The CS Gazette-Third article out!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: The CS Gazette

Postby wickedwolfgirl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:22 pm

SejiYume wrote:@Wicked-Thanks :) And I have your article.

@kim-That's fine. I understand, I had finals last week.

The green sorbet could be our mascot, but I'm going to see if anyone else has something. I know someone has a balloon dog, that would be good.

Um... I have an advent dog, but not a popular one. I also have a white dragon, but that isn't a dog... I don't think I have that much. I could check and see if I have something good.
This is a G I F T, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
M I D A S is king and he hold me so tight
He turned me to
gold in the sunlight

ImageImageImage
"You say roleplay addict like it's a bad thing..."
I am on a quest! A quest to improve my trade group! All trades are appreciated.
Call me Wicked. Or WWG is fine too.
Over 115 pets in my hoard! Want to help? Send a trade on over!
wickedwolfgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kurloz is back bby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:23 pm

I can make a mascot + stamps. :3
All ends are tied. Please delete this account. :)

If any of my friends, fanclub members, or Knights are reading this:
I love you every single one of you, and I will never forget you.
kurloz is back bby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SejiYume » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:39 am

Fans

Do you like our newspaper? Then become a fan! All you need to do to be a fan is to post that you would like to become one, and then put one of our stamps in your signature. Once a month, starting in July, we will have a raffle of a rare or high-value uncommon pet that one of the fans will get to own. Don't miss out, become a fan today!

First raffle: The raffles will start once we get ten fans.

Fan List
1.)>-Darkwolf-<
2.)Silly Summer Savvy
3.):.~StaticRose~.:
4.)webkinzgoogleslover
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)

Our stamp, courtesy of Mirandaciel.
Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=616603][img]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z377/copycat123_WI/Graphics/mmanma.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by SejiYume on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Pet's name: SejiYume
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SejiYume » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:39 am

Staff

Founder and Co-director:Marquee de la Mare

Director:SejiYume-I write articles, edit other people's articles, and put together the newspaper. I also moderate the thread, approve forms, and answer questions.

Assistant Manager:.: T O K I :.-Moderates the thread and is in charge when the director is gone.

Writers:
~Eve ~
NYCtacochip
wickedwolfgirl
itsthekim
SuperKitti!
~Amberleaf ~
Luna-puppy
Klaoud
Water for Elephants
Liru
Andreeffie
Apple of Awesomeness
Mousetalon
Kimmy1479
KidGinger
Spacefur
isong
Conradin
>-Darkwolf-<

Want to be a Staff Member?
If you want to join the team, please fill out this easy form. Please don't lie, I'm just curious to see what you think.

We are no longer accepting staff, because we have a lot of writers. I will make an announcement if we need more. However, anyone who wants to is perfectly welcome to be a guest writer.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to join?[/b]
[b]Do you consider yourself a good writer?[/b]
[b]Are you good at grammar and spelling?[/b]
[b]Anything you like or are particularly good at?[/b]
[b]Other (optional)[/b]

If you only want to submit one article, you don't have to join the staff, you can be a guest writer.
Last edited by SejiYume on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:15 am, edited 11 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SejiYume » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:40 am

Articles

After you write an article, please PM it to me. I will then put everyone's article in the newspaper. Not every member has to write something for every edition, but it would be nice if we could have at least five or six articles on each edition. There is a two week gap between editions, so it shouldn't be that hard. Good topics would be an editorial about a topic relevant to CS, an article on one of the current month's litters, a discussion about rarity or on a certain pet (ex: UR Tiger Dog) or a topic on your favorite, or other people's favorite pets. Basically, if it's relevant to CS than you can write about it. If it's not relevant to CS, then we don't want it, it's called the CS Gazette for a reason. And don't criticize. You can always critique, but don't be rude or mean. Before you start writing your article, post a reply on this thread telling me what it's going to be about, that way nobody will do the same article.
I would like each article to be at least a few good-sized paragraphs long. If it is really too short, I will let you know. If it is the right length, I will edit it for grammar and spelling errors, but that is it. Now start writing!

Editions

Our first edition was on June 25th, our second was on July 10th. The third edition will come out on October 8th. Each article will be roughly two weeks apart.
Last edited by SejiYume on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Archives

The archives is where we will post the past editions of our newspaper when it is time to put the new one on the main page. Feel free to take a look around, every article is here!

The CS Gazette
Volume 1, Edition 1

Whoo's there? Owls!

Last month we received a welcome surprise from Malk, one of our brilliant artists. We got more owls! The sign for them had been up since April, but there were none available. But in May we got our wish—a brilliant litter (or should I say clutch) of CS's only bird!

The eggs were white, but speckled with every color of the rainbow. Everyone was anticipating when they would hatch, and turn into second stage. It took a long time, they waited 15 days to morph into second stage, which looked like fuzzy versions of the adults. However, after only eight more days they became full-fledged owls. Like the eggs, the owls were white with rainbow colors, giving them the nickname 'rainbow owls.' They are absolutely beautiful, and guess what? They're commons! I sense a popular hoard pet coming along....

But wait, that's not all. Some people still had eggs. Turns out those eggs would never hatch, because finally, on the 29th, it was revealed that they were PPS, and also rare. They are the third rare, (though some turned rare after) and second PPS owl, but they are the first newborn PPS animal CS has ever had.

Not many people expected to have a second clutch of owls, especially when the owl page was empty on June 1st, but on the day after, we got a message that the owls had joined the party! These new eggs are black with three lighter stripes going up the sides. They remind some people of road markings. Everyone was amused when they turned into creative road signs and markings, one even said "Squid Crossing!"

The fact that we've had two owl litters in two months is surprising, because before that we'd only had five—although there were three consecutive months in 2009. In '09 a natural litter, a starry night litter with an owl and a PPS, a single 'tree owl', and a ghost owl for Halloween. In 2010 we only got one owl, a reddish colored creature in January.

These owls have certainly been popular, and let's give a bid thanks to Malk for two months of "Whoo-oo-ing!"
-By SejiYume

Are Rarities Accurate?

How accurate is the rarity system?

You’ve all seen it. Pages full of rares. Hunting down an Uncommon for months. These are experiences we have…well…experienced. A good example is 2011 Store Dogs. They are all rare, but many players have pages and pages full of them. The Orange and Green Malk Dragons take forever to track down, but they remain Uncommon. Many times everyone had a pet, and it is still uncommon. It is hard to get a wolf, but most of them are uncommon. It is very hard to get a Joker, but they remain Very Rare.I hope that my article has changed your mind on what to pay for a rare store pet, or how much your uncommon is worth.
-By Mousetalon

Wicked's Roleplay Column

I’m wickedwolfgirl, but please call me Wicked or WWG. You have probably seen me around the roleplay forums, as well as a few other topics. I have been roleplaying for almost two years now, and I have learned a lot. My column is about the ins and outs of roleplay from the eyes of someone who has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. If there are questions about roleplay, such as etiquette, I will be delighted to address them here to help educate the community. Just send a private message to me with a topic such as “Roleplay question”. Comments are also appreciated.

The topic today is a common conundrum for roleplay owners, especially the ones who own a semi-literate roleplay. What is a good way of denying a form? There is of course a few different ways of going about it. There is the simple “not accepted”. A good basic way of denying, but one that does little to help the person learn how to improve if they choose to do so.

My method, at least for me in my experiences, seems to work well. An apology at the start of the denial is not necessary, but it can make you, the owner, feel a little better about it. Then, explain in a shortened version why they are not accepted. If their character seems sueish to you, then state that you think their character has some sueish tendencies. If they don’t seem to be literate enough, then say you don’t think they are quite up to the expected level. Always say that if the person wants to discuss it further, to message you.

So, a good denial message should go something like this.
I’m sorry, but I don’t think Sarah is going to fit in well with the others. In my opinion, her power is powerplay. I also do not think you are quite up to the level I am looking for. If you want to discuss this further, please PM me.

And there we go. A nice, respectful denial with explanations on how the person can improve. I hope this little guide is helpful.
-By wickedwolfgirl

CS Staff Member of the Week

The CS Staff Member this week is Clowesia. She recently got the job of roleplay moderator this April and is the newest staff member. Following is my interview with her.

1) How did your first couple of days as a Roleplay Mod. go?

- It was a bit nerve-wracking, I have to admit that. xD This is my first moderator job ever, so I didn't know quite what to do, but Tess was a big help and I breezed through it all in the end. It's easy once you get into the swing of it.

2) How busy is your job on a normal day?

- Not that busy, for me. I find that a lot of people don't report things, so I'm left snooping through the threads and seeing what I can find. That is more time consuming than busy, however, as I often don't run across things. Sadly the RP section has such a high turn over that I'm often caught in the undertow and can't find all the problems others seem to see. If you do see someone breaking the rules, please report it, I can't be everywhere at once. x3

3) What's the best thing about your job?

- Getting to help people! :3 That's really why I wanted this job in the first place. I love to help people, it's in my nature, and I love to Roleplay, so why not combine the two? I have to admit, the respect I got straight off the bat was a little weird. xD I knew if I had stuck my nose into someones thread and had gone "This is against the rules, guys." I would have been told to clear off, but now everyone is like "Sure thing, Clowesia! 8D" But I digress, Helping people is the best part of the job, I enforce the rules which keeps every roleplaying here on CS safe (though they might be a little angry if they don't see the point in the rules.)

4) What's the worst thing about your job?

- That would be when I come against combative players that do not want to follow the rules. xD Thankfully, I've encountered almost none. After that I would have to say it's the time that you have to put into the work, spending and hour or two trawling through the forums, looking for broken rules and the like.

5) Do you have any CS goals or Dreamies?

- My CS goal was to become RP Moderator! xD Guess I can tick that off now! c: Apart from that, I'd like to finish my wishlist off and get some art from artists that I like on CS.

6) Do you have any pets in real life?

- Yes, I have a Manx cross (She was sold as a purebred, but she has a normal tail and is completely different colour from her mother an father.) her name is Kitten. c: She was originally called Tora but I never used it. xD She's all black with green/gold eyes. My family also has two dogs, Giovanni Versace (Gio) is a Chihuahua (probably a cross as well xD) and Neo a Pappillion who is very, very runty. They also have a veeeery, veeeery old Burmese named Misu who is 17, ancient for a purebred. xD I don't live at home anymore, but they're still my pets<3

7) Is there anything you'd like to tell the readers?

Just remember, I'm a normal person just like you guys! :3 If you have a problem or just need something cleared up for you, just PM me. And make sure to report anything that is breaking the rules! We can't keep CS safe if we can't find the problems!
-By Eve

CS Journals

Everyone loves the CS journals circulating around Chicken Smoothie, but are some copied? Can you get in trouble for ripping off a story? Should you? Are some forgotten and unused posts just cluttering up the forum? These are the questions I hope to answer in this article.

Often times, the journals written are rip offs from other popular journals. Although it is against the rules to take someone else's work and claim it as your own, it isn't against the rules to take other people's ideas and incorporate them into your story. Unfortunately, that is what is happening much too often. People write great stuff, and others take their idea and claim it as their own. It isn't fair to the original author and it needs to stop. So next time you post a story or journal, please make sure it can fully be called your's.

Many posts are made on the Share Your Writing forum, but are some so old and forgotten that they need not even be there? The staff on CS are pretty good about deleting unneeded posts, but should we take matters into our own hands? I searched the forum and found that there where posts back from October 2010, some of which that did not get 1 reply. There 117 pages, 2923 topics and counting. Can't we take responsibility and delete our own inactive stories? This is what I ask you to do. When you decide to stop continuing a story because it isn't being read or you are just bored with it,, or whatever the reason, delete it. It simply clutters up the forum if you don't. It makes it hard for new topics to be read because it is lost in the sea of old ones. So take matters into your own hands and delete your inactive topics.
-By kimmy1479

Musical Pixelation

Everyone was pleased in May 2011 with Selcouth’s Magpie wolves, after a year without dogs made Selcouth. In June 2011, we received a 2nd month of Selcouth with the Pixel/Headphone wolves. While some disliked to pinkish color, and other adored and hoarded it,
they were all in for a big amazement.
The wolves were the last to get out of their blankets; the first pup grew at Day 9. The dog was white, with shading and a bit of pink in its ears, eyes and feet. This pet’s rarity was either Very Common or a rare outcome. Many people hoarded this puppy.
Our 2nd outcome grew on Day 12, with spots near its eye and ballerina like markings, as well as the shading of fur. On Day 18, this wolf started to turn into pixels, astonishing everyone. Some said that it would completely be a dog made of pixels; others thought the pixels would turn into wings. This pup dissolved more at Day 21, before becoming an adult with pixels on its back. It was Uncommon, and many started to hoard it.
The last growth popped out of its blanket on Day 13, with pink pixel designs all over it, without pink ear fillings, along with the pink eyes and greyish black nose. When it grew on Day 22, a few were upset that its nose was grey, but this pink Uncommon wowed many people. Some even decided to hoard this beauty.
The fact that we had 2 months of dogs made by Selcouth is surprising. We’ve had just a few dogs from Selcouth in 2009, and 1 litter in 2010. These dogs range from the Birthday Hoshiko to the Partridge Tree PPS to the New Tail Dog, named for its unique tail.
Selcouth’s works have been loved by many CS users. Some hoard, some collect, and some just love them. Let’s give a shout to this senior artist for making such lovely dogs!
-Spacefur+Mirandaciel

Perplexing Rarity Changes

Lots of rarity changes happen, with pets becoming rarer as more members join Chicken Smoothie. We are used to old pets going uncommon and rare, and the values of '08 pets soaring. However, everyone was surprised when the
only six-month-old UR Tiger Dog and UR Rat became OMG So Rare! Everyone knew that the Tiger Dog was very valuable, partly due to its immense popularity, and it was already fetching high prices. But the rat? Most people agreed: a rat is a rat and they should only become very rare. They don't belong on the rares list, and even a UR rat probably wouldn't be very popular. This leads us to wonder why they both achieved the highest rarity possible, along with the '08 Mint Tess Horse, while the grapes remained very rare.
Unfortunately, this makes a hard
problem worse. People really didn't know what the Tiger Dog was worth before, and now that it is OMGSR-and statistically the rarest dog-nobody can tell. Does this mean that it's actually worth a Moonswirl? Members have offered that before, but now it might actually be fair. It might also be worth the UR Cat, which before was thought unfair. The UR Dog could possibly become CS's rarest dog, despite its youth.
Some people don't buy it though. They refuse to believe the Tiger Dog is really that rare, and some people have said that they got theirs with things around the rarity of a blue toxic. All we know is that the Tiger Dog is very rare and very popular, and we will have to wait a while for the hype to die down.

-By SejiYume

The CS Gazette
Volume 1, Edition 2

Possible Second Generation Parents?

Second Generation pets have always been popular on Chicken Smoothie, and I bet many of us have wondered how the parents are chosen in the first place. Is it by popular demand, or a random voting that takes place between artists? Personally, I can not answer
those questions. What I can do is something more interesting: Take random members and interview them, getting their opinions on
which CS pets would make wonderful parents.

The first CS Possible Pairing comes from my own list personal favorites: The Green Swirls Dog and the Blue Fireworks Dog. I personally love the patterns and colors of both parents, and think that, together, they would make a stunning litter. Some of my favorite aspects of this pairing are the coat patterns, eye color, and, of course, coat colors. Short, sweet and true. That's my interview with myself.

If you have any favorite pairing, PM me, because I would love to do another article about them. Dogs aren't the only Second Generation parents that I would love to write about. I would glady do horses, cats, wolves, rats, you name it. Thank you so much for reading, and I can't wait to write again. Chow!
-By Luna Puppy

Interview with Satamoru

In the past few months, ChickenSmoothie has been gaining new staff members left and right. The three most recent new staff members we would like to welcome are Coalchaster, Satamoru, and moonlily. Welcome to the team, you guys! So far, they have been doing an amazing job and they have all been very helpful around ChickenSmoothie. However, at the moment, we will be focusing on one of these global moderators in particular, Satamoru.

You may have seen her before as her previous username, Kaitou Kuroba. Like any other staff, you can find her almost every where. As a friendly, active staff, it's no wonder she was chosen as a new global moderator. Kaitou Kuroba has kindly allowed us to interview her about being a global moderator.

Q: What is it like to be a global moderator?
A: One word; busy. Even when I'm not skimming threads, rarely does a half hour go by without me receiving a PM asking one question or another. There's always something to do, and in the times there isn't, it's just a matter of trying to keep it that way xD;

Q: Do you enjoy your new job and responsibilities?
A: Certainly; it can be a bit crazy sometimes on really busy days, but it always gives me a sense of accomplishment when I can give someone some advice, or help someone out with a problem they're having :3

Q: In your opinion, what is the best thing about being a global moderator?
A: The satisfaction of knowing you made someone's day a little bit easier, or you helped in some other way to keep the forums clean. It's a tough, never ending job, but someone's gotta do it, and I'm thrilled at the chance to be one of those people :B It's always nice to log off at the end of the day, look back, and reflect on how many people you helped.

Q: Of course, there are always negative aspects too. What do you think those are as a global moderator?
A: The responsibility; to me, nothing is more horrid then being asked a question, and having no idea how to answer. As a somewhat new member to the team, there's still a lot of things I'm not quite sure how to handle yet - I'm learning fast, but there's always times I'll receive a PM asking for advice on a situation that I just don't know how to handle. Moments like that always leave me feeling a bit guilty, because then I either have to make the poor user wait while I go throw the question by a more experienced mod, or just tell them 'I'm sorry but I'm not sure'. The latter just feels dreadful, let me tell you ;___;

Q: Are there certain areas you moderate more than others?
A: In general, no. A lot my time is spent lurking around the User-Made Adoptable thread's, but I'm in the habit of scanning the entire site fairly often, so I've always got an eye on all the area's of the site. Except, admittedly, the Role-play Forums, which I am shamed to admit I've spent maybe a total of an hour on my whole stay on CS *shame face*

Q: What is the most common kind of issue members come to you with?
A: The most common issue I personally receive is....misplaced threads xD A day never goes by without someone PMing me to request I move a Oekaki to a different section, or a topic to a different part of the forums. After that it's people asking about coding problems; how to paste CS pet images in signatures is a big part of this. But neither of these are really difficult issues to help with, so I'm glad they're the most common ones, since there's a lot more complicated ones I could be dealing with regularly x3

Q: Any tips that you have for the members of ChickenSmoothie in order to keep a friendly community?
A: The best advice I can give is to simply keep in mind this is a game; and games are meant to be enjoyed by everyone - they're supposed to be fun. And if you want the game to be fun for you, you should try and make it fun for everyone. We have users of all ages on this site, and you should always keep in mind you never know just what kind of person you're speaking to. Just treat everyone the way you yourself would like to be treated, and always remember that age-old saying:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."
-By Toki

Mulitstaffs

Ticked off that Compumon doesn't get to make any pets? Wishing for more pets from Sorren Fey? Then the November is your kinda month! Because, you see, November is the annual Multistaff month!

What is a multistaff, you wonder? Well, a multistaff is a dog that comes from the multistaff litter, released in November annually. There weren't multistaffs the first year of CS (in 2008), as CS was really just starting up, and didn't have many staff members, but the
year after that the first multistaff litter was created as an experiment, and grew into a tradition. Most pets from the multistaff never get noticed that much, but three of them have-the Malk multistaff, the Shima mulitstaff, and the Dino PPS.

The Malk Multistaff was released in 2009, and, while having the same rarity as all the other multistaffs, it is much more in demand, making it worth around a Early '10 Rare, or a couple '08 UCs. The Malk Multistaff is probably the most in demand of all the
multistaffs, possibly popularized by the member linktothepast, who's "whole goal on this game is malk multistaffs". The Shima Multistaff is only worth slightly less than the Malk Multistaff, at around a Mid '10 Rare. It's popularity is probably because of it's personality, straight from the mind of Shima Luan.
The Dino PPS Multistaff is worth less, than the other two in demand multistaffs, ranking at around a late '09 UC, and, also unlike the other two in demand multistaffs, it is from '10, not '09. It's popularity is somewhat unknown, but is possibly because of it's cuteness", which is one of the reasons they are so popular.

Those three may be the most popular, but it doesn't mean they're the only liked ones. The multistaffs are worth more than any other pet from that month, and some think the '09 Multistaff litter might go rare, which would really boost the value of all the multistaffs, especially the Shima and Malk. "I predict that in a couple years, the Shima and the Malk multistaff will be worth enough to be on the rares list" says a CS member.
November is multistaff month, so look out for multistaffs later this year!
-By Apple of Awesomeness

Trading Etiquette

Trading and gifting can be fun, but only if you can follow the rules. A lot of newbie’s don’t know what this is for that and it’s our job as old members to help them. Don’t scam them! You can help by teaching them the years and rarity. If you’re unsure what scamming would be, PM me and I will be happy to help. I’ve seen many trading schools that have been abandoned over time. Don’t abandon them! Support schools in your signature, or suggest them in an unfair trade. The ‘Fair Trade’ thread isn’t always a good referral. Rare pets turn to Very Rare; or go down to an Uncommon. Use your mind and do what’s right. I am ashamed that some you religious people or who you claim to be; but then you turn your back on what you believe in and steal. Game or real life, it’s against everything I know about religion. Pets that change rarities are simple mistakes, but doing it on purpose is stealing.
-
Ninja trading is another form of scamming. It’s a situation in where one member finds out that the Punk Pony she traded for an Uncommon Butterfly Dog; turned Rare that night. Furious, she figures out an impossible situation in which she “accidentally” pressed accept even though Nick has prevented that by having another screen pop up and confirm the trade. She whines and complains until Nick reverses the trade and she skips off happily while the other member sits there with his Uncommon. I’ve seen many of these in the CS Problems thread. It’s absolutely ridiculous. You’ve messed up in a trade; get over it. You would never believe how many other member’s trades are trash but you don’t see them lying about it. If your Trade becomes unfair; learn from it. Trade for things within time periods and demands; not looks and Rarity.
-
Gifting is an amazing and generous thing to do. It gives other members happiness and another step toward their goal. However, it’s also very hard. It breaks my heart to see people take a gift without saying thank you or accept it before you can cancel then PM you a bland thanks. Please be appreciative, receivers; we didn’t have to give you the BE Galaxy or Cerberus. Pets like those are hard to get and when you don’t appreciate them it makes you less likely to get another gift. Gift givers, don’t ask for the gift back once you find out it turned Very Rare or whatever the case may be. You gave the gift, you can’t demand it back tht easily. If you are attached to your pets/rarities then perhaps you should reconsider being a gift-giver.
-
As the Wishlist Ninja; I’ve seen many people show examples of all I have said. Shame on all of you that scam or Ninja trade, nothing good shall come of it! I sorrow and pity all you newbies that have been scammed from our older members; they don’t know that soon you’ll have the Moonswirl. And I praise those that give and trade fairly; for those are the people who earn their ultimate goals, and not steal them. I shall be watching and gifting.
-By SuperKitti

Hoarders Vs. Non-Hoarders

What is a hoard?
A hoard is a group of the same pet that a user collects.

Why do people hoard?
Many people hoard because they like the pet or the pet is worth alot. Another reason people hoard is because it gives them something to do to keep them busy.

Why do some people not like it?
Most people don't like it because when someone has alot of a rare or hard to get pet it gives others a less chance of getting it. Some people just don't hoard because they like to trade their pets away for pets that they don't have to complete their collection. Some users get pets they don't have to complete their collectoion and they hoard a pet they like.

Some hoarders point of view
1. What made you want to start hoarding?
I first started hoarding when I received a dog from a friend, and absolutely loved the design. I had seen other made these elaborate hoards, and decided to make a small hoard so I could have a lot of dogs that I really liked. The hoard is still in progress though. x3

Well I didn't originally decide to. I kind of fell into it haha. It's kind of funny, to me atleast. I got gifted this blue balloon bunny along with a bunch of other different bunnies from a quitting friend. I fell in love with it and it became one of my favorites of the ones I was given. A day or two later I was gifted another, by a differnet friend. Then I ended up with two from trades, both from different people. So there I had 4 blue balloon bunnies without even realizing it, I had already started a hoard. My friend then asked if I was hoarding them since I had four in just three days. I didn't realize I had four of them so I went to my group and saw I had four. I thought about it and simply told my friend "I dont know" haha. She said I should because they were so cute. That hoard grew into a non stopping hoard of 77(at the moment July 8, 2011) and is still going. I also have many other haords. Those hoards I started because I loved the designs!
But my one hoard I inherited from a friend. She gave me her camo dog hoard as a gift. I still continue to hoard them :3

2. What do you like about the pets you hoard?
I love the way my hoard pets are designed. Plus, they have a beautiful theme! I love to be able to see them and know that I have a bunch of my favorite pets.

Hmmm, that seems like a simple question, but it really isn't. My hoards started by how much I love the designs. But what makes the hoards, and why I love them so much, is the people that gave them to me. Not one of my hoards would be as huge as they are with out my friends and everyone who gifted me or hwo traded with me.
On my newer hoards, and rarer hoards, I name the pets after the people who gave them to me.

3. What is your opinion about hoarding high valued pets?
Well, I have mixed opinions. I'm okay with someone having a reasonable amount of advents, or not very specific breeds. [i.e. a hoard of '09 Advents.] But when someone has 20 Moonswirls, I get a little irked. I mean, come on. Everyone is looking for those dogs, and when they are in such limited quantities, it's a little unreasonable. But, it's their opinion, and I can't change their thoughts, actions, or opinions.

People thing hoarding is bad, saying it wastes the pets and doesn`t give people a chance. But that`s what December 18th is for, rare pets can be gotten from them, so no rares run out.

I dont mind them. I love them a lot! Yes I am jealous, but who isnt. But I dont complain about them like others. Those people worked hard for their hoards. I hoard grinners and I get pms all the time about how I am greedy or selfish or annoying or mean, for hoarding grinners. Hoards are a touchy subject with me when people stated that hoarders are "greedy" or "selfish" or anything else thats insulting.
Unless someone is cheating people out of the pets, lying scamming, etc. They are fine.
I love when people have super high valued pets as hoards. They arent scared of what people say. And they work hard for them.

Extras
Well, hoarding in my opinion is basically having a large collection of your favorite pets, like how I hoards different kinds. Me and - have different hoards to each other. We also spend more time on our hoards then our collection, but some people finish their collection before their hoarding, so they focus on one thing.

-By Andreeffie

1x1 Roleplays

We've all seen them before on the forums. They have names like 1x1 rp with KidGinger! But what are they, how do we get one, and how do we succeed in one?
One on one roleplays, also called 1x1, always look interesting, and many have 'stalkers' that read but do not participate. They are roleplays that are between usually two people, but some can be between three. Topics range as much as regular roleplays, but they can be more in-depth and flexible. Usually there are less characters, making the story easier to follow.
There are many ways to get started with a 1x1. The easiest and most obvious is the One x One roleplay search thread. Many people read this forum,looking for partners, but it does move quickly, so your post might not be seen.
If you want to browse the search thread, look at recent posts. A post made a year ago might have already been answered, or the player might have quit or not come on in a while. Find a post with good, organized information. Make sure that they meet your standards, and that you meet theirs. Them, drop them a PM and organize the story!
If you want to put out an advertisement on the search thread, you should include information pretty close to this:
What I will do:(i.e. Powers, supernatural, books)
What I will not do: (see ^^)
What kind of roleplay:(i.e. Semi literate, literate)
What a potential partner must have:( I.e. # of wpp, good grammar/word choice)
What to look for in a potential partner is one of the most important aspects in finding a roleplay partner. Things to consider include how much they usually write, how often they come on, how well their grammar and spelling is, and what topics they would like to do.
Another way to get a 1x1 started is put a message in your signature saying something like,'If you'd like to do a one x one rp with me, shoot me a PM!' It will not be the fastest way, but it is likely that you will get a reply. Don't want to do that? If you are active in another roleplay with someone you might like to rp with, do not be afraid to send them a PM. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no. If you see someone with a message about 1x1s, you can PM them, too.
To succeed in a roleplay, your partner should come on regularly, ideally once a day. You do not need to write when you are both on. I am in a 1x1 where we are almost never on at the same time, so while it moves a bit slower, it still works. You should also work together to decide on a story. It is no fun if you don't like what you are roleplaying!
1x1 roleplays can be hard to set up, but the end result is full of fun and new friends.
-KidGinger

The World of PPS

Here on Chicken Smoothie, our pets start out as newborns, grow into second-stage, and then become adults. However, some are born with a disorder known as Peter Pan Syndrome, or PPS. This means that they will stay in second stage forever, and never grow old.
Over the years these pets have become very popular. The syndrome started in dogs, but has now spread to cats, horses, owls, and ever one butterfly wolf. This butterfly wolf, along with an owl egg, were the only two EPPS, egg, or newborn, PPS pets.
The first PPS pet was the July PPS, released the first month. Then there was the Rose PPS and Red-X PPS in September, the two tan PPS in October, the Skeleton PPS during Halloween, and of course the five Christmas PPS. That means that there were only eleven PPS pets in 2008.
Ever since then, we have had more and more PPS pets. We had our first PPS pony in July '09, and first horses in September. Our first cats made their debut in October '10. We had more and more dogs. One of the popular ones was the PeaPPS, made to look like a
peacock.
Now we have a lot of PPS pets come up in our litters, and some people think that we have too many. So far in 2011 we've had 20 PPS pets, moost of them dogs, but some horses owls and cats. Many people were startled by the Dino PPS litter, that featured six PPS dogs and no adults. This was believed to be overkill by many members.
However, people still love PPS, and every month we hope our favorite second stage pups become one. Some of our favorite pets are PPS, and there is a whole thread devoted to what pets would have looked cute as a PPS.http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53688 Lets give a big thanks to Tess for this ingenious idea, because without her all out pets would be adults. :P
-By SejiYume

The CS Gazette
Volume 1, Edition 3

Possible Second Generation Parents?

In my last article, I talked about one of my favorite possible pairing for second generation pets. This time around, I was able to interview .:T O K I:., the CS Gazzete's Assistant Manager, and get her opinion on what pets she would like to see as second generation parents. When first asked about the interview, .:T O K I:. surprised me with her answer. She, herself, isn't much of a second generation fan, due to the fact the offspring's designs are often "crammed with their parents designs, and either busy or boring" for her. Still, she was kind enough to whip up a pairing for me: The Light-backed Choco Galaxy and the Glowing Crop Circle.
When asked why these two pets were chosen over all other pairings, .:T O K I:. responded with a simple statement. The fact that she adores the unique markings of swirls, circles, and, of course, the glowing was her reason for pairing them together. Her favorite characteristics of each parent also helped in the decision. With the Glowing Crop Circle, she loves the circles and overall markings, how they are placed, and how the glow stands out against the black. She believes that this glow would also stand out on the brown, even if it underwent a color change. As for the Light-backed Choco Galaxy, .:T O K I:. adores the swirls and markings; the lighter-colored toes and mark on the dog's forehead being her favorites. One thing she would love to see on the pups would be the glowing tribal-like marks of the Glowing Crop Circle on a brown pelt, especially if the markings are different colors. This would, in her opinion, make the pups simialar yet different from the parents, and be something both new and old for the CS community.
-By Lunapuppy

Kitsune Litter

As you all know new pets are released every month, all made by the different artists. We all get excited to see what what up for adoption, but this month, we got a special surprise on the “Dogs” page. There, at the bottom of the list of adoptables available, was a beautiful red and white box. The Japanese flag adorned the side of the box, a white ribbon wraps around it carefully and ends in a pretty bow.

As we anxiously clicked the “Adopt Me” button and snatched up or three new pets, we were all greeted by some adorable creatures never released on CS before. Kitsunes.

There are two different outcomes, the Natural Kitsune, and the White Kitsune. The Natural Kitsune, looking very similar to a red fox with its coloring and markings, is a nice, soft rust color, with nine tails all tipped with white. Their adorable ears and black, and so are all four of their paws. The expression and pleasure on its face gives it a sweet, shy kind of look to it. Beside its light rusty-colored belly fur, there is a small swirl that looks like a flame. Who couldn't love this cutie?

The second outcome is my personal favorite, the White Kitsune. It's gorgeous body is pure white, and its nine tails are tipped with black, as are its paws. It's white fur is adorned with bright red markings, including swirls and stripes. The colors really make this adopt pop. The look on this pup's face gives it a mysterious glow. Like the Natural Kitsune, there is a tiny flame-like swirl next to its belly fur. What a miraculous adoptable!

I want to thank Selcouth for creating such a gorgeous pair for us—and wish Tess good luck moving to Japan! What a great surprise!
-By Liru

Oekaki

One way to spend time on Chicken Smoothie is Oekaki but many people still ask, “What is Oekaki?”
Oekaki is where you can draw on Chicken Smoothie, and post about it. It is like a forum board for all the drawings where you can draw your own, comment on others, enter competitions, or edit other peoples. On the Beginner’s Oekaki, anyone can post their art or comment. It is for any level of art. Intermediate is for the more experienced artists looking for good critiscism and advice. Under Editable Oekaki, artists ask if you want to edit or fix their drawings. But on sketches and expirements, you can experiment any kinds and users comment and tell you if you should use that art for your fursona, signature, avatar, or for the forum. Under competitions, users ask you to make a drawing for them with a chosen lineart or background. When you enter a competition, there is always a prize. There is always some competitors. Under Adoptable oekaki, you can adopt other peoples drawings, for a low price or for free. You can adopt fursonas, food, lyrics, and words for your signature or avatar. On the bottom, you can see the most popular oekakis of all time that were ever on Chicken Smoothie. There is also the Popular this week section, where you can see some phenomenal drawings of the week.
I interviewed Chicken Smoothie artist, Vampiric. I asked her four questions:
Do you like drawing Oekaki?
Yes I like how easy and practical our forum-inbuilt oekaki is.

How does it fell having one of the most popular drawings?
I suppose grateful for people taking the time out to look at my threads and enjoy what I do.

Do you have an art shop for other members?
No I haven't had an art shop in a long time, mainly because I get so many orders I have trouble keeping up with them.

How long have you been drawing Oekaki?
I drew as soon as it was installed o.o my first oekaki dates back to 23rd August 2009.

-By Savvy's Music

Interview with Atwood

For this edition of the CS Gazette I interviewed Atwood, one of CS's Global Moderators. He had originally been a General Helper, but later he became a Global Moderator. Atwood also runs the Guide to "Official" Dog Names, as well as their own Adoptable Shop.

1) Would you mind telling the readers a bit about your job?
Well, being a mod is fun but also a fair bit of work, and you have to make a lot of judgment calls, and occasionally people get really annoyed with you. X3 Mostly being a mod involves checking into reports that members have made, approving posts, warning people for bad behaviour (either a friendly warning or an official one), answering questions and solving issues, moving/locking/deleting threads, and generally keeping the forums tidy and safe. ^^ There's also occasionally fun stuff like helping prepare for events like the Advent calendar, whether it's by making new pets/items or just offering ideas and critiquing what the artists are working on. :3

2) How busy is your job on a normal day?
That really varies depending on how many other mods are around and what things come up, but on average I spend a couple hours each day purely on mod stuff. I probably spend about half an hour in total each day just on approving posts, since all COPPA posts have to be approved by a moderator before they become visible to anyone else, and there are a lot of COPPAed players. Dealing with new reports might take another half hour, depending on what they are, but sometimes an individual report takes that much time on its own or more (art theft reports and RP reports being the main offenders there due to the amount of Internet-searching or post-reading sometimes required with those).

There's also replying to PMs from members who need help with something, which there are typically quite a few of each day, checking the forums for questions or problems, cleaning up duplicate/spam threads that haven't been reported yet, deleting topics on request, moving topics that are in the wrong place, and so on. :3 Typically I'll make a brief sweep of the more active boards every other hour or so to check for topics that need moving/deleting/locking, since it only takes a few minutes and can be done while I'm checking other threads that I follow.

3) What's the best thing about your job?
There are a lot of things I love about the job, so it's pretty hard to pick just one thing as being best. ^^ I like being able to help people with their problems and clean up the forums as I come across problems, and I like sorting out issues for people. It's very satisfying to solve problems for people, so that's probably the best thing for me. :3 As more of a perk than an actual part of the job, I also love occasionally getting to see what the artists are working on and getting to help out with new things and see what's being planned for CS. ^^ The rest of the staff are a great team to work with as well, which is always a big plus in any job. :3

4) What's the thing you like the least about your job?
There isn't much I find particularly bad about it, but sometimes people will complain a lot about getting warnings and keep trying to argue around it (very common with art theft - "I found it on Google" is not a valid excuse =.=). That can get very frustrating, but it's generally not too bad. There are also times when someone has to get a warning for something, but due to the situation it makes you feel kind of bad about it, like if they're really new or were trying to do something nice for someone. It can be a bit stressful at times, too, like if you have to make a judgment call on something and you know your decision will probably just get both sides angry with you. X3 But really, for the most part I enjoy the job and don't come across many downsides. :3

5) Do you have any CS goals or Dreamies?
Mainly I'm going for a complete collection, or at least a complete dog and rat collection, and I also have a hoard that I want to get to 1000. :3 Unfortunately the two pets that I most want and would consider my 'dreampets' are the Moonswirl and Jeweled Sundog. X3 They've been two of my favourite pets since I joined, before I knew how extremely rare they are, so getting those two is a goal that will probably take me quite some time to accomplish. ^^

6) Do you have any pets in real life?
Yes, I currently have two Bernese Mountain Dogs:
http://pics.livejournal.com/ldjohnso/pic/000s3kk4 and a more recent photo: http://pics.livejournal.com/ldjohnso/pic/000s215d
The older one (on the right) is twelve years old, and the younger one is six. :3 They aren't in conformation (showing), but they do have titles in a couple of non-conformation things like Rally-O and Obedience, and the older one in particular has acted as a breed ambassador at some meet-the-breed events with the local kennel club. Currently the young one is being trained for draft work, and we've also taken the occasional agility run for fun, but we're not really going at that one seriously. Mostly they're both just pets and like to hang out in the garden or in my room watching me work. :3

7) Is there anything you'd like to tell the readers?
Mods really aren't as scary as people think. X3 Mostly we're regular players like everyone else; we just have a few more abilities and responsibilities than others, so don't be afraid to get in touch with us if you need help with something. :3
-By ~Eve~
CS Featured Writers

Hello, my name is Liru, and welcome to my writing column, "CS Featured Writers". Every week, I search for a user who has written a story and wishes to get feedback and tips. If you wish to apply to be written about next time, click here.

This week's writer is ♪♫Savvy's Music♪♫. They are currently writing a story called "Dear Jonathan, I'm Sorry ~Diary of A Sister~. It is about a girl named Sadie writing a diary to her younger brother Jonathan, after their parents died in the attack on the Twin Towers, in New York. She wants him to read her every word, and, one day when she dies, too, write her back. To read the story, click here.

In my opinion, this is a good topic and could make a great story. Grammer and spelling is correct, and it is well written. The only thing I suggest is to make the entries longer. People will want to hear more about what has happened. But this is mostly all I think of. I also hope they will continue to write it, as it was just beginning when they sent it to me for this article. Good luck with the rest of the book!

So, that was this week's review. Don't forget to keep checking to see if any of your stories get in here! Again, to submit something to me, post in the thread above or PM it to me. Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for your submission, ♪♫Savvy's Music♪♫. I hope it becomes very successful.
-By Liru
Last edited by SejiYume on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 am, edited 20 times in total.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SejiYume » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:42 am

Your advent dog might work actually WWG, because it's not very well known but it is rare, so people would associate it with the newspaper more.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
SejiYume

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedwolfgirl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:45 am

Well, Here she is. It is an advent dog, as I did check pretty recently when reorganizing my groups.
This is a G I F T, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
M I D A S is king and he hold me so tight
He turned me to
gold in the sunlight

ImageImageImage
"You say roleplay addict like it's a bad thing..."
I am on a quest! A quest to improve my trade group! All trades are appreciated.
Call me Wicked. Or WWG is fine too.
Over 115 pets in my hoard! Want to help? Send a trade on over!
wickedwolfgirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me