A Collection of Kite's Writings [Do Not Post]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

How's my writing?

It's lovely!
No votes
It's a fun read!
No votes
You should write a book!
100%
It's too much for me
No votes
Could use less description
No votes
I can't read
No votes

Total votes : 1

Mission Gone Wrong story

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:00 am

Don't worry, everyone lives/heals :thumbup: Help comes at the end of the story. And it could have been a lot worse for the gang if Nef didn't use his dream-weave magic to absorb some of the momentum of the crash.

IndentionA red dream-weave cloud crackled into existence. All passengers were unceremoniously dropped feet above solid ground. There was a clap of bodies hitting asphalt. The cloud warped then snuffed out.

Indention"Aaaaah heeeeellllppppp!!" Hoodwink wailed.

IndentionDamsel was uselessly pawing at the white-haired ram, feeling helpless. Beside them, Devilish was out cold.

Indention"I'm getting help!" Wile limped away for the nearby decoy house.

IndentionNefarian sucked in a stinging breath. There was a high-pitched ringing in his ears. He was familiar with the knife twisting pain in his chest: broken ribs. He tried to collect his thoughts. Mission... gone wrong... agents pursuing... an explosion... the getaway car cartwheeling end over end... Karma!

IndentionNef's vision swam as he struggled to his knees. The scene was chaos; Twisted metal, debris on fire, Hoodwink's screams replacing the tone in his ears. But where was...

IndentionKarma’s shoulders shook as his body threatened to collapse. He was unaware of the horned leader of Wicked Six advancing on him, Swindler.

Indention"Drove right into it." Swindler seethed." Trying to kill us all?"

IndentionHis usual twist of horns were alive: writhing like a coil of snakes as the leader's murderous intent spurred the rack into unchecked growth. His pupils were blown out like a shark closing in on prey. Swindler stretched out his arm, his fingers warped into a claw as the solid black of his dream-weave magic emerged.

Indention"Sic, Wolfy."

IndentionOut of a black void a monstrous beast leapt onto the scene. Its witch talons scrambled on the blacktop as it sprinted for Karma. It was baying a call that turned blood to ice; A giddy hunger to kill.

IndentionKarm looked over his shoulder. He closed his blue eyes. He was spent. Brace for impact.

IndentionWolfy gave a whine and collapsed to the ground, scraping its maw on the asphalt. Its mouth suddenly snapped shut and the crease of its jaw vanished. All the while there was a cherry red glow around its muzzle.

IndentionNefarian was standing close by. One arm braced his ribs while the other was outstretched. The remnants of his dream-weave magic still glowed from the middle of his palm.

Indention"It's...not... his fault," Nef panted, his black eyes on Swind.

Indention"You dare transfigure MY horror beast?"

IndentionYou could cut the atmosphere with a knife.

IndentionKarma wheezed. He swayed in place. He'd faint soon.

Indention"Kcup," Nefarian said softly. He took a step toward the shorter ram.

Indention"DON'T you DARE go to him." Swindler was vibrating with rage." DON'T interfere in my methods."

Indention"Swind, please. He's hurt and Dutch woul--"

Indention"FORGET Dutch! This could be his desire!"

IndentionWolfy was engulfed in black magic as it was released from their plane, dissolved in a blink. Swindler snapped his fingers and a mammoth of a creature erupted from the ground. It was like a mutated experiment of an eastern dragon and a centipede. The abomination clacked together pincers the size of dinner plates. The Six leader summoned to his side his top horror fiend, Legs.

Indention"Swind. Think about this. No plans would risk his getaway driver taken out. Why would he want this?" Nefarian's eyes were watering from the pain speaking was doing to his broken ribs.

Indention"He still needs to be punished! This is his fault!" Swindler screamed shrilly. Legs tilted his insect-like head like a mantis watching a fly.

IndentionFor several beats it was the screams of Hoodwink, the sobs of Damsel, and the ragged breathing of the rest of the party resonating across the parking lot.

IndentionSwindler turned his face in the direction of Karma.

Indention"Don't, Swind," Nefarian begged.

IndentionLegs snaked in the air, a viper ready to strike.

Indention"Please."

IndentionSwindler pointed at Karm and Legs was zooming towards the ram. Nefarian, quick on the draw, enveloped the beast's head in his dream-weave magic. The beast's eyes were pulled shut. The bug-dragon gave a piercing screech as it slammed into the ground. Nef, focusing the last of his strength on stopping the threat to his crush, did not defend against the sucker punch to his jaw.

IndentionNef saw stars. He staggered forward but somehow managed to catch himself. The asphalt bit into his palms. He barely had time to suck in a breath before Swindler was on top of him. One hand seized Nefarian by the back of his hoodie, the other hand was balled into a fist, prepared to rain down punches.

Indention"NO! NO! NO!"

IndentionWho was screaming? Hoodwink? Damsel? Was it himself? To his ears the shrieks sounded distant, muffled. He didn't realize it was fluid filling his eardrum. His brain, reeling under the barrage of sensations, grasped onto the only static image that easily came to mind: brunette curls, baby blues, those soft lips smiling....smiling...

IndentionNefarian put an arm up to block the incoming blow, then kicked Swindler with all his might. The hit sent the other ram sprawling. Nef didn't have much time, he stumbled to his feet. That was all the prep he managed before Swind was on him again, launching a blow. Nefarian ducked to the side, a miss. Swindler sent another jab, then another. Nef was weaving to avoid the strikes, his arms up to deflect a punch if he could. This went on for what felt like hours to Nefarian's exhausted body.

IndentionThen, there was a shift to their clash. Swindler stepped back and summoned a jagged blade into his right hand. His retrieval of the weapon was so lightning quick that Nef's brain did not have time to comprehend what was happening—let alone decide how to defend. He threw up his right hand, running on survival mode.

IndentionThere was no white-hot pain of being sliced. Instead, he heard the sing of metal on metal. Nefarian was holding a broadsword, the edges still glowed faintly orange from Karma’s dream-weave magic.

IndentionInstinct took over. Nef leveraged a parry: knocking Swindler's blade away with a twist of his own. Then he struck Swind with the pommel of his weapon. The Six leader crumpled to the ground like a dropped stone. Lights out, sleep.

IndentionNef let go of the sword. It clanged on the blacktop. He was running, crossing the distance between himself and his little lamb. He dropped to his knees and cradled Karma’s face in his hands. The shorter ram's eyes fluttered closed as his body slumped.

Indention"Karma, no!"

IndentionNefarian ignored the pounding of his head, the searing pain of his ribs. He only thought of Karma, Karma, Karma.

IndentionWas he saying his name out loud? Regardless, Nef pulled the smaller male into his arms, rocking in place.

Indention"Hang on, little lamb. Stay with me. Stay with me." He could be screaming the words; he could barely hear himself.

IndentionAt some point, hands were trying to take Karma from him. Nefarian snarled and clutched tighter. The fingers would not stop prying. He was being wrenched away, no, Karma!

IndentionA black haze was bordering Nefarian's vision. Closing in as the ringing in his ears came back with a vengeance. Blessed darkness enclosed him. Sleep.

BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me