{DNP} VoK Prompt/Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

{DNP} VoK Prompt/Writing

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:25 am

A-1-18, 20
B-no longer applicable (i gifted my founder :p)
C-5
P-
*add lions here*
D-reusable
E1-
*add lion and scar*
E2-
*add lion*
E3-
*add lion and accessory*
E4-
*add lion and scar*
S-reusable

Current Overflow: 75
Current uncashed total: 300
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {DNP} VoK Prompt/Writing

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:37 am

A15
The Pride of Blessing populates an area filled with grasses, where mice, snakes, and rabbits roam. In the rainy plentiful season, larger game migrate through the area, gazelle and wildebeast. Most of the year, however, the pride makes do by hunting much of the smaller prey. In that same season of plenty, the pride is mostly left alone by their hostile neighbors, for the prey creatures are much simpler to catch.However, as the season passes and the cold dry season sets in, the hyena and coyotes begin to group into packs of their own and even a strong lion must be wary on his own, for no matter how strong he is eventually the pack will wear him down until he can no longer fight. Especially as the hungry season drives the beasts mad, and even the healthiest most youthful lion can grow weak if the season turns especially bad.
[150 words]

[100 exp]
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 am

A16
The territory of the Pride of Blessings resides on a volatile land. There are two great seasons, with two smaller seasons most notable for being relatively balanced between the two. First in the year is great season of Plenty, the season of warm, humid air and much rainfall. Prey is abundant everywhere and larger game migrates through. The pride often feasts in Plenty. After Plenty is the lesser season of Fair. At this time of year, the weather is at its most gentle, a few light rains and sweet cooler temperatures. The smaller game still provides enough food to go around, and the nearby predators are still sated. Fair, however, trails off into the most dangerous of the seasons, the great season of Hunger. All the rains dry up and in a bad year so can the land waters. The weather takes a harsh chill and threatens to freeze, forcing all the surviving prey into hiding. The only prey that can be found is that which is forced back into the open from hunger or thirst, hardly enough of a meal for a small cub. The pride is forced to group it's hunters together, for warmth and protection from the packs of hyenas and coyotes that are driven from their hiding places as well in search of anything to sate their hunger. Camps and dens are guarded fiercely in Hunger, further detracting from those available to hunt. At last, however, the year begins to warm into its last season, Calm. This season picks up a low humidity and can draw sudden rain out of an otherwise clear sky. The winds in Calm can be strong and sudden as well. The name of the season derives from the reprieve from hunger and the pride's fellow predators as the smaller prey begin to thrive once more.
[304 words]

[100 exp]
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 am

A18
When a cub within the Pride of Blessing reaches the age of majority--and in days past the early development of the pride when a new lion is accepted into the pride--they undergo a special ceremony aptly named "The Ritual of the Wyrm's blessing". Outsiders, guests, and young cubs are not permitted to watch the ceremony, and the contents are kept strictly secret from those who have yet to undergo it. The new lion (whether by age or prideship) must walk through a tunnel full of reeds, where they cannot see where they are going and must follow the voices of their observers as they chant encouragement. At the end of the tunnel lies a pool, where they rinse themselves to show their washing away of their old identity as a cub or outsider and acceptance of the new identity as one of the pride. Next, the Queen or King blindfolds them and leads them to Akkadia's Cave, wherein lies the the Crystal. Once inside the darkness of the path to the Crystal's chamber, the lion is unblindfolded and lead by the sound of their leader's footsteps to the chamber. In the chamber, the Crystal glows from a constant stream of sunlight refracted through it from a hole in the ceiling above it. The sunlight there is always shining no matter the time of day or night. The lion steps up to the Crystal and gently places their nose against it's cool surface. Either they pull away with no change and are settled into the life of a lesser lion, or they freeze as excruciating pain wracks their bodies for a few moments and they shift for the first time into their wyrm. This makes them a Wyrmling, and they are taken to an elder Wyrmling to apprentice beneath them.
[300 words]

[150 exp]
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:21 am

A17
The greatest taboo within the Pride of Blessing is one which is usually only mentioned in tales of warning to young cubs. Outsiders should never be allowed to hear of it, lest they defile the sacred custom. Forcing entry to Akkadia's Cave. There have been very few occasions of the breaking of this taboo, for which the Queen or King at the time is usually greatful, as it disrupts the order of the pride. Secretly entering Akkadia's cave, as either a cub or outsider who has not undergone the Ritual of the Wyrm's Blessing or as a dissatisfied lesser lion, can lead to disastrous results.
If the trespasser makes it too the crystal, one of three events will occur. Having not purified themselves through the ritual, the Crystal may judge them not worthy of a chance at Wyrmlinghood and mark them forever as trespassers with a scar on their forehead that will never heal. The Crystal may determine the lion as still worthy of such a reward, and grant them the power of a Wyrmling--in this case they must join the pride with full honor, despite their trespass. In the third case, most often encountered in the rare case of a stolen second trial, the Crystal may erupt in rage and strike the lion dead on the spot.
[220 words]

[150 exp]
Last edited by QueenOfWyrms on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:42 am

A19
*on hold for lions*
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 am

A20
The Pride of Blessings takes celebrations very seriously, and one should avoid mixing up celebration and ceremony with them. They celebrate a birth with many gifts and--when possible--food, and death with stories of the departed lion in the light of the their pyre. They celebrate the abundance in Plenty by partaking of it in many grand feasts, and each year they celebrate the end of Hunger with a special dance. Weddings are celebrated with family and friends, apart from the public ceremony officiated by the Queen or King. Graduation into adulthood is celebrated in two ways, a lesser lion in a small gathering set up by parents and friends, and a Wyrmling in a royally-sponsored event before they are taken aside for a small ceremony wherein their mentor is chosen. When a great trouble of some sort which is not usual has ended, the Queen or King gives a speech before the whole pride, personally presiding over a celebration representative of the trouble the pride endured. When the previous Queen or King dies, their death is especially honored in celebration--the greatest insult to a lion is to refuse to celebrate their death--and their prescribed heir is coronated, resulting in a coronation celebration the following day, a day free of work and chore.
[212 words]

[150 exp]
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:04 am