When Worlds Collide~An Original Story by Captain Plucky

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

I hope you're liking the story.

Yeah, I love it!
50%
It needs a bit of work, but otherwise I can enjoy it. c:
50%
Well, it's bad. Try to work harder. ^^;;;
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: When Worlds Collide~An Original Story by Captain Plucky

Postby Captain Plucky » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:08 pm

pooopChristine and Xander seemed to hit it off very well. The dragonet found the man's deep, lax voice very soothing. And the mysterious apologizer felt that Christine was comforting and funny.
pooop"You remind me a lot of my father." she commented, the black armored man shrugging in a laid back manner.
pooop"I hope that's a good thing " he jested, the princess howling with laughter in response. "You know it is!" she giggled heartily, playfully punching him on his shoulder. To be honest, she had no idea why she had become so giddy and lighthearted around Xander. Perhaps it was just the feeling of meeting a new friend. But she was unsure. "Well," Christine started, "This has been really fun, Xander. But I have to get back to my jobs." she pointed her thumbs at the rock door awkwardly, a goofy grin on her face. "Hmm...." he hummed, "Alright. I'll see you later. Stay safe." he swung his hand hastily to the door, ushering the girl out. The dragon princess was immediately drenched by the re-activated waterfall as the stone wall shut.
pooopOh....did I leave my backpack out here? Did anyone steal it while I was gone? She dived into the water and swam majestically to the grass. Thank Ajax! It's still here! She shook as much water off of her as she could, then picked up her backpack and went on her way. If I ask around about the Fallen Tribe, people will either figure out I'm not really human or have no idea what I'm talking about. So what now?
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 pm

Hm, I see how it could be hard for ears to hear brains...
XD

I like dis! You need to make a poll-option of "good job on this" without the "I guess" ;)
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:47 am

(Hmm, perhaps that's why she didn't realize how hosed she is.
Christine how dare you I thought I gave you FREAKING GOOD hearing. Really? Oh my! Thank you for such a kind compliment! I've added a new poll option for a more not-so-roast-like comment. :3)

pooopEventually, Christine finally reached the end of the woods. She was preparing for her next village encounter, when something strange happened.
pooop"Run away! Get away from this town!" shrieked a woman as she flailed her long, lanky arms around her. Running too close to the dragon princess's. The female was covered in strange, purple dots and when she talked, and saliva spat out of her skinny mouth at an amazing proportion.
pooop"Calm down! Jeez." Christine frowned, looking at her slightly wet clothes. "What's wrong? Why are you covered in those weird dots?" she questioned evenly. "There's been a disease spreading around town! It's so dangerous, people are calling 'The Genocide Infection'. Quick! Get away from here before you get it, too!"
pooop"Mother!" a young boy's voice interjected, standing next to the polka-dotted maiden. "Please, don't pester the traveler. You should be resting right now! You have an appointment with the surgeon in a few hours." he said in a coaxing voice. "I'm not going back there! In the village, there's only more people with that blasted virus! I'm staying here." "Mother." the boy said in a more firm, low tone. "You are coming with me, whether you like it or not! Now, c'mon." he grabbed the lady's hand and practically dragged her away from the dragonet. "No! I don't want to die in there! I want to die in the forest! Besides, everyone in there smells like mucus!" the spotted woman yelled. "No they don't. That's just your nose dripping."
"LIES!" she shouted, "IF ANYTHING THEY ARE THE ONES WITH A DRIPPY NOSE!" Afterwards, there was more nonsense the woman with the infection said, but Christine couldn't pick up on it after there were quite a distance away.
pooopSheesh. Someone really needs to help these poor villagers out. She thought pitifully, an idea arising in her head. Hey, I should help them! After all, I am a mercenary! I might as well act the part, right? She rounded her shoulders, a brave, fearless expression on her face a she approached the town. And then, I'll be a hero! I'm sure Father would understand if I get sidetracked just for a LITTLE bit. With a clear mind, she stepped into the village. It looked like a ghost town, with only one person who was selling some apples. "Excuse me," Christine said to the man, "Might you know where the mayor's village is?" she inquired. The apple seller pointed to a large house that was right behind her. "Oh. Okay, thanks!" the princess shouted gleefully, looking back at the man as she gave him a wave. But, unknown to her, some steps were plotting her demise as she ran while waving. Abruptly, she tripped on a step and slammed onto the ground with a loud thud. Not to mention she hit her head on the door as she went down.
pooop"And I thought it was going to be a boring day." the salesman chuckled meekly.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:34 am

pooopIt looked like it was a long wait to see the Mayor. To the end of the room, there was said ruler of this town, and he was being mushed by townspeople. The people were begging him to do something about The Genocide Infection, imploring to do anything it took to cure them. The Mayor looked up to his forehead in work, feeling his sweaty head in fatigue and nervousness. The guards of the village were trying to push all of the commoners back, but to no avail. Christine realized that, if she wanted to be seen by the mayor, she'd have to get his attention. Shouting wouldn't work in this loud-house, so the dragonet looked around her for a better solution. Eyeing above her, she saw a massive chandelier with antlers and furs galore on it. The massive thing, the girl could tell, wasn't used for illumination; just decoration. With a smirk, she backed up to the wall, next to a guard.
pooop"So," she started coolly, staring at the guard. "Everyone's pretty distraught, huh? Is it like this everyday?" she asked, the guard sighing loudly.
pooop"Oh, traveler, you have no IDEA what I put up with everyday." After that sentence, the burly man went on a huge rant on what it's like working on this post and how horrible the nights are. Christine nodded her head and said "Uh-huh." to everything he said, secretly taking out his sword from his sheath. She did it with such care so that it wouldn't make any noise or alert the guard. "Well," the princess said, taking the new weapon and leaning on her shoulder as if it was hers. "I admire how much you're able to put up with these guys! Keep it up! But now, I gotta go." she strolled away from the man quickly, worried he would find out about his sword. He didn't, however, and just laughed to himself with a relived, refreshed look on his face.
Staring intensely at the rope that held the chandelier, she started doing calculations in her mind. Then, taking the guards sword, she hurled it at the air. It sang in a whistle-like voice as it slashed the breeze, cutting the rope effortlessly and making the decoration fall; all in one moment. Everyone in the room screeched in terror, gathering around the poor piece as like it was a crime scene. Christine fought her way past the villagers, hopping on top of her work. "I wish to see the mayor in this vicinity." she stated calmly, her voice echoing strongly against the walls. A small, humble-looking man wobbled his way past the people, his body making all sorts of nervous body language.
pooop"Th-that would be me, ma'am." he stuttered, his hands shaking. The dragon princess looked down at him, almost feeling sorry about the trouble she had caused with his chandelier. "I heard that there's a virus going around town. I want to find the cure...but I only work for a price. As you can see," she gestured at the antler and fur heap below her with a swift hand. "I'm quite capable with the sword. Anything that is thrown against me dies. I can see no problem with me tackling a simple disease. Do tell, what sort of reason would you have for not hiring me?"
pooopShoot, I told myself that one of my human characteristics would be that I seem innocent. Well, looks like I just blew it. The dragonet thought to herself with displeasure. "SSh! N-not here, follow me." the ruler whispered in a frantic motion. "Okay?" she whispered back in response, a bit confused. As she went who-knows-where with the mayor, guards forcefully pushed the villagers out of the room; telling them that the mayor wouldn't be seeing anyone else for the day.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:16 pm

pooop"This disease, 'The Genocide Infection...' It's not what people think it is. It's not just a sickness. It's a curse." The mayor said as he paced up and down the new room, It looked like it was the his quarters.
pooop"Do go on." Christine responded blankly, her pure light blue eyes glinting with interest.
"There's a witch, who lives not very far from here. She visited me in a dream, telling me to give her my son in marriage or else there would be consequences. I normally get stressful, strange dreams, so I disregarded it. But, the next night, I had a new dream with her in it. She was angry at me, yelling in my face that there would be death like I had never seen. I didn't realize she was actually serious until people started getting those spots on them. And then, before I knew it, my townspeople were dropping like flies. It's been terrible." he turned quickly to the girl, wiping his face with a silken handkerchief. "So why not just give her your son? Won't that mend everything up?" Christine suggested, playing with her nails. "Oh, no, I can't give him to her. My dear child, Samuel, would hate me for eternity. Not to mention, I don't even know if this witch will lift the curse now. It's better if you would just go over there and kill her. B-but get the cure first, of course! Don't forget that! Can you do that for me?? I'll make sure you're payed handsomely." he said, his voice having an undercurrent of desperation. "She's as good as dead. Just keep that prize warm for me, eh?" the dragonet stated confidently. As she left the Mayor's meeting place, and as night started to take over the world; Christine set out for the witch's lair.
pooopHmm, I might as well practice my swordsmanship while I stroll. After all, I'll need all the skill I can get. Taking the sword out, she admired it for a moment. Since it was Alard's blade, it was only the best of the best. The handle was golden, with a black hand protector. The blade was a maroon color, and it shimmered intimidatingly in the moonlight that had taken the foreground and air. Since gawking-hour was over for her, she started swinging it. After a while, she started making stabbing motions. Eventually, she reached the cave that the witch was in. The sight of it sent a shiver down Christine's spine. And, for some reason, it seemed like cold air was coming from the inside. But, keeping herself resilient, she bristled and stepped in with no fear.
pooopThe cave's wall's glowed a purple, a purple very close to the color of the townspeople's spots. The grass the princess tread on was very soft, but she didn't want much contact with it. Not that she was paranoid, it was just that, um, she didn't want to get the sickness. She had no idea if the grass in here had anything to do with it, or if it wasn't related a tall. But, no matter what, she didn't want to take the chance.
A tiny shack was in the distance, but the girl couldn't see it that well. Of all the times to not be able to see at all in the dark...Even with the illumination that she had, the light was dim, so it didn't help her much. Nonetheless, she continued on. When the time came, she rested her right hand on her sword hilt; and used the other to knock on the houses door.
pooop"Yesssss?" a disgusting voice slurped from inside.
"Uh," Christina paused, "Can you open your door?"
"Depends." it replied, "Can you open doors? It's not locked." after the voice said this, there was frantic sounds inside. Almost like the person inside was trying to do a last minute cleanup. "Of course." she replied, amused. Ready for anything, the dragon princess opened the door. A smell immediately invaded her nose. It was a cross between frog's legs, blood, and lilac. A combination that the shape-shiftier never expected to have in one place. "Oh! What do we have here? A beautiful maiden has decided to visit me!" the voice, which was obviously the witch's, exclaimed. For a moment, the dragonet pondered what would happen if she didn't kill the witch. She seemed sweet, but was that just a front? What if she was just trying to get the girl's guard down? Well, Christine would just have to wait and see. "Yep!" she responded, beaming with fake happiness. "Oh? But what's this?" the witch suddenly jumped out of the shadows she was in. This enchantress didn't look like an average potion maker. She had short, black hair with brown and red specks in it. Long, black robes draped her body, and her black lipstick mixing in strangely with the walls torchlight. The mercenary didn't think this witch was ugly, per say, but she definitely wasn't anywhere near pretty. "What brings you to my lair, Christine? Oh, wait, I already know. You are going to try and kill me. Let me tell you, that's not a first." her eyes darted conspicuously to the floor, and the girl followed. She gagged, seeing that the ground was made of human body parts that had been waxed over with some sort of substance. "Well, fine then. I assure you, though, I'm not the one who's gonna be lying on the dirt after this." the princess replied, drawing out her sword. "We shall see." the witch hissed, her hands suddenly lighting up with some sort of power. Christine planted her feet firmly to the ground, only to feel an arm under her.
pooopUgh, GROSS. She stuck her tongue out in dissatisfaction and disgust. Distracted with complaints, the witch took the chance and fired a barrage of fire and ice. Jumping out of the limbs, Christine braced herself. She swung her sword, and it slashed into a piece of ice. A fire-bolt hit her on the cheek in response, and the dragon princess swung the weapon again. She got nothing out of it, and a chunk of ice planted itself in her leg. This didn't hurt, however, because the leather armor took the blow. Moving forward, the mercenary realized that this was going to be a long, trying fight. Bored of her strategy, the witch took a turn in her magic. Her hands started to form a purple orb, and the woman put them together and shot it at the floor. Christine struggled for balance as the ground started to shake, and it seemed like the floor below her was moving.
pooopSuddenly, an arm shot up out of the pile of human limbs. And then a leg. A torso. A head. Watching in shock, the girl realized that, not only were the limbs coming back to life, but they were assembling into people again. In a matter of moments, the witch would have a whole army to fight for her. So, if she wanted to win, she would have to take out the witch. Her mind brought her back to the mayor's house, and how she had thrown the guards sword at the chandelier. Could it possibly work again? It's risky. The guards sword was heavier than mine. I don't know if I can pull a thing like that off again, especially in this enclosed amount of time. but what else can I do? If I try to move any further, the limbs and the witch's magical attacks will stop me. At this point of time, five humans were already up and ready to attack. Not only that, but more were on the way. Well, what else can I do??? It's time to show them that I can take anything that comes my way! Before she could realize what she, herself was doing, she shouted a blood-curling war cry. A split second after, she threw her sword into the air.
pooopAs it dropped in altitude, it aimed straight for the witch's heart. She flew out of the way quickly, but not quick enough. The sword snagged her shoulder and went into the wall behind her; pinning the enemy in place.
"No!" she shrieked, attempting to wriggle free. "Minions! Get her! Stop her! Kill her!" she commanded, still struggling to get the sword off of her as blood trickled down her robes. Christine unintentionally tensed up, she was now defenseless. What was she going to do, fistfight 10 men at once? As the reincarnated approached the dragon, she started to feel fear for the first time in her life. Shutting her eyes, she prepared for any fate that waited for her. Dad, I'm sorry. Please don't think too much of me. In the end, I'm just a stupid, weak dragonet. She thought with her whole body shivering.
pooopBut then, a chunk of darkness dropped from the roof. Quick as the blink of an eye, it took out a sword and chopped the enchantress's head clean off. The men surrounding Christine immediately crumbled back into limbs, never to be disturbed again.
pooop"Hope I didn't interrupt your good time, Christine." the blackness said, walking into the torchlight. "Xander!" she cried excitedly, her heart leaping with joy. "I--thank you so much for helping me! But how did you know I was here??" she questioned, getting her weapon from the dead body. "It's a not-so-long story." he began to explain, "Don't feel bad about it, but when you visited me, you were being watched by some bounty hunters. They saw you go in my place, and figured out how to get in, too. You see, my criminal record isn't exactly one the king doesn't want to look over, so a lot of people are trying to find me. Of course, I just threw those heavy hitters back in the lake and that took care of the poor, tired souls. But, I didn't have anywhere else to go. Especially since my lair was found. I then decided to watch over you, in case you got in some trouble." he explained, adjusting many things on his armor as she spoke. "I'm very happy you did. I don't know what would've happen if you didn't help me! Thank you." "Your welcome." he said kindly, a timid smirk on his face. "Come on, let's find a cure for that disease and get out of here." Christine said, searching the shelves. "A cure? Oh yeah, the townspeople told you about that Genocide Virus. Let me help." Xander stated, staring at the cauldron in the right corner of the room as he sorted through a stack of bottles. "It shouldn't take us long, I'm hoping. I just don't know what I'm looking for." "Hmm," the black armored man hummed, glaring at the witch.
pooop"Something bothering you?" Christine inquired, looking behind her back. "No, I'm just thinking." he replied, walking towards the corpse. Instead of saying anything, the dragonet just went back to the shelves. Xander tugged a bit of the witch's robe down on the neck, and found what he was searching for. "Would this be it?" he questioned, pointing at the tiny scroll on the rope around her neck. "Could be! How'd you know to look at her body?" she walked up to Xander and started reading the tiny piece of paper. "It's just something I've learned to do over the years. Never know what people might have on them." he squared his shoulders, thinking. "It's says here that she was making the cure in a pot, in case the mayor changed his mind. We should just scoop as much as the town needs, and be on our way." the mercenary got some bottles, as did the man, and they got what they needed. "So, I've been thinking..." the two said at the same time. They looked at each other, and starting laughing.
"Okay, seriously," Christine straightened up. "Do you want to do this more often? I mean, um," she put her hand on her chin, having a hard time finding the right words. "Look. I'm trying to find this tribe because--because I heard they have some jobs they need done. I don't know if you're busy, but..." she scratched her head, "Would you want to team up? You know, like going on missions together? I understand if-"
"That's exactly what I was going to ask you! I mean, without the tribe part. No, I don't have any jobs that can't wait. I would love to go on adventures with you! After all, we make such good friends, it would be a shame not to!" he exclaimed, his voice more excited than it usually was. "Great!" Christine beamed, noticing that the sun was coming up. "Let's drop off this antidote, get the payment, and be on our way!"
pooopWhen the two arrived, the people were very thankful. The moment they took a sip of the potion, their spots went away; and they were as good as new. The ruler of the town fulfilled his end of the bargain, and Christine and Xander split the gold. And, on that note, they continued on.
I thought earlier that I could do anything that presented itself to me. But now, with a friend like Xander by my side... she stared at the sunrise, and then at her friend, with a tired yet persistent expression. I KNOW I can do anything.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Hmhmhmhmhmhmhm
*chuckles lowly*
~they're together again~
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:18 pm

(~Indeed, I simply couldn't leave my little EdgeLord out of the story!~.)

pooopThe day was rainy and humid, with clouds looming over every part of the sky. Thankfully, this helped Christine suppress her urge to transform into a dragon. The cool, windy, and clear-sky days were the hardest to resist. Quite funny that that was the exact weather Christine left her kingdom. Xander was keeping quiet, most likely in his own thoughts.
pooopI wonder how he would react... she stretched her arms above her head, If I told him what I really am. Not that I ever will, since I have strict orders from Alard. Every dragon knows that when they're ordered by the kind to do something, there's no reason to resist it. After all, he's only keeping me safe! What Xander doesn't know won't hurt him, but... she grasped the straps on her backpack a little tightly. Would he not like me anymore?
pooop"Hey, what's your opinion on dragons?" The princess blurted out before realizing what she had said. A solemn, plump raindrop splatted on her head as a punishment for such a direct, daring question. It dripped down her forehead and to her nose, then gave up completely on it's efforts to drench her.
pooop"I hate them. One almost killed my whole family when I was visiting my parents once. Thank goodness I was there, I don't know what would've happened if my parents had to face it alone." he frowned slightly, his blue eyes turning bright with silent fury. "Huh." the princess tut-tutted, feeling a invisible dagger stab her in her heart.
She knew very well about that incident, some dragon from her kingdom had gone rouge and on a rampage. In the end, he was put on trial and obliterated by Alard. If only she could tell Xander that, but she couldn't without blowing her human cover. Or....would she? "Really? I didn't think dragons were very aggressive. I mean, the books I've read about them show...um," her mind brought her to the thought she had about destroying people over her talons, the urges to set things on fire. "Show that they're actually really peaceful! They won't pick fights unless provoked, I think." grinning, she patted Xander on the shoulder. He spat on the ground, giving her a serious look. "Funny. Didn't look that way when my mother and father's house was burned to the ground. They told me that it just showed up, and lighted things on fire. Did your book talk about that?" the man questioned sarcastically, set in his ways.
pooop"Kinda." she responded halfheartedly, her chest aching with feelings of unintentional betrayal. "It said that some just snap to their instinctual ways of the crave of destruction, but that part really didn't make sense to me. Do you understand it at all, Xander?" she shook her head, the water on her head spraying everywhere. The two were practically drenched, but there was nothing they could do bout it. The place they were walking in was barren, with no shelter or signs of life for miles. "I understand it enough." he answered bluntly, his expression softening. "Another question. It also said something about 'The Fallen Tribe,' where some people can turn into dragons. Do you know anything about that? I thought it would be really great for adventures! But, we don't have to since you don't like them." Christine said.
"'The Fallen Tribe'? Isn't that a myth? Pfft. I wouldn't get your hopes up, but.." he smiled softly, closing his eyes for a brief moment. "If it does exist, and if you want to go, I'm fine with that. You said only some people can change into dragons, right? That means it'll be pretty rare for us to see one."
"You mean, it isn't real?" The dragon princess drooped, using fake sadness in her voice. The girl knew for a fact that it existed, but she was human, and humans thought it was a legend. Are you following her logic? If not, don't worry; it took me a while to figure what the heck I had written down, too. "No, It can't be fake! I know it's real! I don't care if it takes me an eternity, I'm finding that Tribe!" coincidentally, a medium sized rock was in Christine's way, and she stepped on it boldly and posed. In the rain, it looked quite pathetic, despite her comically determined face.
pooopXander giggled in his low, smooth voice, all of his past anger evaporating into the rain. "If you say so." he said, "We can always ask around. You never know what information people can have on them." the dragonet got off of the rock and kept strolling. "Sounds fantastic!" Christine beamed, skipping in the pouring rain. Her friend laughed again, it seemed like this girl was full of surprises.
Little did he know how close he was to a dangerous secret with that thought.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:06 pm

pooopNight was falling. So, despite the fact that the rain was not quitting, the two attempted to set up camp.
pooop"Xander," Christine picked up a large sum of dead, wet branches. She looked at them with distaste, knowing that wet wood was harder to set on fire. "You know I'm a mercenary for a living, but what's your profession? Aren't you a mercenary, too?" she heaved the logs into a massive pile, wondering how to light it. The area around them was still desolate, except for a few trees around them; so she doubted that the two would have any fire. Now, if the princess could turn into a dragon, that would be a different story. After all, dragon fire was much hotter than natural, normally-lit flame. Sadly, not only would that blow her cover, it would also give her friend a legitimate heart attack. The mysterious apologizer chuckled at the word Christine used for him; seeing if the tress around him would be strong enough to sleep on.
pooop"I'm an assassin. Not only does it pay better, you get much more skill and respect from the commoners. No offense." he climbed a tree trunk gracefully when he spoke. The swiftness and execution of it was so well done, the girl was reminded of the aggressive squirrels she saw earlier the day before. "None taken. But doesn't that make you a bigger target for bounty hunters that want to get to the top?" Christine rubbed some sticks together, but the sticks were to wet to create heat through friction. She was tempted to give up on the fire. "Perhaps, but it's nothing I can't deal with. Once you do what I've done for a while, those people are simple, weak, flies. In time, I'm sure you'll understand that, Christine." he cooed soothingly, testing a branch by putting his entire weight on it.
pooop"Makes sense enough. Do you think we'll be able to sleep in those trees?" The dragon princess attempted to climb one, but she was a flier, not a climber. Her foot lost any hold it somehow had on the wood, and her rear end hit the ground. From above, Xander watched, enjoying the show his friend was giving. "Yes, I think they'll do. Need help climbing?" he jumped down, not making a sound despite his heavy-looking armor. "Yeah..." she admitted, embarrassed. Climbing was most likely a required human skill, so she hoped this didn't make her friend suspicious about her. "Here, then, I'll give you a leg-up." he started towards her, knelling into place for what he had in mind. "Okay, thanks." the dragonet lifted up one of her feet, and she was abruptly raised into the air.
pooopThis wasn't a leg-up, it was a whole-body-up. Panicking, Christine leaped, grabbing onto the top of the trunk as best she could. "Good job!" the dragon-slayer complimented, backing up to his own tree. "You're the one who did all of the work, but thanks anyway." she retaliated politely, settling in. The leaves protected her from most of the falling water, so she was happy about that. The princess was fine with getting wet, but there was a limit to it. Her friend went silent for a second, not expecting the mercenary to say such a sincerely nice thing. With a quiet spurt of laughter, he got into his sleeping space for the night. "You really are something special, Christine." Xander mused, lying down and getting as comfortable as he could. Now, it was the dragons time to go quiet, both getting flustered with the others kindness. "Heh, you, too. I hope you get some rest. Good night." she hummed, closing her eyes. "Goodnight." he replied simply, letting his tiredness overtake him.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit
ImageImage

Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:45 pm

They have an insane amount of fun
this is funny

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII want iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

*blitzes into the story*
*fails*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:10 pm

(It is required in every post of this book that Christine and Xander have maximum capacity of fun, drama, and the occasional most jokes possible. Once again, I thank you for gracing me with such a comment. Really means a lot to me!
Is is a lot to read, isn't it? *Pats your back in a sarcastic, comforting way.*)

pooopChristine heard footsteps in the night, but didn't bother checking what it was. After all, they sounded like her friends, so why even bother? It had taken the girl forever to get comfy, so there was no way she was going to throw that away for a "what if".
pooopXander, on the other hand, wasn't as carefree. He raised his head softly, letting his eyes adjust a little more to the darkness. He held back words as he gazed down upon a group of people, who were stealthily treading in the shadows. Instead of foolishly acting out, he waited, staring at the three like a hawk does it's prey. Tonight had no moon, and the stars glittered happily in the now cloudless sky. The man saw this as a sign that tomorrow would be a very nice day.
pooop"Are you sure this is where she is?" one of the triplets questioned, his voice so quiet Xander had to strain his ears very hard to hear it.
pooop"Yes, we will teach her what happens when you mess with our Enchantress." another replied, even quieter than the last voice. The Mysterious Apologizer only heard the words "teacher" and "Atlantis", which confused him greatly. Knowing at least that he had misheard them, he decided not to take a chance. If, for any reason, these people were after Christine, he wouldn't let them hurt her. That girl was the only one who could make him laugh, make him feel special, and not just a feared assassin that needed to get out. Unlike everyone else he had met, the female actually enjoyed his company, and didn't just pretend to. Most of all, she always had the best advice. Christine had such a bright, carefree perspective on life that Xander, no matter how he tried, couldn't grasp the concept without her. It was almost magic at work. So, to sum it all up, she was the greatest friend he ever, or probably would ever have.
The assassin crawled up a large branch, not making a sound. On his messenger bag's sash, there was pockets. He dug in these tiny compartments, and pulled out two tiny knives. At the end of the tree, he hopped off, and landed right in the middle of the crouching group.
pooop"You want to hurt her? You'll have to get through me." the man whispered in a growling, menacing voice. He stabbed the two closest to him in the back of their necks, covering their mouths with his arms as he did this so they wouldn't scream and wake up his friend. The dragonet had to fight a witch, for goodness sake, she deserved the rest! Poor thing. The remaining sell-sword squeaked in a pitifully terrified voice, shaking where he stood. Xander took his foot, hooked it with the enemy's ankle, and yanked his foot forward. The squeaker tripped because of this and fell to the ground, frozen still with fear for his life. Since sparing wasn't the mans way of doing things, he took another small knife and ended it as fast as he could.
pooopHmm, is Christine squeamish with corpses? Well, she didn't mind that decapitation with the Enchantress...but I don't think she'd like waking up to dead bodies on the dirt. I might as well see if they have anything good on them, and get rid of the useless things afterwards. As he fulfilled his idea, he observed that the sun would be up soon. It didn't bother him, though. There had been times where he had to stay up for days to kill someone. Therefore, this was a piece of cake to him. I swear, who whispers "Atlantis" before they plan to murder someone? You're not even supposed to say anything when you're so close to the target! Pfft. How naive. I would never make such stupid mistakes. Those lowlifes had no idea what true talent it takes to become an assassin. Nor will they ever, ha-ha. Xander brushed the dirt off of himself, pleased with his work. It's not as funny since Christine isn't here to laugh at it... he frowned, now disgusted with the joke. What's the point of making one, if nobody hears it? Oh well, I guess that's just something he's all too used to. At least he had a friend now.
Last edited by Captain Plucky on Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello there everyone,
I'm Captain Plucky!

---------------------
🐉 🥇🔥🐺

I love to write,
goof off, stargaze, and
generally have a good
time. If you ever
need anything, feel
free to talk to me!

---------------------
🎨 Credit