Tolter Writings For Challenge Thread

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Story to Win A Tolt

Postby Ariana Black » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:41 am

230 Words

It was an interesting day for Mimea, she was getting a new halter and Ariana was designing the color for it. Ariana was sitting in the pasture with her art tablet sketching away. She started toying around with the burn and dodge tools. All of a sudden on accident, she had an interesting pattern that she liked. She grinned at Mimea and showed it to her. "Like it Mimea?" She asked the horse grinning. Mimea came over and snorted nudging it saying she liked it. Ariana was quick to take the design to the custom halter shop and had it made so that the halter could be made. The shop owner smiled and chuckled some. Ariana grinned. "I played around with the dodge and burn. Can you do it?" The man nodded and chuckled a bit. "I'll definitely be able to do it, Ariana. Mimea will have one unique looking halter." Ariana smiled and watched as he made the custom halter getting it done nicely matching her image. Ariana paid the man and was off. Once home, she went straight to Mimea's pasture and slipped inside. Mimea trotted over to her nickering. She seemed to dance in place when she saw the new halter. Ariana just laughed and put it on her smiling. She stroked her muzzle and gave her a treat afterward. Mimea always did like pieces of peppermint.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tolter Writings For Challenge Thread

Postby Ariana Black » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:58 pm

It was the day of the big arrival. Today was the day Shadow's last foal to Flash would be coming home and everyone was excited. Especially since it meant the favorite mare Shadow would also be returning with her foal. Ariana's leg was in a cast after a nasty fall an hadn't been able to drive and get her mare. That was what made her upset and anxious. A new hand was the one picking her up and she didn't know the girl very well. She had been a quick hire when Ariana hurt her leg and she was showing to be a good worker. That didn't mean Ariana was all that happy that Maddie was driving alone to pick up her mare and foal. There was nothing to stop the girl to try and steal her horses. Suddenly she heard a loud whooping sound and she let out a sigh of relief when she saw her horse trailer pulling into the drive. She smiled when she heard Shadow letting out an echoing call which was always her greeting when returning home. A tiny squeal followed making everyone laugh some. It didn't take long for Maddie to park and open the back. She had barely unclipped the ties when Shadow shot past her and went straight to Ariana. A small blue taffy roan fewspot colt with gulastra plume squealed after her. Shadow turned and her blue roan varnish appaloosa with lacing plus blue taffy with birdcatcher spots and gulastra plume chimeric pelt quivered before she went to Ariana giving her an equine hug. It was clear that they had a special bond. Maddie brought the colt forward and Ariana smiled warmly. "Why hello there, Little One." She said smiling as she petted him. He tossed his head some giving a small rear before pressing close to Shadow's right hind leg. Ariana laughed some. "How about your stable name be Flashing Shadows and your barn name be Spirit?" She asked him making the colt nicker bobbing his head some. She looked at Maddie and smiled softly. "Thank you for bringing them home safely." Maddie smiled and nodded. "You're welcome. I know you were worried since I'm new." Ariana bowed her head. "I worried unfairly." Maddie waved it off smiling some."Can I work with Spirit while your leg heals?" Ariana smiled warmly. "I was hoping that you would ask." She said warmly.

Weeks passed into months and months passed into years. Maddie had turned out to be a good trainer and had kept working with Spirit even when Ariana's leg healed. Spirit proved to be perfect for dressage though he preferred the shows where he could dance to music. He was a big lover of music just like his dam, Shadow. Though he would often show a wild streak that gave a primitive look to his movements. He looked like a wild dancing stallion and the music helped invoke an image of him being an actual wild horse when he wasn't. The crowd and the judges seemed to love that about him especially when they knew he was really as gentle as a lamb. The kids for camp loved riding him when he wasn't working. Some of the older ones that were interested in dressage would ride him or his mom. Shadow showed the prim and proper dressage dance while Spirit showed his wild side. Each teen got a chance to ride them both multiple times so that they decide who they would ride in Ariana's annual camp show that helped fundraise the rehab center for children. Ariana had to even remind them that there were other horses and that Shadow and Spirit couldn't be entered more than once. The kids seemed ashamed and started riding the others as well. Finally, the day of the show arrived and everything was decorated extra special. It was Maddie's baby brother that ended up riding on Spirit and a shy girl that chose Shadow. Thirteen other horses were also picked from her stable. All were good horses though not all were tolters. The show went off without a hitch and Maddie's brother came in first place with the shy girl in second while an older boy won third on her favorite gypsy named, Luna. It had been a while since anyone had ridden her in competition and Ariana was glad that Luna still had it. The beautiful mare was brave, bold, and powerful. She was also a natural dancer just like Spirit was. If she was interested in breeding the two species together she would see what foal they would have but so far she wasn't. She just wasn't sure how the two breeds would work together.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me