create a clan ✽ aspenclan archive

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

sixteen ✽ 2/8/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 am

Number of Cats: 13
Next Moonpool Visit: February 11

Brambletooth padded briskly back into camp, gently but firmly carrying the small tortoiseshell by the scruff of her neck. Speckledpaw gave a small gasp as Brambletooth and Sootpelt entered the den along with the tiny she-kit, whose tail was injured and bleeding. "What herbs should I get?" the spotted apprentice mewed automatically to his mentor. "What do you say we should use?" the dark tabby asked, his eyes wide and serious as he gazed expectantly at the younger cat. "I—I don't know!" he stammered. "Yes, you do," Sootpelt mewed calmly. Speckledpaw gaped at him in disbelief. "A medicine cat needs to know how to make decisions under pressure. Think, Speckledpaw. Quickly!" the tabby meowed urgently. The small kit stirred, a pitiful wail escaping from her mouth. "Cobwebs. And... marigold?" the apprentice mewed, unsure of himself. "Are you sure?" Sootpelt pressed. Speckledpaw questioned himself for a brief moment, then nodded. "I'm certain of it," he meowed, swiftly retrieving the herbs that were needed. "You'll be a good medicine cat," Sootpelt murmured softly as they applied the herbs. Minutes later, the newly-named Mottledkit was curled up near the back of the medicine den, bravely enduring the pain of her tail without protest. "Good job with Mottledkit, Speckledpaw," Sootpelt purred approvingly to his apprentice, who puffed out his chest in pride. "You can stay here with her; I'll go and see if I can recover the herbs we used," the medicine cat mewed. Speckledpaw nodded goodbye and the gray tabby padded off.

Robinstar padded up to Swiftfern, her tail flicking slowly back and forth. "Hello, Swiftfern," the leader mewed with a smile. Swiftfern dipped her head in greeting. "Birdkit and Sparkkit are six moons old now, correct?" she mewed. Swiftfern nodded, gazing at her two kits with love and pride. "I can't believe how quickly they grow up," she mewed fondly, a hint of longing for the past in her tone. "It seems like only yesterday that they were smaller than bunnies." Swiftfern shook her head quickly as if to clear her mind. "I'm sorry, what is it you wanted to say?" she asked the leader. "I was just wondering if, since you won't be staying in the nursery anymore, you would be okay with mentoring Mink," Robinstar mewed, motioning with her tail to the new apprentice who was sitting quietly on his own. Swiftfern brightened. "Of course! Thank you, Robinstar," the tabby queen purred. When she had first joined the clan, Swiftfern and Robinstar had a mutual dislike for one another. As the moons went on, however, the two she-cats grew to first tolerate one another, and gradually came to enjoy each other's presence. Robinstar nodded with a kind smile before padding to her den to figure out mentors for Swiftfern's own two kits. About an hour later, the brown-and-white leader leapt onto the Half-Fallen Tree, calling the clan together for a meeting. Swiftfern emerged from the nursery, nudging her two kits forward. They had been groomed meticulously, and their tabby pelts seemed to glow in the sunlight. Birdkit sat obediently beneath the tree, but Sparkkit tried to jump up onto the trunk, stopping only when his mother took him by the scruff and sat him next to his sister. Birdkit stifled a giggle as Swiftfern hastily tried to straighten the ginger kit's fur. Robinstar beckoned to Mink, and the young tom cautiously padded forward until he was beside Birdkit. The leader smiled slightly, then opened her mouth and began the ceremony.

Herbs Used: Cobwebs and Marigold (removed from medicine store)
Herb collecting: Sootpelt
Apprentice Ceremony: Mink→Minkpaw (Mentor is Swiftfern); Birdkit→Birdpaw (Mentor is Robinstar); Sparkkit→Sparkpaw (Mentor is Brambletooth)
Patrol: Robinstar, Cricketpaw, Sparkpaw
Hunting: Brambletooth, Swiftfern, Tanglestep, Cherryclaw, Minkpaw, Birdpaw

2/10/17; purrfect. wrote:
sootpelt found alder bark and coltsfoot!

all the kits became apprentices!

the patrol passed uneventfully.

your patrol caught a robin, a fish and a vole!
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
    rose • she/her • student • passions include writing and oreos
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

seventeen ✽ 2/11/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:56 am

Number of Cats: 13
Next Moonpool Visit: February 18

"Brambletooth and Swiftfern, would you mind taking the three younger apprentices out for training while I'm away?" Robinstar mewed to the two cats, who nodded. "Of course, Robinstar," Brambletooth meowed, going to retrieve Minkpaw and his two kits. "Do you know the way to the training hollow?" Swiftfern asked Minkpaw, who shook his head wordlessly. "I'll show you the way! But you'll have to keep up with me," Birdpaw purred teasingly. Sparkpaw was already at the camp entrance. "Come on, you slow slugs!" he shouted, Brambletooth bounding after his son as he raced from camp. Minkpaw and Birdpaw bolted after them, laughing in delight, while Swiftfern trailed close behind.

Tanglestep's nose wrinkled in distaste as he watched Brambletooth leaping from the camp like some kind of kit. "Cricketpaw!" he snapped, whirling around the meet the eyes of the calico apprentice. "I'm coming, I'm coming," she muttered in annoyance, trudging away from Speckledpaw. "I'll see you later," Cricketpaw called back to the medicine cat apprentice with a soft smile. "You should be showing more respect for your mentor. You also had no business disrupting Speckledpaw's work. Cloudmask is having her kits soon, and he needs to be ready. Your endless chattering is doing absolutely nothing to help," he meowed tensely, each word like a thorn. As he spoke, he had been padding from camp, his apprentice doing the same. She clenched her teeth. For moons she had dealt with her mentor's constant censure. "What did I do wrong?" she finally meowed. "What's so bad about talking to another cat?" Tanglestep was silent for a moment, and a small flickering part of Cricketpaw's heart hoped that he was reconsidering his actions. Then, without warning, his paw shot out, hitting the apprentice hard across the face. The warrior's claws were only partially sheathed, and Cricketpaw could feel tiny droplets of blood collecting on her cheek fur. "Don't you dare talk back to me again," he hissed tersely. Cricketpaw, submissive once more, nodded silently and followed him further.

Robinstar arrived at the moonpool, swiftly padding forward to touch her muzzle to the surface of the water. Moments later, she had fallen fast asleep. When she opened her eyes, she saw her starry-furred ancestors once more. She greeted them each in turn, before making her usual talk thanking StarClan for the abundance of prey and the health of the clan members. "We do, however, have an issue," she meowed carefully. "With the exception of Cherryclaw, every single one of our warriors has an apprentice, leaving few cats available for hunting and patrols. I ask that you send me a warrior, to assist the clan." Robinstar bowed her head, signaling that she was finished, but one of the cats she had known from kithood spoke. "Before you go—" he meowed to the leader. She raised her head, confused. The StarClan warrior's eyes blazed like fire, and Robinstar knew that what he was about to say must be important. "Beware the twisted warrior with a twisted heart, or death with slowly overtake the clan," he meowed gravely. As he spoke, a gasp of shock, a shriek of terror, a wail of grief, all echoed in the trees, although the leader couldn't pinpoint where the sounds were coming from. The metallic scent of cats' blood tinged the air. Robinstar's eyes widened in panic, surprised by the short nature of the prophecy. "What do you mean . . . twisted?" she meowed frantically. She looked down, startled to see blood pooling at her paws. The other cats didn't respond, and their images began to flicker and fade. "What should I do? How can I save the clan?" she asked, but to no avail. The brown and white leader shut her eyes tight, refusing the open them and see the moonpool, even after she felt the stone beneath her fur. "Tell me—help me!" she mewed in a panic. At last, she opened her eyes and slowly rose to her paws, shuddering at what she had heard. It was the first prophecy she had received since becoming a leader, and it certainly wasn't positive. Robinstar swore she could still feel the blood at her feet, though her paws were dry. The patched she-cat took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself before beginning to pad swiftly back to camp.

"Will I still get to be an apprentice?" Mottledkit mewed back at camp, gazing up at Sootpelt with wide, worried eyes. "Of course," he meowed gently. "You're healing very well, thanks to Speckledpaw," he mewed, his eyes bright. "Thank you, Speckledpaw," the kit mewed sweetly, pressing herself against the apprentice's soft fur. "I was happy to do it, little Mottledkit," he purred in response, surprised by the sudden wave of affection. Sootpelt smiled a bit before padding into the nursery to meet Cloudmask. The pale queen dipped her head in greeting, and the dark tabby did the same. "Hello, Cloudmask. I was wondering if, since you'll be in the nursery for a few moons anyway, you would like to look after Mottledkit until she is an apprentice?" he asked, getting right to the point. Cloudmask smiled brightly. "Of course, I'd love to!" she purred in delight. "How has she been doing?" the she-cat inquired. "Everything's been going well," he responded. "And . . . how are you?" he asked, watching Cloudmask carefully. She smiled softly. "I've been doing just—'' her voice cut off, replaced with a sudden gasp of pain. "Speckledpaw!" Sootpelt called. The apprentice needed no further explanation. He gathered the herbs needed and rushed to the nursery to meet Cloudmask and his mentor.

Cherryclaw padded slowly through the forest, her tail brushing serenely against the leaves that littered the ground. Her eyes were bright and alert, sweeping over the trees and the scenery. As an apprentice, she had been constantly examined and supervised. Now that she was a warrior, if she wasn't assigned to a patrol, she was free to do mostly whatever she pleased. The young russet she-cat often took these types of walks. She enjoyed the solitude, something that she rarely got to experience at camp. Cherryclaw reached the river and bent down for a drink, her chain of catkins getting sprayed by the somewhat turbulent water. Although she pretended to despise the chain that showed her warrior status, it secretly gave her a sense of pride. Her thoughts were interrupted by the scent of prey nearby, and she figured that some hunting couldn't hurt. The young warrior dropped into a crouch, beginning to creep forward.

Moonpool, requesting a warrior: Robinstar
Training: Minkpaw, Birdpaw, Sparkpaw
Training (separately): Cricketpaw
Kitting: Cloudmask
Hunting: Cherryclaw

2/13/17; purrfect. wrote:
starclan sent you a warrior!

all apprentices learned the fighting skill!

cherryclaw caught a robin!

cloudmask gave birth to two kits!
[ kit one, kit two ]
Last edited by røsebud on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:01 am, edited 13 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

eighteen ✽ 2/14/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:59 am

Number of Cats: 16
Next Moonpool Visit: February 18

"Aren't they adorable?" Birdpaw mewed gleefully the instant Minkpaw left the nursery. "They're so tiny!" he agreed, casting a glance back towards the den where Cloudmask's newborn kits were sleeping. "Minkpaw! There you are," Swiftfern mewed as she strode over to the two apprentices. "I was just--" "I know, I know," the warrior interjected. "But it's time for training. Come on," she urged. "Will Sparkpaw and I be coming?" Birdpaw asked her mother, exchanging a hopeful look with Minkpaw. "Not today," Swiftfern mewed apologetically, though her eyes flashed with amusement as she glanced briefly between her daughter and Minkpaw. "I believe you two will be joining some of the warriors on a hunting patrol. Let's go, Minkpaw." Minkpaw hesitated a moment to mew a quick goodbye to Birdpaw before rushing after his mentor. Brambletooth padded up to Birdpaw, her brother at his side. "Birdpaw, you will be going with me, Sparkpaw, and Rabbitheart on a hunting patrol. Are you ready?" he asked. Birdpaw stood up. "Sure!" she mewed cheerfully. At the sound of his name, Rabbitheart padded slowly up to Brambletooth. "What is it that you need me for?" he mewed curiously. "Hunting patrol," Brambletooth explained. "I was about to go looking for you, but I suppose we're all here. Let's get moving," he meowed. Rabbitheart padded briskly after him, and the pair of apprentices trailed close behind.

"Sootpelt, can I speak with you a moment?" Robinstar asked, her paws kneading anxiously in the dirt. The long-haired medicine cat stepped outside. "Of course . . ." he meowed cautiously, taking in the leader's worry. Robinstar hesitated a moment, wondering if this was a bad idea, before plunging into the story of what she had seen at the moonpool. By the end, Sootpelt's fur had prickled with uneasiness. "But it'll be fine, right? Nobody has died. We're fine," Robinstar mewed dismissively, forcing what she thought looked like a carefree smile. "Robinstar, I think you should take this seriously," Sootpelt warned gravely. "AspenClan could be in danger." But his words fell on deaf ears. "Well, thanks for listening. I'll go patrol the borders, and then we'll be fine. It'll be fine. We're fine," she said, her mew becoming insistent and almost challenging, as if she dared the dark tabby to argue. "Robinstar, maybe you should rest . . . I have some poppy seeds," the medicine cat suggested cautiously. "No, Sootpelt. I have a clan to take care of. I'm going on patrol," she meowed decisively. "Cherryclaw, come with me." Sootpelt didn't get the chance to utter another mew before she padded briskly from the camp. Cherryclaw jumped up to her paws, scrambling to catch up with the leader. "Is . . . is Robinstar okay?" Speckledpaw mewed carefully, going to sit next to his mentor. Sootpelt took a deep breath. "Well, apparently she's fine," he mewed dryly. "I heard what she said about the prophecy. What does it mean?" the apprentice asked. Sootpelt met the young cat's gaze for a moment, then averted his eyes. It could be that he didn't know, or that he was simply afraid to say.
Hunting: Brambletooth, Sparkpaw, Birdpaw, Rabbitheart
Training: Minkpaw, Cricketpaw
Patrol: Cherryclaw, Robinstar
Herb Collecting: Sootpelt, Speckledpaw

2/19/17; purrfect. wrote:
your cats caught a hare and a fish!

the apprentices learned the swimming skill!

your patrol found an apprentice!

sootpelt and speckledpaw found heather nectar and juniper berries!
Last edited by røsebud on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:18 am, edited 11 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nineteen ✽ 2/21/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:03 pm

Number of Cats: 16
Next Moonpool Visit: February 28

Tanglestep nodded seriously. Cricketpaw nodded as well, bouncing in excitement by her mentor's side. Robinstar had just finished explaining the new procedure for the young calico to become a warrior. Cricketpaw was a bit reluctant to spend five days on an island with Tanglestep, but he wasn't supposed to interfere anyways. "One of the medicine cats will accompany you, in case anything goes wrong," Robinstar mewed. Cricketpaw's head tilted in confusion as she thought that she saw Tanglestep's fur bristle just slightly in frustration. Robinstar, standing tall, padded to the medicine den. It had been two moons since she received the daunting message from StarClan, and nothing had gone wrong. Surely AspenClan would be okay. "I'll go!" Speckledpaw volunteered readily, jumping to his paws. Sootpelt smiled slightly, nodding. The spotted apprentice grinned brightly at his mentor's silent approval. "Do you really think this is the best idea?" Robinstar murmured to Sootpelt. "He can do this, even if he doesn't know he can. He isn't finished his training, but he's capable of more than he knows," the dark tabby mewed thoughtfully. Robinstar nodded slowly. "Speckledpaw, you know you can't talk to Cricketpaw until the last day," the leader mewed. Speckledpaw nodded, looking a bit dejected. Still, he thought, it's better than being friendless for five whole days. Once the three cats were ready, they mewed their goodbyes and swam the short distance to the small island in the lake.

The first day was rather uneventful. Cricketpaw was able to catch a mouse and a small vole, and she put together a flimsy makeshift nest from brambles and twigs. Late at night, she found herself staring up at the waning moon, unable to sleep. The apprentice decided to take a walk and familiarize herself with the island. As she wandered, she came across Tanglestep sleeping in what seemed to once have been a fox den. She scurried away quickly, afraid that her mentor might wake up and think she was spying on him. "Speckledpaw? You're still up?" she mewed cautiously into the night as she spotted the mostly-white pelt. Speckledpaw whirled, around, surprised, until he saw his friend. "Hi, Cricketpaw," he mewed with a friendly smile. His pale eyes seemed to glow in the dim light of Silverpelt. "It's a beautiful night," the she-cat murmured thoughtful, a smile playing at her lips as she thought of what she might say next. "This is pretty unusual. It's just the two of us, alone on an island, and Tanglestep is fast asleep," she mewed, her amber eyes drifting to the sky. Speckledpaw nodded cautiously, wondering what turn the conversation might take. Cricketpaw took a deep breath, steeling herself. "Speckledpaw, ever since I met you, we've been close friends. I don't really know how to say this, but . . . I want to be, maybe, more than friends?" she mewed carefully, her eyes wide with anxiety and hope. Speckledpaw was taken aback and he fumbled for words. "I know you're a medicine cat apprentice, but I can't deny what I feel for you," Cricketpaw continued, "And I know you feel the same for me. I . . ." Her voice trailed off, unable to utter the simple words. Speckledpaw shook his head quickly. "Do you know what you're asking of me?" he whispered. Now it was Cricketpaw's turn to be taken aback, and her heart plummeted. "You're telling me to give up my rank, to go against my beliefs . . . I can't," he mewed earnestly. "But . . . but surely you feel this too?" Speckledpaw lowered his head, shaking it once more. "You're my closest friend, Cricketpaw. But that's it," he meowed, his voice weak with sadness. "I'm so sorry." Cricketpaw blushed wildly beneath her pelt, forcing herself to laugh lightheartedly. "This is so embarrassing," she muttered, tears stinging her eyes as she fled back to where she was sleeping.

"Hello, Cricketpaw," Tanglestep meowed coolly, appearing seemly out of nowhere behind Cricketpaw, who jumped up from her hunter's crouch. "You're not supposed to be interfering," she mewed shakily, her heart pounding as she wondered if her mentor had seen her with Speckledpaw two nights ago. "Be quiet and I'll make this quick," Tanglestep hissed. Before Cricketpaw could even mew in confusion, he knocked her easily to the ground so that she was on her back. "What are you doing?" she meowed, fear evident in her voice. "If you insist on an explanation, you've never been anything but annoying. You'll be of no use in my Clan, and this is the perfect chance to get rid of you." Instead of asking what he meant by "my Clan", Cricketpaw simply shrieked in terror at the sight of his outstretched claws, her voice resonating through the trees. The piercing cry was loud enough even to reach the camp, where Robinstar quickly alerted Sootpelt and Brambletooth, and made their way to the island as fast as they could. "Foxdung! You worthless idiot!" Tanglestep hissed. He picked up the rapidly approaching scent of Speckledpaw and hastily swiped his claw across the young she-cat's throat. The warrior threw her body onto a sharp, jutting rock just as Speckledpaw appeared. "Cricketpaw!" he gasped, rushing to the apprentice. "I don't know what happened! I was watching her, and then she tripped on some brambles and her neck must have hit the rock," Tanglestep lied, fake worry dripping from his mew. Cricketpaw's eyes opened wearily, getting wider when she saw Speckledpaw. She tried to speak, but her throat only gurgled helplessly. "She's alive!" Speckledpaw breathed, wanting to weep with relief. Tanglestep's tail lashed and he gritted his teeth in anger. "I'm here, what happened?" Sootpelt meowed breathlessly, panting with exhaustion and his pelt dripping wet. He didn't even need an answer, however, immediately seeing Cricketpaw lying wounded on her side. Robinstar padded up beside him, her sides heaving as she breathed heavily. "Will she live?" the leader asked, voicing the question they were all thinking. Sootpelt stood up from examining Cricketpaw. "Her wound is too deep," he mewed, his voice cracking with grief. Speckledpaw's eyes widened in horror. "No . . . you can't let this happen! You're a medicine cat! Do something! There must be something we can do," Speckledpaw pleaded. "I'm sorry, Speckledpaw. No herb could fix this damage," Sootpelt meowed calmly. He tried to touch his side comfortingly to his apprentice's, but was pushed away. Robinstar padded forward, her eyes full of sorrow. Cricketpaw saw her and flailed helplessly, aching to warn her of Tanglestep's doing. But her voice only gurgled, and Sootpelt's gray paw pushed her down, willing her to stay still. "I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has learned the warrior code and given up her life in the service of her Clan. Let StarClan receive her as a warrior. She will be known as Cricketleap," Robinstar announced to the small congregation of cats. It was silent as she gently removed the catkin anklet. Speckledpaw padded forward, pushing his nose into Cricketleap's cheek fur. "Me too," he breathed, his eyes clouded with pain as he stood up. Cricketleap met his gaze for a brief moment, understanding passing between them before she took her final breath.

"Of course we're telling the apprentices! You're being ridiculous, honestly," Tanglestep scoffed. Brambletooth frowned, his eyes still crowded with grief for the young she-cat. "It's just that... with Cricketleap's death, the apprentices may be afraid to even step foot on this island," Brambletooth mewed. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but Cricketleap deserves to be remembered," Sootpelt interjected. "Besides, it wasn't the island's fault Cricketpaw died. It was her own clumsiness that killed her," Tanglestep argued harshly. "It's Cricketleap," the deputy reminded him. "I'm just trying to protect our future warriors. I don't want them to be terrified of this place," Brambletooth implored. "If you want to keep them safe, tell them was happened so they'll actually take their time and be careful," Tanglestep spat. Robinstar and Speckledpaw were both silent. The apprentice was overwhelmed with grief and pain, and the leader was deeply troubled, thinking of the ominous prophecy. "We'll tell them what happened," Robinstar murmured absently. "They need the warning." Her eyes flashed with fear. "Let's bring Cricketleap back. Quickly. I have to go to the moonpool," Robinstar meowed urgently.

Killing Cricketpaw/Cricketleap: Tanglestep
Training: Shrikepaw, Birdpaw, Sparkpaw
Hunting: Minkpaw, Rabbitheart, Tanglestep, Swiftfern
Moonpool: queen
Looking for herbs: Speckledpaw, Sootpelt

3/1/17; purrfect. wrote:
a blizzard is coming! it would be a good idea to catch a lot of prey. small prey like mice and squirrels are easier to catch.
cricketleap has joined starclan.

the apprentices have learned the climbing skill!

your cats have caught a robin, a hare and a mouse!

starclan has sent you cloudmask's littermate!

sootpelt and speckledpaw found ragweed and snakeroot!
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twenty ✽ 3/2/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:07 pm

Number of Cats: 19
Next Moonpool Visit: March 8
Next Kitting: Asterflame (2 moons)

"Excuse me?" Speckledpaw asked softly, trying to keep his voice from shaking. Tanglestep spun around, looking confused. "What are you doing here?" the warrior growled lowly. Speckledpaw gulped. Every cell in his body was screaming at him to flee to camp, to go and speak to Sootpelt or Robinstar instead of Tanglestep. "It's just... when I was at the moonpool, I saw Cricketleap. All she said was... she said 'It wasn't a rock'," the speckled tom mewed cautiously. Tanglestep's ears twitched in curiosity, but his expression was placid. "How can you trust what you saw in a simple dream? Cricketpaw is dead," he meowed coolly, moving to sit in front of a mangled vole. "W-what are you doing?" Speckledpaw asked warily, peering at the piece of prey. He gasped softly. A deep slit had been cut in the vole, and it seemed to be stuffed with... "Are those deathberries?" Tanglestep scowled, a low hiss escaping his mouth. "I should have known this would happen," he sighed. Before Speckledpaw could even react, there was a flash of movement and the apprentice was being pinned to the ground. His heart pounded in his chest, threatening to burst. Wasting no time, Tanglestep scooped up a few of the berries. "You and Cricketpaw... you weren't only friends, were you?" Speckledpaw's throat was clogged with terror, but his eyes betrayed him. "I knew it," Tanglestep purred with delight. "Have fun in the Dark Forest for breaking the code." Speckledpaw mustered up his courage. "I'll see you there," he managed to hiss, and Tanglestep couldn't help but laugh out loud. "You're adorable," he murmured before forcing the berries into Speckledpaw's mouth. Within minutes, the small tom was dead. Stoic as ever, Tanglestep arranged the apprentice's limp form beside the deathberries and padded briskly to discard of the mangled vole and wash his paws of any trace of the deathberries. Today was a good day, he thought with satisfaction before returning to camp.

The dilute calico trailed behind Robinstar, peering around at the forest full of trees. "Here we are," the leader murmured absently. StarClan had shown her nothing of how to save her Clan from doom. Death was inevitable, it seemed. The newly-named Asterflame didn't take notice, padding eagerly through the entrance of the camp. Her head was held high, and her bright gaze swept across the dens and faces. Robinstar gave whoever was listening a half-hearted introduction to the young queen before padding into her den, looking very distraught. Asterflame sniffed curiously. The air was thick with the scent of numerous cats, but one scent stirred up memories of kithood. A soft voice drifted through the air. "Eat up, Ivykit. You want to be a big, strong warrior one day, don't you?" Asterflame's ears pricked toward the nursery, the source of the voice. The lean calico rushed to the den, finally spotting the other pale queen. Beside her, a fluffy calico was batting a moss ball around along with a smaller dilute calico who looked almost like Asterflame herself. A small tortoiseshell was crouched in front of Cloudmask, taking a small bite of a mouse. "There's a good girl," Cloudmask purred, still not yet noticing the other queen standing speechless in the entrance to the nursery. That is, until she stood up and turned to address the other two kits. The two queens' eyes met. "Aster?" Cloudmask mewed cautiously, rising to her paws. "Cloud..." Asterflame murmured in wonder. Her eyes prickled with tears. "Cloudmask, now," Cloudmask corrected with a small smile. "It's been so long..." Asterflame nodded quickly. "It really has. My new name is Asterflame," she mewed before crouching in front of one of the kits who was peering at her curiously. "Are they all yours?" she asked Cloudmask, who shook her head. "Poppykit and Ivykit are my own kits," she explained, motioning with her tail to each kit in turn. "And little Mottledkit here was found on a patrol." The larger calico stepped forward eagerly. "My tail was all messed up, but now it's perfect," she boasted, her tail twitching excitedly as if to demonstrate. "Momma, who is she?" the tortie squeaked, her voice tiny and frail. "I'm your mom's sister, Asterflame," the new queen explained, smiling reassuringly at the nervous little kit. "Sister? Momma, you have a sister?" Poppykit mewed, bewildered. "Yes, sweetheart, but I haven't seen her in many moons," Cloudmask responded. Asterflame was about to announce that she was expecting kits of her own when a sharp wail pierced the air. "Stay inside," Cloudmask urged the kits before rushing to the den's entrance with her sister. The wail had come from Birdpaw, and Minkpaw had pressed himself against her in an attempt to comfort her. Speckledpaw's limp form was being carried by Cherryclaw, whose usually stoic eyes were etched with worry. "What's going—" Robinstar's voice came to a staggering halt when she saw the spotted tom's lifeless body. However, instead of grief, her eyes shone with fear and anger. "Who did this?" she hissed. Sootpelt rushed forward, pushing down his sadness in order to examine Speckledpaw. "It was no cat's fault. He ate deathberries. It must have been an accident," the medicine cat explained, his voice cracking with grief for his apprentice. "All of this—first Cricketleap, now Speckledpaw—this is someone's fault. StarClan knows who is tormenting us, and yet they refuse to tell me," Robinstar growled. "Tanglestep, meet me in my den, please," the leader mewed shakily, padding briskly into her den. Tanglestep swallowed, his tail tip twitching uneasily. "Of course," he meowed steadily, willing himself not to show fear as he followed Robinstar into her den. The patched she-cat dug her claws into her nest, her eyes full of worry. "Tanglestep, there is something I would like to tell you. Two or so moons ago, I received a prophecy from StarClan. They—they said to beware the warrior with a twisted heart... or death would overtake the clan," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper, shaking as she repeated the haunting words. Tanglestep nodded slowly. Well, she wasn't accusing him of murder. That was a start. "Why are you telling me this?" he asked softly, his eyes narrowing. Robinstar didn't answer at first. Her eyes were distant and unfocused, as if she didn't even see the den around her. "I trust you," she meowed simply after a long pause. "Have you told Brambletooth?" Tanglestep couldn't help asking. Robinstar shook her head wordlessly and the dark warrior felt an odd flurry of satisfaction. "Thank you for telling me," Tanglestep mewed. When the leader didn't respond for a full minute, the tom rose silently and padded from the den. Minutes later, Robinstar left her den, heading briskly toward the moonpool without a word to anyone else.

Pull yourself together, Sootpelt. Today's the big day, Sootpelt reminded himself. While the other cats were distracted, he slipped out of camp, running as fast as he could to the BirchClan border. When he arrived, he was greatly relieved to see Finchtuft waiting with the kits, who were now apprentices. Their meeting went by far too quickly. Before he could say "mouse," it was time to say goodbye to three of his five kits. Two of them, Goosepaw and Pebblepaw, would be coming to join AspenClan. "What was mom like?" Goosepaw asked as they walked. A wistful look came into Sootpelt's eyes as he stirred up memories of his mate. "Your mother was a wonderful she-cat. He was smart, and brave, and... I'm sure she loved you very much." The dark tom's voice faded and he willed himself to stay strong in front of his sons. "And what's AspenClan like?" Pebblepaw mewed carefully, his voice timid. "Well, for starters, there aren't as many cats in AspenClan as there are in BirchClan. There are four other apprentices, and I think you'll get along well. You'll like it," Sootpelt meowed, although even he wasn't sure if he was encouraging the apprentices or reassuring himself that they would be happy. After Sootpelt had disguised the two apprentices' BirchClan scent, he led them to the camp. The medicine cat spotted Brambletooth and padded briskly up to him. "Brambletooth, I was out collecting herbs when I found these two cats. They were all alone. I believe that they know how to hunt, but that isn't enough for them to live on their own. I would like for them to join AspenClan," Sootpelt mewed. The deputy nodded slowly. "That's fine by me. I'll talk to Robinstar about it when she gets back," Brambletooth decided. Sootpelt dipped his head respectfully and gave a mew of gratitude.

"Do you really think it's a coincidence?" Birdpaw whispered to Minkpaw, her eyes concerned. "What do you mean?" Minkpaw asked quietly, despite knowing exactly what she meant. "It's just... Cricketleap dies... And then a moon later, Speckledpaw dies as well. Maybe... Maybe they weren't just accidents," Birdpaw murmured, her troubled eyes gazing into Minkpaw's. The two apprentices pressed close to each other. "I—I don't know," Minkpaw admitted, looking just as worried as Birdpaw. "Who's next?" the young she-cat whispered, her voice barely audible. Minkpaw was about to attempt to reassure her when Mottledkit trotted up to her. "So who do you think did it?" she mewed. "Mottledkit! You should be in the nursery," Birdpaw scolded, her voice shaking despite herself. "But it's so boring there! Besides, I'm practically an apprentice. I should be allowed to join in your conversations," she argued boldly. "Cricketpaw and Speckledpaw's deaths were both tragic accidents," Tanglestep meowed sternly from behind the three young cats, his claws partially unsheathed. Luckily, the warrior only cast a sinister glance towards each of the cats before stalking away. "Your birth was a tragic accident," Mottledkit muttered once Tanglestep was out of earshot. The calico kit gazed back to the nursery, looking reluctant. "Alright, well, I'd better go," she mewed reluctantly before lumbering back to the den. Swiftfern padded swiftly up to the cluster of apprentices. "Birdpaw, there you are. Since Robinstar is at the moonpool, you'll be joining me, Minkpaw, Brambletooth and Sparkpaw for training today," she meowed. Minkpaw stood quickly, ready to join Birdpaw and her brother. "Bye!" Sparkpaw mewed to Pebblepaw, who he had been talking to, before bounding after his parents and the two other apprentices. Sitting alone, Shrikepaw traced a pattern in the dirt with an outstretched claw. He didn't even notice when a silver tabby approached him cautiously. "Excuse me, but did you know Speckledpaw well?" Goosepaw mewed awkwardly. Shrikepaw raised his head before shaking it slowly. "I j-joined only a m-moon ago," he responded simply. Goosepaw gave a small sigh of relief. "Thank goodness... I mean—It's terrible, and I feel awful but... I just feel a bit out of place," he admitted quietly, his gaze sweeping over the mourning faces of his new clanmates. "I u-understand. When I f-first came here, I f-found out that an ap-apprentice had d-died earlier that day," Shrikepaw mewed casually. Goosepaw's eyes widened. "Do... Do apprentices die regularly here?" he asked, traces of his fear-scent tainting the air. Shrikepaw froze, glancing around uneasily. "I don't th-think so. S-Sootpelt says it's just a co-coincidence, and that both of their d-deaths were just accidents," he mewed, his eyes narrowing. Goosepaw nodded slightly, although he hardly looked convinced.

Robinstar grit her teeth, restraining herself from splashing her muzzle carelessly into the placid water. Instead, she exhibited all the strength she could muster and gently touched it to the pool. Within moments, sleep had gripped her like the talons of an eagle, and she found herself in the forest, surrounded by StarClan cats, Cricketleap and Speckledpaw among them. "Where have you been?" Robinstar shouted, wanting to score her claws along the starry pelts of each and every cat she saw. "You know what's happening! You've seen what's going on! Why must you do this to me?" she screamed, her claws digging into the earth. The StarClan cats were silent; they seemed to be waiting for her to finish speaking. "And you," she hissed, approaching Cricketleap and Speckledpaw. Cricketleap stood tall, but Speckledpaw found himself instinctively taking a step backwards. Unfortunately, Robinstar noticed, and narrowed her eyes into thin slits. "What, are you scared of me? I'm not the one you should be fearing. I haven't done anything wrong. You know how you got here! Why are you keeping secrets from me? Why have you abandoned me?" Another moment of silence passed, and Robinstar lashed her tail in frustration. "Well?" A soft, calm voice drifted from one of the cats, the cat who had first delivered the prophecy. "You're afraid, Robinstar, and that's understandable. But your fear is clouding your judgment." The patched she-cat whipped around, peering skeptically at the StarClan cat. "Look around. The cat to be feared is one you place highly," another cat mewed gently. "Well, if I'm so bad at making decisions, why don't you do something?" Robinstar spat. A third starry-furred cat shook their head slowly. "This is not our place to interfere. Goodbye, Robinstar." The leader shook her head, her eyes panicked. "No... don't leave me! Please, I can't—" As she spoke, the sun-dappled trees began to fade. "No, wait! Please! Just one more thing!" she sputtered helplessly, her claws scrabbling at the earth in a feeble attempt to stay in the dream. But soon enough, the dirt was fading, and she began to feel the cold stone beneath her. Robinstar shut her eyes, though the sunlight from her dream still pushed its way through her eyelids. "A warrior—another warrior for AspenClan. That's all I ask," she called, daring to open her eyes. The moonpool lay before her, still and silent. The white-and-brown leader rose shakily to her paws, not even sure if StarClan had heard her final request. But whether they had heard wasn't the question. It was whether they would listen.

Moonpool: warrior
Killing Speckledpaw: Tanglestep
BirchClan has given AspenClan two of Sootpelt's kits, Goosepaw and Pebblepaw
Hunting:
Cherryclaw, Tanglestep, Rabbitheart, Shrikepaw, Goosepaw, Pebblepaw
Training: Minkpaw, Birdpaw, Sparkpaw
Herb Collecting: Sootpelt

3/12/17; purrfect. wrote:
the blizzard has passed and the snow is slowly melting. newleaf is almost here! new cats are easier to find on patrols, especially with a raffle cat.

speckledpaw has joined starclan.

your cats have caught a vole, a squirrel and a robin!

sootpelt found lavender!
Last edited by røsebud on Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:34 am, edited 17 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twenty-one ✽ 3/14/17

Postby røsebud » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Number of Cats: 20
Next Moonpool Visit: March 21
Next Kitting: Asterflame (1 moon)
Prey Eaten: 4 servings- 1 hare, 1 mouse

Returning from her first solo assignment, Mottledpaw found that the camp was covered in a hefty layer of snow. Luckily, it seemed to have stopped, and the sun shone brightly. Almost immediately, she went for the warmth of the nursery until she remembered her new apprentice status. With her held held high, she trudged through the snow until she reached her new den. "Hi, Mottledpaw," Birdpaw chirped, sitting up. "Good morning," the younger she-cat replied cheerfully, reveling in the warmth of the den. Minkpaw, who had been sharing a mouse with Birdpaw, glanced up at her. "So how was it?" he asked, his blue eyes full of concern. "Cold," Mottledpaw answered simply, grinning. "Thank StarClan I didn't freeze to death," she joked. "At least it's getting warmer," Goosepaw interjected. "Y-yeah, it'll p-probably m-melt in a f-few d-days," Shrikepaw added, his voice shaken by both his stutter and his shivering. As Birdpaw and Minkpaw went back to their mouse and Shrikepaw and Goosepaw returned to their conversation, Mottledpaw felt very out of place. She slipped back outside and made her way to the nursery. "Mottledpaw? What are you doing here?" Ivykit mewed, tilting her head in confusion. "You're an apprentice, remember?" Poppykit added. Mottledpaw smiled slightly. "I know that. I'm just saying hi," she mewed defensively, sitting down. "I can't wait until you two are apprentices," the little calico murmured wistfully. Ivykit nodded with enthusiasm, while Poppykit's eyes strayed toward the medicine den. Outside, Mottledpaw saw Stormriver, the new warrior and her mentor, poking his head inside the apprentice den. When he emerged, he looked distraught and confused. After a few moments of peering around, he saw the bright calico pelt and strode over. Stormriver mewed a quick hello to the other cats before telling Mottledpaw that they were to have a training session. As soon as he was gone, Asterflame playfully prodded her sister. "He's a cutie, isn't he?" she joked, waggling her eyebrows. Cloudmask couldn't help but laugh. "No, thank you. I'm perfectly satisfied with Tanglestep," she purred. Asterflame smiled, but her eyes were concerned as she watched the harsh way that Cloudmask's mate ordered his apprentice around. "Be careful with that one," she warned in a soft murmur. "He'll do what it takes to survive." Cloudmask looked up at her sister with a worried look. She was about to say something, but the knowing look in Asterflame's eyes was enough.

Brambletooth slowly approached Robinstar, trying to ignore the wild and distant look in her eyes."Robinstar, I'm not sure if you were aware of this, but Minkpaw, Birdpaw, and Sparkpaw are nearly ready to become warriors," he meowed gently. "Yes, I know. What's your point?" Robinstar snapped, despite not knowing what he was talking about. Brambletooth swallowed. "Swiftfern is ready. How about the three of us take our apprentices out for training?" he suggested, waving his tail toward his mate, who was standing nearby. "No. I have to patrol the borders. You should order extra patrols as well. You never know who could be lurking..." the leader hissed ominously before getting up at once and padding from camp, her tail slashing the air behind her. Brambletooth waved Swiftfern over, and the two of them went to the apprentice den to fetch the three oldest apprentices. "Robinstar is out on patrol, so Brambletooth and I will work together to train all three of you," Swiftfern told them, unable to keep the irritation out of her voice. The entire Clan was stressed, but Robinstar had to pull herself together and be a good leader. Once Robinstar had reached the border, she crouched down, sniffing everything and peering around suspiciously. The surface of the river had frozen over, and the patched leader stepped onto the surface, not realizing how thin the ice was. Robinstar took one step closer to the middle of the river and found herself plunging into the frigid water. She cried out, a piercing scream that resonated through the forest. Brambletooth had been leading Swiftfern, Minkpaw, Birdpaw, and Sparkpaw when he heard the leader's shout. "Stay here," he advised before rushing toward the source of Robinstar's voice. When he arrived at the river, the leader's head was bobbing along the surface, and she seemed to be thrashing in the current. "Robinstar, hold on!" Brambletooth called, racing along the edge of the water and trying to pinpoint her position. His heart pounded as the she-cat's patched head disappeared below the surface and didn't seem to return. Brambletooth dove into the river, his paws churning as he swam to the bottom. Through the clear water, the deputy could see Robinstar's limp form. A moment later, she stirred and tried to make her way to the surface. Her strength, however, was failing. Without hesitation, Brambletooth swam up below her, pushing her body to the surface. He eased her onto the sand before scrambling up and shaking the icy water from his thick pelt. The large red tabby watched anxiously as Robinstar lay still once more, feeling a great deal of relief when she coughed, sputtering up a mouthful of water. "You're alive, thank StarClan!" Brambletooth exclaimed, stepping forward to help the leader to her feet. Robinstar continued to cough for a few more seconds. She jerked away when the deputy tried to help her and instead stumbled to her paws on her own. "It was you," she hissed at Brambletooth, her glaring eyes like thorns. The tom blinked, taken aback. "W-what? I didn't try to hurt you. I... I helped you get out from the river," he whispered, stumbling over his words. "Liar! You pushed me in, you must have," Robinstar spat accusingly. Brambletooth shook his head. "No, I was training with the apprentices," he insisted. "Robinstar, you should go back to camp. Sootpelt will have some herbs for you, I'll bet." Robinstar narrowed her eyes at him in suspicion before slowly beginning to stalk away.

"Robinstar! Stars, what happened to you?" Sootpelt gasped upon seeing the drenched and shivering leader. "I fell into the river," she meowed bluntly, her eyes hard. "Come in, please, sit down," Sootpelt mewed, readying a nest and rummaging through his herb supply. He didn't notice Poppykit appearing in the entrance and watching inquisitively. "This better be quick," Robinstar muttered. "I would like to have a word with StarClan." Sootpelt looked up suddenly, bewildered. "In this condition? Robinstar, do you really thing this is wise?" he asked gently. It was only then that he spotted Cloudmask's daughter. "How can I help you, Poppykit?" Poppykit glanced down shyly. "I was just watching," she mewed quietly, her gaze lifting to the herb clutched in Sootpelt's jaws. "What's that herb?" Sootpelt tilted his head, surprised at the little she-cat's interest in medicine. "It's called lavender. It helps with fever and chills," he explained as he worked. Poppykit nodded, taking in the new information with a small smile. "Poppykit! Please don't bother Sootpelt while he's trying to work," Cloudmask called from the nursery, waving her daughter over. "Sorry," Poppykit squeaked to the medicine cat before rushing back to the nursery. "Really, it's no pro—" By the time Sootpelt had started to speak, she was gone. "I'm leaving. I'll see you later," Robinstar announced. She stood up to leave for the moonpool, but Sootpelt blocked the way. "No, you need to rest and get better. You will be staying in this den until I say that you can go," he declared. Robinstar looked offended. "I'm the leader! You have to do what I say," she shouted, losing her temper like a petulant kit. Sootpelt sighed, thoroughly exasperated. "Fine. You go off and travel all the way to the moonpool in your current state and in the aftermath of a blizzard. But I'm the medicine cat, and I say that you should at least regain your strength before you risk losing another life," Sootpelt meowed coolly, his tail lashing. Robinstar scowled, defeated. She slowly crawled back to the nest. "How did you know that I lost lives?" she asked. "Medicine cats can sense this sort of thing. Now, I'm going out to collect herbs, and I expect you to be here when I return," the gray tom mewed, lingering for a moment longer before padding out.

The next day, Robinstar was gone as soon as she was awake. There was next to nothing Sootpelt could have done; she was determined to speak with StarClan as soon as possible. Luckily, she had been recovering quickly, and the snow had already begun to melt. Robinstar was exhausted and shivering when she finally arrived at the moonpool, but she refused to admit it. She touched her muzzle gently to the water and was asleep within moments. She awoke to the aspen forest in greenleaf, warmth surrounding her. The grounds were unusually silent and empty. That is, until a blood-curdling shriek pierced through the air from behind. Robinstar whipped around, seeing nothing. A moment later, blood began seeping from an concealed victim behind a tree. Again and again, unseen cats screamed in terror. For a prolonged period of time, all was silent except for the sound of heavy, terrified breathing that quickened suddenly. A final, eerie screech resonated through the air, chilling Robinstar's spine. In the ghostly silence that followed, a single StarClan cat emerged from the forest, the same warrior who had first delivered the prophecy. "Aspenfur! Help, me, please," the patched leader gasped breathlessly. Aspenfur shook his head, pain in his eyes. "Make sure you're trusting the right cats," he murmured ominously before the scene disappeared suddenly, replaced by a pair of sinister amber eyes that disappeared just as quickly. Robinstar's eyes flew open, and she lay on the ground, breathing heavily and shaken to the core.

Training: all apprentices
Patrol: Swiftfern, Tanglestep, Goosepaw, Shrikepaw
Hunting: Brambletooth, Stormriver, Cherryclaw, Sparkpaw, Birdpaw, Pebblepaw
Herb Collecting: Sootpelt
Lost two lives (drowning): Robinstar

3/15/17; purrfect. wrote:
new-leaf is here! all remaining snow is now gone and the risk of floods are higher. prey is now easier to catch.

all apprentices learned the tracking skill!

your patrol found the scent of a kit! return to add them to your clan!

your cats caught a vole, a mouse and a salmon!

sootpelt found watermint!
Last edited by røsebud on Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:52 am, edited 10 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twenty-two ✽ 3/17/17

Postby røsebud » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:53 am

Number of Cats: 20
Next Kitting: Asterflame (today)
Prey Eaten: 4 servings- 2 squirrels

By the time all of the snow had melted, the entire Clan was beginning to recover—both physically and emotionally. The pain left by the deaths of Cricketleap and Speckledpaw was still raw, but the cats were starting to regain their hope. The only exception was Robinstar, who had been cowering in the back of her den since her visit to the moonpool. Brambletooth padded up to the den, cautiously poking his head inside. "H-hi Robinstar. I was just wondering if you wanted anything," he stammered, trying to swallow the unsettling feeling he got when he saw the leader's oddly detached look. "No. Get out. Leave me alone," Robinstar ordered. Brambletooth nodded briskly, backing away. "Send Tanglestep to me," the patched she-cat added after a moment. The ginger deputy nodded again. "Of course," he mewed before rushing to the warrior den. "Tanglestep, Robinstar wishes for you to meet her in her den." Tanglestep stood up swiftly, and Brambletooth was unable to keep the smug grin off his face. Certainly this meant that Robinstar suspected the tabby warrior. His expression stoic, Tanglestep padded to Robinstar's den. As soon as he arrived, the leader urged him to sit. Without hesitation, she dove into a recall of the entire dream she had at the moonpool. When she finished, the air was silent and heavy. "Did you recognize the voices? The ones screaming?" Tanglestep finally asked. Robinstar shook her head faintly. "I don't know. I wasn't..." Her voice trailed off. After a moment's silence, the she-cat jerked her head up suddenly, making eye contact for the first time in what seemed like moons. "Nobody understands me. Nobody hears me. They don't listen!" she cried, surprising Tanglestep. "They all think I'm crazy. I'm not. I know what I saw at the moonpool. The Clan is in danger, and nobody believes me!" The brown tabby nodded. "I believe you," he meowed smoothly. "I don't know exactly what's going on—nobody really does—but I'm willing to help in any way possible," Tanglestep lied. "Thank you. You may go," Robinstar murmured. The warrior dipped his head respectfully before padding out. Brambletooth sauntered up to him, a smirk playing at his lips. "So, how did it go?" he mewed, certain that Tanglestep was in deep trouble. Contrarily, the younger tom only smiled. "Don't get your hopes up," he purred before padding swiftly into the forest. Brambletooth only watched, bewildered, as his confidence began slipping away.

Out in the forest, Tanglestep hummed quietly to himself as he plucked a couple deathberries from a bush. He crouched down to cut a clean slit in a squirrel before carefully stuffing the berries inside, being careful not to break them and release the deadly juice. With that, he gingerly lifted the squirrel and carried it back to camp. "Hello, Brambletooth," the tabby warrior mewed to the deputy after peering around to confirm that no cat was watching. Brambletooth barely lifted his head. "Tanglestep," he meowed simply in greeting. "Listen... I'm sorry about what I said earlier. We're all stressed about what's been going on lately," Tanglestep lied. The ginger deputy glanced up, his eyes curious. "I was hoping I would be able to bring this squirrel to Robinstar, to cheer her up, but... as you know, we spoke earlier, and I don't think she'd be thrilled to see me right now. Would you mind..." "Of course," Brambletooth mewed, trying to keep the surprise from his tone. He gently lifted up the squirrel before slipping into Robinstar's den. Tanglestep watched with his tail curled around his paws, whiskers twitching in anticipation. Within moments, Brambletooth was backing out of the leader's den, his eyes frantic. "Something's wrong with Robinstar—someone help her!" he called out to no cat in particular. Cats began emerging cautiously from all of the dens, peering around and exchanging nervous glances. Sootpelt ducked back into his den, rummaged through his herbs, then popped back out, clutching yarrow in his jaws. He rushed to Robinstar's den, but by the time he arrived, she was laying still. A third life was already leaving her body. Sootpelt slowly padded from the den. "It's too late. Robinstar is losing another life," he announced to the Clan. While many of the cats bowed their heads in sorrow for the leader, several kept their eyes trained on her den. When Robinstar did rise, she immediately went to Brambletooth, standing so close that their noses were nearly touching. "You," she hissed, fury shining in her eyes. By now, every single one of AspenClan's members was watching intently. The deputy tried to back away, flustered. "W-what? I didn't—" "There were deathberries hidden in that squirrel, and you gave it to me. It's been you all along, hasn't it? Playing these petty games. It was you from the start. I should've known," she spat, loud enough for the entire Clan to hear. Cloudmask quickly herded her kits inside the nursery. "R-robinstar, please. I never did anything to harm you—it was Tanglestep! He gave me the squirrel to give to you!" he stammered. Murmurs rippled through the Clan as Tanglestep stood up, looking offended. "How dare you! Brambletooth, I thought you were better than this. Ever since I've joined, you've despised me. But to accuse me of trying to kill Robinstar?" Cloudmask stepped forward. She had difficulty believing that Brambletooth would commit such a crime, but surely her mate wasn't the one responsible. She padded up to the brown tabby and nuzzled him gently, giving him a comforting lick on the ear. Tanglestep stiffened at first, thinking of Barkknot, but eventually returned the affection. "Enough!" Robinstar yowled, leaping onto the Half-Fallen Tree. "Brambletooth, what you did was unforgivable. You are hereby exiled from AspenClan. Tanglestep will be our new deputy," she announced. It was in no way a traditional ceremony, but that at least was understandable. Brambletooth stood in shock for several long seconds before silent acceptance settled in and he turned to go. Swiftfern rushed toward him. "How could you do such a thing?" she spat. The ginger tabby gaped at her in utter disbelief. "Swiftfern, you must believe me," he pleaded. "I know. I love you. Stay strong and stay close," the pale she-cat hissed under her breath. "I wish I could come with you, but..." "You have to stay. For the kits and for the Clan," Brambletooth murmured. "I'll get you back, don't worry," she whispered before straightening up and narrowing her eyes in an expression of pure hatred."You disgust me," Swiftfern mewed finally, whipping around and storming away. Great StarClan, she's incredible, Brambletooth thought before he remembered his situation. "C-can I at least say my goodbyes to—" "You heard Robinstar. Get. Out," Tanglestep snapped, crushing the older tom's hopes of speaking with Birdpaw and Sparkpaw. His eyes prickling with tears, Brambletooth took one final look at the Clan cats with whom he had lived for so many moons. "Goodbye," he murmured solemnly before fleeing into the woods. Swiftfern quickly padded into the apprentice den, her two kits jumping up when they saw her. She waved them over, and they joined her quickly. "Dad didn't do it... did he?" Birdpaw asked shakily. "No, of course not. Your father was innocent, but you can't do around telling everyone that—especially Tanglestep," Swiftfern whispered. Birdpaw nodded slowly in understanding, and her mother gazed at her for a moment, marveling at how mature the young she-cat was already. "But Brambletooth did do it," Sparkpaw argued. His mother and sister stared at him in disbelief. "I mean, if the leader and deputy both say that it happened, it's pretty obvious." As he spoke, the ginger tom's tail lashed in anger at his father. "You can't possibly believe that Dad is responsible for this!" Birdpaw exclaimed. "I don't think Tanglestep did it, if that's what you're saying," her brother replied. "Hush, both of you," Swiftfern whispered as Robinstar approached. "How are you feeling?" Swiftfern mewed respectfully. "I'm fine," the leader muttered. "Where's Minkpaw?" "Right here," Minkpaw piped up, padding up to the other cats. "Good. The three of you are ready to become warriors. You will swim out to the island in the lake at dawn, and stay there for five days." Robinstar then proceeded to explain the entire process at the island. "Do you mean the, um... Cricketleap's island?" Minkpaw mewed timidly. Robinstar nodded. "Yes... Cricketleap's island. Since Brambletooth is exiled and I have to stay behind and take care of the Clan, Swiftfern will supervise the three of you on her own. You can handle that, yes?" Swiftfern hesitated, unsure of her ability to watch over three apprentices at once, but nodded regardless. Sootpelt was to be staying at camp as well to watch over Asterflame, so he wouldn't be accompanying the three apprentices either. Needless to say, it was a very quiet five days at Cricketleap's Island.

-no time for anything else rip-

Losing a life: Robinstar (deathberries)
Patrol to find kit: Turtlecreek, Rabbitheart
Kitting: Asterflame (4-6 kits?)
Border Patrol: Cherryclaw, Shrikepaw
Training: Mottledpaw
Hunting: Stormriver, Tanglestep, Goosepaw, Pebblepaw
Becoming Warriors: Birdpaw → Birdbrook; Sparkpaw → Sparkfur; Minkpaw → Minkear

3/18/17; purrfect. wrote:
all the snow has melted and a flood has started. it would a good idea to stay away from rivers and streams. small prey such as voles have deserted your territory because of the water.

your patrol found a kit!

asterflame gave birth to four kits!
[ kit one, kit two, kit three, kit four ]

your patrol passed uneventfully.

mottledpaw learned the swimming skill!

your cats caught a carp and a squirrel!

birdpaw, sparkpaw and minkpaw earned their warrior names!
Last edited by røsebud on Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 am, edited 11 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twenty-three ✽ 4/5/17

Postby røsebud » Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Number of Cats: 25
Next Moonpool Visit: April 10
Prey Eaten: 5 servings- 1 robin, 1 vole, 1 mouse

"Momma, can we play with the kits?" Poppykit mewed, sniffing the tiny bundles of fur. Cloudmask smiled softly. "No, sweetheart. They're far too young. Now stay still, please. This is a big day for both you and your sister," she mewed. Poppykit sat down with a dejected sigh, allowing her mother to continue grooming the kit's pelt. "But it's more important for me, right?" she asked. Ivykit, with her fur already meticulously groomed, shot her littermate an irritated look. "It's equally important for both of you," Cloudmask mewed, looking exasperated. Robinstar's call rang out from the Half-Fallen Tree. "May all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Half-Fallen Tree!" Cloudmask quickly herded her kits outside, urging them to sit beneath the tree. Ivykit looked nervous from the attention, but Poppykit was practically glowing. "Ivykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Ivypaw. Your mentor will be Minkear. I hope he will pass down all he knows on to you." Minkear padded forward, standing tall. "Minkear, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Swiftfern, and you have shown yourself to be considerate and trustworthy. You will be the mentor of Ivypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to her," Robinstar meowed. Ivypaw shakily touched noses with her new mentor before backing into the crowd. The ceremony continued for Poppykit, but murmurs of surprise rippled through the Clan when Sootpelt was announced as her mentor. The dark gray medicine cat gently touched his nose to Poppypaw's. The young apprentice was beaming with pride. Robinstar leapt from the Half-Fallen Tree and retreated into her den, concluding the ceremony. At once, the gathered Clan members rushed forward to congratulate Poppypaw, nearly knocking Ivypaw over. "Congrats, Poppypaw!" "Nice job..." "It's a real honor, you know." Ivypaw scowled, her small claws digging into the earth. Sure, she didn't want attention, but it wasn't like Poppypaw was such a special little flower. Minkear strode up to her, smiling softly. "Lighten up, Ivypaw! You ready for training?" he mewed. The tortoiseshell she-cat barely raised her eyes. "I guess so," she mumbled reluctantly. Minkear's eyes softened. "Are you alright?" he asked gently. Ivypaw's frown only grew as she pushed past him. "I'm fine," she snapped, storming from camp. Minkear flashed a bewildered look to Birdbrook, who was watching nearby, before rushing after his apprentice. Cloudmask had been praising Poppypaw when she heard Ivypaw's noisy pawsteps. The pale warrior raised her head, watching her daughter with concerned eyes. "What's wrong with Ivypaw, momma?" Poppypaw mewed, noticing her mother's gaze. Cloudmask gave the small apprentice a reassuring lick. "Nothing's wrong, sweetheart. Ivypaw just..." her voice trailed off, leaving Poppypaw looking lost and confused. Goosepaw, sitting nearby, stared sullenly at his paws. He was trying to be happy for the new apprentices—everyone else sure seemed to be—but Shrikepaw had been his closest friend. The battle seemed like moons ago, but at the same time, it felt as if it had only happened yesterday. Meanwhile, Pebblepaw was sitting by the warrior den, chatting merrily with Sparkfur. Goosepaw felt a pang of jealousy for his brother's happiness, but only continued to gaze at his paws. Later in the day, Poppypaw couldn't help but notice him solemnly eating a mouse. She approached him cautiously. "Hi, Goosepaw. Listen... I'm sorry about... you know. Shrikepaw and everything. I know you two were close." Goosepaw didn't respond, only lifting his head slightly to stare, perplexed, at the younger apprentice. Poppypaw swallowed. "Anyway. Sootpelt wants me to have practice, I guess. So. Um. He said something about how you might benefit from... hawkweed, I think? Or was it goatweed. Mousedung, I can't remember..." Goosepaw scowled, standing swiftly before stalking into his den. "Tell Sootpelt that I'm fine," he meowed before disappearing into the den. Poppypaw bit her lip, wondering what to say. "...Okay. I'll say that. Sure," she stammered before bounding back to her new mentor.

Swiftfern crept toward the camp wall, glancing around to see if she was being watched. After a moment, she slipped through a hole in the wall and broke into a sprint. She could only hope that there wouldn't be many patrols. The bright-furred she-cat reached the border and peering around breathlessly. She began to pad along the perimeter of the territory, searching and scanning for some kind of sign. Several minutes passed, and Swiftfern was beginning to feel hopeless when she spotted a flash of scarlet fur. "...Brambletooth?" she called softly, afraid even to whisper. The large tom stood up, his eyes darting around the forest before settling on his mate's bright gaze. Swiftfern rushed toward him, their tails entwining instantly. "I've missed you so much," Brambletooth breathed. Swiftfern nodded wordlessly, her mind racing. "I can't take this. I'll leave the Clan. I'll run away and join you in the forest," she mewed, the words tumbling from her mouth. Brambletooth shook his head, stepping away. "You have to stay. For the kits. We both know it," he answered simply. "Then I'll... I'll take them with me," Swiftfern stammered, although she knew it was illogical. Birdbrook and Sparkfur had lived their whole lives in AspenClan—it would be cruel to tear them away from everything they've ever known. "I'm just sick of this. I'm sick of lying. I'm sick of worrying about you. I'm sick of pretending that I hate you, when I love you more than I love myself. And every time I speak I feel sick in my stomach, but if Tanglestep found out he would kill us," she hissed. Brambletooth slowly padded forward, gently nuzzling his mate. "You're stronger than you think you are, Swiftfern. You have nothing to be afraid of. I miss you and the kits more than anything, but please don't worry about me," the ginger tom insisted. When Swiftfern said nothing in return, he continued. "So how are Birdpaw and Sparkpaw?" Swiftfern looked up and took a shaky breath. "Well, for starters, they're warriors now. Birdbrook and Sparkfur," she began, Brambletooth's eyes brightening. "They're doing well. Birdbrook is on your side, no need to worry." Brambletooth smiled slightly. "And Sparkfur..?" Biting her lip, Swiftfern averted her gaze. She didn't utter a word, but what she wasn't saying was clear. The large tabby nodded slowly, his smile melting. "...I see. Well. Why wouldn't he believe Robinstar and Tanglestep? I mean, they're both very well-respected. Besides, the evidence does point to me. It makes sense," he rambled, trying to keep his voice from cracking. What did it matter that his son, his only son, who had adored him from kithood, thought he was a murderer? It didn't change anything. He was still exiled, living on his own with no clan, no family... What did it matter? "I'm so, so sorry," Swiftfern whispered. "I tried convincing him, but you know Sparkfur..." "I thought I did," Brambletooth replied bluntly. "I have to go... they'll be suspicious," Swiftfern breathed. "Tanglestep, he's getting worse. I don't know how often I'll be able to visit. I'm so sorry..." Her mate nodded silently, his eyes trained on the ground. "I love you," she murmured before giving his cheek a quick lick and turning back toward the camp. "Swiftfern—" The warrior paused, peering expectantly at the ginger tabby. "Just... remember me. Once in a while. Please promise me you'll try," he mewed, despair in his eyes. Swiftfern nuzzled him gently. "Oh, Brambletooth," she purred, smiling sadly. "There will never be a day when I won't think of you," the she-cat promised before resigning at last and trudging back to camp.

Back at camp, Asterflame's kits were sleeping happily while Jaykit sat before a robin. He watched curiously as the queen gently plucked two feathers from the bird, one of which she affixed to her catkin necklace as she explained the concept of kitfeathers to the little tom. Jaykit's eyes grew wide with eagerness as he took a large bite of the robin. Immediately he recoiled at the unfamiliar taste. Asterflame couldn't help but chuckle lightly as she took a few bites. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything," Stormriver mewed softly as he poked his head inside the den. The young queen straightened up. "Not at all!" she chirped. "You haven't gotten a chance to see the kits yet, have you?" Stormriver, shaking his head, smiled slightly. "What are their names again?" Asterflame moved to the side, allowing the tom to sit. "Avenkit, Rosekit, Sweetkit and Leafkit are mine," she purred, motioning to each of the kits in turn, "And then there's little Jaykit." Jaykit sat up, staring inquisitively at Stormriver. "Who're you?" he squeaked loudly. The gray warrior's whiskers twitched in amusement. "My name's Stormriver. I'm a friend of your mother's," he explained with a small smile. This seemed to satisfy Jaykit, and he quickly curled up beside his tiny siblings. Asterflame was silent for a moment, watching over her sleeping kits with a pang of sadness in her eyes. Stormriver shuffled his paws, wondering whether or not he should ask about it. "The kits... do they have a father?" he blurted. The queen stiffened slightly. "I'm... I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that," the gray tabby added in a rush. Asterflame shook her head, offering him a small smile. "It's alright. I knew someone would ask me at some point," she mewed. Stormriver nodded, staring at the ground. "Let's just say that I no longer have a relationship with the kits' father," the calico mewed bluntly. She didn't seem too upset, but Stormriver noticed the way the fur along her spine has begun to prickle in subconscious resentment. "Right. Well. I'll see you," he excused himself, backing out of the den.

Robinstar trotted toward the moonpool, a new skip in her step. She had found the murderer—surely StarClan was thrilled with her! At last, she could return peace and serenity to AspenClan. No more death, no more living in constant, paralyzing fear. At last, she was free. The patched leader couldn't stop smiling at she strode through the forest, even with the light drizzling of rain. When she did reach the moonpool, she was eager to touch her nose to the water. A calm, tranquil scene appeared around her. She was in AspenClan territory; the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and the forest was alive with prey. Robinstar felt almost giddy with excitement. So she was right: everything was to be perfect, just as she had imagined. But then an eerie sense of unease began to creep up behind the leader. She immediately ignored it, focusing only on the brightness of the forest. However, the feeling only grew, and it was becoming difficult to ignore. The birds grew silent, and the sunlight started to get more harsh than welcoming. Ignorance is bliss, an ominous voice whispered. But not for long. Robinstar's head began pounding as she saw a shadow stalking up from behind. She tried to turn but was unable to move. You must open your eyes, the voice warned. The same chilling, heavy breathing that she had heard in previous dreams returned, deep and suffocating. Before it is too late. Darkness overtook Robinstar's vision, and just like that, she was lying awake beside the moonpool. The patched she-cat was stationary for a moment, trying to collect her scrambling thoughts. This could only mean one thing—the bloodshed was not yet over.
Patrol: Turtlecreek, Swiftfern, Mottledpaw
Hunting: Cloudmask, Birdbrook, Sparkfur, Minkear, Tanglestep, Cherryclaw
Herb Collecting: Sootpelt, Poppypaw

4/9/17; purrfect. wrote:
it has stopped raining and all clouds in the sky are gone. the sun is shining and it now way easier to catch prey. the chance of finding cats has gone back to normal.

your patrol found an apprentice!

your cats caught a vole, a hare and a robin!

all apprentices have learned the running skill!

sootpelt and poppypaw found marigold and goldenrod!
Last edited by røsebud on Fri May 28, 2021 5:09 am, edited 12 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twenty-four ✽ 4/19/17

Postby røsebud » Tue May 23, 2017 2:19 pm

Number of Cats: 26
13 | 13
Prey Eaten: 5 servings- 1 hare, 1 vole, 1 mouse

No time for anything, but I just wanted to get a post up
Patrol: Tanglestep, Sparkfur, Cloudmask
Training: Shrikepaw, Pebblepaw, Goosepaw, Littlepaw
Hunting: Turtlecreek, Stormriver, Swiftfern, Sagestorm, Mottledpaw, Ivypaw

4/22/17; purrfect. wrote:
twolegs have brought their dogs to your territory! stay clear of areas where you can hear barks.
most of the small land prey such as squirrels have regained their homes out of fear.

your patrol found the scent of badger at the eastern border. watch out!

the apprentices learned the climbing skill!

your cats caught a mouse, a hare and a robin!
Last edited by røsebud on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:57 am, edited 6 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

twenty-five ✽ 5/21/17

Postby røsebud » Tue May 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Number of Cats: 25
14 | 11
Prey Eaten: 5 servings- 1 robin, 1 fish

Stormriver stood just outside the nursery, trying to muster up his confidence. After taking one more deep breath, he stepped inside. Asterflame's face lit up when she saw him, and she rose eagerly to her paws. "Hi, Asterflame," the tom mewed shakily, clearing his throat. "I was wondering if you would maybe like to go for a walk with me?" he asked. The queen's heart leapt, but she couldn't help but glance back at the sleeping kits. "Oh... I would love to, but..." Guilt wrenched at her heart. "That's okay," Stormriver mewed quickly, giving Asterflame a bashful smile. "Asterflame, from the moment I met you, I knew you were something special," he began. The queen sat down as the tom spoke. Her tail curled around her paws, but the tip twitched eagerly. "And as the moons have gone by, I've gotten to know you better, and..." As Stormriver's voice faltered, Asterflame moved closer to him, allowing her fur to brush gently against his. The small gesture gave him a new surge of confidence. "I've never felt about anyone the way I feel about you. Asterflame... will you be my mate?" The queen stood at once, stretching up to gingerly lick his cheek. "Of course," she purred softly as a blissful smile stretched across her maw. It was a quiet proposal — nothing big or flashy — but for the two of them, it couldn't have been more perfect. Sweetkit's eyes blinked open drearily. "Hi momma," she squeaked. "What's goin' on?" Asterflame tore her gaze away from Stormriver's eyes, giving her daughter a gentle lick on the head. "Well, Stormriver's going to be your papa now," she explained simply. "I thought he was already our papa," Leafkit interjected, his words punctuated by a yawn. Asterflame smiled warmly at the awakening kits, her happiness only growing as she saw that Stormriver's expression echoed her own. Sweetkit's eyelids began to droop once more with fatigue, the lure of sleep pulling her back in. Just as quickly as she had awakened, the young tortoiseshell curled merrily around her new father's leg and slipped into a tranquil sleep.

Swiftfern paused at the edge of the camp. With leafbare creeping up behind the clan, this may be the last chance she got to see Brambletooth until new leaf. The pale she-cat peered around briefly before slipping through a hole in the barrier. As she padded through the forest, an uneasy feeling tingled in the air. Retaining her confidence, Swiftfern strode on, her ears pricked for a sign of her mate. At last, she saw a flash of ginger fur. A smile broke across her face. "Brambletooth?" she called softly, not wanting to disturb the quiet. "I knew it!" Sparkfur snapped, leaping out at his mother. Swiftfern's claws extended defensively before she realized that it was her son. "Sparkfur, please calm down," she urged gently, but the words fell on deaf ears. "You traitor," he spat. "Meeting secretly with a murderer... How long has this been happening? What have you told him?" Swiftfern was taken aback. "First of all, why in StarClan do you feel that it's suddenly acceptable for a son to speak to his mother like this?" she asked carefully, measuring each word. "Don't call me son," Sparkfur hissed bluntly. "I am not a traitor, and neither was your father. He's never done anything wrong. What could possibly make you think that he's responsible for what happened?" Swiftfern paused, trying to gauge the ginger tabby's reaction, but he remained stoic. "And if I'm a traitor, what does that make my son?" she continued. "I am not your son," Sparkfur snapped, refusing to look Swiftfern in the eye. "Excuse me?" The ginger tabby clenched his teeth. "You're a traitor and a liar. You mean nothing to me," he hissed. The words were like a fatal blow. Tears prickled in Swiftfern's eyes, and she feverishly blinked them away. "If that's how you feel, then fine," she whispered. Her voice wavered precariously. Half to herself, she muttered, "I guessed it's just hard to understand why my own son would—" "Call me son one more time," Sparkfur snarled. Silence hung in the air like a thick fog. After several treacherous moments passed, Swiftfern at last spoke. "So now what?" she murmured. "You'll run back to camp and report me to Tanglestep. He'll get me exiled — or worse — and you'll never see me again. Is that what you wanted? Because if so, I'll spare you the trouble and leave now." Sparkfur, for once, didn't retaliate. He only stared at the ground, his expression of fury dissolving with each passing second. "I thought so," Swiftfern whispered before spinning on her heel and returning to camp.

Pebblepaw padded happily through the forest, taking in all of the sights and smells. It was his last hunting mission as an apprentice, and soon he and Goosepaw would be warriors. He couldn't wait to join Sparkfur in the warrior den. Listening carefully, Pebblepaw noticed the gentle sound of the river. As he padded toward it, he picked up some scents that weren't prey. The apprentice dropped into a low crouch, creeping forward until he spotted Tanglestep. The tabby warrior was standing over something, and it was only when Pebblepaw raised his head that he saw Brambletooth. His heart pounded in his ears. Silent as the night, Pebblepaw moved to crouch behind a bush. He was just able to make out the desperate words of the former deputy. "Please, Tanglestep," he heard Brambletooth beg. "You know I haven't done anything wrong. I'm already exiled." Pebblepaw's eyes widened. Brambletooth claimed to be innocent, yet many of the cats in AspenClan were adamant that he was a killer. The corners of Tanglestep's mouth curved upwards in a sinister grin. "Of course you haven't," he purred almost inaudibly, drawing out each syllable, "but you know what I've done in the past. What makes you think that I'll take pity on a blabbering idiot like you? Soon enough, you'll be just another dead body." The words echoed in Pebblepaw's ears. He felt unsteady on his paws, as if he might tumble over at any moment. What I've done... just another dead body... Brambletooth wasn't the mystery killer. Tanglestep was. Brambletooth's eyes were wide with terror as he scrambled to stand. Tanglestep pushed him back down with ease. "You were a useless deputy. I intend to change things. But I can't do this with you still alive," Tanglestep hissed. In one swift movement, he was standing in the river, pinning Brambletooth beneath the surface. Struck by paralyzing fear, Pebblepaw watched in silence as the former deputy thrashed in the water. As time dragged on, his moments became more frail and futile until, at last, he went still. Tanglestep watched with a satisfied smile as the current snatched up Brambletooth's limp form and carried him far from the site. Finding that he was able to move again, Pebblepaw began to creep backward. In his state of shock, he unwittingly stepped on a twig that snapped easily. Tanglestep whirled around at once, his amber eyes narrowing as he spotted the gray apprentice. "Great StarClan," he muttered in irritation. It happened quickly — Pebblepaw scrambled to run, tripping over his own paws in his panic. Adrenaline coursed through his veins, and for a fleeting moment, he thought he just might outrun the deputy. The scrawny apprentice cast a glance behind his shoulder and was startled at how close Tanglestep was. The alarm caused him to lose his footing and tumble painfully to the ground. Pebblepaw had barely opened his mouth to beg for his life when Tanglestep lashed out his claws, swiftly scoring them across the apprentice's throat. It took only a moment for the life to flicker from his eyes. Pebblepaw's body went limp, and the deputy padded away without a trace.
Becoming Mates (no kits): Asterflame and Stormriver
Killing Brambletooth and Pebblepaw: Tanglestep
Herb Collecting: Poppypaw
Moonpool: queen
Becoming a Warrior: Goosepaw (Goosewing)
Border Patrol: Sagestorm, Cloudmask, Mottledpaw
Hunting: Turtlecreek, Pinetail, Minkear, Birdbrook, Ivypaw, Littlepaw

5/22/17; purrfect. wrote:
leaf-bare is now here! a blanket of snow has fallen on your territory and most of the prey and herbs are gone.
kittings will be especially harder and a cat could catch a cold if they go on patrol too much.

the newly named goosewing grinned widely as his clan chanted his new name. he was finally a warrior!

[ brambletooth and pebblepaw have joined starclan. ]
[ poppypaw found dandelion! ]
[ starclan sent you a queen! ]
[ goosepaw earned his warrior name, goosewing! ]
[ the apprentices learned the fighting skill! ]
[ your patrol found the bodies of brambletooth and pebblepaw. ]
[ your cats caught a vole, a mouse and a fish! ]

this leaf-bare was incredibly short and all the snow has already melted. it is now new-leaf!

the chance of flooding or finding new cats is very high. kittings will also be much easier.
Last edited by røsebud on Sat May 29, 2021 5:36 am, edited 8 times in total.
    aspenclan
røsebud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me