Rise Writings // DNP !

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

cascade patrol

Postby kiffell » Sat May 04, 2019 10:19 am

"Fire, Ice, Golden. Let's go we're going on a patrol." Scarletclaw beckoned as she headed for the camp entrance.
Firedragon furrowed his eyebrows, "What?! Why do I need to patrol with him" He hissed.
"I could say the same thing for you, flame-brain" Icedemon growled, poking his paw into Firedragon's chest. Firedragon's mouth drew back in a growl as he butted his head with Icedemon. Scarletclaw sighed as she walked over and stuck her paws in between the two cats' heads and pushed them away, "Will you two knock it off?!" She growled, "You two seriously act like you're 5 moons old. Suck it up we need to go now!" She spat angrily as she padded out of the camp.
"Man..Why is she so terrifying.." Goldensky breathed out. "Now lets go. Or she's gonna get even angrier." She said as she bounded out of camp.
Firedragon whipped his tail at Icedemon's face before laughing and running off. "You little-!" Icedemon roared, bounding after the flame sepia cat.
--
"So we're exactly are we going?" Firedragon huffed, "We're pretty far from camp, and Curse could be ANYWHERE!" He motioned around.
"We're going towards the Old Inn." Scarletclaw spoke, keeping her eyes forward, "Arcticstar said Curse was around the hunting grounds, so we'll pass through there."
Firedragon narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything, knowing Scarletclaw would rip his fur off if he objected.
--
The four cats padded along the forest, scanning the area for any signs of the black cat.
"Hold on-" Scarletclaw stopped, "The forest..Look up there." She motioned towards the East. The forest was dying. Once living trees faded into dark, grey, decaying trunks as dead leaves blew around them. Small prey scattered around dead.
Firedragon sniffed the air, "Curse was definitely here alright." His voice husky with anger.
"Don't get all riled up, Fire." Goldensky padded to his side, brushing up against him. His tense body relaxed a bit as he sighed, "I know. But he's here. We have the chance to take him down!" He growled.
"No, Firedragon, we don't." Icedemon spoke, "He's here, but this area died days ago, we need to investigate further."
Scarletclaw nodded, "Yes, Icedemon is right. This way, we need to keep moving towards Old Inn." The three other cats obliged and followed the ruddy tabby forward through the forest.
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

medcat ancestor meeting

Postby kiffell » Sat May 11, 2019 4:30 am

"You know you have to go, Kestrel.." Arcticstar whispered to her companion.
Kestrelbrook only nodded, not wanting to know the outcome of her journey. She padded at the dirt, thinking to herself. Arcticstar wandered up close to her, putting a paw on hers, "You're doing your best, and they'll understand that. You weren't trained to be a medicine cat. She spoke softly, her eyes locked onto hers.
Kestrelbrook sighed and nodded, "I know..I should probably head up there now, right?.." She trailed off, looking towards the Lion's Mouth.
Arcticstar only nodded before taking her paw off Kestrel's, "You could go now, or you can put it off for another 6 moons. She huffed, "Yes, go now. Don't make them wait again. You've avoided it long enough. And as long as you haven't killed a cat, which you haven't, you'll be fine." She smiled, moonlight glistening in her eyes.
Kestrelbrook looked up again, determination in her eyes and she stood up, "Alright. I'll go."
--
The travel to the Lion's Mouth wasn't too long, but she made it just in time for moonhigh. Kestrelbrook padded over to the giant waterfall, and sitting down near the edge of its exit. She laid down and stuck her paws into the cold water, and placing her nose just on the top right after. She closed her eyes and connected with the ancestors, nervous for the outcome.
--
When she opened her eyes, she was still in the same place. She jolted her head up in panic as she looked around. Everything was the same, but with little white star specks and a more blueish tint. She sighed in relief.
A silver-black pointed cat swirled in from the stardust, startling the ginger cat.
"Who are you..?" She breathed. This cat wasn't like any of the ancestors that she had known of. Not until she looked closer.
"Bonemarrow?!" Her eyes widened.
"Yes, young one. I see you've been having a bit of trouble with your duties?" She questioned.
Kestrelbrook nodded slowly, 'Yeah..Being a medicine cat just isn't for me, but nobody else in the clan as any knowledge of healing.." She trailed off. Bonemarrow only smiled and patted her head, "It's alright. It'll be a struggle keeping cats alive, but as long as someone in the clan knows how to use herbs, it's alright."
Kestrelbrook sighed in relief.
"But," Bonemarrow started again, making Kestrelbrook jump.
"You'll be relieved of your duties soon." She spoke, looking down to the ginger cat.
Kestrelbrook tilted her head in confusion, "Huh?"
"I can't say anymore. But just know you won't be stuck any longer. The wind is coming to save you."
And with that last line Bonemarrow spoke, Kestrelbrook blinked awake and back into reality.
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kit challenge - arcticstar

Postby kiffell » Sun May 12, 2019 2:17 am

all kit challenge entries will go here!
1. by their mother's stomach
2. opening their eyes
3. first interactions with siblings
4. first dream
5. first nightmare
6. first steps out of camp
7. getting groomed by mom/dad
8. interacting with their inspiration
9. tasting their first herbs
10. first taste of prey
11. playing a game and winning
12. playing a game and losing
13. exploring the apprentice's den
14. getting in trouble
15. scolded by the leader/deputy/medicine cat
16. listening to the elder's stories
17. jealous of the apprentices
18. sneaking out of camp
19. practicing hunting
20. practicing fighting

1. By their mother's stomach
The cold winter air nipped at the fur of a mother and her two kits. She tucked them closer, keeping them warm in the fresh sight of leafbare. She sighed and looked down at her newly born kittens, two beautiful she-kits. A rustle from the nursery entrance make her head jerk upwards.
"Oh Hawkclaw it's only you.." She trailed off, clearly drained from the birth of her kits that night.
Her made smiled at her, padding over to lay down and help keep their daughters warm, "Yes, Bluesnow, just me. How are you feeling?" His body laid in front of hers, paws wrapped around her sides keeping the kits warm. His tail swished back and forth.
She nuzzled her kits with dark eyes, "I'm not sure.."
His eyes grew heavy with concern as he nuzzled her, "Well why don't we name them?" He spoke, looking down.
She nodded, bringing her head back up to look at him, "By the looks of it, one looks just like you!" She beamed.
He smiled at her, looking down at the kittens, she was right. One had his ginger fur. Ginger with high white looks like, just like her mother. As for the second, it was a blue point with high white, exactly like her mother. He smiled, "One looks just like you, Bluesnow."
She looked down, "You're right!" She licked at the little blue pointed cat, "My mother said that my name was between Blue and Arctic, but apparently my father liked Blue better haha." She chuckled.
"Arctic..That's her name." Hawkclaw spoke softly.
Bluesnow looked at him, "Arctic? After..me?" She said in confusion.
"Yes you! She looks just like you, but with no pointed paws, so let's name her Arctickit!" He beamed.
"Then lets name the other after a bird of prey like you." She declared. Hawkclaw nodded.
"Let's name her sister Eaglekit. Seems fitting right?"
"Eaglekit..I like it.." Hawkclaw whispered, nuzzling the two kittens. The two sisters nuzzled into their mother more, hoping for warmth from the bitter winter air. The two parents only chuckled, laying their heads down to finally get some rest.
"Welcome to the world, Arctickit and Eaglekit.."
359 words

2. Opening their eyes
Arctickit blinked once. Then twice. Then a third time, before being hit in the face with a flying ball of moss.
"HEY! WATCH IT!" The voice of an angry mother hissed. The mother lowered her head and licked Arctickit's face, "Are you alright, dear?" She asked. Arctickit nodded, registering that the cat in front of her must be her mother, Bluesnow, and the cat next to her must be her sister, Eaglekit! Arctickit stood up, wobbling a bit, trying to figure out how her legs worked, as she wandered over to her sister.
"Eaglekit.."Eaglekit open your eyes!" She pawed at her sisters face before being picked up into the air. She squirmed trying to get out of her mother's grasp.
"Now now Arctickit. Let your sister take her time with opening her eyes. Don't rush her." Her mother lightly scolded.
Arctickit sighed, but obeyed her mother. Settling back down in her nest, pawing at the moss.
--
Being bored with moss pawing, she got up again. Her mother was asleep this time, but she didn't want to disturb her sister only to be scolded again. She scrambled up on her mother's back, looking over at all the other kits in the nursery. There weren't many, but enough to have some entertainment. The kits in the den looked multiple moons older than her. 2 moons old perhaps. She thumped her tiny tail wishing to play with them. The tossed a giant moss ball around batting it into the air and rolling it around.
"M..momma?" A small voiced mewed. Arctickit looked down at her sister, seeing her blink her eyes open. Finally she could play!
"Eaglekit!" Arctickit slid off her mother's back and padded over to her sister.
Her sisters head scanned the room, and then quickly went back down, "I'm still tired..." She groaned.
"C'mon! Let's go play!" Arctickit beamed. But her sister only curled up into a ball again getting ready to sleep.
"Eaglekit c'monnnnn" She pestered. "Don't you want to explore?"
At that word it seemed like Eaglekit was coming to her senses, "Explore?" She questioned, finally getting up.
"Yea!!" Arctickit beamed enthusiastically, "Let's go!!"
(355 words)

3. First Interactions with siblings
"C'mon Eagekit let's go!!" Arctickit whisper hissed, trying not to wake their sleeping mother. Or get the other queens and kits attentions of course. Arctickit just hoped they could play by themselves. This was their first time interacting together and Arctickit didn't want anyone to ruin it! They weren't going to do anything bad of course, just go play with a little moss ball or play Leader and Rogue.
The two kits scrambled to the closest corner of the bramble nursery as they rolled up a little bundle of moss to toss around.
"Here it comes Eaglekit! Catch!" Arctickit said as she pawed the green ball into the air.
Her sister only stuck her tongue out at her and knocked it back with her head.
Arctickit scrambled to knock the flying moss that was coming at her, so she let it hit the ground so she could start again. She flicked the ball with her front paw in a punt, soaring towards her sister. The little ginger kit backed up a bit to try and hit it back, but failed as the ball went over her head and rolled towards the middle of the nursery.
"Man...Do we really have to go over there and get it?" Eaglekit hissed as she padded up next to her sister.
"No..But if we don't the queens will get mad at us because we're "wasting moss". How does someone waste moss?" Arctickit frowned.
"Hey...Here's an idea.." Her sister whispered, "Let's get out of this crowded nest and explore the camp!" She smiled.
Arctickit looked at her younger sister and smiled back, giving her the approval she needed, "But!" Arctickit started to explain, "If we get caught this is all on you!" And with that, Arctickit began her way towards the nursery exit, hoping to explore the world.
The two sisters snuck their way through the nursery, being small enough to not be seen, and out of the den.
"Woah.." Eaglekit looked around in amazement. The camp was huge!
"C'mon, let's go before we get caught not even doing anything!" Arctickit laughed as she hopped and bounded away to the clearing. Her adventure had only just begun.
(361 words)
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kit challenge - goldwish

Postby kiffell » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:08 am

wip