[VoK] The Grassland Pride Prompt Storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

S20 - 1 Point

Postby TheLostLioness » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:35 am

Your lion learns they have been stricken with a terrible disease, how do they respond? Who do they tell? Do they search for a cure or accept their fate? How do they come to terms with their own possible end?

Kiburi had spent his whole life attempting to building a world in which one day he would be able to safely raise children with his lover and see the birth of his grandchildren. Kiburi toiled for years, scouting the lands for a defensible settlement and with fertile lands rich with prey. He worked tirelessly to arrange agreeable terms for The Grassland Pride and the other animals that call the grasslands home. Unfortunately for Kiburi, he would never see the birth of his children or any grandchildren.

Kiburi was impotent. It never occurred to him that he would be the felled tree on his path of success. Kiburi was so sure that after all his successes that he was down to the easy part.

Kiburi was deeply hurt by his own short comings. He knew that for his ailment, there would be no cure. He could chew all the herbs in the world but nothing would help. He began to feel depressed. Kiburi's wife offered the idea of adoption or even a donor, and while Kiburi listened, it simply did not feel the same to him. He wanted his line to carry on his hard work. It felt like a theft for a lion without his blood would carry on his legacy.

Kiburi eventually relented to his fate. He would never sire a litter. His legacy would not be continued by cubs of his creation and that was fine. Kiburi sought for a worthy heir at his wife's insistence, one that while not related could carry on for Kiburi. While Kiburi insisted that this cub would never be his son, he did feel some sort of pride for the cub he mentored.

281 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S5 - 1 Point

Postby TheLostLioness » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:56 am

Your founder is informed someone is after them (or a member of their pride) with the intention of harm or assassination, how do they respond? How does the pride respond? Paranoia? Anger? Confidence?

It is always troubling news to Kiburi's ears to hear that someone is plotting harm to a member of his pride. However, when Kiburi heard that the threat was aimed at himself, he could not help but feel unimpressed. As a King, it is not uncommon to be threatened over his position of power. As a predator, there is not a day that some beast does not curse his and his whole kind's existence. It is simply the order of things.

Kiburi does call a meeting to inform the pride of the recent findings. For him, it is something that there is no reason to keep secret. While his pride members might worry for his safety, he assures them that there is nothing to fear. He delivers a little speech, on how he knows his pride members a loyal and capable protectors that would never allow anything to happen to him or one another.

The pride does stir at the news. It is worrying to hear that there is someone that wishes to meddle in their happy little lives. Worrying to hear that someone wishes to deprive them of their benevolent leader. However, it is Kiburi's honeyed words that puts them at ease. Yes, they are strong creatures. Yes, they are always vigilant. No one can get past their watching eyes. No harm will come to their king, and in mere days the whole issue will become some silly inside joke for the pride. "Remember the last threat to the king's life? Dhakari didn't leave the lookout for days!"

259 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S9 - 2 Points

Postby TheLostLioness » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Draw an expression chart for one of your lions.
Art must be at least flat color headshots, and show at least 6 different expressions.

TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S10 - 1 Point

Postby TheLostLioness » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference.

"Sir, the Sentinel requested you visit their posts."

Deep within the dark cavern, a shabby yellow lion grunted as he rose to his paws in response to the fellow who called for him. The great King had been taking a nap in his royal chambers when he was awoken by the call of his Majordomo. Kiburi tried not to appear annoyed as he blinked away the sun from his eyes.

"Very well then. I will see what they want." Kiburi sighed, clearly still very tired.

"Do you wish for me to accompany you, Sir?" Asked the Majordomo.

"No need. I know my way there." Kiburi responded, pushing past the lion and began walking down the well-trodden path towards the sentry posts.

-

"Greeting my King! We have something you may wish to see!" Called down one of the Sentinels from their high perch atop the rock wall. Kiburi wasted little time on accepting the invitation. He grunted with the effort that came with scaling the multiple jumps, muttering to himself about how he was "getting to old for this. . ."

Kiburi again wasted no time in scanning the far lands. The sight before him made his jaw drop. As far as the eye could see, in uncountable numbers, was prey. Zebras and Wildebeest - even Water Buffalo.

"It appears that the herds accepted your proposal, my lord." Spoke one of the Sentinels, a laugh played in their voice.

"It appears so!" Cried Kiburi in joy. His pride would eat well so long as the alliance was unbroken.

"Quickly! Inform the hunters!" Kiburi called as he leaped down the wall.

"It has already been seen to, Kiburi." Spoke the leader of the hunt as they padded towards the King, hunting party in tow.

289 Words
Last edited by TheLostLioness on Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S10 - 1 Point

Postby TheLostLioness » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:58 am

Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference.

Hyenas within The Grassland Pride's territory were an anomaly. They weren't all to uncommon, but one might go a great deal of time without seeing one. It was rumored that they lived on the other side of the Marshlands, but Grasslands did not spend a great deal of time prying into the details of the hyena.

It was not as if the hyenas were completely in welcome in the grasslands. Any animal could come and go as they please so long as they didn't threaten the livelihood or safety of the pride. The hyenas often did little more than come for a meal and have an occasional chat. When they did stay for a chat, they appeared to be very honest and respectable creatures.

The Grasslanders let the hyenas alone.

But the presence of this battered female instantly put the entire pride on alert. Why was she injured? Who caused this? Would it be an issue for the pride?

The hyena was all to willing to chat. She spun a story not uncommon to hyenas. How she tried to fight her sister for leadership of the clan, and how she had quite obviously lost. Yet she insisted that she would not be a bother to the pride. She only needed a couple days to lick her wounds before her sister would undoubtably allow her back into the clan and thing would return as normal.

Initially, the Grasslanders were skeptical; but they clearly did not understand the way of the hyena and left it at that.

What the wounded hyena said did show to be true, as she was gone within a few days and seen again hunting on Grasslander land with her sister.

283 Words
TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

S19 - 2 Points

Postby TheLostLioness » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:38 am

Draw a growth chart of your lion.
Minimum 3 stages, 3 clean flat colored fullbodies. Background not necessary.
(Cub, Teen, Adult)

TheLostLioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me