into use, and I decided to pop back for a quick read and HE'S BEING USED <3
christine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me