𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒏 { α΅£α΅’β‚›β‚‘ } writing prompts

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒍𝒂𝒏 { α΅£α΅’β‚›β‚‘ } writing prompts

Postby houndjaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:28 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" adventure is worthwhile "
! please do not post !
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

this is where i will store my writing for completed prompts and challenges
          link to valeclan main thread here

|
|
|
|
|
╔═════════════════════╗
xx Ρ•hΡ”/hΡ”r | Ξ±dult
xxgo read hunter's unlucky
xxby abigail hilton and
xxmaybe you'll calm down

Imagexxx

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
houndjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

writing scenes

Postby houndjaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Written Scenes Completed ;
      geyser meets flicker wrote:synopsis ;; flicker is invited to join valeclan (276 words)
      writing ;; geyser sat alone, letting his thoughts marinate as he aimlessly shuffled around a pine cone at his feet. the weather was getting colder with each passing day, and he knew soon that there would be stragglers coming in from all different directions looking for over-wintering shelter and good food. but when? when would they show? would they even be open to the idea of participating in clan life? these thoughts clouded his mind, so much that he was entirely distracted from the presence of another cat trotting wearily up to the clearing where he sat.

a voice jolted him from his speculations. "you're that strange cat talkin' about clans, aren't'cha?" he spotted a hefty calico molly standing hesitantly at the edge of the trees, nose and ears at curious attention. "the one looking for new recruits?"

geyser was shocked by her forwardness, and stumbled on his words. "er, yes," he began. "well, i'm mostly looking to start a clan. are...you interested?"

the molly paced forward a bit, sniffing the ground around her and spying the new dens off to the side. temptation gleamed in her hopeful golden eyes. "if you'll have me," she mewed, smiling. "my name is flicker. after the bird."

geyser beamed, excitement tingling at his paws. "my name is geyser stone, or just geyser if you prefer. we have plenty of room and prey available, just find whatever you want and you're free to it. all i ask is for devotion and hard work."

flicker thought for a moment, then nodded. "easy enough!" she looked around, then spoke again. "now, how do we go about getting more cats to join?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

geyser and the counsel wrote:synopsis ;; analyzing the relationship between geyser and the counsel (238 words)
      writing ;; before geyser stone was entrusted as chief of valeclan, he was a strong, reliable claw despite his young age. he was a favorite among the older members of the clan, who realized his potential. the chief from before his rule took favor to geyser, and began training him up as his successor, much to the chagrin of those who did not want to see him in power. but geyser relented, and became stronger under the guidance of the counsel members and past chief.

when the time finally came to choose another chief, the decision came down between geyser and an older, more experienced claw who was favored among the majority of valecats. after much discussion, the counsel put it to a vote - with half the claws voting for geyser, and the other half for the opposing member. it all came down to the counsel. after much more deliberation, they decided on geyser.

all in all, their relationship has been quite pleasant. he deliberates with the members and upholds their advice with great respect. he inwardly views all of them as higher than himself due to their age and overall experience, but also understands that in the end his word is ultimately law. he tries to remain unbiased when discussing things with them, but relies on their opinions heavily. the counsel is content under geyser's rule, and are happy that the members of the clan has settled under him.

geyser breeding prompt wrote:synopsis ;; geyser meets anais, a damsel in distress (795 words)
      writing ;; geyser stone had been feeling stressed for a long, long time. he couldn't remember a time when he was not being burdened with the roles of clan chief. someone was always wanting something. and although he enjoyed his position, geyser couldn't help but feel that he was being squeezed to his limit. something had to give.

that something came in a way that was unpredictable. geyser was wandering the territory by himself, a rule that he had made to ensure that his clanmates' safety. the tom was attempting to get a better understanding of the land, unclouded by others' presences, when he noticed a peculiar scent in the air. an unknown cat? in the vale? how odd...he thought as he pursued the smell.

he came across a wide stretch of land west of the camp, just past the breezy downs where the large grazing animals browsed. the prairie-land stretched on past his eyesight and into the horizon, and he squinted against the setting sun that lit the field ablaze in tones of orange and red. geyser scented the air again as a breeze lifted the surrounding smells. deer...pronghorn...elk...faint meadow birds. and below all the earthy odors, a light, airy scent of a molly nearby.

geyser swiveled as the underbrush behind him shivered. his claws scraped the dirt, and his fur pricked until it was on end. he was fully prepared to face whatever decided to prey upon him. but instead, what stepped from the shadows was a petite cat. her ribs were presented like a toothy grin, and the gaunt look on her face echoed exhaustion and desperation.

she trembled as she spoke. "i-i don't mean to cause any trouble," she mewed. "i need help. i'm starving and can't hunt."

geyser's eyebrows furrowed and he sheathed his claws. "of course, we would be happy to help. i will bring you back to my clan. what do they call you?" he began to pad back toward the camp, one eye remaining on the molly as she limped after him. she was weaker than she looked, if that was even possible.

"anais," she responded through breathless gasps. "i come from the unfurred town. i was a pet before i was ran out by a gang of ferals." at this point, her voice became choked and she struggled to get out the next sentence. "they killed my brother."

geyser frowned. "i'm...sorry to hear that." silence followed until they reached the camp, which was buzzing lazily with last minute activities before nightfall. a few vale cats were alerted by anais' presence, and followed her as she passed with geyser. "don't worry about them," he murmured. "i will explain to them later."

they continued walking until coming to a secluded den at the edge of camp, which was predominantly used for sick or ailing cats. as soon as they entered the den, anais collapsed into the nest with a heavy huff. "thank you. you haven't told me your name yet."

"it's geyser stone. chief geyser stone. but you can call me geyser." with that, the tom exited. after a few words shared with the counsel members, who had materialized outside the den, prey was fetched for the starving molly and brought in to her. the night went on with anais resting comfortably, and by morning she was in much better shape.

though most cats were hesitant of her being there, the reassurance from their chief put their troubled thoughts at ease. and anais was more than eager to attempt to fit in with clan life, which thrilled geyser to bits. they were always in need of capable - though inexperienced - claws.

it was just a matter of time before the two grew to be very close, and within moons the two had confessed their love. geyser had never had a mate or love life before, but anais brought out something in him that made everyday life worth living. he no longer felt the pressure of being chief, and thrived under her attention. anais loved him, as well, admitting that though he was not the first tom she had loved, this was the truest love she had ever felt.

and just like that, after six moons of anais being a vale cat, she became pregnant with geyser stone's kits. she was progressing slowly, though, and the dames of the clan were worried about her health as it declined. every cat was worried that the kits would be lost. when it was time for her to give birth, anais' life was lost after a series of complications. her kits, however, survived, and were handed down to geyser stone. he decidedly gave them to the dames and queens of the nursery, who reared his kits with the understanding that he was their true father.
houndjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

writing scenes

Postby houndjaw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:40 am

Written Scenes Completed ;
      the young prodigy wrote:synopsis ;; a look at the vale's healer, young celandine (248 words)
      writing ;; before celandine arrived to the vale, the clan cats were a bit worse for wear. they were not a medicine-oriented people, and though they had the great luck of not being sick or wounded that often, they still needed a healer. as tradition follows, each cat must have approximate herb and healing knowledge. but when celandine arrived with her bountiful information on the native herbs, they could not turn her away. she is young, and inexperienced in many ways of life. but her past has created a love for medicine, and so she takes up the role as healer when the need arises.

as far as religion goes, celandine is not a big believer in her ancestors sending signs or prophecies. she believes that they exist, just not in the material world. and they certainly do not control dreams or visions. when confronted on her beliefs, she becomes very defensive and claims that this is because she was raised outside of clan belief. whatever the reason, celandine is a skeptical cat.

under pressure, celandine does well not to falter or hesitate. in the face of danger, she is focused on the problem at hand and refuses to let her emotion overwhelm her decisions. for this, she is in the making to become a great claw and an even better lead healer. sickness, blood, and the like do not faze her in the slightest, as she has had a lot of experience caring for the sick in the past.

laurel's hesitance wrote:synopsis ;; laurel graduates into a tenderfoot (231 words)
      writing ;; laurel's paws trembled, and the breath caught in her throat with every sharp inhale. excitement shook her heart, making her feel as if she had just ran laps around the entire territory.

"...and then you will want to make sure you introduce yourself," elm shine's voice came back into focus, jolting laurel out of her stupor. she blinked up at the older cat, who was just finishing up smoothing down the kit's spiky fur.

"yes, elm," laurel mewed. but she still felt distracted, and struggled to comprehend elm's speech as she continued. thoughts were running a mile a minute in her brain, and nothing could be pinned down except for one reoccurring point: what if her new denmates did not like her?

laurel struggled to gulp as her throat began to close up. nervous energy was pricking at her paws now, and all she wanted to do was get the situation over with. hesitantly, she stood to her paws and looked up at elm. "i-i think i'm ready," came her anxious reply.

in a few moments, she would be a tenderfoot. she would not be a kit any longer, coddled by those much older and experienced than her. finally, she would get to learn everything herself!

with a final burst of energy, laurel pushed forward into the den to formally greet her peers and what would soon become her best friends.

|
|
|
|
|
╔═════════════════════╗
xx Ρ•hΡ”/hΡ”r | Ξ±dult
xxgo read hunter's unlucky
xxby abigail hilton and
xxmaybe you'll calm down

Imagexxx