《 hector ← sweetnose mastiff tasks 》

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

ⅹ Theme song

Postby Venatici » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:06 pm

"Three days grace? Really Hec?"
      Hector chuckled, stretching his legs and giving a little shake while reclining on the couch. Both canine and feline were both pleased with the soft hum of music that was emitted from some speakers up on the kitchen counter.
      "Hey now, I think your edgy past called and it wants your terrible music tastes back."
      "Are you speaking for yourself?"

The two had been bantering back and forth for the past half hour about the music selections, unable to settle on what song was the best. They began matching the songs to their friends- 'okay but seriously kesha totally fits Apollo' 'Novgorod would cry if he heard this song from avenged sevenfold'.

When the tune changed yet again, Alkie bopped Hector right over the head.
      "This song- I got a feeling for it."
      "Ouch- one heck of a feeling you for got sure."

The song, titled 'Soliders' by Otherwise made Hector stick out his tongue and flip around his semi-floppy ears. He jested about how silly it was until he paid attention to the lyrics, afterwards giving half a shrug at Alkie and rolling over as if he was going to roll on him.
      "That's what you get for being a wise one," Hector chuckled, dismissing the song as if it meant nothing. Somewhere though he continued to mull it over, eventually deciding he liked it and 'forgetting' to mention it to Alkie when the realization set in.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ⅺ Happiness

Postby Venatici » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:02 pm

In my old home, I was not even given the chance to have a 'normal' life. It was terrible and cruel, but living on the streets was no better after I escaped.
      There were fights and people were not kind either until I arrived at my home now.

Happiness is finding where you belong- it is not a place, it is being surrounded by people who love you and people who you love back.
      My happiness? It is my home, and the people who make it a home.
      I may not see but it is clear to know I am safe here. I am welcomed. Jasper may have a few ticks on his back and Novgorod may be stuck up, but we love each other in our own ways. Alkie is now my best friend and its amusing to tease him about his lover Bis, and to meet Hachi and his blind friend Ren, to meet Apollo and 'The Golden Space Cowboy' who has a very strange interest in fire. Its concerning.

Water- that's another thing that makes me happy. Music, water, I am surrounded by the sounds and smells and feelings of everything I did not notice before. I am well taken care of, I am praised often and have free rein of the house. If Hachi is nearby I'm allowed to roam around the kennels, a secret delight I personally love. I would go through a thousand struggles to be here again, to have my soul reunited with those who I adore most... my happiness is with them, and while I may be blind I can finally see where I belong.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ⅻ a dog of the same color

Postby Venatici » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:21 pm

He had the type of voice you would obey without a second thought.

Meeting him was not like meeting any other dog or feline. It was almost as if he was a different breed entirely, following behind Hachi while the two chatted in low tones about something I could not hear. Those two were connected at the hip from what I could gather with information- but what would I know? As a newcomer I was still fidgeting and trying to learn about the ranks and the dynamics of everyone... it was not easy. Alkie took no interest in the dogs, sure he gossiped but more with Bismuth than I, and it did not concern me to begin with.

"They don't call em blind dates for nothin, do they Hach?"
      "Oh, Ren... ..."
      "I could see fine before this date, but I saw your face and just suddenly bam- blind date."
      I bristled a bit. "Watch it. My bite is as work as my bark."
      "You know, family and friends are very two different things."
      "What?"
      "Family are blood. Friends? Tolerance."

Hector remained still before hearing an unsettling wheeze erupt from Hachi. He started laughing uncontrollably.
      "Hoo boy, Ren don't scare the poor kid!"
      "Oh, how you know I jest, Hachi. Don't cough up a lung, or Jasp might sell it on a black market after Teddy steals it." Deadpanned.

His name was Ren, and he had an attitude as if someone ruffled up his leg hairs. Ren was blind and had a sarcasm to match his tone, but when Jasper was not around he was not half that bad. I daresay I admire him, maybe we will become friends one day.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me