The Imagination Station.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Imagination Station.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:34 am

Hello and welcome! So, this is where
I'm gonna be posting my random stories.
Prompts, stories for competitions, stories
for when I'm bored, and stories
based off songs and the like. There will
be reoccurring characters, may of which
will have their own stories. If you want
to read those stories, please tell me!
Anyway, fell free to post if you want,
and let's begin!

Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:45 am, edited 21 times in total.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fame

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Entry for this contest.

Y'know, I once wasn't well known. I was once just a kid, an orphan livin' on the streets, trying to survive in the big, bad world. Ya may not know this though, I'm not an orphan, though I believed that I was until I was 'bout sixteen. My name's Tomas, ya may have heard of me. I used ta steal for the orphanage in my home town, Bolltings. I wuz only caught nine times before my sixteen birthday, least I think I was sixteen. But it was the tenth time that I realized something huge, an' that was the time my fame began to grow. I should tell you the story instead of talkin' like this, eh?

"I told you Tomas. The next time you're caught I can banish you," Mark said, pacing in front of me. It was the same set up from about a nine months ago. I was again tied to a chair, and Mark, the leader of the town guards - or as I like to call them, peacocks, on account of their bright blue and green uniform - stood in front of me.

"I'm surprised you caught me so quickly," I said, raising an eyebrow. He sighed, running his hand through his graying black hair.

"We have to do something about you. You can't keep stealing."

I sighed, shaking my head.

"Give me another option then. Give me a reason not to steal."

Mark sighed, and sat on the chair opposite me.

"You never met your parents, did you?"

I blinked, a little taken a back at the change in subject.

"No. They died soon after my birth," I said. I had always dreamed of my parents. In my dreams, my father was a great knight, a friend of the Queen herself. And my mother was his lady, dealing with all of the problems. But they were dead now.

Mark nodded, sighing.

"I - I needed to tell you this. But I wasn't sure how. Or when."

I just watched him, unsure of what he was talking about.

"I - I was - when I. Oh, I don't know how to say this," he said. I just waited. Taking a deep breath, Mark continued. "When I was young, I was madly in love with a young bar maid at the local tavern, and she with me. Being young, we didn't care about anything, just our love. But the thing is, she was already engaged." He looked down, sighing. "After she became pregnant, she left the town, slipping back in the dead of night with a babe nine months later."

I squirmed, unsure of what he was going on about. How did this have anything to do with me? A thought crossed my mind, but it was so repulsive that I forced it away at once.

But them Mark looked straight in my eyes, and confirmed my fear.

"That babe was you."

I reeled back in my seat, nearly knocking it over. It couldn't be true. I was the illigitamte child of a bar maid and the captain of the guard, my greatest enemy? It couldn't be true.

My eyes hardened as I looked up at Mark. I couldn't think of him as my father.

"You expect me to believe that?" I asked, glaring at him. He sighed, wringing his hands.

"I'll give you a day. Say goodbye to your friends, pack your things and leave," was all he said, standing. As he did, a bad fell out of his belt, jangling with coins. I knew he did it on purpose. Then he left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

Mark was my father. All visions of the knight in shinning armor, killed in the heat of battle vanished. I laughed, a harsh laugh even to me. It was apt, really. The vile spawn of the town was the son of the captain of the guards. I could ruin his reputation, but something in me didn't want to. If what he said was true, he was my father, and I had always wanted to meet my father.
    ############

It didn't take me long to escape, and I headed towards the orphanage. Once there, I didn't waste time, and found my young friend, Omar.

The kid was about three years younger then me, but I had taught him everything he knew. He grinned as he saw me coming, and leaped out of the small tree in front of the orphanage he had been in.

"I wuz watching for ya," he said. "Knew it wouldn't take long for ya to escape."

I just nodded, my heat heavy.

"I have to leave Omar," I said. He frowned, looking at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Tenth time I wuz caught. Next time Mark 'as the excuse to execute me. I gotta scat."

Omar's brown eyes grew wide.

"You cin stay longa. They won't catch ya again," he said.

I forced a small grin.

"Yeah they will, I'm not that good," he said, ruffling his brown hair. He was almost as tall as me, and soon would be taller. "You take care of 'em, right? Don't you get catched right?"

He nodded, his eyes filled with tears.

"Come back Tomas. Come back when you're a rich man, and 'dopt all of us. Take us to ya home where we won't be 'ungry again," he whispered.

"I will mate, I will." I grinned at him, and turned to leave, my heart heavy. "Tell Mrs. Daley that I'll be back one day," I called over my shoulder.

Then I left. I didn't look back, I left my home town. I made a vow that I would never steal again, not unless my life depended on it. I would become rich, and I would return to Bolltings.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fame part two

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:45 pm

Entry for this contest.

I traveled farther then I ever had before, staying away from any towns near Bolltings. People knew me, they knew that I would steal. So I moved on, further and further away from my home. And my father.

Perhaps that was one of the reasons I left, I didn't want to be near him. I didn't want to see him every day, and be reminded that I should never have been born, that all my dreams of my family were fake. Maybe it was because he could kill me the next time he caught me, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to help others if I was dead. Or maybe it was because I wanted to see the world, to travel. I think it was a mixture of all three in the end.

Whatever the case for my leaving, I found myself in a large town, far bigger then Bolltings. It was here that I decided to stay, to become rich and gain enough money to adopt all my friends.

I soon found a job, being young and able to run I became a messenger. This also helped me to learn my way around the town, if I ever needed to make a quick escape. I had lived too long having to look over my shoulder and the old habits didn't die easily.

It only took a month before I was stealing again. However hard I tried not to, when someone was in trouble I had to help them.

I was delivering a message, running through the busy market streets. This was much faster then taking the back ways, even if there were many more people.

As I dodged around yet another rich gentleman, I saw a small girl, only about six or seven, lying by the road. Before I thought about it, I grabbed a loaf of bread from a nearby stall, and slipped through the crowd towards her. She looked up as I approached, her huge green eyes filled with fear.

"Here," I said, handing her the bread. "Take and leave, but don't run." No one would notice her if she walked through the market, but if she ran she would be spotted.

Her eyes brightened, and she smile, a huge smile that lit up her grubby face. She nodded, grabbing the bread from me and scurrying off. I watched her go, saddened and angry that she had to live on the streets, hungry, and in fear.

"It was him!" I heard a voice behind me, and my heart sank. I cursed under my breath, and stood, about to start running. My clothes were that of a messenger, so they wouldn't look twice if I was running through the town. But they might think it odd if I started now.

"Oi! You, messenger boy. C'm 'er."

I turned, a frown on my face.

"Yes sir?" I asked. A thin man, his face a snare, glared at me, his arms crossed.

"Bread. I saw you take it. Where is it," he snapped. I paused, tempted to run. But then word would get around, and I would have to leave. Maybe I could selvage something out of this.

"She needed it more then me," I said. I sighed, knowing what I had to do. "I don't have any money with me, but there is some at my employer's house, where I'm stayin'."

He marched forward, and grabbed me by my ear.

"Look, kid. We both know I ain't getting that money. So you'd better show me the way back to your master."

I sighed, knowing there was no other option.

"Fine, but please don't - OW!" I shouted the last as he twisted my ear.

"Move on kid," he growled, shoving me before him.

I had the fortune of meeting a kind man who was in need of a messenger. Aaron was all I knew him as, a kinder man never lived. He took me in, gave me food and a place to stay in return for me running a few errands for him. He was an older man, and had no children. His wife had died a few years after their marriage, and he missed her dreadfully. I dreaded the thought that I had betrayed his trust.

Upon reaching the house, my captor thumped on the door loudly. Aaron answered the door. He frowned slightly, seeing me with my head down cast and my captor.

"What's all this?" he asked. "Tomas?"

I remained silent, I knew what I did was wrong.

"This boy stole a loaf of bread," my captor growled, twisting my hear. I winched but didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Aaron said, ducking inside. He returned a few minutes later, a few coins in his hand. "Is this enough to satisfy you?"

The man grunted, shoving me forward and taking the coins.

"Make sure he doesn't do it again or I'll call the guards on 'im," he growled, turning.

Aaron sighed, ushering me inside and closing the door.

"Well?" was all he said, crossing his arms.

I studied the floor, nursing my ear.

"I didn't take it for myself," I muttered. I sighed, knowing I had to tell him everything. So I looked into his face, framed by a whitening hair and beard, dropping my hand as I did.

"I'm an orphan, from a small town of Bolltings." I only remembered that I wasn't an orphan when I finished the sentence. But Mark wasn't worthy of being called my father. "I used to steal food for the other orphans, there're about five of them, me and another kid who would help me. I guess I don't like seeing kids in trouble. I don't like seeing them hungry 'cause I know what its like." I sighed again, shrugging. "I know what I did was wrong, but she was starving." I lowered my gaze again.

He laid an arm on my shoulder, and pushed my head up.

"If you ever seen anyone in need, don't steal. I have more then enough money to take some more children in. Send them here."

I nodded and he smiled.

"I can bring your friends from Bolltings here if you want? I can look after them," he said.

I paused, and was about to accept the offer but stopped.

"No. I'm going to become rich, I want to adopt them myself." I wanted to show Mark I could, I wanted to keep my promise to Omar. It was pride that I stopped me, pride that I regretted for years after.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Imagination Station.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Entry for this contest.

I gripped the bow, my arm shaking slightly. The rain sleeted down, plastering my long brown hair to my face. I adjusted my weight, finding the balance on the rocking boat. This was the most important shot of my life. If I missed....

No! I wouldn't miss. I had to shoot true, because... if I didn't... I just had to.

As I lifted the bow, a memory came unbidden to my mind. I was just twelve at the time.

"Carrie! Carrie help!"

I turned, the bow in my hand. Mother was tied, her hands tried above her, tied to a tree. The bandits' leader was advance closer to her, his sword out. The wagon we had been traveling in had been ambushed by bandits and we had been captured, forced to walk with them for many night. But it seemed that Mother had displeased them somehow. She had been tied, but as she did, I had managed to escape and find my bow.

Now she was in front of me, about to be killed. I drew my bow, I only had one arrow. I carefully aimed, took a deep breath and fired.

What happened next was embedded in my mind for the rest of my life. The arrow flew through the air, but I hadn't taken the wind into account. It was blown slightly off track, and straight into Mother's chest.

I didn't know what to do, I just dropped the bow, watching as my mother collapsed, dead. don't remember much of what happened next, just screaming, over and over again. Then I fainted, and I woke in safety, my screams had alerted people to my position.

This was the first time I had picked up a bow since then, and I didn't know how well I could shoot. But this was the only option.

Again I had been captured, again with someone I loved. Again the loved one was in mortal danger, and again I had escaped and found a bow, again I had only one arrow.

But this time there was more too it. Our kingdom was in mortal danger, pirates, orcs and other such horrible things knocking at our doors. The only thing that was keeping them away was William, a young man about my age. Recently, we had visited the old wizard, the man who protected the kingdom before William. Upon our visit, he was killed, and all his power laid on William.

But foolishly, William had left the country, weakening the protection he gave to the country, and putting himself in danger. I followed, thinking I could keep him safe. But we had both be captured, and once the pirates realized who he was, they prepared to kill him.

He was now standing at the start of the plank, a pirate behind him, forcing him forward. I had to act fast.

Taking a deep breath, I drew the bow. I held it, my arm aching, reminding me of the years I hadn't dared to shoot.

"Oi! Stop 'er!" someone shouted, and I turned, accidentally firing. But I had loosened my draw, and the arrow only clattered on the ground a few feet in front of me. I lunged forward, watching as the pirate shoved William forward again.

My heart was in my mouth as I grabbed up the arrow and stood, nocking it to the bow.I fumbled, missing the nock and tried again, this time getting the arrow on the string. A pirate advanced from behind, and I kicked him, my flexible legs connecting with his chin. He staggered back and I had a change to shoot.

It seemed like time stood still. I drew the bow, pulling the string back to my ear. Letting out my breath, I held it, aiming as I did. I trained the arrow on the pirate forcing Willaim forward, and breathed in.

Then I let my fingers go, pulling them away from the string. The string leaped forward, shooting the arrow towards the pirate - and William.

But I never had a chance to see if I shoot true or not, for as soon as the arrow had been loosed, I felt a blow to my head, and all went black.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fame part three

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Entry for this contest.

I tried to stop stealing, really I did. I did as Aaron said, bringing any children in need I meet to him. I didn't steal for a year, and I began to feel like I could keep it up, that I would be able to gain enough money to adopt my friends when Aaron fell sick.

I waited by his bed, watching over him, calling the doctor. But he didn't get better. He fell into a comatose state, unable to talk. Worried, I tried everything I could think of, called any doctor I thought could help. But still he didn't get well.

Then the worst thing happened. He died. I was thrown out onto the streets, left to fend for myself while his scavenging relatives came to take his money, not caring about him. That was the worst few days of my life, living on the street, morning for one of my only friends.

When I had recovered somewhat, I did try to find a job. I looked everywhere I could, but no one would take me. So I lived on the streets, vowing not to steal. And yet it was inevitable I would.

This time it was a young boy, barely three years old. He was gone almost before he hate snatched the bread out of my hand, but I had been spotted.

"Hey kid." I spun, sighing. But instead of an angry store owner, I saw a ragged man, his bread untrimmed and his eyes darting from side to side.

"What?" I demanded.

"You're fast right, and yew can steal. How's about yous work for me?" he asked, leaning against the building.

I shook my head, turning away from him.

"No. I don't steal for myself. Only for those who need it more then me."

I began to walk away, but I felt his hand on my arm. He spun me around, glaring in my face, his breath making me gag.

"You'll do wha' I say," he growled. "An' ifin' you do it right, I might give yew some of the money."

I shook my head, wrenching my arm from his grasp and moving back.

"I told you. I'm not going to work for you," I said, balling my hands into fists.

"You'll do as I say or I'll turn ya into the guards. They don't take kindly to stealin'."

I hesitated, knowing that I was trapped. Part of me wanted to leave, walk away and turn myself in, that way he couldn't blackmail me. But I still wanted to get rich.

"I get half," I said at last, and he grinned, a gap tooth grin.

"Good on ya," he growled. "Call m' Boggle." He held out a hand as he spoke.

"Tomas," I said, shaking it and sealing my fate.

So I was trapped, part of which was my fault. I stole money, giving it to him and keeping some. But I had no joy. There was no sense of the accomplishment I felt before as I watched my pile of coins grow. I was trapped in something I didn't want. All the while, people began to notice the amount of stealing that was happening. They began to become more cautious, watching out for the one they called; "The night shadow."

I was inevitable things would come to a head. I was slipping into a house, Boggle behind me. We slipped quietly into the room that we knew held the money.

"'ere," Boggle whispered, slipping a knife into my hand. I frowned, surprised at that. "Le's go."

I followed, confused. He lead me into another room, building my suspicion even more. Gesturing to a large bed in the middle of the room, he grinned at me.

"I owes him some money. I don't wants to. Sos you's best to get rid of him for me."

I stepped back, shaking my head. Stealing was one thing, but murder? I couldn't do that.

He leaned close, grabbing the front of my shirt.

"Do it kid. Or I'll turn you in. And there've been other murders by the Night Shadow," he added. "People's been thinkin' about hexecuting 'im. We wouldn't want that, would we."

I shook my head, sick of his blackmail.

"I'm not doing it," I said.

He scowled, flicking another knife out.

"I'll do it then!" he growled, moving forward. I leaped after him, blocking his blow as it came down towards the sleeping man. He scowled at me, forcing me back. I ducked his blow, stabbing under him. He moved aside, stabbing the knife down into the sleeping form.

I jumped forward, and with out realizing it, plunged my knife into his back. He fell back, slipping off the bed. I stared at him in shock. While he had tormented me for nearly a year, I hadn't meant to kill him!

A scream broke me out of my thoughts, the wife of the man Boggles had just killed woke. She stared at me, fear in her eyes. I just sighed, dropping my knife. I wasn't going to resist.

I was taken to the prison. I admitted that I'm the Night Shadow, and my and writing this on my way to the exaction. My exaction. I deserve this, I know. I have stolen far to many times, and even killed. The world will be better off without me.

Before I was brought here, I was asked my last requests. I asked for two, paper and pen to write this, and that the orphans back home would be taken care of.

My time is running out. I have to finish now. Omar, if you ever read this, don't steal any more. Even if you aren't taken care of, stop. Find a job, find another way of taking care of the orphans and yourself. And don't get yourself a name because of the bad things. I always wanted to have fame, just not like this.

I have to go now. Goodbye Omar. For good.

Omar stood in the crowd, as soon as he had been able to leave Bolltings he had followed Tomas. But he never expected to find his best friend and hero like this.

His eyes filled with tears as Tomas looked up from what he had been writing. The red head's eyes scanned the crowd, landing on his face. Tomas' eyes lit up, and he smiled sadly. He bent down and scribbled something else on his paper, then folded the three pieces together, throwing them towards Omar.

Omar rushed forward, picking up the paper. On the back, Tomas had written three words. Omar gripped them to his heart as he watched his best friend led towards the gallows.

He couldn't watch, and turned away, tears filling his eyes. Why had Tomas let himself be caught? He was better then that. Perhaps the answers were on the paper he was holding.

He looked again at the final three words Tomas had written as he slipped away, tears dripping down his face.

Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Flight

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Entry for this contest. Picture

The mountains towered high over Cricket as he flew. He looked around, awed by the huge, towering things, for once silent.

"They're huge!" Steam cried, the small grey Stormrider coming up behind Cricket. He just nodded.

"Are you coming?" Flame called, the former guard of the Stormriders flying ahead. Cricket nodded again, moving his wings with greater speed.

They had been traveling for nearly a week, flying farther into Milita than any other dragon had before. Moon, who was still busy with the peace treaty between the Stormriders and Sharpshooters, had asked that Cricket and Steam to explore the lands above the Stormrider city. Flame had come along as well, saying that he wasn't about to let two young dragons - who had only just gained their colour - out alone.

They flew silently, feeling tiny among the giant mountains. The sun was beginning to set, and Flame called them in to rest. He landed on a small ledge, about fifteen dragon lengths off the ground. Cricket glanced down, then up again. He had thought that he was high, but the size of the mountains made him feel like he had both paws firmly on the ground.

"This is amazing!" he cried, his voice echoing slightly down into the valley below. "Wait till I tell Moon about this! She has to come and see!"

Steam grinned, used to his excited talking.

"Moon'll love it! I wonder what we'll see tomorrow! I wonder if there's any other dragons here!" Cricket continued, bounding up and down as he spoke.

"Alright, calm down there Cricket," Flame said, smiling. "You two stay here, okay. I'm going hunting." As he spoke he spread his wings, flying into the air again.

Cricket dropped onto his belly, lying down and watching the shadows get larger as the sun set. There was a lot less light in this part of Vernada due to the huge mountains blocking the sun most of the day.

"I hope we see a new animal!" he said, looking down over the valley. "I mean, Moon and Zappy found the k'lraks, and didn't that other dragon find something that exploded by the swamp?"

"Its k'lark plural, not k'larks," Steam absently corrected. "And the exploding thing was just a legend."

"But it could be true!" Cricket said.

"I guess," Steam said, not sounding sure. They fell silent, waiting for Flame to get back. Cricket absently batted a stone off the cliff, watching it drop down, bored.

He was watching a bird circle in the air, wondering if it was a new species, when Steam let out a gasp, leaping back. Her eyes were wide and she pointed a claw to the rock face behind them.

Cricket turned, and nearly stumbled off the ledge. There, staring out of the cliff was a huge, blue eye. It blinked, looking first at Steam, who coward in fear, her eyes huge, then at Cricket. The eye was almost as big as his head, a light blue but with anger in it.

Suddenly, a loud crash sounded from the side of the mountain, a few meters away. Rocks began sliding down, and Cricket took to the air in fight. Steam followed, still watching the huge eye. The flew backwards, their hearts beating fast.

"I think we found your new species!" Steam cried, turning back to look at the eye again.

The entire mountain side was collapsing, rocks falling wildly smashing down the cliff face and cracking to pieces on the ground.

And then, with a huge roar that split the mountains a dragon appeared, shaking off the remaining rocks. Cricket nearly dropped out of the sky, it was huge. Its head was about the side of himself, a large, single horn - like a Stormrider's - towering up above it. Down its back were frill like spikes, looking a little like those of a Sharpshooters.

"It looks a bit like a Stormshooter," Steam cried, her voice shaking with fear.

"Who. Wakes. Me?" the dragon asked, its voice deep, full of anger. It seemed to have trouble talking, and the great blue eyes scanned the skies.

"Cricket! Steam! What have you done!" Flame was flying back, a huge boar in his claws. He dropped it at the sight of the colossal dragon.

The beast's eyes turned on Flame, and it stepped forward, demolishing all that remained of the mountain it had been encased in. The foot caused a small earthquake when it placed it down, walking on its back legs.

"You. Wake. Me?" it demanded, its face in a snarl. Flame just stared at it, looking like his wings were about to give way.

Cricket dashed forward, between his mentor and the huge dragon. He didn't hear Steam's cry for him to stop. His heart beating fast, he said loudly, "I did! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to wake you!" He bowed his head, hoping that the dragon wouldn't attack. He would be dead with one swipe if it did.

There was a loud rumble, and it took Cricket a long moment to realize it was laughing, deep in its chest.

"Good. Wake is good. I sleep too long." It spread its wings, nearly taking the top off a mountain, and bellowed out a huge roar. Cricket's wings collapsed, and he fell a few meters before catching himself. His heart was beating so hard, he thought it would leap out of his chest.

The huge dragon leaped off the ground, its huge wings beating hard to get it off the ground. Then, it turned, and flew over a mountain.

Cricket turned to Steam and Flame, his eyes wide and shaking with fear.

"That was big," he whispered, glanced back to where the dragon had vanished.

Steam nodded, helping the shaken Flame to the ground. The three dragons landed, exchanging nervous glances.

"Maybe we should go back and tell Moon," Steam said, and Flame nodded, breathing heavily.

"This part of Vernada is no safe. We still don't know if that... that thing means harm or not. We cannot lead it back to Miltia. We'll rest for the night, and go back in the morning."

The younger dragons nodded, knowing that they wouldn't sleep. As they lay on the grassy floor, the huge mountains towering over them, the roars of the great beats split the air. They had woken something, something big. Weather it would cause harm, or good, they didn't know yet.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Release

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:22 pm

(Entry for this contest. picture)

The cave shook as a great beast landed heavily, drifting through the large opening. The outside world could be glimpsed briefly before the walls of the cave covered it and the dragon was hidden under the rocks. He was panting heavily, struggiling to stay upright, a wound stretched across his belly.

Standing on his back was a figure, a young man, only as large as one of the beat's spines. He was dressed in a long blue robe, and carrying a staff, a sword in his belt looking out of place.

"You're gonna be fine," he called, and the dragon let out a rumble. "Move to the ledge."

Painfully, the dragon staggered forward, and rested his head on a outcropping of the rock. The man expertly walked along the dragon's neck, stepping off his nose and onto the ledge. Once he was safe, the dragon dropped to his knees, the wound over coming him.

The young mage licked his lips in worry for his partner, and lifted his staff. Shouting words of power, his staff tip glowed, but nothing happened. He tried again, with the same resaults.

"It's not working! I'm not strong enough!" his voice was paniced, but the dragons shook his head and closed his eyes against the pain.

"We should never have gone to help them," the mage muttered, "They just don't understand that you won't hurt them! And now you're going to die and it's my fault!" His voice cracked, showing how young he was - only a boy. His tight grip on his staff turned his knuckles white and his eyes were wide.

"No." The dragon's voice was deep, vibrating around the whole room and causing a stalactite to fall from the ceiling. "It is not your fault. I knew they would not trust me."

The boy adjusted his grip on the staff, licking his lips again.

“But you wouldn’t have come if I hadn’t asked you to!” Tears filled his eyes and he looked down at his partner below him.

“Do no blame yourself. I am already old, my time would have come soon.” The dragon’s whole body shook, and he closed his purple eyes in pain. “I cannot find peace if you don’t let me go.”

“No. I can’t let you die! You’re my best friend, my only friend! Please.” Now the tears were flowing freely down the boys face, and he shook his head again and again, releasing and gripping the staff.

With a groan, the dragon hauled himself to his feet; his head now level with the ledge the mage was standing on.

“I long for the release of death, young one,” he said, and his great voice was surprisingly quiet. “I will join the rest of my kind.”

“Please,” the mage whispered, not bothering to wipe the tears that rushed down his face.

“My young friend. You have a life ahead of you. Finish your training, met people – real people, humans like you.” Again he groaned, swaying slightly on his feet and closing his eyes. “Please, master, release me.”

“No.” But the boy knew he had to. The pain in his friend eyes was too obvious. Squeezing his eyes shut, he lifted the staff over his head. “I – I release you,” he whispered.

“Thank you, friend.” The voice he heard was barely a whisper, and when he opened his eyes he was alone in the cave. Below him was nothing, nothing to show his partner and friend was no more.

The mage stayed like that for almost a minute, his arm in the air and staring at the place were his friend’s head once stood. Finally he collapsed, falling to his knees and sobbing.

When he looked up again, he noticed something on the floor of the cave – on a large rock. Wiping his face, he sniffed and began to make his way down the rock face. He almost fell the last few feet, but he made it to the ground safely. He scrambled up what almost looked like steps, to see the large rock that had appeared.

It was a glowing rock, pulsing slightly and almost a perfect shape. It was a vibrant purple colour, the exact shade of the dragon's eyes. It was criss-crossed with lighter lines, giving it the impression of a spider’s web.

It was a dragon egg.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"The show must go on..."

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:03 pm

(Floki's challenge number 13)

The theatre was quiet, empty. Timothy knew he shouldn't be on the stage, but it was the only place he could go where no one would bother him. He paced anxiously, gripping his phone in his hand, his Romeo costume annoying him extremely. Waiting - and dreading the ring he knew would come.

"There you are." Eliza appeared, sticking her head around the door already in her Juliet dress. Timothy looked up and smiled at her. He knew she would see right through it. "Mel wants to know if you're here yet. The show starts in -" she stopped and seemed to notice his tense nature -the phone clutched in his hand, the fake smile. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah," he lied. "I'm fine. Tell Mel I'll be ready. I just..." He took a deep breath. "I just need a minute."

Eliza laid a hand on his shoulder.

"I didn't know it would affect you so much," she said quietly.

"Oh, you didn't, did you?" Timothy demanded, spinning around to face her.

"He's just a kid from school - you hardly ever hang out with him."

Timothy took a deep breath, struggling to keep his emotions in check. He was angry, angry at Eliza for being so blind. Angry at himself for not hanging out with Jacob. Angry at the world in general for the catastrophe that had happened.

"He's not just a kid from school," he said - through gritted teeth. "And I may not have hung out with him much but..." He lifted a hand to his forehead and closed his eye. "But he was my best friend - my first friend!"

And then, all of a sudden, he was crying. The tears were flowing down his face and he dropped to his knees. Eliza dropped down beside him, resting her hand on his shoulder. It all came out, how they had been best friends when they were younger, how they had been close all through primary school. How in high school they began to drift apart, Jacob being much more interested in girls and parties than studying. How they had fought, how they hadn't spoken. And then that horrible, horrible call from his mother the day before.

"Tim, I'm so sorry but - I was talking to Jacob's mother. He's been in a car crash. The doctor's don't know if he'll make it. He's in a critical condition.

Eliza was silent, her hand on his shoulder. Timothy began to calm down now, feeling better for having told someone.

"I'm here," she said softly, and Timothy was glad for that.

They sat there together, not speaking. After five minutes a loud ringing broke the silence. It took Timothy a moment to register the sound, but when he realised what it was he felt a moment of panic. His phone.

His hands shaking, he answered the call. It was his mother. Two words said all he needed to know. Two words he hated above all. Two words that he never wanted to hear again.

"I'm sorry."

They were all he needed to hear. With a shout, he threw his phone across the room, burying his face in his hands. This was his fault. This was his fault. If he hadn't let Jacob go, maybe his friend - his best friend - would still be alive.

He felt Eliza's arms around him and expected her to echo the words of his mother. But she didn't. And for that he was grateful.

Eventually, she stood.

"I'll tell Mel you won't be able to act," she said quietly.

"No," Timothy said quickly, standing. He didn't want to go home - what would he do? Lie on his bed and cry - blame himself. "No, the show must go on..."
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Game Over.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:34 pm

(So this is for a mock exam I did last year. The exam is now ash, c:<, but I kinda liked the story.)

"We are so dead," Callum said as the door opened. Maria glanced over at him with a sigh.

"You say that every time," she said.

"And am I wrong?" he demanded. But Maria didn't have a chance to answer, as a large man exited the door. She tightened her grip on her bow.

"Right. Let's to this to-" But she didn't have a chance to finished. Callum rushed forward with a yell, swinging his sword at the giant. But with a roar, the giant flung him against the wall.

Maria pulled back her bow and fired as Callum struggled to his feet. The arrow embedded itself in the giant's arm, but all it did was infuriate it more. It let out a roar and rushed towards Maria, swinging its club.

With a loud bellow, it slammed Maria against the wall. Her lack of armour meant she wasn't getting up anytime soon.

"Crap!" Callum shouted, darted forward. He was slower now, Maria could see that. He rushed forward, screaming loudly, only to be thrown against the wall. There was no way he could survive that.

"Crap!" Callum repeated, throwing the game controller to the ground. "Crap. See, I told you! We always die."

Maria grinned as her character respawned. She picked up her controller again and raised her eyebrows at Callum.

"Come on. One more, we might just do it this time."

Callum sighed, picking up his controller.

"I bet we won't," he muttered as his character respawned. "We are so dead."
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Regrets.

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:53 pm

(I wrote this ages ago, but I'm so freaking happy with it!)

Everyone has regrets, for some, it may be as simple as, "if I had caught that ball, we may have won the game!" For others, it could be as life changing as, "If I hadn't done this, would he still be alive?"

Well, my regret is this; "What if I hadn't lost my temper? Would I still have her? Would all those people still be alive?"

Well, I guess that that may be a little confusing without the background, so I'll start from the start.

##########

I had always had a dog, though mine was made of shadows. He was with me at all times, but he grew larger and nastier when I was angry.

I was eleven when I met her, and she was ten. She was playing with her cat made of light, her black hair tied back in a ponytail, and her blue eyes full of laughter.

When I met her first, I was seething with anger for something I have long since forgotten. All I remember was that seeing her cat calmed my wolf, and he shrunk to the size of a puppy.

We spent a lot of time together, Flora and I. Her cat calmed my wolf, and she calmed me. We grew up together, not talking about anything personal, even our families. Oh, I wished so often after the incident that I had asked her about her family, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Our friendship grew into something else, and once I left school I looked for a job as soon as I could. I still spent time with her, and we often enjoyed walks along the beach together, our shadow and light pets playing together.

Ever since I met Flora, the largest my wolf had even gotten was the size of a small wolf. I never seemed to be angry at all, and I think I rather took it for granted.

I happened when I least wanted it. I was twenty-three, she twenty-two. We were walking along the beach, as we often did, but this time I had a ring in my pocket. I intend to propose to her that night.

As we were nearing our favourite place to watch the sunset, I saw a man sitting on our bench. My wolf grew slightly as I grew a little angry. Flora gripped my arm slightly.

The man looked up and started when he saw Flora.

"Flora!" he shouted, leaping up. My wolf grew even bigger. He rushed to her and embraced her.

"Leo!" Flora cried, pecking him on the cheek. "I didn't know you were in town!"

He laughed, "Well I am, my little Flower. Who's your friend?" I waited for Flora to tell him that I wasn't just a friend, I was something more now. But instead, she just said, "Oh, he's Roger."

Leo laughed and kissed Flora on her cheek. That was when I lost it. My wolf flung itself on Leo, growling and barking. It lunged at him, my anger fueling its rage. Flora was flung to one side, her cat rushing to her.

I called my wolf back only a minute later, but the damage was done. Flora looked at me, anger and.... fear? in her eyes.

"What have you done," she cried, struggling up.

"Flora, please, you know how hard it is!"

"No! Why did you do it? He was my brother!"

I felt like she had slapped me. He was her brother. No wonder she had greeted him like that.

"Flora, I'm sorr-,"

"No!" she snapped, cutting me off. "Just leave!" She shook her head at me and glared. "Just leave."

I stepped back, shaking my head.

Anger suddenly filled me, and, keeping a careful rein on my wolf, I pulled the ring box from my pocket.

"Fine!" I shouted, flinging it at her, "If you don't want me, I'll leave!" I stormed off, tears blocking my vision. Her voice was always embedded in my memory, called after me, "Why in the world did you think I would marry you!"

#########

I ran all night, not caring for anything, my parents, my siblings, nothing. My heart was broken and would never be fixed.

I only stopped running when I collapsed. I knew my wolf would protect me, so I slept.

When I woke, I couldn't see it anywhere. I sat up, wondering where I was. Then I remember, and cast myself on the ground again, wishing that I had remained strong, that I never had my wolf, that I hadn't run. Even that we had never met

"Broken heart? Lost a girl. I know how you feel." I looked up quickly at the strange voice and saw a man. He was old, around seventy, but he was crouched, stroking my wolf, which was the size of a tiny puppy. He smiled a gap-tooth grin.

"Oh, I know how you feel, laddie." He stood, and my wolf bounded back to me. I shoved it away. "Couldn't control your anger? Think it's his fault?" the man continued. "I can make the pain go away."

If he had said that he could make heartbreak go away before today, I would have laughed and sent him away. I often wished I had done just that, but I didn't. Instead, I looked up, interested.

"How?" I asked, and from that moment on I was his.

########

He took me to a small batch in the woods and began to train me. He taught me to not hold in the anger, and that hurt and betrayal would make my wolf grow. He also taught me how to keep firm control of my wolf, letting it grow only as much as I would let it.

One day, around four years after he had taken me in, he came into my room as I practised growing and shrinking my wolf. He was bent and crooked, looking old and tired. I stood quickly and gestured for him to sit on the bed.

"It's time to tell you a secret, laddie," he said, slowly lowering himself.

My wolf shrunk and jumped onto the bed beside the man. He absently patted it as he spoke.

"I'm not seventy, laddie, but five hundred years old." I looked at him, startled.

"What?!" I burst out. "You're what?! How?!"

He chuckled. "As you already know, magic is in the world," he gestured to my wolf, sleeping beside him. "You can see it in him. When I was your age, magic was much much more common, witches were real, and were drowned often. Even black cats could curse, or bless you.

"I was cursed by a cat with immortality. I was forced to watch my children die of old age. When I was seventy years old, and still looked like I was twenty, the local villagers accused me of being a wizard a tried to drown me. It was then that I discovered that I had a wolf, like you. It protected me.

"So I watched as the world changed, as people began to find things, and create amazing inventions. I grew older then, and hated it. I looked fifty when World War One started. I was beginning to feel my age and resented it. If I had to live more than anyone I met, I may as well stay young!

"One night, a great battle was fought outside my hideout. When I woke, it was still going. But, I realised that I was not fifty anymore, but forty. All that day I aged backwards, and by the time the battle was finished, I looked only fifteen. I was glad that I didn't age any less because I felt immature and foolish.

"Over the next few years, I figured that my favourite age was thirty. I was young enough to do everything without feeling it in my bones and old enough to be mature. Once the two world wars were over, I set up shop, as you say, here and stayed. "

I stood, listing as he told his tale. I believed him, proof of his story was right beside him in the form of my wolf.

"Where do I come in?" I asked suspiciously.

He nodded at me,
"Smart lad, knew I'd need you. Well, the fact is I don't have the money to travel across the sea to where wars are being fought. And, my wolf has vanished. I guess five hundred years was a little too long for it. I can no longer make the deaths I need to live."

I was beginning to have an idea of why he needed me, but I just listened.

"So, I need you to kill some people, just enough for me to age backwards to thirty."

I knew I would have to do it, but I didn't want too.

"Why should I?" I demanded.

"Because I saved you! You would have died of heartbreak if I had left you. I gave you a reason to live, and this is how you repay me? By refusing my simple request!"

"Killing thousands of people is not a simple request!" I cried. "Besides, you're an old man with no protection, and I have my wolf." I slowly let my wolf grow. It woke quickly and growled.

The man raised his eyebrows and waved his hand at it. It hesitated and began to shrink. I scowled and forced it to grow, letting my anger lose and every ounce of rage, anger and betrayal into it. The wolf didn't grow and inch.

"Save your anger," he said. "Follow me."

Knowing I was caught, I bowed my head and followed, cursing under my breath.

########

He led me to a small town and told me to destroy it all, killing everyone. I began, hating every moment of it. But when I watched my wolf destroy a building, I suddenly felt strong. When I watched people running, screaming in front of it, I felt powerful.

I imagined that all of the running people were Leo, or my mentor, the man who caused all this. Finally, the town was a smouldering ruins, bodies lying limp on the ground.

Instead of feeling the remorse and guilt I should have, I felt strong, powerful and more in control than I ever had.

I half hoped I had killed the man in the town, but, when I began heading back to the batch, a man about five years my señor joined me. He had brown hair and no wrinkles, but he was undoubtedly the man.

"It's good to let the rage out. Good to kill, isn't it?" he said. I simply nodded and was more under his control than ever before.

########

After that, he aged quickly, and after effect of being five hundred years old. So, over the next few years I attacked towns for him, killed for him and made him young again.

I began to get a name, The Shadowed Killer. I liked that and often introduced myself before I killed everyone. I also often left one or two alive to spread the world. I became famous for all the wrong reasons, and yet I reveled in it.

Often, I would slip out at night before he woke and attack a town or village. When he found out, he simply nodded at me.

"Feels good, don't it," he would say. And I would nod, it was true.

One day, ten years after I had first attacked that town, I was in the middle of a town, my wolf hidden in an alley, waiting for the right time to strike.

I was making my way to a scaffolding, I like to be high to see the chaos and destruction I brought. Upon reaching it, I quickly scrambled up, shoving a worker to the ground.

Standing on the highest point, I looked over the people.

"Hello citizens, I am The Shadowed Killer!" I shouted, holding my hands above my head. People began turning to me, muttering under their breaths and gasping in shock and fear. "I am here to destroy you!"

Behind me, long practised, my wolf began to grow, giving me a shadowed backdrop. I lowered my arms and my wolf leapt.

Suddenly, a blinding flash of nearly knocked me off the building, and a voice shouted, "Roger?!"

A huge cat made of light stood beside my wolf, both were slowly shrinking. And beside the cat, a heavily pregnant woman stood, holding the hand of a young boy and with a man behind her. Nearby an older boy ran towards them.

Older now, but still as beautiful, Flora stood, her eyes full of sadness, sorrow and pity. My anger grew even more. How dare she make a family with one other than me! How dare she have children that weren't mine! How dare she look so lovingly at them behind her. How dare she!

Even the presence of her cat wouldn't calm my wolf now. It grew to the size of the building I was on.

"Roger, please don't!" Flora shouted. The man behind her gripped her arm and tried to pull her away. She shook her head. "Roger please!" she cried as her husband dragged her away. I ignored her cry and focused all my anger into my wolf.

A single paw felled the family of my beloved, killing all or most I didn't know, or care! My anger blinded me and I struck out, killing and destroying. Finally, my anger was spent, and for the first time in years I felt the remorse I should have.

I hurried down the scaffolding on the only building left standing, and rushed to where Flora was. I knew that her husband and younger son were dead, but she and her older were still alive.

"Why Roger? Why!" she asked weakly.

"I-I. My anger. Flora, please I'm sorry." She just looked at me, sadness in my eyes.

"If you had only come back," she whispered. "I only loved you. I'm sorry Roger, I'm sorry." And then she breathed in a ragged breath. "I'm sorry," she whispered and breathed her last.

I collapsed over her, sobbing and crying. It was my fault! My fault! If only I hadn't run from her! If only I hadn't agreed to the man's mission! If only I hadn't let my anger control me! If only!

"Come boy, let's go," I heard a rough voice behind me, and saw the man, twenty years old. "You killed too many. Let's go."

I looked up from Flora's body, my face tear stained and grubby.

"No," I said.

"No? After all I've done for you! You say no!" he cried.

"You've done nothing for me but make my life missable! You've made me a monster!"

"You already were a monster! Look at how many you have killed!" He gestured wildly around him.

"Then one more death won't make much of a difference." I bent down and picked up a piece of broken glass. He stepped back, fear in his eyes. I threw the glass at him, and it landed in his chest. He stared at me, anger, fear and hate in his eyes.

Then, sinking to his knees, he cried.
"My wife! My children! Ahhhh!" Then he fell forward, dead.

I dropped to the ground, tired and exhausted. Tears slipped from my eyes as I looked at Flora. I picked her up and carried her through the town.

I was near the outskirts of the town when I heard a voice.
"Mummy!"

I turned and saw Flora's son limping towards me.

"Mummy?" he cried. I lowered her body to the ground and the boy ran to her. "I-is she okay?" he asked. He looked about seven.

I knelt down beside him.
"Look, kid. I'm sorry, but....... she's....she's dead." He stared at me, horror in his face.

"What! Mummy!" he wailed.

"What's your name?" I asked. He sniffed.

"Roger," he whispered. Roger. His mother had named her first born after me.

"Well, my name is Jason, and I'll look after you, okay?" I told him.

He nodded weakly.
"Okay," he whispered. I patted him on the head, forcing a smile.

"Let's bury your family, and then I'll take you to a place to live, okay!" Again, he nodded, and I lead him back to the town. As we did, I saw the black shadow of my wolf bound off. Beside it ran Flora's cat, both as small as kitten. I wished them luck where ever they went.

"Jason, who are you? Mama said never to talk to strangers," Roger said.

I looked down, startled.
"I'm an old friend of your mother." I knelt down beside him. "I can be whoever you want! I'm going to start a new life, with you."

Roger looked up.
"Can you be my friend?"

So that was what I became, no more Shadowed Killer, no more man, no more shadow wolf. I took him into the batch that I had lived in with the man. I had a new name, a new life, and I should have been happy.

But often, late at night when Roger was in bed, I would look at the stars, and think of the shadow wolf and light cat playing together and thought of Flora. I thought of the family I would have with her if I had just!

So many things I regretted, and yet I couldn't change them. So many things I wanted to change, and yet I couldn't.

########

So now you know what I regret. There are so many things I wish to change, so often at nights my heart aches with all the regret.

Now listen carefully, and I'll tell you what I did wrong. I didn't think before I acted, I didn't ask if I would regret what I did.

Please, please, please pay heed to what I say, think. Think before you explode, think before you let anger get the better of you.

I know from experience, and I hope that you won't learn that way. Pay heed to my story, and don't make the same mistakes I did.
Last edited by Woogwoo Wren on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me