The Island in the Bermuda Triangle {Skemma's Challenges}

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

The Island in the Bermuda Triangle {Skemma's Challenges}

Postby montmorency » Thu May 28, 2015 4:22 pm

ѕкєммα'ѕ ¢нαℓℓєηgє єηтяιєѕ

Let us begin with the character list and the entry list and the challenges participated

CHALLENGES PARTCIAPTED wrote:
✏ ¢нαℓℓєηgєѕ ραятι¢ιραтє∂ ✏
(// captain's ultimate challenge . X
20 random things - writing challenge! X
`[ song//challenge ] X
{ CS Pet Writing Challenge } X
CHARACTERS wrote:✐ ¢нαяα¢тєяѕ ✐
Quinn - Female - Wolf - Gray she-wolf with dark gray flecks and yellow eyes
Torben - Male - Dragon - Pale brown dragon with purple eyes, a slight ridge on his back, and multiple scars
Zara - Female - Dragon - Black dragon with rusty colored eyes, green and white flecks, and multiple scars
Little Fang - Male - Fox - Small, average red fox with brown eyes
Sarah - Female - Human - A brown-haired girl with freckles on her face and green eyes
Mistblaze - Male - Cat - light gray tom with dark gray lightning-like stripes, blue eyes, and light gray dragon wings
Red - Male - Fire element dragon pup - Here
Laika - Female - Air element dragon pup - Here
Tivo - Male - Darkness element dragon pup - Here
Luri - Male - Electricity element dragon pup - Here
Sonyxa - Female - Water element dragon pup - Here

Commentary/critique is welcome!
I do this all on-site (on CS),
so you'll see lots of WIP
stories on here.
I do edit a lot so many posts
will have many edits but
lots of it is just
fixing coding
Rules/Suggestions
Posting is welcome!
I would love your critique!
No rude comments, please.
Enjoy!
Last edited by montmorency on Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:53 am, edited 25 times in total.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ii {Prompts / Lists / Colors}

Postby montmorency » Fri May 29, 2015 10:49 am

ρяσмρтѕ / ℓιѕтѕ

Captain's challenge wrote:Style
- person (third person etc.) switch
- no dialogue
- just dialogue
- one character

Emotion
- love
- anger
- happiness
- humor
- sadness
- fear

Senses
- colors
- smell
- weather
- sound
- touch

Characters
- alternate universe
- alternate ending
- interaction
- illness
- personality break
- parents

Can do each more than once
20 random things challenge wrote:- inspired by a favorite song
- a fan fiction of a book you like
- a fantasy
- a realistic fiction
- as if it was a journal entry
- an action story
- a drama
- a mystery
- a horror
- a crime
- a romance
- something suspenseful
- best friends
- historical
- adventure
- best friends
- enemies
- awkward situation
- sad
- happy
Song challenge wrote:skip's befuddled madness of songs

solyn's jumbled keys

civi's get out or get goin'

lil mel's lil list

shade's fantasy of shadows

skemma's the pawn's move
Wolf by First Aid Kit
Little Fang by Animal Collective
Georgia by Vance Joy
Skyfall by Adele
To The Sky by Owl City
Pompeii by Bastille
Secrets by One Republic
Surprise by Maria Mena
On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons
Eet by Regina Spektor

cas' music speaks where words cannot

colors! wrote:20 random things ~ #0080FF
captain's challenge ~ #0000FF
song challenge ~ #80BFFF
CS pet challenge ~ #008080
CS pet writing challenge wrote:- war
- stranded on an island
- mood
- music inspired
- items on pet inspired
- something totally random
- a journal/diary entry
Whatever you want
Last edited by montmorency on Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:31 am, edited 14 times in total.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

iii

Postby montmorency » Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

20 random things challenge/song challenge
тнє ωєяєωσℓƒ'ѕ ƒαυℓт
Inspired by First Aid Kit's 'Wolf'

'Wolf' wrote:Wolf mother, where you been?
You look so worn, so thin
You're a taker, devil's maker
Let me hear you sing, hey ya hey ya

Wolf father, at the door
You don't smile anymore
You're a drifter, shapeshifter
Let me see you run, hey ya hey ya

Holy light, oh, burn the night, oh keep the spirits strong
Watch it grow, child of wolf
Keep holdin' on

When I run through the deep dark forest long after this begun
Where the sun would set, trees were dead and the rivers were none
And I hope for a trace to lead me back home from this place
But there was no sound, there was only me and my disgrace

Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Ya.

Wolf mother, where you been?
You look so worn, so thin
You're a taken, devil's maker
Let me hear you say, hey ya hey ya

Wolf father, at the door
You don't smile anymore
You're a drifter, shapeshifter
Let me see you run, hey ya hey ya

Wayward winds, the voice that sings of a forgotten land
See it fall, child of wolf
Lend a mending hand

When I run through the deep dark forest long after this begun
Where the sun would set, trees were dead and the rivers were none
And I hope for a trace to lead me back home from this place
But there was no sound, there was only me and my disgrace

Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Hey
Hey, Hey-Hey, Hey, Ya.
word count // 997

The wolf pup stumbled forward through the forest, following her mother's scent. "Mommy?" she squeaked, though it was only heard by insects and birds. "Mommy?" the wolf pup squeaked again, slightly louder, but it only had the same result as last time.
Her mother's scent grew slightly stronger. In the distance was a she-wolf lying on her side. The wolf pup saw this and began to break into a run. She was knocked to the ground when a branch she hadn't noticed whipped her in the face, knocking her over. The wolf pup slowly got up once more and continued to run, though it was more like stumbling, towards the she-wolf.
She could smell the she-wolf better now. "Mommy!" The wolf pup arrived at her mother's side, tiny tail wagging. But she smelled something else - her father. She looked up to see the dark gray wolf which was her father. "Daddy," the pup said, with slightly less happiness than she had addressed her mother with.
"Quinn," the pup's mother coughed. The wolf pup, named Quinn, noticed that she could see her mother's ribs because of the starvation over hunting and deforestation had caused. Her mother was a pretty she-wolf with green eyes and a sleek gray pelt. But her pelt was no longer sleek like it used to be. There was a gash in her chest and multiple scratches scattered about on her.
"Yes?" Quinn squeaked.
Quinn's father looked on with a straight face. He had a dark stain on his paws; something that looked recent. Very recent. He also had multiple scratches scattered about on him. Quinn's father twitched his ear when her mother began to speak again.
"Your father," Quinn's mother coughed quietly, "is a traitor. A werewolf. Part human." Her mother licked at the wound on her chest before continuing. "He did this. Run away." She added the last part in almost a whisper.
Quinn's father's ears perked up. "What did you just say, Kamilla?" he growled, yellow eyes shining in the dim light. "That I am evil just because I am a werewolf?" He turned to Quinn. "I am a wolf, just like you. Don't let your mother's stories fill you mind. She was attacked by a young leopard, and I chased the leopard off."
A wolf leapt through the ferns. "I've seen you, Xavier. You're a human." He spat the last word and glanced at Kamilla and Quinn. "My name is Vulk. I was spying on Xavier, and my suspicions are true." Vulk turned his gaze back to Quinn's father. "Now you, you have to confess or fight."
"You'd never understand," Xavier barked. He reared around and began to lope through the forest, tail slightly billowing behind him. "It's hard, being like this," Xavier shouted, sounding half human. Hearing Xavier leave, Vulk turned and stalked away.
Quinn looked at Kamilla. "Mommy? Is Daddy gone forever?" she woofed softly. She curled up next to her mother and looked up at her, dragging her mother's fluffy tail closer to her so she could be warmer.
"Yes. And I will be soon." Quinn's mother sighed sadly, as if remembering something saddening. Kamilla coughed. "Quinn, I will die and join the Heavens soon. You must survive alone. I know you'll be perfect. I'm so sorry, my little puppy." Kamilla licked Quinn's head, which wasn't fuzzy and soft as it had been when she had been a young wolf pup. "Now sleep. We have long days ahead of us."
Quinn opened her yellow eyes when the sun first began to appear on the horizon. She stood up, shaking some grass and leaves off of her, and looked at her mother. "Mommy? Mommy!" Realization hit Quinn like a tree falling on her when her mother didn't stir. Kamilla had died overnight. Quinn grieved, but knew she would have to reply on herself for the rest of her years.

Quinn, an adult now, prowled the forest she had grown up in. She watched the village that she lived near. Humans were chattering and moving around, and Quinn did not understand almost anything they did. Nonetheless, she still enjoyed watching them.
She noticed a very young male human exit the village, looking nervous. The male human walked behind a tree, and when Quinn expected a male human to come out the other side, but instead she saw a dark gray wolf. Her father. "Xavier," she growled, turning around and walking away.
Xavier her his name and looked Quinn's way. "Quinn! You're alive!" he yipped, trotting up to his daughter. He seemed different now, happier.
"I don't care about you. You never did anything to help me survive. Go away, Xavier. I refuse to even call you father, you coward." Quinn began to run, trying to outrun her father.
"Quinn! I'm so sorry, you don't know what it's like, being like this. It's horrible. It's my fault, all my fault!" Quinn saw a tear or two roll down Xavier's cheek.
"You're right, I don't. But it is all your fault, it's why I'm even standing here. It's all your fault, the werewolf's fault. Now go away."
Xavier looked extremely sad, crestfallen. He began to cry. "I'm sorry, so sorry." The werewolf had stopped following his daughter. "I'm so sorry you imagine me as evil, Quinn," he woofed.

Quinn looked at the stars, hoping to see her mother. Please be out there, mother. I want to see you once more. She sighed, but then she saw the faintest twinkle, and she connected the stars to make a constellation that resembled a wolf. Mother. No father, no werewolf, just mother. Beautiful, perfect mother, willing to die for me.
Quinn knew what to do. She would finish off what her mother wanted. Her mother had wanted Quinn to survive and be perfect, and that's what Quinn would do, being part werewolf or not.

Author's note - Almost did 'Bleeding out'.
Last edited by montmorency on Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:23 am, edited 8 times in total.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

iv

Postby montmorency » Sat May 30, 2015 5:46 pm

20 random things challenge
"ωнαт нαρρєηє∂?"
Fantasy

word count // 814

Torben spread his pale brown wings, scales shining slightly in the moonlight that shone through the trees. He began to glide through the forest, which he had never been in before. Strange noises filled the air, and he often found himself wondering 'what's that?'
Torben was a thin, long-legged, pale brown dragon with uncommon purple eyes. He had a scar on his right wing, which was only a jagged tear at the bottom of it. It did not cause any trouble while flying. Torben also had a few scars like he had been clawed on the left side of his neck and a scar close to his left eye. The end of his tail was shaped like an arrowhead. He had a slight, darker brown ridge along his spine and part of his tail. His talons were sharp and ivory colored.
He had to get to the other side of the forest without flying over it as a dare from his friend, Alamos. Alamos, why this? Torben slightly lashed his tail in annoyance. It was uncommon a dragon would enter this forest and come out alive. Would Torben be one that doesn't come out?
A howl aroused Torben from his thoughts. He recognized it as a forest drake, something he had learned about in legends and stories. They were easy to defeat when it was just one forest drake, but in groups they were vicious and murderous. He then heard chattering. The unmistakable, low-pitch, chattering of forest drakes.
Torben began to run. He leapt over a fallen tree and began to pick up speed. But the chattering just became louder. Torben reared up and turned around, spreading his wings to full wingspan and roaring at the forest drakes. The forest drakes didn't seem to care. They continued to rush at Torben and attack, and he gave way to blackness.

Torben's purple eyes opened. He glanced around. Why was he in a hut? Why was there a gray dragon over there? He sat up. "Who are you?" Torben growled.
The gray dragon turned around. "Oh, you're awake! I'm Zara, you?" She smiled. The gray dragon, Zara, had white and green scales scattered about oh her. Her eyes were reddish-orange and half of one of her right ear was missing. Her talons where light gray in color and they looked jagged. Zara also had a few scars. Two noticeable ones were on her left hind leg and on her lighter gray neck.
"Torben. Why am I here? What happened?" Torben glanced around. The hut was much larger than he would imagine for a hut for one dragon. There were potion bottles, animal skin decorations, and more scattered around. What was this? "And what is this place?" the pale brown dragon added.
"This is my home! You're here because I saved you from getting eaten by forest drakes, idiot! You almost got killed is what happened," Zara replied. "I make potions and sell them every once in a while. I'm safe because I know the ways of the forest. You're lucky I save you, you know. Normally everyone dies before I find them. Those forest drakes know not to attack me..." Zara chuckled slightly and pointed at a yellowish potion for a second. "That thing can melt them and nothing else. It only melts drakes. Anyways, why are you here?"
"A dare." Torben yawned. "My friend Alamos dared me to get to the other side of the forest without flying over it. I was stupid to enter." Then Torben realized he had bandages and poultices and more. Zara must've been trying to heal him.
"Your friend was the stupid one. They should know it's rare for someone to come out of this forest." Zara began putting ingredients for a potion in a large, black cauldron. "I need to travel to sell some of this soon. Want to come? You'll probably be fixed up pretty well by then." She began to mix the potion.
"Sure..," Torben responded, sitting up, "Why not." Kind of want to leave now, oh well. I could make a sensible friend for once. Torben laughed slightly and stretched his wings. "Can I exit and explore for a bit?"
"Sure, just splash these on your talons." Zara grabbed a few potions and gave them to Torben. "The yellowish one is to deter the forest drakes. The blue one is to make sure you always know where this place is, but make sure to splash it when you're at the entrance to my hut before you leave..." Zara continued to list what the potions did.
Torben picked up the potions and splashed them on his ivory-colored talons when he was at the entrance to Zara's hut. He spread his wings and took off, flying up until he reached open skies and the trees were below him. Torben closed his purple eyes and glided through the sky.

Author's note -
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

v

Postby montmorency » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:56 pm

captain's challenge
тσявєη'ѕ נσυяηєу ¢υт ѕнσят
Alternate ending

word count // 744

"Your friend was the stupid one. They should know it's rare for someone to come out of this forest." Zara began putting ingredients for a potion in a large, black cauldron. "I need to travel to sell some of this soon. Want to come? You'll probably be fixed up pretty well by then." She began to mix the potion.
Torben thought for a second. "No thanks. I think I'll leave now. I don't need any potions. I'll avoid the forest drakes anyways, this time." He stood up, shaking the stiffness out of his legs. "But thank you, Zara," he said.
"Here, at least take this so you won't fall asleep for a while," Zara suggested, swishing her gray tail slightly on the floor of her hut. She picked a purpleish potion off of one of her wooden shelves, handing it to the pale brown dragon. Once Torben took it she returned to her cauldron. "Don't get killed this time. I won't be there to rescue you this time." Zara sighed, pouring water into the black cauldron.
Torben watched Zara pour the clear liquid into her cauldron. "I won't die. I promise." He smiled. He looked at the door. "I suppose I'll get going. Thank you, and bye!" Torben walked towards the door, and once he exited he gulped down the potion and left the glass bottle next to the door of the hut.
He heard Zara humming inside of her hut. Torben spread his wings to their full wingspan again, wishing he could finish the dare while flying. Oh well. He tucked in his sandy colored wings once more and walked away from Zara's hut.
Toben decided he would follow the path-like trail, where plants other than grass didn't seem to tend to grow. He began trekking along the trail.
He pounced on top of an unsuspecting paca, devouring it quickly. He roared at a harpy eagle that was eyeing his prey, and the harpy eagle flew off back into the green trees. Torben licked the blood off of his mouth and continued on.
Torben shook a dark green leaf off his back. How big was this forest? He hadn't imagined it was that large, and it didn't seem Alamos had either. "Stupid Alamos," Torben muttered, attracting attention of a wandering ocelot. "Shoo," he said, walking a step or two towards the small wild cat. The ocelot dashed off, disappearing behind a tree trunk.
Torben continued onward through the forest. The forest had begun to get denser as he trekked forward, but that did not discourage Torben. He was ready for any fight any forest creatures were going to create.
As if on cue, a jaguar stalked onto Torben's path. "Go away," Torben growled, flaring his wings to look more intimidating to the jaguar. "Now, or you will get the fight of your life." Torben knew the jaguar could understand him, but she could not respond. It was like owning a pet, where you could talk to it but it would not and could not respond to what you say.
The jaguar continued to stand in Torben's path. It let out a roar, as if saying, "You go away." She walked forward, unsheathing her sharp claws and lashing her spotted tail. The jaguar flattened her ears. She swiped at Torben, clawing his snout.
"That's it!" Torben roared, rearing up and clawing blindly at the big cat. He had managed only to claw one of her ears and her chin. Torben felt his belly get bitten into and he rolled over, shaking the jaguar off. He flapped his pale brown wings and landed on top of the jaguar, pinning her to the ground. "Leave me alone, or die," he growled, releasing the jaguar from his strong grip. The jaguar dashed off.
Torben resumed walking through the forest, hoping to find the exit soon. The trees had seemed to slightly thin out, which Torben figured that might be a good sign. Suddenly he saw light through the trees and plants. A clearing! It was the exit of the forest! Torben broke into a run, not hearing the unmistakable chattering of forest drakes.
He burst into the clearing, but only to be dragged backwards and back into the trees. Then he realized it was forest drakes. They were chattering loudly. Torben roared, but knew that wouldn't scare the forest drakes off. It was hopeless. Torben fought, but gave way to the dizzying blackness once and for all.

Author's note -
Last edited by montmorency on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vi

Postby montmorency » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:36 am

song challenge
тнє ѕρє¢ιαℓ ѕкυℓк-ƒσχ
Inspired by Animal Collective's 'Little Fang'

'Little Fang' wrote:You’re something special
Want you to know you are
Your makers must have kissed in cosmic dust
You’re something special
You’ve got to know its true
Could have been anything, but right, you're you
You’re something special
You’ve got to shout it out
If there are doubts then we will groove it out
You’re something special
You are the little fang
You keep on grinning
And this world keeps nagging
(Little fang, little fang, little fang)

And if ever starts to feel bad little fang
It’s easy to explain 'cuz this world’s not tame
(Little fang, little fang, little fang
And if it ever starts to feel sad little fang
Remember that your gifts are your gain
And if it ever starts to pour down little fang
The melody sings what the words can't say
But they might laugh and they might be scared
Of the wilder thing with the spikes in her hair
With the spikes in her hair
With the spikes in her hair

I don't mind the dark

Hey Mrs. creepy head
Hey Mr. fuzzy face
Go gnash your teeth again
You’re in the right place

You’re something special
Full moon you'll have no doubt
Just let the astral music root you out
You’re something special
Don’t hide your wolven fangs
You keep on creepin', let the night be scary
You’re something special
We all will sing your name
Embrace your darkness never be ashamed
You’re something special
To be a little fang
You keep on spinning
And this world keeps nag, nag, nagging

You’re always flashing them the tooth
word count // 868

Little Fang woke up, reddish fur slightly shining in the morning sunlight. He let his fluffy tail drag on the ground as he exited his den.
"Good morning, Little Fang!" Quick Breeze said to the other fox, smiling and walking to the exit of the camp. The camp was part of a valley, where many red foxes and gray foxes lived. They just called themselves a skulk. Nothing special.
"Morning, Quick Breeze," Little Fang grunted, grumpy as usual. Little Fang always seemed to be grumpy, and he wasn't loved by anyone other than his mother due to his mood. He seemed to just hate himself. He often tried to be cheerful, but he didn't have much to be happy about and it was unsuccessful.
A small rock next to Little Fang suddenly flipped over, but nobody took notice of it. The area was quite rocky anyways, due to the fact it was surrounded by some mountains, that a rock slightly moving would go easily unnoticed.
Little Fang noticed a toad that had entered the camp. What toad was fur-brained enough to enter a camp full of possible predators? Little Fang pounced, but the toad had barely escaped and it swiftly hopped away. The red fox cursed under his breath and another rock flipped over behind him.
"Little Fang, it's time for you to come to the Moon Tooth!" A familiar bark sounded behind Little Fang, and he turned around. His mother, Bright Sun, was going to take him to the Moon Tooth for Little Fang's final assessment to become a true member of the skulk. The Moon Tooth was a fang-like shaped rock that gleamed white in sunlight. "Let's go. The moon is almost directly ahead in the sky."
"Alright," Little Fang replied, following his mother in a brisk trot. The foxes were nocturnal and were awake usually at night, unless something awoke them in the daytime. They didn't mind going to the Moon Tooth at night, when it didn't glow.
Once Bright Sun and Little Fang arrived at the Moon Stone, Bright Sun stopped and sat down, five steps from the Moon Tooth. "Little Fang, my only son, it is your destiny to either become a the skulk-fox, or become a lone fox. Only the Moon Spirits can decide your true destiny of becoming either, and it has been that way for many years. Now you must touch your front paws to the Moon Tooth to speak to the Moon Spirits to find out your future of being a lone fox or part of the skulk," she barked, reciting the ancient ritual.
Little Fang reared up and pressed his forepaws to the cold, gray stone. Suddenly the valley disappeared and he was standing in a grassy meadow. Foxes began appearing, and Little Fang noticed they were slightly transparent. He decided they were Moon Spirits, which were the spirits of deceased foxes that had been born into the skulk. One large gray fox walked towards Little Fang and began to speak.
"We have been thinking," he began, "and we have decided you are destined to live in the skulk along with the other gray foxes and red foxes in it. You shall hunt and protect them, even if that means you shall become a Moon Spirit like us." He turned his gaze towards a red fox Moon Spirit, and the red fox Moon Spirit walked up to Little Fang, standing next to the other Moon Spirit that had spoken.
"And we discovered something else, Little Fang. You have the power only one red fox and one gray fox receive each decade. You have the power of telekinesis. Use it wisely, or you may receive punishments. You have had this power since you were born. The only other fox, the special gray fox, that has the power of telekinesis is yet to be born this decade," she said.
"Now, young fox, follow your destiny and become one of the skulk-foxes," the large gray fox Moon Spirit finished. Everything disappeared and Little Fang was back in the valley, leaning on the Moon Tooth. He moved backwards and stood on all fours again.
"What have the Moon Spirits chosen?" Bright Sun asked eagerly, loping up to her son and licking his ear. She stepped backward to let Little Fang speak.
"I-I'm destined to stay in the skulk and be a skulk-fox... And I am the red fox with the power of telekinesis this decade," he responded. Little Fang had always felt like there was something behind why he was so unhappy all the time. He had needed to discover the fact he had power! He had never felt so ecstatic in his life before.
Bright Sun gasped, slightly leaping into the air with joy. Her spiky fur fluffed up against the sudden wind. "The whole skulk must know! This is one of the best things to happen this year! Let's go, my special son." Bright Sun smiled and lead Little Fang back to the camp, where they rejoiced and sang his name.
Decades later, Little Fang was still remember as the greatest telekinesis fox in the skulk, as he had stopped wars with the wolves and brought peace to the skulk.

Author's note - A skulk is what you call a group of foxes. And this takes place in modern Yellowstone National Park.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vii

Postby montmorency » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:50 am

song challenge
σηє мємσяу
Inspired by Regina Spektor's 'Eet'

'Eet' wrote:It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song
You can't believe it
You were always singing along
It was so easy and the words so sweet
You can't remember
You try to feel the beat

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, eet, eet, eet
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, eet, eet, eet

You spent half of your life trying to fall behind
You're using your headphones to drown out your mind
It was so easy, and the words so sweet
You can't remember
You try to move your feet
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, eet, eet, eet
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, eet, eet, eet

Someone's deciding whether or not to steal
He opens the window just to feel the chill
He hears that outside a small boy just starting to cry
'Cause it's his turn but his brother won't let him try

It's like forgetting the words to your favorite song
You can't believe it
You were always singing along
You can't remember
You try to move your feet

You can't remember, you try to feel the beat
word count // 878

Hello. My name is Sarah. I have amnesia, and before I forget everything I have chosen to write my life down on paper. Just so I can remember some of the milestones in my life, good or bad. Anyways, my life is extremely boring, and nothing very special has happened. Just this one event that I do not want to forget... Now, I should begin.
---

I opened the window of my room, letting the cold air in. The house always seemed to be so warm. It never was to my parents, so I supposed it just felt like that to me. I began to walk away.
I heard talking outside, so I returned to my window. The village, though it was really a hamlet, I grew up in was so quiet and small, so being able to hear talking outside was uncommon. Lots of the time kids and adults were just in the fields, helping the farmers out. We had two farms, and because there wasn't too much to do we often helped the farmers and in return we got to play with their dogs or cats, whatever they might have had on the farm. Maybe a little bit of the profit the farmers earned. It was quite fun, but it was never heard when we were in the town.
I leaned over slightly and looked down. The hamlet was kind of a circle, being such a tiny one, that all the houses pretty much surrounded the center of town, where the well and two of our shops were. Two boys were talking. One was a young boy who was crying, and the other was an older boy. I thought the older was the crying boy's brother, because he looked too young to be a father and he looked somewhat like the crying boy.
The crying boy was someone I remembered working with on farmer Dimmiss' field one day. His name was Jonathan. "I don't want to steal! It's awful, Joey!" the young boy sniffled, looking at his older brother. The older brother's name must have been Joey, I decided.
"C'mon! We can't get much money anyways. We only get money from farmers and father's job at the blacksmith by the forest. These houses are small, and people aren't usually home! They're jobs are just really far away," Joey told Jonathan. They were talking in whispers, but I could hear them. And besides, my house was only one story. So the window in my small room was near the two boys.
"B-but I don't want to! Stealing is bad! It's a crime! We could be put in the jail in the town that's over in the West..."
After hearing them talk for a few seconds, I finally realized that they were going to steal from someone. I rushed out the door, my light blue dress slightly dragging in the grass and on the stone of the road-like part of the center of the town. "What are you two doing, stealing from people! Now we know who stole poor old Mrs. Smith's pots, blankets, and a few other items! I can tell Jonathan probably hasn't done it yet... But Joey, why? I see you've probably stolen already."
"Well... We steal them to sell them over in the town in the West! It gives us money, so one day we can move to the town in the West, where we can have even better lives! Plus, this little village is always so boring. Wouldn't you steal to move there?" Joey said. Neither he or me were talking in whispers anymore, but nobody was really home anyways.
"But what if this village became a town one day? Then stealing would be useless. Why does it suddenly matter now?" Jonathan piped up, wiping a tear away with his sleeve.
Joey sighed, looking at his brother and then back at me. "Fine. I'm sure you'd report us..," his voice trailed off. "We should get home. Let's go, Jonathan." Together both boys turned around, but before Jonathan turned around he asked me a question.
"You're nice. What's your name?" he had asked. And then he turned around, but I knew he'd still be able to hear my reply.
"Sarah," I called, watching Jonathan and Joey leave. They lived in the slightly bigger house, and that one had it's own well by the door of it. It seemed more expensive than my house, but it wasn't by much. They probably got the well with the money from the stolen items they sold. The well was recent anyways, and it came after Mrs. Smith's items were stolen.
I sighed and went to the kitchen to wash the dishes, like my mother and father often told me to do. At least I had stopped someone from being a thief. I had stopped someone from harming someone, like they had done with Mrs. Smith.
---

That is my most cherished memory, the fact I saved someone from getting hurt. It's nothing special, but in this world it happens so often. At least I had made it slightly less often, even if it was just one person. My life is boring anyways. This is one of the only special memories I have, and I do not want to ever forget.

Author's note - This happened in somewhere around the 1680s or somewhere around that.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

viii

Postby montmorency » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:43 pm

20 random things challenge
мιѕтвℓαzє'ѕ єαgℓє
A fanfiction of Warriors

word count // 525

Mistblaze twitched in his sleep, slightly kicking in his nest. The only thing he could see in his dark dream was a thick wing, and it slowly got closer. Before Mistblaze was hit by the dream-wing, he woke up.
Oh! It was the gathering with MoonClan this night. That's why I hear pawsteps! I'll go see what it was about. Mistblaze stood up and stretched his wings. Only SunClan and MoonClan cats had wings, and their floating island was very much hidden from the four normal Clans.
He plodded out of the warrior's den. "How was the gathering?" Mistblaze meowed, shaking off his dream. "Good, hopefully?" He licked a forepaw, listening for a reply from one of his Clanmates.
"It didn't go too well." Willowstar glanced at her deputy, Cardinalflight, before continuing. "MoonClan threatened to start a war. And they almost got away with it! They say since there is only one Star Hollow, there should only be one Clan up here. And since it is MoonClan they think they're closer to StarClan." The SunClan leader growled slightly and quietly.
Mistblaze put his forepaw he had been cleaning on the ground. "What? How could they?" he hissed, careful to not let Willowstar hear. In a louder voice, he added, "That's awful." Many cats nodded in agreement.
"Let's get to sleep. We'll need it in case MoonClan launches an attack," Willowstar meowed, padding to her den above the Meeting Rock. She flew up to her nest.
Mistblaze turned around and flew to the warriors den. Hopefully they don't. He settled in his nest, curling his tail around himself. Soon it would be leaf-fall, and then it would be much colder. The light gray tom listened to the faint calls of eagles. A full grown eagle could easily carry a cat off, so they tended to stay away from the area where the eagles were most common.
"Mistblaze! Wake up! Battle!" Sageclaw cried, poking Mistblaze with a sharp claw. Mistblaze opened his blue eyes and bolted to the entrance of camp. He spread his dragon-like wings and flew to the battle, landing next to Shinetail. He and Shinetail attacked enemies as a team, even though neither had stated they were.
"Watch out!" Shinetail yowled. Mistblaze turned around and clawed at a MoonClan cat, accidentally clawing the MoonClan cat on his eyes. The brown MoonClan cat stumbled backwards and turned tail, running into and fighting another SunClan cat.
A brown MoonClan cat leapt at Mistblaze, but he felt something digging into his back, lifting him up and making him avoid the brown she-cat. Then Mistblaze realized. They weren't claws, they were talons. He hadn't realized they were battling in the area where eagles and hawks were found so commonly! Mistblaze struggled hopelessly, but then the eagle called into the night.
"Mist in the night shall make things right." Mistblaze gasped. He could understand the eagle! It called again, but this time he couldn't understand it. The eagle continued to fly higher until the battle became small. Mistblaze struggled, but the eagle was about to land in it's nest.
But this wasn't the end. It was only the beginning.

Author's note - It's short, sorry!
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ix

Postby montmorency » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:05 am

CS pet challenge
єℓємєηт ωαя
War

word count // 886

Luri watched as clouds drifted past. The five element pup pets lived on floating islands, along with some other pets. Darkness, fire, lightning, air, and water. Those were the five element pups. Luri was lightning, Sonyxa was water, Laika was air, Red was fire, and Tivo was darkness.
Suddenly, Luri felt weight on his back, and he was rolled over and pinned down. He looked up to see the face of Tivo. It was dark, as if a thick shadow was cast over Luri. He figured it was Tivo using his element of darkness.
"Why are you here? How did you get in?" Luri demanded before Tivo could speak. Luri opened his mouth and shot out a bolt of electricity, making Tivo fall backwards. Luri stood back up, glaring at the darkness pup.
"I made it dark - blinding dark - and sneaked past your guards. Then I used the element of surprise to attack you!" Tivo replied. He shook a few shadows off of himself.
Luri snorted. He launched himself at Tivo, pinning him to the slightly charred grass. Luri opened his glowing mouth, charging a bolt that would knock Tivo out. None of the element pups would kill another, but they would certainly battle.
Then Luri felt himself being knocked over once again, and he looked up at Sonyxa. "Go away," Luri grunted, lashing his tail. He opened his mouth again to shoot a bolt of electricity, but Sonyxa quickly shut his mouth.
Tivo stood up and shook grass off of him. He launched himself into the air and leapt over Sonyxa and Luri, casting blinding darkness around them. Tivo landed on the other side of the water element pup and the electricity element pup. "How do you all like the darkness? Nice, isn't it?" Tivo laughed. He was the only one who could see through the darkness like it was clear as sunlight, but he could turn that off to check if he had darkened something correctly.
"Not at all, Tivo," Sonyxa growled, trying to find Luri or Tivo in the darkness. But she couldn't, because Tivo's darkness was supposed to make it so someone couldn't see at all.

Laika stared at Red. She knew Tivo, Sonyxa, and Luri were fighting, and decided to make it a group battle. She didn't know why, but it seemed to make sense. Laika jumped onto the rock in front of her. "Hey, fire-face! Wanna challenge me? Because I'm ready for it!"
Red looked at Laika, and Laika began to run. Red followed her. "Come back here, airhead!" he hissed. His tail was still on fire from earlier, but that didn't bother him in the slightest. If anything, he thought it was helpful at the moment. He could hit Laika with his tail and burn her fur and feathers. "Can't escape me!"
Laika rolled her eyes and turned sharply, narrowly avoiding running into a smoldering boulder. She noticed Red was falling behind, and she pushed him with a little wind into the boulder. It didn't do anything to Red, but Laika slightly laughed.
The two approached Luri's territory. "Perfect," they both muttered. Laika knew the other three element pups were there, but Red only knew Luri would be there. And Red loved fights, so it delighted him that Laika had led him here.
Laika turned the corner to reveal to Red the other three element pups. "Fight away, Red," she muttered, leading the fire element pup to them.
Because Tivo had not targeted Laika with darkness, she was able to pin him to the ground. She sensed darkness being cast over her, but she slammed a strong gust of wind onto Tivo and leap off of him.
Sonyxa had abandoned Luri and was sending a wave onto Red. The fire on his tail sizzled and disappeared while he was underwater. It felt slightly like scales were being torn from his body. Red was the fire element, not water! He surrounded Sonyxa with a ring of fire, and made it slightly burn her.
Luri looked on sadly. He was seemingly the only element pup that hated battle. He watched Red attack Sonyxa, and Tivo attack Laika. Sonyxa was driving Red to the edge of the floating island. "Stop!" Luri howled, but none of the four other element pups seemed to notice.
Red was hanging onto the edge of one of Luri's floating islands. "Help!" he yelped, glancing down. "I'll die!" Red hung onto the slightly charred grass and dirt only with his red forepaws. He heard Sonyxa slightly laugh, but she quickly stopped herself.
"We vowed not to kill each other! Look what you've done, Sonyxa!" Luri growled, rushing forward. A gust of wind stopped him and Laika was in front of Luri in a flash.
"I'm the one that can walk on air, not you, Red." Laika walked towards Red and got under him, pushing Red onto Luri's main island. "Better, fire-face?" Red didn't reply.
"We need to stop battling. Red could've gotten killed!" Luri looked at the other four element pups. "Okay? Verbal arguments are fine, I guess. But no physical arguments anymore! All five of us are needed by someone, and we should stay alive." The others nodded.
"Now lets go home," Sonyxa said, turning around. The other four turned around too and headed to their islands.

Author's note -
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me