|Northridge| ~ Home to the Unimaginable

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Postby CowsRkool » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 am

Located in the heart of the Old Blackthorn Forest, Northridge is home to the most exclusive university in the entire world: Blackthorn University. Despite such a prestigious school (or perhaps because of it), this small town has only a population of less than 200 people, not all of whom are actually people....

Index
I. Old Blackthorn Forest
II. Northridge
III. Blackthorn Forest University
IV. The Races

Feel free to post. This is still a work in progress, but eventually (hopefully), everything will be all set. I'm hoping to start a story here too, so keep a lookout.

All dividers taken from this site: http://www.glitter-graphics.com/
Last edited by CowsRkool on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I. Old Blackthorn Forest

Postby CowsRkool » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:46 am

Old Blackthorn Forest

Situated in southern Russia, Old Blackthorn Forest is small, covering less than a dozen acres before joining with the other forests in the area. It is also home to an abundance of wildlife, some that have never even been seen in any other part of Russia. The rare few who have gone near enough to see it and survived tell extraordinary tales of tropical birds flitting through the trees, enormous beasts stalking beneath the shadows, and brilliantly colored flowers beckoning from the forest floor, but not many have dared to even go near Blackthorn Forest.
Visit any of the local villages and you will hear whispers of the curse that seems to surround the forest. Very few have visited Blackthorn and returned. It is said that a thick fog protects the woods and its inhabitants and deters travelers from unintentionally setting foot in the forest. Some consider it a sacred place, protected by ancient gods that have been long forgotten about, while others refer to it as a dwelling ground for evil. Either way, it is a place to be feared by those who do not understand.
Last edited by CowsRkool on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

II. Northridge

Postby CowsRkool » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:47 am

Northridge

A small, cozy town in the center of Old Blackthorn Forest, Northridge is a nice neighborhood. Beautiful exotic flowers bloom and flourish in its one main greenhouse (WIP)
Last edited by CowsRkool on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

III. Blackthorn University

Postby CowsRkool » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:51 am

Blackthorn Forest University

BFU is perhaps the most exclusive school in the world. Those who wish to attend must be personally invited with a letter from (WIP)
Last edited by CowsRkool on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

IV. The Races

Postby CowsRkool » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:52 am

The Races
(WIP)
Almost every single race is represented in Northridge and the surrounding Blackthorn Forest, even, just recently, humans. Røukkers prowl the depths of the forest's ponds and lakes, preying on any humans that wander too close. Djinn set alight bonfires for festivals and parties in the town. Shades haunt the woods to scare (rather unintentionally) innocent passing bystanders. Faeries nurture the beautiful exotic plants that grow haphazardly around Blackthorn and plant colorful gardens in Northridge and around BFU.

A list of the races and an in-depth description of each can be found here:
    - Djinn
    - Faeries
    - Røukkers [x]
    - Seraphs
    - Shades
Last edited by CowsRkool on Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Røukkers

Postby CowsRkool » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:49 pm

A deadly and dangerous race, the Røukker are shapeshifters. They have two main forms (human and horse) and are often found lurking under the surfaces of lakes and swampy ponds and prowling the bottoms of rivers, searching for their favorite food: humans, the younger the better.
A Røukker has excellent eyesight in the water, but as soon as their heads come out of the water, their vision is blurred. This is why attacks usually occur near the water or during torrential downpours. For Røukker, having to look through water in order to see things clearly is quite similar to a near- or farsighted human's need to wear glasses.
Although they can roam far and wide both in and out of the water, Røukkers always return to their dens, located at the deepest point of their favorite water source, often a small lake or a pond. Most dens are either dug into the bottom of the pond or situated in a recessed portion of the sides of the lake.
Both genders can take on the form of ponies and young horses, but a Røukker's human form depends on whether or not it is male or female. Males often take on the form of handsome young men, in order to trick young women into following them back to the location of their dens. Once there, they reveal their true form and drag their prey under the surface of the water, essentially drowning them before feeding. Females take on the opposite form: a beautiful young woman, oftentimes wearing a long white dress. She persuades her prey to go for a swim with her in the lake and, once they are far from shore, she changes back into a Røukker and drags the poor soul deep down into the water, drowning her prey just as males drown theirs.
Not much is known of what Røukkers truly look like. Of course, there are the human legends to work with. Kelpies, nøkkens, water horses; all are based off of the Røukker. Unfortunately, their appearances are not all alike. Most non-human accounts say that a Røukker's skin is a pale bluish-green, covered with scars but as smooth as dolphin's skin when it's not. Several have been described as having straggly, pale white hair, while others argue that the color is black, not white. Still more say that it differs with each individual; they say that the color of the hair reflects the color of the waters surrounding their den. What's known for sure is that they are dangerous and to be stayed away from.

List of Known Røukker:
Last edited by CowsRkool on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lucas

Postby CowsRkool » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 pm

LUCAS

"All Røukker rules were written by the Ancients for a reason. I have never questioned those reasons, nor will I ever disobey their rules."

Name: Lucas
Date of Birth: Known only to a few, but everyone knows his birthday is on the 23rd of March.
Race: Røukker
    Human Form: A young man, in his late teens, standing at 5' 10'', with long, straight bluish-black hair that reaches at the front down to his past his eyes and at the back to slightly pass his shoulders. He has sea green eyes with shots of dark green and murky black through the iris. He often wears a straight leg, creased, black trouser and a freshly pressed white dress shirt with the first one or two buttons undone. Occasionally, he looks as though he has just been swimming, with his hair and clothing plastered to his skin and dripping with water.
    Equine Form: A young, blue roan foal with a pale blue face marking and several dark spots.
Theme Song: (None yet)
Personality: Born in 16th century England, Lucas is the model of a British gentleman. However, he is a bit of a chauvinist (it comes from eating young girls for dinner), a fact that often annoy many of his female acquaintances, especially Elizabeth. He's also very strict with rules, as he's lived with them for his entire life. He loves listening to the classics; that is, classical music. Walk by his lake on any given day and one can hear faint strains of Mozart or Bach. Despite the negative association with Røukkers, Lucas has still managed to find some friends outside of his race. Most of them around his age, however, so they are in no danger of being eaten, but some still need to be careful around him, especially with their little siblings.
Favorite Song: Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major [x]

BFU Alumnus

Art:

Human Form:
(None yet)

Equine Form:
By Lihmeth - [x]

Other:
(None yet)
CowsRkool

My pets
My items