Stars 3200 Entry - Magic Comes With A Price - DNP

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Stars 3200 Entry - Magic Comes With A Price - DNP

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:41 pm

Myrkviðr wrote:to set the theme, please listen to this song on a low volume as you read!
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
hehe thanks zero i cherish the bracelet <3
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ᴅᴇꜱɪɢɴ ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:18 am

Requested Edits
An oriental shorthair, black ticked tabby
[nr] Accessories (golden tooth), Animal Companion (snake), Expression Edit (Looking stern/hurt), Glowing Bindrune on shoulder
[c] Ear Placement, Eye Shape,
[uc] Muzzle Edit, Unnatural Eye Colors, Long Tail, Heterochromia
[r] Tall Ears
[m] vitiligo
You are more than welcome to add/remove as you deem fit to fit him and/or his breed!
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ɢᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏɴᴇꜱ

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:21 am

‘’Gather around, and I will tell a tale of a cat of black and white.’’ Withered’Flame called out, it had grabbed the attention of both apprentices, Grave’Paw and Moth’Paw. The seer made sure that they had calmed down and were ready to listen. ‘’Good.’’ She chuckled as she was surprised how quickly the promise of a story could calm two rowdy apprentices. ‘’There was a bonded pair of cats that sailed the ships with their maðrs, catching any vermin that dared board their ship to eat their food. These cats had seen it all, the waters, the land, the battles, the victories. One day, these two cats had a litter of two. One kit had been born with a pelt as dark the night he was given the name Myrkviðr, the other kit was born with a pelt as bright as the sun. She was given the name, Heiðr.’’ Withered’Flame hummed, allowing a moment for Grave’Paw and Moth’Paw to paint an image in their mind.

“Both parents were known for their high status and liked to keep a perfect reputation. They wanted that for their kits as they were a reflection of them- but one day things began to change for the kit as dark as night. When he reached 6 moons, his fur had begun to turn white. It started as a mark on the bridge of his nose. Moon after moon, that little mark began to grow bigger and bigger until it had taken up the left side of his face. Not only did it travel across his face, but his entire body. The clan had treated him like a sickness, for they feared the same thing would happen to them if they touched him. But this was far from correct. Cats all around had teased, pestered and avoided him. One day, a couple of other apprentices his age were messing around and one pushed the other into Myrkviðr.” She began to trail off, “It’s always the last drop that breaks the dam. Myrkviðr was so overwhelmed that day, he completely snapped.
He ran away from all he had known. After reaching the bottom of a summit, he came across a weak and wounded serpent that offered him a deal, to bring her a meal and that he would be forever grateful and offer Myrkviðr a favor tenfold. He took her deal and set out to catch her a mouse. When he returned with a full maw, she had been forever grateful. The moment that Myrkviðr dropped the mouse, she had suddenly struck him with her fangs, Myrkviðr had passed out. Only to awake in a land above the clouds, greeted by his ancestors before him.”
Withered’Flame smiled in thought; for she had hoped she would one day awake in the same land.
“Though his stay wouldn’t be indefinite, for the serpent held to her word. Myrkviðr had barely gotten to connect with those around him, it seemed like all in a blink- it was all gone. When he awoke next, the first face he had seen was the serpents. His left eye had turned as bright as gold itself and given a bright green rune along his shoulder- and with this, Myrkviðr had been granted the power of eternal life.”

“I wish that happened to me! I’d help a snake!” Moth’Paw blurted out in an excited tone, but her excitement was cut short by the shaman. “It is a blessing as much as it is a curse, for any of his illness or pains would riddle him for an eternity.. Plus, all magic comes with a price. His soul bonded mate would never be allowed to see him, speak to him or touch him, but he could perceive her. He watched her move on over the moons after he left his clan.”
“To be in love and never touch?” Grave’Paw repeated back, he couldn’t bare the thought of what if his own parents had never met, even under the unfortunate circumstances it was under.
The progress of Myrkviðr,'s vitligo
3mo > 8mo > 12mo
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ʀᴇᴠᴇᴀʟ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:18 pm

The air felt still, Nettle’Sting questioned whether she could feel the air traveling through their lungs or not. Time itself felt.. not entirely still, but rather slow. Her travel was brought to a hault as her snout was hit with a scent like never before. A cat with An alluring scent that was consistent with notes of fresh citrus, vetiver and a musk that couldn't be washed away. It was clear that both sides of the party knew why they were there. ''Reveal yourself to me, Myrkviðr.'' Nettle'Sting called out into the darkness of the forest that was located in the curve of the mountain. A soft whisper of ''..please'' followed her call.
“I wish to better myself for my clan. To fight alongside them better when they need it most. I-” The she began, but her words were cut short by a chuckle from the shadows.

“Are you sure this is for your clan? Or is it that you’re tired of those around you just walking by you with not a drop of respect? Maybe you wish for them to fear you as they fear the biggest cat in the group.” The shadows seemed to speak back to her as Myrkviðr called Nettle’Sting out, seeing right through her ambitions. Nettle’Sting’s gaze faltered down to her paws as she bit her tongue, for all it would continue to spew was lies. “..Or possibly you wish to conjure the respect that Vixen’Snarl gets as you work under Wolf’Star. I know of you and your little group. You hated when Lost’Star died and you began to miss the tyranny that he inflicted upon others- so you have taken it upon yourselves to continue the so job he filled into your hollow heads.” It seemed like she was receiving a scolding now, but his harsh tone switched back to a calm and friendly one. A pair of mismatched eyes of green and gold stared back from the void of darkness, his gaze couldn’t match the softness of his tone.
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:18 pm

You wish for strength?” Echoed a voice right back at her as Nettle’Sting looked into the direction of the voice, suddenly two dimly lit eyes came into view from the shadows. Next, stepped out a paw or white. Then a paw of black. The lanky tom had now stepped fully out of the shadows to reveal himself, his expression painted with curiosity. “Who am I to judge? After all, I wished for many things.” Myrkviðr spoke so soft, it was as if he was getting ready to sing a tune to a kit.
Clear hesitance in Nettle’Sting’s tone had shown through, “What did you wish for?” This question had caught Myrkviðr off guard, for no one had asked him this before; all of his prior encounters were too greedy to get their way to even care how this god had spent his own wishes. A trail of silence followed the question, but Myrkviðr shook his head. “I wished to fit in with my own blood- but that is not important right now.” The oriental shorthair was quick to branch away from the topic. “What do you have to trade for this said strength, Nettle’Sting?” It was clear that Myrkviðr already knew names prior to any introduction.
“Well, I can offer..” Nettle’Sting’s words were getting ahead of her thoughts. What could she possibly offer someone with so much power? Why would he want something in return if he can conjure anything he wants? It didn’t make sense to her. ''All anyone has done is expect me to bestow gifts upon them, the moment my pelt began changing. Everyone thought I was either a saint or a defective cat. You assume the same, why would I give a desperate little kit the power to wipe out all they have known? You may have the physical power to maintain a high status, but with a lack of leadership- you will run the place into the ground.''He sneered. ''There are cats far more brute than Wolf'Star, but you don't see them challenging him. They know they lack the same experience and mindset as him. It isn't always about strength, my dear.''

Neetle’Sting could feel herself searching for a reason that may At least captivate the tom’s interest. She couldn’t think of anything actually useful to him. “A favor.. I will do whatever you wish, whenever you wish. I will be at your disposal.” Nettle’Sting made this sound like a promise. “Offering yourself to the unknown is a dangerous thing.” He said with a smirk. “What makes you think I won’t just take it all away when I call upon you for this said favor?” Myrkviðr entertained the thought and it only led the feline before him to show more hesitation. “Just kidding!” He chirped. The sudden back and forth confused Nettle'Sting.
After a few moments of shared silence, Myrkviðr gave a nod. ''It will be done as you rest. By next sunset, expect your strength to improve.'' He twisted his words just enough for Nettle'Sting to not notice the difference in the better strength, but not the strongest.''In return, I may call upon you whenever, wherever, however I deem fit. Do we have a deal?''
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:59 am

Characters: