Pekee Pamoja Pride from Ukumbi wa Paradiso

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Writing Prompt A20

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:35 am

A20 : How does your pride celebrate? What do they celebrate? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

There are a few different celebrations that are celebrated in different ways. Let's start with the first celebration a lion will experience: Maisha Mapya. This is basically a pride wide celebration for all the newborn cubs. It's held at the end of spring after all the cubs have been born. The celebration is basically a gathering to congratulate the new parents on their cubs and to welcome the cubs into the pride. They're marked by the ruling king and queen with a painted paw, symbolizing their joining of the pride. There's a few small holidays held in the summer but nothing really celebrated. The migration of the herds is the largest event of the season. Fall brings a couple of celebrated holidays. First being the coming of age ceremony. The last day of the week, the entire pride gathers together to welcome the cubs into their new roles assigned by the ruling king. They're marked differently, dependent on the role they've been given. Knights are given a mark on their chest, hunters a mark on their flanks, guards on their face, scouts have a mark on both front legs, and lions who aren't designated a specific role or deigned a civilian have a mark on their back. This mark is worn for three days. The end of the fall season is when lions start to pair off. This is known as Msimu wa Upendo. When two lions decide to pair, it's for life. They can have flings, but usually they pair with one other lion. In the case lions make the decision to join, there is a ceremony of sorts hosted for each couple. Generally the celebration is only for those involved, but sometimes family and friends attend.

(388 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding - Writing Prompt

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 am

In Character Breeding : 500 Words, Two Small Art Pieces, or One Full Art Piece
Pair : Asha and Imamu
    It was another successful run of the coming of age ceremony for Faraji, Zuri and Zuberi. Imamu smiled brightly at the three cubs, the siblings celebrating with their parents while the feisty male beamed at Nuru, his adoptive mother. The king felt a swell of pride as he looked over his growing pride. Asha, his queen and very new mate, stood beside him with a small smile of her own. He remembered when he first came to the pride and met Asha. She was so confident and independent. A lioness who inspired those around her. It had been love at first sight for him. But she was the queen. Well, the ruling queen anyway. The mother of the twins, Firyali, was the founding queen of the pride but lacking the strength to be a leader had recommended the ruling position to Asha. Imamu knew he was smitten with the mottled beauty and would often follow her around like a hopeless kitten. Never in his wildest dreams had he imagined she felt something for him to. He always thought he was a bit of a goofball but she seemed to see something more in him. You're kindhearted and caring, always looking out for those around you. Recalling her words had his smile growing softer.
    "Imamu?" The soft but determined tone of the lioness beside him pulled him from his reverie. Turning his gaze to rest on her, his smile grew brighter again. Though the look on her face seemed to say more than her voice was.
    "Is something the matter, Asha?" Surely he hadn't disappointed her in some way. He had thought the ceremony went well.
    "No, no. Nothing wrong, just..." Her words trailed off as she turned to look back at the cubs. "Thinking."
    The lion tilted his head at her words. "Thinking?" Taking a moment to observe her, he could see how her eyes softened and her mouth lifted into a gentle smile. She looked... wistful. "About what?" His voice lowered as he spoke with a hint of concern. This was very out of character for her. She was usually very stoic. What could she possibly be thinking about that has her acting this way, he wondered. She seemed to be taking her time before answering which didn't help with his worry. Was she sure nothing was wrong?
    "Cubs." Her voice was so soft he almost hadn't heard her.
    "Cubs?," he questioned. "What about them?" Why was she being so shy all of a sudden?
    "As the king and queen, we should consider establishing a royal bloodline."
    Hold on. Was she saying what he thought she was saying? "I think that's a good idea. Something we can talk about."
    Asha turned to look at him again, her gaze intense and loving. "What do you say to talking about it now?"
    "Uh..." He coughed to clear his throat. "I- I didn't realize that was something you wanted so soon."
    Her eyes trailed to the floor and her tail twitched, embarrassed. "I know we're still a new couple but I think as the king and queen it's necessary to have an heir."
    His heart clenched slightly. "Is that... the only reason?"
    "What?" The queen lifted her head quickly. "No! No, of course not. I..." Her tail twitched some more and her voice grew softer, nearly mumbling. "I want cubs."
    It was strange to see her so abashed but he found it endearing. He leaned over and nuzzled her cheek. She seemed to relax at his touch and even nuzzled him back with a soft purr. "Okay."
    She pulled back slightly to look at him with a hopeful glance. "Okay?"
    "If you think we're ready for this then I say let's do it."
(621 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A30

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:01 am

A30 : How are romantic relationships regarded in your pride? Are mateships permanent, do they have their own form of 'marriage', or just temporary flings? *Do remember to keep CS appropriate (150 words minimum)

In the Pekee Pamoja pride, most relationships are for life. This doesn't mean, however, that flings don't happen. The younger lions are more prone to flings. Some even prefer to have flings instead of serious, committed relationships. Regardless of a coupling being permanent or a one time thing, they always occur at the end of the fall season. Flings don't have rules and can just happen between two consenting lions. Permanent pairing is celebrated with a ceremony known as Msimu wa Upendo. The new couple comes to the ruling king and queen for their blessing. The king oversees the joining which consists of a few words, a trading of promises, and a special knot tying tradition. The pair is "connected" by tying a blade of napier grass around one of each of their wrists. The couple must wear this knot for a full twenty-four hours. Once the time is up, the pairing is official and the couple may remove the knot.

(160 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A3

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:37 am

A3 : What does your pride value above all else? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

The Pekee Pamoja pride was built around the principle that everyone should be accepted. Acceptance is probably what the pride values most. Not necessarily accepting negative behavior or bad deeds but at least acknowledging them. A lot of the members have felt alone or been subject to being different and made to feel bad for it. When founding the pride, Firyali wanted to make a place where no one would have to feel bad for being who they are. When members slowly started joining the pride, it was made very clear from the beginning they would be accepted no matter their looks or needs.
    In addition to acceptance, individuality is also valued. Everyone is different and that's okay. Everyone has something different and new to offer to the pride. One should embrace what makes them different. Not everyone can be strong and fearless. At the same time, not everyone can be swift and cunning. Together they thrive on their differences. If everyone was the same there wouldn't be a need to have different roles. No one would be unique. It would be boring and bland to have everyone be the same. These two values are what make Pekee Pamoja what it is. Pekee or alone representing their uniqueness. Pamoja meaning together for acceptance. Alone Together or Pekee Pamoja.
(218 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt A19

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:21 am

A19 : What is your prides "Battle" tradition? War Paint? A war dance? Prayers to a god for good luck? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

If the pride were to go to war, the ruling king would lead the charge of knights and any lion willing to fight. Before the king and soldiers leave they would be adorned in paint. Pawprints on every muscled shoulder and for the king, an extra marking to represent his status. It would also be for identification should he perish in battle. The king would also seek council from the adviser on a strategy and also with the seer for a hint of the prides fate. The ruling queen would be the acting ruler for the pride in the kings absence. The seer and healer, depending on the severity of battle, might offer up prayers for favor.
    The pride is friendly and will avoid conflict at all costs, with the exception being wild hyenas. It's one of the reasons they have more than one communicator and why knights are mostly to protect the pride members from intruders. Pekee Pamoja would rather talk things out to find a solution than fight for their way. But things don't always turn out in their favor. War doesn't happen often but it can happen.
    The ruling king, the knights, and the kings personal guard are required to go. The opportunity to join the fight is offered to the rest of the pride but isn't required. Some of the hunters offer aid. Should most of the hunters join the cause, the civilians will be asked to help with the hunting so there is someone available to gather food for the pride that remains behind.
(259 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C20

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:37 am

C20 : How and where does your pride meet to discuss things? In private council? In a public 'meeting' area? (200 words or 1 art piece minimum)

It really depends on the nature of the meeting. If the meeting is about the pride and just among the pride, the adviser will meet with the ruling king and queen (and sometimes the founding queen if it is necessary) in the royal den. This is the easiest way to meet as it's central to the pride and private enough while still being close to everyone. For special meetings such as Kuja Kwa Uzee they would meet at the Jaribio ruins in Kikoa cha Zamani region. Should the pride need to have discussions with the wild dogs to the southwest, they would meet them at the Pakiti ruins in their region. The decision to meet there wasn't one made lightly as it would give the dogs the upper hand should they turn on the lions. Believing the dogs meant no ill-will to the lions and as a show of good faith, Tendaji (the royal adviser) suggested accepting the deal. For matters that concern the entire pride and require input from the pride as a whole, they often meet at Kamwe Kuisha (the pond) and discuss things out in the open. The ruling king and queen along with the founding queen and the royal adviser take to the top of the royal den to address the pride as one. Should a particular unit require an audience with the rulers, they would request so through the royal adviser. The member wishing to speak with the rulers would simply meet with them in the royal den with the adviser being present.
(258 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C18

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:56 am

C18 : Is there a member of your pride that counteracts the founder/leader/king/queen? A voice of reason that isn't afraid to stand up to them or question them? (150 word minimum)

If there was one lion that wasn't afraid to stand up to any of the leaders of the Pekee Pamoja pride that would be Tendaji, the royal adviser. Not only was it part of his role to the pride to advise the ruling king and queen but he also wasn't afraid to speak his mind. The king minded much less than the queen if Tendaji got a little carried away in his disagreement to an idea they were proposing. Probably because the king was much more relaxed. But he had to be a voice that offered different perspectives. He also wasn't afraid to question the founding queen, Firyali. That was a special relationship as Tendaji and Firyali were mates. Mostly he did it to push her to open up and be the confident lioness he knew she could be. Even if he was objecting to the rulers, he wasn't doing it to be vindictive. His goal was to offer the best advice and propose the best possible options for the pride.
(171 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding - Writing Prompt

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:28 am

In Character Breeding : 500 Words, Two Small Art Pieces, or One Full Art Piece
Pair : Firyali and Tendaji
    The winter season was almost over. Bare branches shivered in the brisk wind as the water in the pond rippled with the gale. The white lioness stood and looked out over the plains. Along one of the sides of the mudbank, she spotted her daughter with the other hunters no doubt getting ready for another hunt. Across the pond, she could see Tendaji and their son Zuberi standing beside Asha, Imamu, and the young prince Akida. A wistful smile was starting to grow on Firyali's face. Seeing her children grown up brought her bitter happiness. They had decided to stay with the pride so it wasn't as if they were leaving her, but with them being adults now they would soon find and make families of their own. The mother wished to have company at home when Tendaji would be busy with his duties. Her thoughts strayed to memories of Zuberi and Zuri when they were cubs. How they would play together all day then, curl up with each other between Firyali and Tendaji for a peaceful sleep. She sighed softly in reminiscence.
    "I wonder what's got you smiling like that." Startled from her thoughts, she turned to see Tendaji had joined her. Embarrassed by being caught unaware her tail started to twitch.
    "Oh. I was just thinking." She glanced up at her mate. He was wearing her favorite grin. That one he seemed to only show her. It still made her insides twist nervously.
    "Is that so? I bet I could guess at what you're thinking." His grin turned mischevious and Firyali shook her head lightly with a shy smile. "You don't think I can?"
    "No, I don't." How could he guess? There's no way he could know. "But if you want to try..."
    Tendaji sat up a bit taller and sported a cocky grin. She shook her head again with a slight roll of her eyes. He's so smug. "Alright then. I'm willing to bet you were thinking about cubs."
    What? But...how? "How did you-?"
    "Easy." He leaned over and nuzzled her neck making her flush. "I noticed you looking across the pond. That...and I may be having the same thoughts you are."
    She turned her head to look at him again. "You mean..."
    "I think it'd be nice to have cubs running around again. Zuberi and Zuri both turned out strong and beautiful. Total humblebrag right now, I think we make amazing parents. Our children are proof of that."
    Firyali was stunned. She hadn't realized he felt that way. A warmth spread through her as she gazed at him. She leaned in to press her head into his dark mane. Without missing a beat, he wrapped an arm around her. She felt safe and loved. "I love you, Daji."
    She felt him chuckle softly as he pulled her in tighter. "I love you too Fi."
    After a moment she pulled away. Her tail was twitching again. "The season is almost over."
    "I know," he nodded then looked at her with a devilish grin. "Guess that means we should get to it, huh?"
    "Tendaji!" Firyali scoffed and smacked his chest with a paw. His laughter only made her flush harder. How embarrassing!
(534 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt B26

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 pm

B26 : Has your founder ever found love? How did it turn out for them? (150 word minimum)
    Firyali was a timid lioness. She always kept quiet preferring to listen rather than talk. It had been that way even when she was a cub. She, of course, had dreamed of having a family of her own one day but had her doubts. She knew she lived in her shell and nothing or no one had been able to pull her out. How could someone find love in someone like her? Little did she know that there was someone that appreciated her just the way she was. Only a couple days after founding the pride, a charismatic lion had ventured to the valley and decided to join her cause. The dark charmer, Tendaji, had actually been someone she had heard about previously. He was described as a lion who could talk his way out of anything and convince his enemies to back down. She couldn't imagine doing something like that. Couldn't fathom the idea. She remembered how he would meet with her every day. She assumed he was just being friendly. He seemed the type to make friends with everyone. Months were passing and she was starting to realize her feelings for him. Her nervous behavior was melting away into something more relaxed and calm. She was still shy of course but she didn't feel the need to close him out. At some point, he must have noticed this change in behavior because he was much more open with his flirting. Not that she minded. She wasn't sure what it was about him but he had done what she thought to be impossible. Tendaji had pulled Firyali out of her shell. They were now mates for life and had six cubs together. Zuri and Zuberi were their oldest set. Their newest litter produced four precious babies: Kito, Kamili, Jahori, and Kenyada. Perhaps when those four leave the den they will have one last litter.
(315 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt C3

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:11 pm

C3 : Who was the first member to join the pride? Why did they give it a chance? (150 word minimum)
    Aside from Firyali who was the founder of Pekee Pamoja, Tendaji was the first official member of the pride. He had actually passed through the valley only a few days before Firyali had claimed the area for the pride she wanted to create. The lion had been searching for a place to make his own pride after leaving his family home. The valley was beautiful and made a great spot but he didn't want to settle and had decided to continue searching...just in case. When he hadn't found anything better he circled back and had discovered a white lioness and several African wild dogs facing off against three hyenas. He had been in a similar situation back home which actually earned him a nickname: Anayeshawishi. Wanting to help diffuse the tension he stepped in and actually encouraged the hyenas to leave. The lioness who had introduced herself as Firyali thanked him for his help and they got to talking. She shared her dream of making a pride that anyone could go to without fear of judgment. Finding her goal admirable, he decided to join her cause. He didn't have anywhere else to go and he wanted to be in this valley anyway. It turned out to be the best decision of his life since he now has a family with Firyali.
(221 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me