HW- The Clan of the Moonlight Fields - Leveling Prompts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

HW- The Clan of the Moonlight Fields - Leveling Prompts

Postby hawkfire102 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:32 pm

The Territory

The Clan of the Moonlit Fields has an interesting territory layout. The camp is pressed up against a steep mountain slope that is covered in a small forest cluster. Beyond this little forest cluster lies a giant mire. It spans all the way across to a neighboring mountain range. There are more forest clusters sprinkled between the two mountain ranges with some larger bodies of water alongside some of them. The biggest one, Serpent's lake, lays in the north of the territory. At night is when the territory lives up to its name. When the sky is clear, the moon lights up the scattered bodies of water, making the area look like a field of liquid moonlight.

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

1 -> 2 Leveling Prompts

Postby hawkfire102 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:07 pm

G1

G2
The Clan of the Moonlight Fields makes their home in a small grove of trees that are pressed up against one of the two mountain ranges. This is one of the very few places that have solid ground to sleep upon. That being said, any amount of rain can make the camp flood since they are so close to the mire. They have shifted a lot of dirt to make elevated pathways in case of rain. For when there are heavy rains, they have rocks positioned for leaping across. The dens themselves and hollow logs stacked together carefully with moss and ferns woven in the cracks to keep the elements out. The dens are primarily made of moss and any bird feather that they can find out in the territory. Since the mud in this territory is dangerous, they do have a secondary camp further into the mountains. This secondary camp is in a small cave. There is no separation of dens like the mire camp with an exception. Warriors, apprentices, elders, everyone stays in the same area. The ground is covered in heavy layers of moss to keep them warm and to keep themselves off the cold, rocky ground. There is only one exception is a makeshift nursery made out of a log.

G4
The ecosystem of their territory is pretty diverse. Near their camp with a mixture of a forest and mountain biome, there is a wide array of prey. Mostly lizards, various birds, and the occasional mouse and vole. Into the mire is a different story. The mire is home to so many species of fish that it is a treasure trove of prey for the clan to thrive on. An apprentice can be lucky to get a fish their size to feed the entire camp for the day.

But it is not without its dangers. The mire is also home to many dangerous predators. Poisonous snakes lurk in the tall grass that threatens even the strongest and fittest warrior. The waters are home to caiman that are waiting to catch a cat off guard. These two predators can be caught as prey if the warrior or apprentice is skilled enough.

The biggest threat to the clans are the mountain lions, eagles, and hawks. The mountain lions easily threaten the clan in both of their camps. It can be driven away but that takes a large number of cats and doesn't guarantee survival. The mire poses another threat in the sky. The eagles and hawks of the area are very watchful to any cat that isn't aware of what's above them.

G6
The cats of the Moonlight Fields are very cautious of strangers. The area they live in is very secluded so it is out of the ordinary for them to get visitors. But that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Their view on them does differ depending on where the cat is from.

They are more willing to help out and give shelter to a pet cat over a rogue. They know that the territory they live in is very dangerous and any cat that is unfamiliar with the terrain they want to help. They know from experience one misstep and the mud can claim you so the soft pet cats are given more hospitality.

That doesn't mean they are downright hostile to rogues. They deserve some respect for surviving out in the mire on their own. But that is also the exact reason why they are hesitant to let them into their camp, even if its for a night.

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2 -> 3 Level Prompts

Postby hawkfire102 » Mon May 25, 2020 7:24 am

Write this cat’s background story, how did they come to be a member of the group? If they were born into it, how did their feelings towards the group change as they matured?
300 word minimum

C5 - Fallenmoon (250 exp)

C5- Mallardtuft (250 exp)

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups