|| ᶜᵃˢ' ᶜʳᵉᵃᵗᶤᵒᶰˢ | wip

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

|| ᶜᵃˢ' ᶜʳᵉᵃᵗᶤᵒᶰˢ | wip

Postby casasss » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:34 pm

i'm going to start off by saying that, yes; you may recognize some of the characters here from previous accounts of mine. i know there's not much i can do to prove it besides relying on my writing style (what little of it has been established) alone, so you'll have to bear with me. i have my reasons, and here is not the place to discuss them. i suppose if you're bothered by it or just merely curious you can ask, and i ask that you go about it at least civilly instead of hurling accusations at me. thankyehaveaniceday.

on a.. hopefully lighter note i'm totally up for any plot ideas you might want to involve one or two of my characters and i in. this goes for 1x1's, private role plays, anything. if there's even a spot you want filled but don't think any of my characters fit the bill and i like your idea enough i'd be thrilled to come up with a new brainchild, just for your plot youlovelyhumanbeingyou. sooo uh yeah. basically all you need to know is that i am a sucker for a good plot or just a way to use one of my characters in a way that consists of more than idly floating about with other characters who idly float about as well.

tbh i'm not entirely sure how i'm going to go about this. i know that i'm saving the entire first page. but after that? i dunno. i definitely wanna hear some opinions about these guys but i know that's not typically how this works. eh, whatever. my point is, if you've got something to say about any of my characters, by all means, do so! i welcome constructive criticism, completely. justdon'takemyheadoff. c:

a few of these guys are older, so uh.. excuse their lameness while i revamp them? xD

characters

don't start me trying now

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

i could make you satisfied in everything you do

all your secret wishes could right now be coming true

and be forever with my poison arms around you

no one's gonna fool around with us

so glad to meet you

Angeles

someone's always coming around here
trailing some new kill
says i seen your picture on a
hundred dollar bill
and what's a game of chance to you
to him is one of real skill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

picking up the ticket shows
there's money to be made
go on and lose the gamble
that's the history of the trade
you add up all the cards left to play to zero
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

basic stuffs

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 am

these are not mine, i do not claim them, yes you can use them i don't really care but i hate having to go look for these and feel weird just copying them off someone else's role play. i figured i must not be the only one. so yes. here they are. they are here. yes.

H E R B S

Alder bark - toothaches
    Alfalfa - chewed thoroughly, then swallowed to help tooth decay
    Aloe vera leaves - chewed and spit on burns, or skin problems
    Borage leaves - lessens fever and increases milk flow in nursing queens
    Broken rosemary blossoms - heals eye infections or used to cover up wounds near eyes
    Burdock root - chews and applied to infected wounds, especially helpful for rat bites
    Catmint - helps stop greencough, also used to treat whitecough and can help to relax a cat
    Celandine - rubbed on aching eyes, also soothes blind eyes
    Chamomile - used for calming
    Chervil leaves/roots - eaten for stomachaches and infections
    Chewed gumweed - used to seal wounds from infection, often helping wounds to heal faster
    Chickweed - minor cure for green and blackcough
    Cobwebs - applied onto deep and bleeding wounds; repeated until the bleeding stops and sometimes left on
    Coltsfoot - eases coughing and breathing troubles, often given to kits
    Comfrey - used to treat broken bones
    Comfrey Roots - chewed and rubbed onto wounds to clean them thoroughly
    Crushed Iris Petals - stimulates breathing
    Crushed marigold petals - used to protect against infection of serious wounds, avoid around eyes, for it can be irritating
    Crushed rose thorns - helps seal wounds
    Culver's root - used often with feverfew when cats recently swimming in cold water have breathing issues or chest pains
    Deathberries (Yew) - of no medicinal value; bright scarlet berries that can kill a cat if they are not expelled quickly enough; use yarrow
    Dock leaves - used to make a cat's coat slippery; also can be used as a surface for vomiting
    Feverfew - ingested to lessen and sometimes rid fevers
    Holly berries - of no medicinal value; poisonous
    Lavender stem - used to calm a cat, often while in shock
    Marigold - soothes infections and heals wounds and sores
    Marigold leaves - dresses wounds
    Mouse bile - helps rid of fleas and ticks when soaked into moss that is pressed onto the fur; foul smelling
    Milkweed juice - used for sores and/or burns; poisonous when ingested
    Nettle leaves - used for lessening swelling
    Nettle seeds - used to counter poison.
    Nightshade - of no medical value; poisonous
    Poppy seeds - essentially calms cats and lessens pain, also to aid cats to sleep
    Ragwort - good for strength
    Sage roots - used on cracked pads, especially on elder cats
    Shock Roots - stimulates the nervous system; use for head trauma
    Thyme - often used to calm cats' anxieties

--

C E R E M O N I E S

Starting a clan meeting
    This is said at the beginning of all ceremonies or announcements. The leader will place him/herself on the ______ to start the meeting.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather around the _____ for a clan meeting."

Deputy Ceremony
    "The time has come to appoint a new deputy. I say these words before Starclan, that the spirits of our ancestors may hear and approve my choice. __________ will be the new deputy."

Warrior Ceremony
    "I, _____star, leader of ______clan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon this apprentice. S/he has trained hard to under stand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. _____paw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect and defend this clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name: _____paw, from this moment on you will be known as _________. Starclan honors your _____ and your _____ and we welcome you as a full warrior of ____clan."

Apprentice Ceremony
    "From this day forward, until he/she has earned his/her warrior name, this apprentice will be called _____paw. ______. __________, the clan honors your _____ and ________. May you pass down all you know to this apprentice."

Dying Apprentice Ceremony
    "I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has learned the warrior code and has given up his/her life in service of his/her clan. Let Starclan receive him/her as a warrior. His/Her name will be __________, because _________. Let Starclan receive him/her by the name of __________.

Elder Ceremony
    "___________, is it your wish to give up the name of warrior and go join the elders?"

"It is."

"Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon Starclan to give you many seasons of rest."

Medicine Cat Ceremony
    "_______________, is it your wish to enter into the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?"

"It is."

"Then come forward. Warriors of Starclan, I present to you this apprentice. S/he has chosen the life of medicine cat. Grant her/him your wisdom and insight so that s/he may understand your ways and heal her/his clan in accordance to your will."
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

pantherstrike [ star ]

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:10 am

this is one of those characters i have reserved for a certain place in a plot i've been cooking up. a couple months ago (onmyolderaccount) i created a role play based around a clan recently devestated by a forest fire. unfortunately i had to leave CS before we could get a lot done, but i've come to realize that i rather enjoy both this teeny backstory and particular character a lot.

T A K E
A
G O O D
L O O K
A T
M E
I ' M
O N L Y
T H E
M O N S T E R
Y O U
M A D E
M E
Pantherstar
18 Moons
Nine Lives
Male
Leader

Pantherstar is a young tom; far too young to be a deputy, and never mind a leader. Unfortunately, the previous leader of Burntclan had little choice. The clan's deputy had perished in the fire, and Darkstar was on his last life. In fact, he knew these few moments would be his last. He knew he had to appoint somebody to lead the clan, and his son, Pantherstrike, was the last cat he would speak to.

Pantherstrike was openly shocked about this decision, but upon further thought it could only make more sense. He traveled to the Starpool with the medicine cat the next night to receive his nine lives.

A M I S O D I F F E R E N T I N S I D E ?
    Cocky | Intense | Good-humored | Sarcastic | Well-intentioned | Loyal | Passionate | Insecure | Brave

Pantherstar easily comes off as a jerk. He just has that air about him; confident and self-absorbed. In truth, he is not like this, but he does his darnedest to try to be. He is only trying to live up to his father's legacy. The late Darkstar could be considered the best leader Pineclan had ever seen. He figures if he is, or appears to be confident in everything he does, the clan will be confident in him. Pantherstar's intentions are good, but he is naive and perhaps misled. Not ignorant, as he is in fact quite intelligent for his age, but naive. He just wants to be accepted by his clan, and will try just about everything he can to see that happen.

Pantherstar can also be described as intense. It may be his piercing gaze, or it could just be the way he talks, but he knows that whatever he says has an impact on the cat or cats being spoken to. This can make him seem intimidating to the younger apprentices and kits. He doesn't realize this, however, and can often end up scaring younger cats. Pantherstar usually chalks this up to them being silly, and he sometimes plays along with it and scares the poor things even worse. On most occasions when this occurs, his brow will furrow but he'll shrug it off and continue with what he was previously doing. As they get older they tend to realize that Pantherstar wasn't the scary big cat the previously thought, and that he is indeed just a cat-like teddy bear. However, he is a born leader even at his young age, and he is often purposefully intense when he needs to gain control in dire situations.

Pantherstar is unbelievably good-humored, to the point of being downright silly sometimes. Obviously he has a great sense of humor, and can often be seen joking around with close friends. This does not stop him from being entirely committed to his duties as leader, however, and he knows when to calm down and be serious. Insults do not bother him, and it is likely no cat will be able to get into his head. He can smile and pleasantly spit out a remark ten times worse to the cat who tried to insult him, and then their mother, and then go back to what he was doing as if nothing had happened.

Pantherstar's humor seems to consist of hardly more than sarcastic comments and perverted silliness. When he is being sarcastic, it is usually obvious by his signature crooked smirk. It's just his way of showing how clever he is. It takes a bit of getting used to, but most learn to laugh along with him. He sometimes does it just to amuse himself, which he then finds strange that he finds himself doing so on a daily basis.

Everything Pantherstar does is thought out before he does it. And it may not seem so at the time, but everything he does is either for the good of the clan or, on a more personal level, for a certain individual. He is beyond rational, but not overly so. This tends to be a bit more serious side of him, when he is rationalizing.

WIP
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

sweetsongs

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:28 am

Sweetpaw is one of my favorite characters, and one of my first. she's had multiple overhauls and rewrites, but she's basically been the same, if not very similar. i don't have anything up to date on her as of now, but i'm sure that won't be true for long. i most often start her off as an apprentice, simply because she's got one of those personalities that can be heavily impacted by different situations. i have trouble starting her as otherwise simply because that is such a huge part of her. she's adaptable, i guess, but her basic traits are the same. she's silly, sometimes shy and it's very easy for her to embarrass herself when she's nervous, but she's got spunk. spunk and an overwhelmingly large amount of sarcasm that is, and not to mention a good head screwed on. looks-wise she started off as a light sort of dove grey color, with teal eyes and a general smallness. small, but with long limbs in proportion to her body. for a while she was dull brown, and then she was light grey again, but this time with faint tabby stripes. this time i think, depending on picture availability and all, she's going to be as she started off; just plain light grey.
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

freefall

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:32 am

this guy.. well, i'm very tentative about. i'm probably going to hold off putting him into groups for now. partly because of that, and the fact that he's so similar to a character that i've recently created without my noticing until afterwards. he's definitely still a different cat, but i think i might have trouble seperating them if i were to role play both at once. he's likely to return later on, perhaps with a couple of changes. he definitely could use a bit more fleshing out.

ImageImage

name } { freepaw
age } { 9 moons
rank } { apprentice
aspiration } { deputy
gender } { male

behavior } { a generally calm, quiet young cat, Freepaw isn't one to cause a commotion. he's quite happy where he usually is; somewhere on the sidelines and nuetrally observing. he's not exactly shy, he just doesn't make any effort to converse with his clanmates. thus, he has no quarrells, and he is never seen angry. should a cat get him to open up to them, they will be rewarded with a life-long, loyal and trustworthy companion. he's rather intelligent and simplistic, always a willing shoulder to cry on and giver of advice. somewhat of a care free individual, he's more on the optimistic side and doesn't easily become stressed.
pros } { as stated, Freepaw is one of slightly above average intelligence. he doesn't like to go around and shove the fact in everybody's face, so some are surprised upon finding this out. pleasantly, that is. he's also clever, leading to a great sense of humor that is often displayed through good-hearted sarcasm.
cons } { while Freepaw has no problem with and is very willing to stand up for others, he himself is a bit of a doormat. due to his ever-helpful nature, he is always happy to assist, and can sometimes be easily taken advantage of. he really takes what others say about him to heart, and usually is at a loss for selfconfidence.

structure } { a lanky tom is Freepaw, with an extra long and thin tail. despite this, his shoulders are strong and broad; his form is thoroughly laced with sleek muscle. he can appear to have a lopsided appearance at times, but large paws keep him upright. even at a young age, he has good physical potential.
strength } { skilled at both running and climbing, he is also fair at swimming and enjoys doing so. what he lacks in strength he makes up in speed; his strides long and powerful. he is far from a weakling.
flaws } { due to him being more of a lanky cat than a powerhouse, he is not as powerful as some of the bigger toms. while this does not make him a bad fighter, he has yet to hone his skills and can be overpowered. once he figures himself out he'll rely more on his speed, but as of now he is a bit clueless as to what to do with himself.

relations } { unknown; assumed to have none within the clan.
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

whitespot

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:36 am

again, another character i'm very hesitant about using. she's got potential to be a favorite of mine, but i'm noticing a trend here. far too many of my characters share too many similar traits. ugh. -facedesks- this is all i'm going to bother saving pertaining to her. the form originally is not mine, although it's nothing extravagent.

History;;
Not anything extravagent, really. Whitepaw was born to a clan she-cat and a loner father, whom decided that eloping would be a wonderful idea shortly after her birth. She was left with another nursing queen. This fazes her very little and she isn't ashamed in the least, seeing as she doesn't remember either of her birth parents.
Personality;;
A bit of a wall-flower, Whitepaw isn't going to be the one to initiate a conversation or join a group discussion. She's quite happy observing from where she is, most likely to the side and out of everybody's way. Shy doesn't exactly describe her either, though, she just seems uninterested in being social. This is only because she finds out all she needs to know without words, reading into the actions and body language of her clanmates instead of what they say. It's not because she doesn't trust, but isn't everything just so much easier when nobody tells lies in the first place? ((Will probably add to this as time goes on.))
Weaknesses;;
Having a total lack of a social life, albeit by choice, does have its cons. She's often too honest, and sometimes she expects others to understand her without using words. It can get lonely, too. Other than that, Whitepaw is a small cat, and can sometimes be overpowered by those bigger and heavier than her.
Strengths;;
Fast would be an understatement. In proportion to the rest of her body, Whitepaw's legs are very long and laced with sleek muscle. Her strides are long and powerful, allowing her to keep up at high speeds for fair amounts of time. She may not be the fastest in her clan, but she's up close.
Theme Song(s);;
Brick By Boring Brick by Paramore - x
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

echostep and gingerflare

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:42 am

the reason i'm pairing these two lovelies together is because at one point i think i had intended to rewrite Echostep and i ended up creating a whole new character? i don't really.. know. anyways i had intended Gingerflare for a certain clan, so should i use him again i would have to change some things. now i can't decide which one i like better, because i absolutely love aspects of them both. i think what i'll end up doing is smooshing them together into one awesome character when i get bored of the ones i am currently using, and want to mix things up a bit.

Image Image

ᶰᵃᵐᵉ
ϟ I'm Echostep, of course. Echostep

ᵍᵉᶰᵈᵉʳ
ϟ Weeeeelll, all the bits'n bobbles if you don't mind my being frank. Male

ᵃᵍᵉ
ϟ Ehm, not quite twenty moons. Approximately 18 moons

ʳᵃᶰᵏ
ϟ Warrior. You're not lost or anything, are you? Warrior

ᵃˢᵖᶤʳᵃᵗᶤᵒᶰ
ϟ Quite content where I am, thankyouverymuch. Achieved, more or less

ᶜʳᵘˢʰ
ϟ Not really my thing to be entirely honest. Nope

ᵐᵃᵗᵉ
ϟ Oh, don't start. Nada

ᵏᶤᵗˢ
ϟ Now you're just getting redundent. Nooope

ᵏᶤᶰ
ϟ Gone. Either unknown or presumed diseased

ᵖᵉʳˢᵒᶰᵃˡᶤᵗʸ
ϟ In a few words? Snarky, but aslo controlled, selfless and very intelligent. These things make for a relitively sarcastic tom, with a good sense of humor and an even better capacity for loyalty for those he cares about. He's wise beyond his years as well, good at problem solving and thinking fast when the time calls for it. He has unbelievable control over himself and it's incredibly rare to see him angered. In fact, when others can be expected to grow mad or upset he's likely to put on a huge grin and continue with what he's doing. It's even rarer to see him get carried away with anything, but when he does, he needs someone to stop him before he does something bad. That being said, he's calm and direct in otherwise pressing situations, and doesn't hesitate to take lead of those around him, but only if they seem to need instruction. He's relitively lonely, though, and the friendships he does make seem to not last very long at all. It's got something to do with the fact that he's not one to walk up to another cat on a whim and start a conversation, although he is very willing and happy to converse should he be approached, it's got another reason, of which he himelf is even unsure of. It doesn't appear to outwardly bother him and he's just fine carrying on by himself, but he does find himself wishing for a bit of companionship now and then.

ʰᶤˢᵗᵒʳʸ
ϟ Not much, and certainly nothing too hectic. He wasn't born into the clan like most everyone else, it seems. He was simply a young loner living in what is now the clan's territory when they moved in, and not much later for a lack of a better option joined them. He was roughly ten moons old when this occured, and was able to complete his training in only three moons as opposed to the traditional six. Partly because he'd been previously living on his own, and also because of his fast ability to learn. Because of his non-clan origin, he does have a bit of an accent, something like Scottish and English combined. It's not very heavy at all, though, and very few have trouble understanding him unless he's talking a mile a minute.

ᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳᵃᶰᶜᵉ
ϟ Nothing too special, with no over the top markings or eye-color. He's a simple silvery tabby, with short faintly striped fur and a white blaze on his face. His underside and paws share a lighter tone, and are a bit softer to the touch, as most cats' do and are. His only "unique" feature are his eyes, which are a coppery tone of brown. They can look anywhere from almost gold to a dark, almost black brown, depending on the setting. Buildwise, he isn't exactly lanky, although his limbs are long. He's got decent muscle on him, although he is no brute. He's somewhere inbetween, leaning towards wiry, for lack of a more suitable word.

ᵠᵘᶤʳᵏˢ
ϟ Quirks? There is no difference between Echostep and quirks; he is quirks. He is the embodiment of the word, and there really is no way to describe all of them.

I need another story
Something to get off my chest
My life gets kinda boring
Need something that I can confess
'Til all my sleeves are stained red

From all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear
Thought you saw me wink, no
I've been on the brink, so

Tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

My God, amazing how we got this far
It's like we're chasing all those stars
Who's driving shiny big black cars
And everyday I see the news
All the problems that we could solve

And when a situation rises
Just write it into an album
Send it straight to gold
But I don't really like my flow, no, so

Tell me what you want to hear

Oh, got no reason, got no shame
Got no family I can blame
Just don't let me disappear
I'ma tell you everything

So tell me what you want to hear

So tell me what you want to hear

All my secrets away, all my secrets away
ᶰᵃᵐᵉ:: Gingerflare
Gingerflare, although I'm not sure why. Quite honestly I'm starting to believe it's just a cruel joke.

ᵃᵍᵉ:: 19 moons
Twenty moons if I'm not mistaken.

ᵍᵉᶰᵈᵉʳ:: Tom
Well, all the bits'n bobbles.

ʳᵃᶰᵏ:: Warrior
I'm a warrior, of course.

ᵃˢᵖᶤʳᵃᵗᶤᵒᶰ:: Achieved
Happy where I am, thanks.

ᶠᵘʳ:: Just sort of... brown.
Gingerflare really isn't far off. He's mainly a dark shade of brown, almost chocolatey. The only other marks
on him would be his white throat, toes, and that small white spot on his muzzle. It's acceptable to say that his
back legs get darker in a sort of gradient closer to his feet, and the same goes for his tail. If it weren't for the
white spot on his face, his darker muzzle would be more noticeable as well. Guess you could say he has very
faint darker points, probably due to some siamese blood in him somewhere along the line. It is short-medium
length as well, and is not the softest fur on the planet. He's not exactly prickly or rough, though, and he's
softer on his belly as most cats are.

ᵉʸᵉˢ:: Well, orangey but maybe kind of brown... or yellow.
Whether they are yellow, orange, brown or amber is up for debate. They should probably be considered a mix of
all the above. That's due to the sort of transparency they have, even more than most lighter colored eyes possess.
In direct light, they look incredibly light, with only speckles of pigmentation. They can even take on a silvery
kind of sheen. In darker settings they, well, get darker. Amber would be a better way to describe them then,
or light brown. The color is purely circumstantial, but it might be easier to just call them golden brown...
then again that may be a bit cheesy.

ᵇᵘᶤˡᵈ:: Ehm... 've been told I'm pretty tall.
And tall he is; very much so. He's had long legs all of his life, and was that gangly awkward
apprentice who always towered over everyone else but would trip over his own feet while preforming the
most simplest of tasks. Now that he's a bit older he seems to have better control of them, and they even
work to his aid. Running, climbing, jumping and even swimming are among his physical fortes, amazing
stamina being another one of them. Not to brag, but he can run faster than most cats and keep up that
speed for longer as well. Other than that, there is very little fat on his body. Should he happen to lose
even just a few more pounds he would probably be considered malnourished. That has a a lot to do
with his high metabolism and the fact that he's usually very active. Doesn't seem to bother him
much.

ᵖᵉʳˢᵒᶰᵃˡᶤᵗʸ:: Oh don't ask me that.
In general, Gingerflare is a nice cat. He's never one to insult or belittle another for the fun of it,
although he can be a bit rude. It's likely he's just being a little too honest, though, and he doesn't do it to be
mean. He rarely realizes it. And when he does say something rude, it's never uncalled for and he's likely to just
go off on a banter about something else. He er, tends to ramble. Most of the time whoever he's speaking
to is unable to understand what he's saying when he's talking a mile a minute but when he sees their
perplexed face he'll be glad to reexplain. He absolutely lights up when he discovers something, and most
of his friends just humor him and go along with it.. as best they can. He's pretty intelligent too, and
doesn't mind sharing with others. He'd likely make a good mentor, and is eagerly awaiting to be assigned
an apprentice. It would be impossible for a young cat to be bored with him as their teacher. Mistakes
are understandable to him too, but he does have a problem when a cat deliberately does something bad.
He's a one-chance kind of tom, and Hell hath no fury like an angry or betrayed Gingerflare. That being
said he is incredibly emotional, and can have a tendency to blow up when he or someone he cares about is
wronged. It's not going to be easy to earn his forgiveness, either. When it comes to his close
friends, he is extremely, extremely loyal, to the point where it might not be good for him sometimes.
He is selfless, and will risk his own hide for someone he cares about, or even his life if he has to.

ᵠᵘᶤʳᵏˢ:: Safe to say I've got a bit of an accent, but other than that I'm just an average bloke.
Indeed Gingerflare does have a bit of an accent, something vaguely reminiscent of some sort of a combination of an Estuary English accent and a Scottish one. This can only make his babbling more difficult to understand to those who don't hear him speak often, but other than that most cats don't have a problem with it.

ʰᶤˢᵗᵒʳʸ:: Hardly anything important; 'came from the north, which explains the way I talk. My mum was a beautiful she-cat, Kestriel, and she spoke fondly of my father although I never had the chance to meet him myself. Don't know what the rest of my family has been up to now.
Just as Gingerflare said, he was born in the north, which obviously makes him not clanborn. He'd known about Shadeclan for as long as he could remember as their "den" had not been far from the clan's borders. His mother had been a kind loner, and didn't steal prey from the clan. Didn't even step foot into their territory. Thus, they had been on good terms with Shadeclan, and had no quarrels whatsoever with eachother. Gingerflare, or just Snap at the time, of course had siblings; two brothers and a sister. They were all brought up with their mother's belief that they could share the same forests with the clan cats as long as they simply left them alone. That worked for a while, until his brothers decided that it would be a great day to go and show those stinky clan cats who really owned the forest around here. They had a knack for going on these "adventures," as they called them, but always returned not long after they had left with outrageous and no doubt made up stories of what they had encountered. They were only about five months old at the time, so such mischevious was to be expected. Snap and his sister, Kes, stayed behind to take care of mum, because she had been showing signs of some sort of illness since her kits' birth and had been getting worse and worse for a while. She was weak, too weak to do much more than bring in a few mice for them to share each morning. Snap and Kes, and even their two brothers were worried about her, but they didn't speak of it. And it wasn't until nightfall that Snap and his sister thought that something might have happened to their brothers on their silly adventure. They were scared to leave their mother alone, so they could do nothing but curl up that night and sleep. It wasn't until the next morning that they had to tell mum about how neither brother had returned. Kestriel used up the little strength she had to look for them, spent the entire day calling their names and searching for their scents. Kes and Snap worriedly trailed their mother throughout the day, tummies grumbling and scared for both their brothers and their mum. It wasn't until Kestriel was showing signs of collapsing that Snap could get to her agree to return to the den for the night. He was horrified by just how weak she really looked, how sunken her face seemed and how dull her eyes appeared; how utterly defeated she looked. It was just because of the light though, had to be. And she was worried about her sons. But that was it. When they were found she would look better again, she would be mum again, not the snappy, skinny cat with ragged fur she looked like that night. Unfortunately Snap's hopes never came true, and each day mum just looked worse and worse. She continued to look for them each day, but their scents stopped at the Shadeclan border. Even in her rattled state Kestriel was smart enough to know that accusing the clan for her sons' disappearances would only endanger her other kits. But that didn't mean she couldn't blame them. To herself, that was. That peaceful respect and nuetrality she had for the clan cats slowly turned into a bitter hate. Not only that but she blamed Snap and Kes for letting their brothers run off, and it wasn't long until she stopped getting them food each morning. Kestriel seemed to shut off, and didn't even leave the den. That was when she really started getting sick. Snap and Kes realized it too, that not only was whatever illness she had was getting worse, but that she was dying. And they could do nothing but watch as she grew worse with each day, and try to feed themselves and their mum using the little things mum had taught them before she had gotten so ill. One day Kestriel just stopped eating, stopped talking, and stopped functioning. Kes herself seemed to perhaps be showing signs of getting sick too, just little coughs here and there and sometimes shortness of breath. Exactly as Kestriel had started, not many months ago. And Snap? Well, he just couldn't bear it. He was watching his mother die slowly and he knew Kes was getting sick too, and he had lost all hope of his brothers coming back. He left them sleeping there one night, and sought out that clan his mum had used to tell him stories of when he was practically a baby. He presented himself to them the next morning, at nine months old, with a now dead injured squirrel he had come across on pure accident on his way, as proof that he knew how to hunt. They accepted him with little hesitation, and at his request changed his name although he didn't know what to call himself. He was named Gingerflare after a short apprenticeship, and has been with the clan ever since.
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

mooseleap

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:52 am

i just. Mooseleap. Mooseleeeeeaaaap. Mooseleapmooseleapmooseleapmooseleapmooseleapasobosbofoipnvppwb0bwr. c: i adore Mooseleap. gah. he's so adorable. well, maybe not in the traditional way, but in his own right. i had originally intended him to be based loosely upon a combination of characters from my favorite show and the actors that play them; Supernatural. maybe you've heard of it, maybe not. the point is, even though i threw in a few ideas of my own, i couldn't have asked for him to come out better. i suppose i probably leaned closer towards a certain actor/character combination, but out of all of them he's probably the one i'm most comfortable role playing as. or, at least a similar character to him. Mooseleap's form is currently the only one that even begins to show my current writing ability, which has improved greatly since the last time i've role played here.

i kid you not, i could go on about this guy for hours. he's one of my few characters that i actually have a voice for. naturally, that's the voice of the character / actor he's inspired by; Sam Winchester / Jared Padalecki. in that respective order. please excuse the Sam / Jared gifspam.. grantedtherandomdancingaroundisJaredbeingJaredandonlyoneoftheseishimasSambutit'sthesamepersontechnicallysoshush. -cough- but um. Jared is 6"4 so that's also where the idea of him being really tall came from. ̶̶h̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶l̶̶s̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶f̶̶t̶̶e̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶e̶̶f̶̶e̶̶r̶̶r̶̶e̶̶d̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶o̶̶o̶̶s̶̶e̶̶.̶

mooseleap
what's a game of chance to you, here, is one of real skill

name } { mooseleap
age } { 20 moons
rank } { warrior
aspiration } { deputy
gender } { male

behavior } { an all-around pleasant tom, if not too serious at times. by most of the clan he's known for his honesty, respect, and willingness to please whether that be by going out on a daily hunt, offering surprisingly good advice or just keeping another clanmate company. when he was an apprentice, he was one of the few the elders didn't complain about too much, and he enjoyed listening to their sometimes outrageous stories. he himself hardly complained about much, and he still doesn't. he's got outstanding patience with most, although he's got little tolerance for brattyness and doesn't hesitate to put those who act up in such a way back in their place. despite being very friendly to just about anyone who approaches him, he'd just about die before initiating a conversation first. because of this he keeps to himself mostly, he's got few friends and he gets very confused when others go out of their way to be with him. to those he does befriend, however, are stuck with him for life. Mooseleap is far from clingy, and he might even go days without talking, but his capacity for loyalty is beyond belief. this, being paired with his natural knowledge of emotions, make for an amazing friend. he won't rest until he's assured said friend is in a fair mood, even sacrificing his own, along with time and sleep. he has the potential to be both a good teacher and an even better family man, if he would just open his mouth. at clan meetings he's usually towards the back, and keeps quiet. when he does speak, however, one can expect it to be something pretty darn intelligent.
pros } { as stated, Mooseleap's combined patience and intelligence make him popular with younger cats. he's always willing to lend a paw in the nursery, when it does inhabit kits, and more often than not the kits enjoy him too. he eagerly awaits the day when he gets named an apprentice of his own. also, he's got quite the extensive knowledge of emotions and body language in general, and he's been known to read the mood of a clanmate by just a swift glance-over. this makes it difficult to lie to him, where as he himself can be quite sly and manipulative, should he choose to be (although he wouldn't dare lie unless he had to).
cons } { Mooseleap spends most of his time alone, and from this comes both slight social anxiety and depression. from those come an inavoidable and often lack of sleep. his general shyness causes him to miss out on a lot of opportunities for fun.

structure } { by all means Mooseleap is quite the tall cat. the very tall cat. no, he's like, really, really tall. that's literally where his name comes from; the moose among the whitetails. anyways, long limbs and a streamlined, however surpsingly quite powerful body make for a rather gangly appearance. he's far from a stick, though. somehow he's got broad, strong shoulders. he often appears to be a whisker from keeling over due to lopsidedness, but probably too-big paws help keep him upright. while they do help, they do not, however, always keep him from being a total clutz.
strength } { in all honesty? Mooseleap is well-rounded in personality and physical ability. he can do fairly well at just about any task set before him. if there's anything he excels in, though, it has to be hunting. this is not only due to natural ability, but the fact that he hunts all over the place. it's very unlikely that he'll return to the same spot more than once a week, lest he dwindle the critter population too bad.
flaws } { alright, nobody's going to lie here. no sugar-coating. he may be decent at most stuff, but Mooseleap is not a climber or a swimmer.

relations } { unknown; none within the clan.
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles

trailing some new kill
hundred dollar bill
so glad to meet you
Angeles

there's money to be made
and sign up with evil
Angeles
casasss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

smokebird

Postby casasss » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:28 am

saved, but i actually have someone in mind for this.
characters

'cause i'm all over it

Angeles

so glad to meet you

Angeles