( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

do you play an instrument ?

i used to !
24%
yes , and i love it !
25%
yes , but i don't really anymore .
11%
yes , and i hate it .
1%
no , but i really wish i did ! !
22%
no , not at all , never want to .
8%
i'm learning , not the best .
9%

Total votes : 85

Re: ( ` kalon development zone | a thread 4 kal tips ! )

Postby Graceymc96 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 am

HI! I have some Ideas for my common MYO but I have no clue what I'd like for a shine. I want something simple and easy to draw in art of her, I really need suggestions! I also don't know what design or colors I want for her yet, only edits and how they'll look.
Here are my ideas so far, using the other kalons as examples of elements I like, obviously I won't just Frankenstein those elements, they're just to help visualize a similarity to what I want in my head to the person making it.
Graceymc96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby augestines » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:46 am

hello ;w; i just need some ideas for my medieval AU kiddo.. i would prefer ideas for his background.. and maybe personality as i have never been the best at them.. thank you to anyone who helps me!!

Zenith Collins
- Ruler of The Bocan Empire [ Boh - Can ]
- has a sassy/wise additude but has the power to back it up
- Very stern / serious
- his empire is somehow connected to the forest (they worship it )
- is a very well known warrior
- Medieval AU
- has an obsession with gold
- loves his hair more then himself (like send mercy on you if you mess up his hair)

› Female
› Adult
Kalon Storage
augestines

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby simontoffee » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:50 am

@fearnoon how pretty! he seems like the kind of guy to have spent a lot of time in the forest when he was young, maybe to get some peace and quiet, or perhaps to look at his reflection in rain puddles. he has the most beautiful ears c: he sort of reminds me of a viking. maybe you could base his fighting style on them if you wanted to? it might be cool if his empire's connection to the forest had some mythology involving gold. his earrings could have spiritual meaning, or be rewards from victory in battle.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

simon // adult // hobby artist & author // sagittarius

ImageImage
simontoffee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sibylline, » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:35 am

heyo;; i need some help with my boy justin
i'm sort of losing connection to him but I really do not want to trade him because it took me a while to get him back (gave them to my friend who then traded them; i was lucky enough that the person she traded him to wanted to give him away when they left the community and let me have him)
the main problem is that i can't figure out a solid personality for him. all of his siblings I've sort of got figured out and i'll give a quick run down
iro (twin bro) - very quiet and reserved; loves birds and does well academically
ash (nonbinary younger sibling [uses he/him pronouns often though]) - an ambivert; somedays very introverted and others very extroverted. if their friends jumped off a bridge they would too
julia (younger sister) - extremely loud and sometimes annoying. pulls off pranks the most and loves scaring her siblings
eliza (much younger sister) - the quietest and frankly most coldhearted of the kids; she does have empathy but definitely less than others
theodosia (much younger sister) - seen as warmhearted and the opposite of her twin sister, although they are kind of similar besides this. always wants to help others
and their parents;
dokuro (mom) - a quiet extrovert; loves to be around people just doesn't talk too much. adores kids (explains why she has six) and wants to foster some
finley (dad) - second loudest in the house right behind julia. not as into playing pranks but loves telling dad jokes and embarrassing his kids.
as you can tell i like to make some of them similar to each other but at the same time keep them different. i have no idea what direction I want to go with justin. i can never decide if I want him to be more introverted, extroverted, or an ambivert and thats usually what I build characters around. any help would be much appreciated c:
i have more kalons i need help with but i'll stick to just him for now

@Fearnoon - maybe he spent a lot of his time growing up bartering and trying to get the most bang for his buck?
It's coming like the sunshine // Rising in the morning
adult // wermz // dorks // my umas // toyhouse
sibylline,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Graceymc96 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:57 am

@sybylline - He seems like he'd be a cool cat/ party animal, maybe though sometimes he gets really fed up with people so he has to have his alone time? maybe like a 75/25 % thing
Graceymc96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:16 am

Hey guys! So I'm really drawing a blank for Arashi and Spazio. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with personalities and occupations and such?

I'm really not sure with these two... thanks!!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:58 am

shibeboi wrote:Hey guys! So I'm really drawing a blank for Arashi and Spazio. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with personalities and occupations and such?

I'm really not sure with these two... thanks!!

maybe spazio could be an astronomer?? and they're sorta awkward and clumsy, but very intelligent and good-mannered. they're fairly introverted and don't talk to people very much -- or very well -- since they prefer studying the stars and the galaxies.

those are the kinda vibes i get from them, but i'm not too sure about arashi?? kinda drawing a blank.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 pm

I. My kalons are looking for development!
    This is Zane/Cole, I have nothing planned for him besides that he and Kyle (his brother) are gonna work together.

This is Kyle, the younger brother same with him! Nothing planned.

Amelia is a wip who owns a decor shop, she loves interior decorating. She's 23 and bi.

I have nothing planned for her as well

All I've got for Melanie is she's a theif

He's a natural flirt but no idea for his job.

She has no name, no anything anything suggested would help!

All I got is he's 18 and living in la

Peeta, he's a bakery worker probs

Cole has a bunch planned but maybe just development ticks? viewtopic.php?t=3690117

Same with Dean his older brother! viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3690140
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Zenith

Postby Mid-life » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Fearnoon wrote:

Zenith Collins
- Ruler of The Bocan Empire [ Boh - Can ]
- has a sassy/wise additude but has the power to back it up
- Very stern / serious
- his empire is somehow connected to the forest (they worship it )
- is a very well known warrior
- Medieval AU
- has an obsession with gold
- loves his hair more then himself (like send mercy on you if you mess up his hair)

italic bold = things that don't need to be kept, I added them for the sake of the story
possible background
---- I feel like Zenith is a Kalon who rose to power from nothing. Maybe he was a peasant who served under an unlawful king whom ruled his empire unjustly. His family was just barely scraping by because of heavy taxes put into order by this ruler. Zenith noticed this tyranny and enrolled into the army as a warrior to attempt to gain power to stop the current ruler. He gained favor of the king because of his beauty and excellence as a warrior. His proven loyalty to the king soon benefited him. He was soon promoted to become an important general and advisor to the king. In this empire, being the advisor to the king was an important role and, if there weren't any suitable heirs (typically male offspring or a queen), after the king's death they are the next for the throne. Zenith, being so close to the king, took advantage of his position and planned a way to murder the king and frame someone else, so he wouldn't get executed. Zenith found an effective method to kill the king and went through with it. He was successful in not getting caught and became king of The Bocan Empire.
----However, because of his hunger for power and respect, he became corrupt and did the same wrongdoing as the previous ruler. Because of his craving for gold, he would do all he could to acquire more gold. There were high taxes that he would use mostly on keeping his hair perfect. In his kingdom, there was a church that worshiped a Forest God, protector of the forest and of all the beings dwelling inside. Zenith sold indulgences within his kingdom as a means of making more gold. Despite his noticeable flaws, his law system was much more refined than that of the previous ruler's system. Execution was much rarer than when the previous king was in power and slaves were treated much better than the way they were treated with the previous king. It was also much easier to obtain valuable spices, fabrics, gems, etc. because of Zenith's new trading posts in his empire and because of trade with other kingdoms and empires that had the means to acquire such materials.

please pm me if something is confusing or if you'd like help developing more! <3
    feel free to use any of my writing above, fearnoon.
Mid-life

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:27 pm

hi everyone! i need some help with some kalons!

first my newest kiddo, he was an ooc breeding of my kal poppy

he's not gonna be connected to his dad all in canon and is part of my kingdom universe! all i have so far is that he's a prince and he's very kind and giving and polite, but no name and no real other ideas? i want him to run into my main group from that universe and something happens and perhaps he travels with them? he's gonna be shipped with one of the kids later on

also kinda wanted a bit of help with some more ideas for these kals
i'll list what i have for them all so far ;v;

This gal is Adrian and she's a really sassy nurse that works at a children's hospital. She's known for often telling others off and arguing with most. Yet she can still turn around and be sweet and gentle with the kids she works with. She has a very warm heart and is very loyal to those she cares about, and can be very motherly to anyone.

This is Alex and he's a very shy bean.

Elsie is a sweetheart and very nice. She's a girly girl and loves jewelry and make up, but is a dear friend to anyone who needs it and will never hesitate to stand up for someone else. Elsie tends to be air headed and can often make choices that make no sense because she isn't paying attention. She doesn't like going outside a lot because she doesn't like getting dirty or sweaty.

This is Jasmine and she's really happy and positive and tries to cheer everyone up.

This is Leigh and he's a kiddo who's always tired and plays the piano.

This is Lilac and I have no ideas for her.

This is Rex and he's a big bully.

This is Tara! She's someone who hides behind a shell of skittishness and is too scared to come out of her comfort zone and often looses chances to do things she'd really like due to it. She's dating my gal Ophelia and my tough kiddo is slowly working on helping build up her girlfriends confidence and helping her break out of her shell.

This is Ophelia and she gets in a lot of fights and is very over confident. She lives with her girlfriend Tara in a small apartment.

Thank you in advance!<33
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me