~A howl on the wind~(Wolf story)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

~A howl on the wind~(Wolf story)

Postby c a l a m i t y » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:03 am

~A Howl On The Wind~

Charries in the story:

I = Lucy Charles
Mum = Emma Charles
Dad = Chris Charles
Sister = Ellie Charles
Wolf pack = Frost Pack

Wolf Talk:

✘ Submissive ✘

✘. Ears pulled back + Whining + Tail low - I'm sorry! Please forgive me!
✘. Ears pulled back + Whimpering + Tail tucked + Looking away or on ground - I mean no harm
✘. Ears flat against head + Arched back + Tail tucked + Whining - Fear
✘. Ears flat against head + Arched back + Tail tucked + Lick Alpha’s chin - You are my Alpha
✘. Ears flat against head + Roll on back exposing neck/belly + Tail tucked - I give up! You are my alpha or I'm sorry!
✘. Bows head - Respect
✘. Flattens ears against head and whines - Sad/worried/nervous/anxious

☠ Threats ☠

☠. Attacks - Get away from my pack!
☠. Flattens Ears and bares teeth/snarls - I'll kill you!
☠. Lifts Tail - Wanna fight!?
☠. Circles - YOUR DEAD!
☠. Lowers Head - If I ever see your face again, your dead.
☠. Fur Stands On End - Go away and never return
☠. Growl - Back. Up. NOW
☠. Bares Teeth - Leave Now
☠. Lowers head + Snarls - I’m warning you! / Last chance!
☠. Snarls - Get away!
☠. Snarls + Bristles + Bares teeth - Back off!
☠. Lunges - I will attack!
☠. Backs away + Growls - I’ll get you later
☠. Ears back + Tail tucked + growling low - Scared or get away!
☠. Snaps at air – Leave now!
☠. Male crouches in front of female and bares teeth at other male - She’s mine

❤ Love ❤

❤. Paws Tail - Your my soulmate
❤. Licks between eyes - You know I love you so much
❤. Licks chin - I like you
❤. Licks cheek - You’re cute
❤. Licks nose and gazes into eyes = You are the love of my life
❤. Licks ear - Will you be my mate?
❤. Licks nose - Love Forever
❤. Licks neck - We belong together
❤. Licks back - Stay with me
❤. Nuzzles chest: I want to mate
❤. Licks paw - I'm sorry/Don't go
❤. Lick constantly - Grooming /I love you so much
❤. Rubs tail under chin - Flirty
❤. Rubs body against - You are mine now
❤. Lick forehead + face - I need you forever
❤. Nip neck + lick shoulder - I need you now
❤. Lick on the belly - I'm ready for pups or I want pups
❤. Nuzzle - Comfort
❤. Twine tails - Be mine
❤. Lays head on back - Don't forget that you are mine
❤. Look into each others’ eyes - I think I’m falling for you
❤. Put/presses muzzle on muzzle - Kiss
❤. Nose to Nose - You are the one.
❤. Nose To Forehead - I respect and love you, friend.
❤. Nose To Cheek - You are such a cutie.
❤. Nose To Stomach - It’s okay, it’s just a kick to mate, it also means hey guys! to the pups.
❤. Nose To Neck - Protect me.
❤. Nose To Chest - You have a beautiful soul

▣ Howl Talk ▣

▣. Long Howl:: Come here
▣. Short Howl:: Go away
▣. Medium Loudness Howl:: Is anyone here??
▣. Quiet Howl:: Mating Howl
▣. Loud Howl:: I’m lost!
▣. Medium Sounding Howl:: Hide and seek time!!
▣. Long Loud Howl:: Is anyone here?
▣. Long Quiet Howl:: I think I smell a pack!
▣. Long Medium Sounding Howl:: Calling to the pack
▣. Short Quiet Howl:: I’m sorry
▣. Short Loud Howl:: Let’s play!!
▣. Yapp:: Playful

回 Puppy Talk 回

回. Nipp:: Play time!
回. Yapp:: Catch me if you can!!
回. Howl:: Wheres mommy?
回. Nuzzle:: Im tired
回. Jump Around:: PLAY PLAY PLAY
回. Prance:: This is fun
回. Nipp Ear:: Where is dad?
回. Nipp Tail:: When can I start to eat meat?
回. Press Paw On Mommy:: Milk please
回. Growls:: Go away!
回. Rolls Over:: SO BORED!!!!!!!!!!
回. Swats:: Leave me alone!

Social-

Lick constantly = Grooming
Lick cheek / Nuzzle = Comfort/Its ok
Tackle + nip anywhere on body = Lets playfight!
Paws face = Your silly
Play bow + bounds away = Cant catch me!
Roll on back = I give up!
Flick ears = Unsure

Other:
Once read please leave a rating out of ten or a critique!Thanks <3.
Last edited by c a l a m i t y on Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:06 am, edited 16 times in total.
c a l a m i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~A howl on the wind~(Wolf story)

Postby c a l a m i t y » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 am

.:Prolouge:.

All I felt was tongue and teeth.Furry bodys surrounded me.I screamed and struggled.All that came out was a deathly howl.

.:Chapter 1:.

A Foul Howl

I was with my mum ,dad and sister.We were driving at night and went past a forest.The trees rustled and the grass shimmied and shook.I felt that not just me and my family were here...It was like a 6th sense...I kept a look out for anything big and unusual.Just before we reached the main road there was a bang at the back of the car.Something had jumped onto it.I turned to see a few snarling wolves scratching at the window.As is screamed the glass smashed.I un-clipped my seat-belt and before I knew it I was being dragged into the woods.

They dragged me deep into the woods.Then lay me on the floor.As I felt a massive wave of power overcome me I saw my hands grow claws...They then outstretched making paws.As I tried to stand I was pulled to the ground by a magical force.As my top ripped I felt my spine shoot out.Grow more even...Just then I fainted...

-_--_--_--_-

As the car screeched to a halt and drifted to the side a bit Emma screamed "What just happened!"
Charles looked back at the passenger seats.Ellie was there but Lucy wasn't."Did you see where Lucy went?"He asked a shivering Ellie.She shook her head.Tears were dripping from her eyes.There was a wet glass shard stuck in her arm."The window just sort of smashed."She said shakily.Charles nodded.They got out the car,got all their things and went towards the wood.

-_--_--_--_-

I had just woken up.I was on the cold forest floor.It was overgrown.As my vision returned I saw wolves crowded around me.I stood up and looked down...paws...there was paws on the ground...not feet!I screamed in shock but instead there was a little whine.
A few males came to comfort me.They licked my face and I backed off a bit.What was happening?!

As I bared my teeth they backed off.I was turning more aggressive at the minute.As I tried to calm myself I saw shreds of my clothes on the floor.My phone!But I don't have hands...It buzzed into life.As I looked at it my mum was calling.I scratched at the screen accepting the call.Then came a "Hello?Lucy are you there?LUCY!"I gave a little yap and it hung up.What was the use...

.:Chapter 2:.

A Matter Of Tooth.

As they entered the land of wolves they shivered.Ellie's arm was bleeding.She didn't care.Family must care for family...As she braved the forest in front of everyone else she turned and went "Shhhhhhh!"She peered through the branches.Then saw a wolf.No a pack of wolves...She had saw a phone on the floor.Ripped clothes.A wolf with similarities of Lucy...

-_--_--_--_-

The crowd split off.Then a path formed.There was a deep voice."I now claim that this lovely lass wolf is the leader of Frost Pack!"He touched his nose to mine.Suddenly everything wolf rushed into my head.I knew everything about them and what they do.Then I felt strong like a leader.As they showed me around I waited for that part.The part you find your home,your bed.I needed a rest.

After I woke a up from long rest.It was meeting time.To get my real crown of leader.We sat in the high rock with the others gathered around.He put his nose to my chest.He said "may this wolf claim the crown of Frost Pack!"All the other ones howled in joy.It seemed that it was just the start of a good life...He asked."Do you take this offer?"I nodded.
"Yes,I do!"

-_--_--_--_-

They set up camp.To watch the wolves.They took Lucy and they had to get her back.If Ellie were to alert the wolves though,they would be dead meat...As they settled into their sleeping bags and dozed off.The fire had fizzled out.The forest was silent.All was going well...

.:Chapter 3:.

Love And Hate

After a few days we went into the nursery.I was expecting pups.As the day and night turned,I became more impatient.A while after they were here.I licked them and my mate ,Heshay, was gazing at them longingly.I let them feed and after a while they all nuzzled into my chest to sleep.

-_--_--_--_-

They had been spying,like hawks.Watching and camping in the forest.Ellie's arm was growing some 'longer than normal' hairs around the glass shard.She had just then yanked it out.She felt more agile.More flexible.More wolf-like...As she looked at the blood covered shard she wondered why the wolves had taken Lucy in the first place.

As night fell again Ellie felt even more wolf-like.She wanted to be free...yes...free.She then ran towards pack territory.Her parents were asleep so they didn't see...She peered through the branches she saw the pack.Howling and playing in the long grass.Some sleeping...then the most strangest idea popped into her head.

-_--_--_--_-

It was a matter of time before I went to sleep too.The memory's of the past few nights flashed in my mind.Over and over.Just then I woke to the sound of feet in long grass.I got up and walked out the den.It was Heshay's turn to look after them.While I was out anyway.I started searching for who or what made those noises.

-_--_--_--_-

Ellie was rushing now.Through the grass towards the wolf.No.Lucy.Towards Lucy.Then she called."Lucy over here!"She didn't care for what would happen next.She anticipated being torn to shreds by wolves.But no...Something different.Extremely different.She closed her eyes and felt herself go on her knees.

.:Chapter 4:.

Animal Instinct

I was in the forest.I was strolling along and then smelt a deer.As my 6th sense goes.I could smell it was weak and old.I snuck up from behind.Then pounced.It bucked,twisted and turned.As I sunk my teeth into its neck i got that taste of blood.I didn't shiver.I just started to drag it back and my mate came to help.When we were back the pack came round the deer.I lifted my tail.It was spiky and bristly.As they backed up we dug in.When full we left the rest there.

That night was good.I fed the pups,Did a bit of washing,myself of course,and that was well it.I fell asleep.Well...mostly.I was kicked a few times.anyway...

.:Chapter 5:.

Once Bitten

When I woke it was a lick to the face.I sat up.Licked my paw and stood up."What do you want?"I asked."We are going into battle with Fang Pack!"He said with great worry."Don't worry..."I said."I will know what to do..."
As the time neared we practiced.We got all the moves perfect.When the time came...we were ready

As we met in the snowy plains,we snarled biting the air and many more threat moves.We readied for the battle.We could do it,I believed in this Pack!
Both packs charged into battle...
Last edited by c a l a m i t y on Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 am, edited 27 times in total.
c a l a m i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby c a l a m i t y » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 am

Ratings/critiques

Critique
(Cadin Araceli wrote this critique when the story was more basic.)
Cadin Araceli
There seems to be a base for the chapters, like a short summary of what happens. But that's it. The chapters are more like paragraphs and there is no really plot, just a string of events. I would suggest going back and expanding on whats happening. Give more detail, give more action, give well...more. If you could expand each chapter to say...5-6 paragraphs (or more), you would have a much fully and much more capturing story. The reader wants to see the struggle and the change from human to wolf and what happens with the rest of the family. Give more to her turning. Give more to her becoming leader. Give more to her past and her pups. And the battle, and hunting the first time, and everything. This gives you the plot. This give you the character development and a full story. It also seems incomplete, and this might be because everything it so short, but it could also be because there is no story arc. There is no conflict-resolution. If you go back and add more, be sure that you include and center the story around one conflict and moving to the resolution. That could be anything from her battling to maintain leadership, or the other wolf packs, or trying to get back to human, or what ever else you can think of. That is up to you. Just make it strong and constant. You wouldn't have to change any of the events, just have to eventually tie it into either the character development that relates to the conflict, or the conflict itself.
I also suggest you look back and read over to fix up the grammatical errors.
Overall, you have a base for a strong, interesting, and compelling story. But just a base. You need more. And I think you can write it out. I'm excited to see what you do with it.

Rating
Supersandygirl
Wow. Love. the. idea. and. the. book.
Its so cute! As I was reading it, I had some thoughts back to when I write little stories! :3
10/10 on that one! You deserve it!
Last edited by c a l a m i t y on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
c a l a m i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby c a l a m i t y » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 am

My other novels...

Last edited by c a l a m i t y on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
c a l a m i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~A howl on the wind~(Wolf story:Book 1)

Postby ѕυρєяѕαη∂уgιяℓ✿ » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Wow. Love. the. idea. and. the. book.

Mr.Book Rater wrote:Its so cute! As I was reading it, I had some thoughts back to when I write little stories! :3

10/10 on that one! You deserve it!
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙
]
{
[
?
!
]
}
!
?
{
[
?
!
]
}
!
?
[
{
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙
˙·٠•●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●•٠·˙
]
{
[
?
!
]
}
!
?
{
[
?
!
]
}
!
?
[
{

ᴵ'ᵐ ѕυρєяѕαη∂уgιяℓ✿ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ᴸᵁᵛ ᵃᶰᶤᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵛᵒᶜᵃˡᵒᶤᵈᶳᵎ ᴵ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰᵉᵈ ᴬ ᴸᴼᵀ ᵒᶠ ᵃᶰᶤᵐᵉ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᶳᵗᶤˡˡ ᵐᵃᶰʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉᶰ'ᵗ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰᵉᵈ ᶳᵒ ᴾᴹ ᵐᵉ ᶤᶠ ᵘ ᵗʰᶤᶰᵏ ᵘ ᵏᶰᵒʷ ᵒᶰᵉ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶤᶳ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵍᵒᵒᵈᵎ
ᴵ ᵃˡᶳᵒ ᴸᵁᵛ ᴴᵉᵗᵃˡᶤᵃ ⁽ᴬˡˡ ᶳᵉʳᶤᵉᶳ⁾ ᶳᵒ ᶤᶠ ᵘ ˡᶤᵏᵉ ᶤᵗ ᵗᵒᵒ ᵖˡᶻ ᴾᴹ ᵐᵉ ᶳᵒ ʷᵉ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵇᵉ ᴬᶰᶤᵐᴮᵘᵈᶳᵎ
Heтαlιαɴѕ YααααααααααY!!!!! X3
ᶳᵒ ʸᵉᵃᵎ ᴾˡᵉᵃᶳᵉ ᵗʳᵃᵈᵉ ᵐᵉ˒ ᶳᵉᶰᵈ ᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᶤᵐᵉ ˡᶤᶰᵏᶳ˒ ᵇᵉ ᵐʸ ᵇᵉᶳᵗᶤᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ᶰᶤᶜᵉ ᵈᵃʸᵎ
Also I share a computer with Vocaloid❥Animu♩♪♫♬ Pls don't block us!! We may trade unfairly sometimes but never for extra bonuses, just cos we likes the colour of each others pets or idk. (we're stingy with our rares!)
ѕυρєяѕαη∂уgιяℓ✿

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby c a l a m i t y » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:13 am

Bumpie?
x
x

Image Image Image

You went for broke
and now you're
croaked!

Image Image
c a l a m i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cadin Araceli » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:49 am

There seems to be a base for the chapters, like a short summary of what happens. But that's it. The chapters are more like paragraphs and there is no really plot, just a string of events. I would suggest going back and expanding on whats happening. Give more detail, give more action, give well...more. If you could expand each chapter to say...5-6 paragraphs (or more), you would have a much fully and much more capturing story. The reader wants to see the struggle and the change from human to wolf and what happens with the rest of the family. Give more to her turning. Give more to her becoming leader. Give more to her past and her pups. And the battle, and hunting the first time, and everything. This gives you the plot. This give you the character development and a full story. It also seems incomplete, and this might be because everything it so short, but it could also be because there is no story arc. There is no conflict-resolution. If you go back and add more, be sure that you include and center the story around one conflict and moving to the resolution. That could be anything from her battling to maintain leadership, or the other wolf packs, or trying to get back to human, or what ever else you can think of. That is up to you. Just make it strong and constant. You wouldn't have to change any of the events, just have to eventually tie it into either the character development that relates to the conflict, or the conflict itself.
I also suggest you look back and read over to fix up the grammatical errors.
Overall, you have a base for a strong, interesting, and compelling story. But just a base. You need more. And I think you can write it out. I'm excited to see what you do with it.
CADIN

my poetry

◇ roleplayer ◇

◇loves chocolate & zombies ◇
◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦
- As you can guess, my name is Cadin!
I am very friendly, feel free to PM or trade with me!
I might not be on 24/7, but I am still very active!

I will be on very spottily.
I am going through a lot of personal stuff.

◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦◦
Cadin Araceli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me