Pekee Pamoja Pride from Ukumbi wa Paradiso

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Store - Writing Prompt S10

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:05 pm

S10 : Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference. (250 word minimum)

The air had a chill and the floor was covered in a light blanket of snow. Both evidence of the storm last night. If the weather was a tad warmer it might have snowed, but being in the northern region it had snowed instead. Tambika was still new to the area. There weren't many others in the pride. At least not the pride in the region. It was a sub pride of the larger Pekee Pamoja. Lord Kamili was nice, welcoming her into the pride when she had wandered into the region borders. His brother Kito was a knight. She'd already put him in his place when he came on to her. Tishala was a scout and was actually the one who had taken Tambika to Kamili. There was also the hunter Nea but the rumor was she was going to be transferring to the valley. Apparently she has some kind of thing going on with the boy's oldest brother, Zuberi. The smooth furred lioness was currently wandering around trying to get a better idea of her new home. She had taken the role of courier. It was her job to relay messages from Msitu wa Baridi to Ukumbi wa Paradiso. When telling the lord what her skills were, it seemed being swift was useful to this particular rank that they were in need of. Her thoughts strayed as she walked but stopped suddenly at the sight of color. Vivid purple flowers were just sprouting out of the thin layer of snow. The cold did get to her at times, her fur being a bit thin. Seeing the flowers bloom despite the cold made her think of how she should be able to survive it too. Stepping forward, she picked one of the flowers and placed it behind her ear. After taking a deep breath, she continued on her travels with her head held high and a smile on her face.
(321 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:37 pm

S10 : Use this random image generator to write a story about one of your lions. Link to the image somewhere for reference. (250 word minimum)

It's happening. The seer smiled as she spotted the vibrant orange lilies. She had left the valley to find something to get Naigh. The ceremony between her son and her new daughter-in-law was to take place in two days. She was proud of her son for how he had grown and who he had grown to be. Her smile faltered as she thought of her other cubs. Surely they were doing just as well. Hopefully. A feeling of warmth grew in her chest and she could only assume that meant her other children were fine. Her concerns temporarily sated, she continued with her task. She picked one of the flowers but something urged her to pick more. After picking four the feeling faded. She gave a smirk. "Four blossoms. Very interesting."
    Gathering the lilies, she made her way back to the valley. Khamisi would be busy with the other knights so she could talk with Naigh alone. No doubt Sikudhani would be there. The healer had adopted the abandoned cub herself but often left her with Nuru when she was busy. Nuru didn't mind. She had taken Faraji under her wing so to speak when he was a cub. Nuru saw a lot of herself in Naigh. Perhaps that was a subconscious reason Khamisi had picked her. She noticed the healer by her designated spot with Sikudhani, as expected, and approached.
    "Good afternoon, Naigh."
    The healer turned and smiled. "Oh! Good afternoon, Nuru. I wasn't expecting you today. I would've cleaned up a bit."
    "Nonsense, child. I wanted to give you these." She offered the bouquet of flowers.
    "They're beautiful."
    "I wanted to get you something before the mating ceremony." The seer picked up on the healer's embarrassment, her tail twitching and her head tilting to avoid eye contact. "I want you to know that if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. We're going to be family in a couple of days and I already think of you as my own. Khamisi talks about you often when he visits with me."
    Naigh smiles sweetly. "Thank you, Nuru. It means a lot to me. I hope you'll be there for the ceremony."
    "I wouldn't miss it for the world."
(370 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Soundless. Colorless. No scents. Only sight. A dream. A river that was rushing by but without so much as a trickle could be heard. His paws carried him next to the river, trying to find its destination. It seems endless. The water flowed for miles and miles. If this was real, surely he'd be exhausted. The terrain grew rocky. The river became harder to follow but he was determined. He was unsure where he was going. There was no control as he picked up his pace despite the difficult land he was traversing. He had almost slipped a few times, almost falling into the river that was quick enough to cause spray. No doubt it would be deafening in reality. As he ran, he could feel himself getting hot. The exertion in the dream was carrying into the living world, his paws beginning to sweat and his fur feeling warm. Running. Running. Always running and never reaching the end. His legs burned. Faster. Faster. Only the water could outpace him. How much farther? He had to reach the end. He had to find out where the river was taking him. But the farther he went, the more it hurt. Faster. Harder. Run. Run. Run.

Jabali wakes with a gasp, his mane feeling hot and heavy. His breathing was hard, his heartbeat quick. This wasn't the first time he'd had this dream. Or a nightmare. It wasn't common but it was one he recognized. He didn't know what it meant. What was he supposed to do? What else could he do? He closed his eyes and took deep, calming breathes trying to slow his racing heart.
    "Jabali?" He turned to see Firyali, the Founding Queen. The lioness he was now sworn to protect. She looked at him with concern. "Sorry. It seemed like you were distressed."
    "Oh. Just a dream. Sorry to wake you, ma'am."
    She shook her head with a small smile. "No need to apologize. And, please, Firyali is fine."
    He nodded. "As you wish. Firyali."
(337 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:41 am

Sounds of the jungle could be heard. Birds chirping. Monkeys whooping. Insectes chittering. Water was rushing in the distance. Jahori was walking in the Kuni za Mkondo region. Being a civilian meant she didn't have responsibilities. She was still upset her parents had told the king to keep her out of rank. It annoyed her how she was treated like a child. Being away from the pride gave her some space from reality. It might seem difficult and rather contradictory, but the noisy chorus of the jungle helped her think. She closed her eyes tightly as she stopped walking.
    How could they do this to me? I'm perfectly capable of doing any job required of a rank. I can hunt. I can scout. I'd make a decent guard or knight. Why did they have to interfere? Why do they insist on babying me? Because of my eye?
    She sighed. If she was going to do something with her life, she'd either have to prove her capabilities or... she'd have to leave. Everything she ever knew was here though. Her sister. Her four brothers. Her parents. Even if they had been the cause of this, she still loved them and wanted to be close. Her friends, not that there were many. Perhaps she could go to her brother Kamili. Being the lord of the northern region, he could grant her a rank. She knew the sub pride was in need of hunters. Especially with Nea transferring back to the valley. The huntress was wanting to be closer to Jahori's eldest brother Zuberi. They had recently discovered a mutual attraction to one another. Her eyes shot open as she took in her surroundings. The river was relatively calm beneath the dense foliage. With a nod of her head, she had made her decision. She was going to ask Kamili for a rank in his pride. Surely he'd grant it to her.
(319 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:13 pm

Firyali had allowed Jabali a few days to get adjusted to his new home and therefore relieved him of his duties. Currently, he was walking around the Kikoa cha Zamani region. This was the second region he had visited. Yesterday he had spent in Msitu wa Baridi region with the sub pride ran by Kamili. It was a cold region that he wasn't entirely fond of. The area he was in now was much more enjoyable. The air still had a chill due to the season, but on a positive note, there wasn't snow. He liked the area here. He wasn't sure what had drawn him to this valley but he got a feeling he would do great work here. He had proven to himself that he was better than the curse made him out to be. The mask on his face proved it. Telling the ruling king and queen of his skills, they decided he would make an excellent guard. Specifically to the founding queen.
    A rustling noise had him pausing, his ears swiveling to locate the source. Fully alert, he rushed ahead to find it. The land was mostly open and flat with a few trees here and there. That made it much easier to spot the source. Once again stopping he spotted a lioness. Tigress? A female feline who seemed to be basking in the grass. Her fur seemed brighter in the sun, almost glowing. There were dozens of dandelions surrounding her as well. She hadn't seemed to notice him. Or at least didn't let on that she noticed him.
    "Can I help you with something?" The harsh tone contrasted with the softness of her natural voice. It took him by surprise.
    "Sorry. I don't mean to stare. I just wasn't expecting to run into someone out here." When she turned her face he could tell she was in fact a lioness despite her markings and fluffier appearance. "I'm Jabali, a member of the Pekee Pamoja pride in the valley."
    "Ah. A pleasure, Jabali. I'm Chausiku but you can call me Siku. I currently don't have a pride. I like to wander."
(355 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Khamisi would often catch Naigh beaming at him and she would often catch him returning the infectious grins. A blade of Napier grass was wrapped around his right paw and her left paw. It had taken them a little bit to figure out how to move with their paws connected, but it was a rather quick adjustment once they had found a way. Their joining ceremony had finished only a few hours ago and they were required to wear this knot for twenty-four hours. They were currently wandering toward the Maeneo ya Kufa region. The sky was dark as night began to settle in, but the presence of a storm could be felt. The two newly mated lions were obviously giddy. When they reached the dirt of the region, they slowed their pace. Naigh leaned into Khamisi as they walked.
    "I think it's really great you brought us back here."
    "Oh? How's that?"
    She pulled away to give him a look. "You mean it wasn't intentional to take us back to the place where you asked me to be yours?"
    "Well." He gave her a sly smile. "Maybe that was my plan."
    She pushed into him again making him stumble a little bit. It made her topple a bit however due to them being connected. The couple chuckled together as they leaned on one another affectionately. A crack of thunder caught their attention. Off in the distance, they could see lightning and evidence of rain over the desert.
    "I always loved storms. I think they're beautiful."
    Khamisi turned to give Naigh a kiss on her cheek. "I think you're beautiful."
    "You're such a sap," she said with a chuckle. Leaning over, she gave him a kiss of her own. "And I love you for it."
(295 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:25 am

It had been a couple of days since the ceremony so Naigh and Khamisi no longer had the grass tied around their front paws. They were still in that honeymoon phase but they still had roles in the pride that needed attending. Spending the last few days in the edges of the deadlands might not seem ideal, but to the couple, it was the perfect place for them. They had a history here. They were just starting to make their way back to the valley when the sight of a lone hyena stopped Naigh in her tracks. She knew the pride had a very strict view of hyenas but this one looked...sick.
    "Khamisi." She spoke softly. "Look."
    He turned and tensed but looked back at Naigh and caught sight of her look. "Naigh. No."
    "What if she's hurt?"
    "It's too risky."
    "I'm a healer, Khamisi. I'm morally obligated to help anyone who needs it." He grimaced even as she nudged him affectionately. "Besides, I've got one of the best knights in the pride by my side and I know he won't let anything happen to me."
    His mouth twitched slightly into a small grin. "Fine. Just now I still don't like this."
    They approached the hyena slowly.
    "Are you alright?" The healer called out softly but still, the hyena jumped at the sound. The look of surprise was quickly replaced with one of annoyance.
    "Like you would help me. Your kind despises me."
    "I don't. Let me help you." She was given a skeptical look but slowly approached the hyena.
    "Naigh, please-"
    "I'll be fine, Khamisi." The lioness got closer and noticed there was a rather large gash on the hyena's arm. "I can help with that but you'll need to come with me."
    "You really think that's a good idea?"
    "I can make a run for my supplies if you wish to stay here instead," she said to Khamisi.
    He took a moment to contemplate it then gave a quick nod. "Make it quick."
    With a nod, Naigh headed toward the valley. The hyena watched for a while before turning to the knight. "She's different. Kind."
    "Yes, she is."
(360 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:26 am

Zuberi tossed and turned as he tried to sleep. With a sigh, he gave up. He felt restless. With a sigh, he stood up and began to wander the valley. The sky was lit up brightly with stars. Perhaps the fresh air would help. Silhouettes of the few rocks that littered the plains could be seen against the night sky. That wasn't the only thing he could see. There was someone else out here.
    "Couldn't sleep?"
    The other lion seemed to turn his direction but it was dark and he was too far away to see who it was.
    "Zuberi? Is that you?"
    He recognized that voice.
    "Nea?" The two got closer and he could see it was Nea. "What are you doing up?"
    She shrugged. "I guess it's like you said. Couldn't sleep."
    "Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. What are you doing out here?"
    "I like looking at the stars. It helps me relax." She tilts her head up at the sky. "They're beautiful, aren't they?"
    Zuberi looked up at the sky and nodded. "Yeah. They are beautiful. I don't usually see this many." The dark lion chuckled. "I suppose that's because I'm rarely up and out this late."
    "Honestly I'm not usually up this late either. But it's nice to be able to see the sky like this." The two sat in a comfortable silence as they looked at the stars. Nea gave a sigh of content. When Zuberi looked at her, she spoke up again. "When I was a cub, my father liked to show me constellations. That one there-" she lifted a paw to point out a cluster of stars. "That's the constellation Leo. It was one of his favorites."
(285 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt D2

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:03 pm

D2 : Write a 400 word scene/story of your choosing involving your pride members

"You're doing great, Naigh. Just take deep breaths." Khamisi smiled sympathetically at his mate as she lay in the grass. She was practically panting only stopping to groan or moan in discomfort when a contraction would hit. The second greatest day of his life was here and about to be official at any moment. His mother was doing her best to help Naigh with anything she needed. She wasn't a healer by any means but with the healer currently being the one in labor, there wasn't anyone else to really do the job. The knight did what he could, offering encouraging words and occasionally pressing his forehead to hers affectionately. She gave him a small smile in between grunts. He looked to his mother, concerned. "Update?"
    "Relax. She's doing fine. Excellent, even. She's going to need to stand before long."
    "What?! Why?"
    "Khamisi-" He looked to Naigh, anxiously awaiting her words. "It's fine. Standing... makes it easier."
    He let out a deep breath. "Alright. Okay. If that's what you need, we'll make it happen." Leaning in again, he gave her cheek a soft kiss. She felt warm. He couldn't understand how she could be so calm through all this. He was going crazy! This wasn't like anything he'd ever experienced before. As far as he knew, this was a first for her as well. He must have lingered longer than he thought because he felt her moving. Pulling back, he offered her help to stand in a hunched position.
    "Alright, Naigh. Whenever you're ready, you start pushing." Nuru stood back a little bit as Khamisi stood right by her side, encouraging her with gentle nudges and licks.
    It seemed like time was stalling until the first cub arrived. Then time stopped. Khamisi's heart felt like it could burst. Here beside him was his beautiful mate who was doing the most beautiful thing in the world: giving birth to their children. The cub was a girl. He took a shaky breath as he smiled brightly. Naigh returned the smile and took a moment to clean the cub.
    "Sanaa. Her name should be Sanaa."
    He had barely gotten the words out when Naigh had started with the next session of pushing. The next two were almost out at the same time. If he had thought his heart was full before, it was practically ripping at the seams now. His chest puffed out slightly in pride at seeing the family he had created. Another girl and a boy. They both looked like their mother with a soft brown coat.
    "You should name them."
    With a breathy chuckle, she nodded her head. "Alright." She took a moment to contemplate. "I like Subira."
    "Subira. I like it too. And for our son?"
    Another moment to consider. "Ashura."
    "Sanaa, Subira, and Ashura." Khamisi beamed but it faltered slightly as he noticed her pushing again. Another one? It was equally exciting and surprising to see the fourth cub. Another boy. His smile returned to full capacity as he said a name. "Elewisa."
    Naigh took a moment to nestle beside the cubs, cleaning them all up as they got situated to eat. Khamisi lay curled up behind her as he looked at the four cubs. She turned to give him a sweet kiss on his mane to which he responded with a soft nuzzle of his head. "You are incredible. I love you. I love you and our little family."
    She giggled softly, evidently exhausted from the labor. "I love you and our little family too."
(589 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Writing Prompt D8

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:37 am

D8 : Write a description of two pride member’s relationship (150 word minimum)

Firyali has always been very reserved. Though she often kept to herself, she always had big ideas. One of the reasons she's the founder. She knew she'd never have the ability to lead but that never stopped her from following through with other dreams she had, such as finding a place to start a pride for anyone who needed a home. The first to join her cause was Tendaji. A charismatic lion with bright ideas and who could be very persuasive. She had heard of him before. Just before leaving her home pride, there was talk of a lion that had been called Anayeshawishi. He had talked a pack of hyenas out of war with his own home pride. It was a feat that many found near impossible, the long standing tension between the two species well known. She was impressed by the story and even more so to see it in person. His first day in the land he talked some hyenas out of the region. Beyond impressions of who he was or is, as they spent time together, she came to respect him. It wasn't lost on her that he was trying to be friends. He spent a lot of time with her, often asking to do tasks together. She was flattered but didn't think someone like him would really be interested in a lioness like herself. She was shy and indecisive. She didn't think anything was special about her.
(242 Words)
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me