VOK prompt storage

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

S2

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:33 am

dark river pride
Write about a harsh lesson or major turning point/change one of your lions received in their life. As a cub, or adult. Explain why it impacted them, and how they changed as a result. What would they have been like if it didn’t happen?
S2
[748/500]
two points

"Amaya, come on!" Naida called, bouncing through the rolling hills. "You're such a slow poke! They should call you Snail instead of Amaya!"

"You're gonna regret saying that!" Amaya called playfully to her sister, racing towards her and tackling her. The two lionesses laughed loudly, their joy echoing through the territory.

The young lionesses tussled and rolled around, playfully growling and nipping at each other. The sun was beginning to set, but neither of them payed any attention to it. Before they knew it, it was dark, and the crickets were out singing.

Amaya stretched out on the grass, panting. She was tired from play wrestling with her older sister, who was much bigger than her and much stronger as well. The light grey lioness joined her sister on the soft grass and leaned against her, staring up at the shining stars.

"It's so pretty out here at night," Naida mumbled to her sister. "I wonder why father forbids all of us to leave the camp at night. It's so beautiful! How would you not want to see this view?"

"Yeah I know right!" Amaya chirped in agreement. Her wide pupils reflected the shining stars up above. She was breathless as she admired them.

All was calm, and there was a moment of peace. The only sound was that of the crickets chirping, and frogs croaking, trying to see who could be the loudest. A rustling in the tall grasses alerted both of the young lionesses, and they both sat up, alarmed. They looked at each other in confusion. What was that? A low growling rumbled through the night, and the sisters were terrified.

"Who dares to intrude on my territory?" A voice snarled. It was a voice like no other. It was low, and broken sounding. "Show yourselves or I'll force you to!"

The two lionesses stood up, their legs shaking. They stood side by side, looking around for the source of the voice. Who was that? A lion certainly could not make that sort of growl. A large black dog-like creature emerged from the tall grass. Scars covered its pelt, and its eyes were a dark red.

"Lions," It growled in disdain. "I thought I made a deal with your leader. He told me he wouldn't let anyone come on my territory! Liar!"

The large black dog launched itself at Amaya. It was much bigger than both of the lionesses, even bigger than a full grown male lion. The canine pinned the dark furred lioness down, snarling in her face.

"Wait!" Naida screamed out. "Please don't kill her! Kill me! It was my idea to stay out here, don't punish her for something that's her fault."

"Naida, no!" Amaya wailed, squirming under the beast's grasp. It snapped and barked at her as a result.

"Why shouldn't I just kill you both?" It snarled, its long claws starting to dig into Amaya's shoulders.

"Because we didn't know any better!" Naida argued. "Please, don't hurt my little sister!"

"Oh, so you're sisters?" The beastly creature spat out, its tone laced with venom. "Why don't I make you a deal, little lioness? In exchange for your sister's life and your safety on the way back home, you give me your eyesight."

"What?" Naida was dumbfounded. What did it mean? How could she give it her eyesight?

"You will give me your eyesight," It repeated, a low growl rumbling in its throat. It moved its disfigured paw onto Amaya's throat and began to put pressure on it.

"Okay, okay!" Naida screamed, wanting to stop the sound of her sisters struggled gasps. "I'll make the deal with you."

The large black wolf-dog jumped off of Amaya and pushed her aside. A sick grin slid across its scarred muzzle and with one large paw, it knocked Naida in the side of the head, hitting her so hard that she grew unconscious.

"Naida, Naida, please," She heard a strained whisper.

The silver lioness opened her eyes, but all she saw was darkness. Gasps rung out all around her and an angry growl rumbled to her left.

"You foolish child!" Naida heard her father say. "How could you let her make a deal with that vile demon?"

"I-I didn't know, dad!" Amaya sobbed.

Naida had given up her sight for Amaya. She had given up her life. She could no longer return to her hunter duties. She could never see again. Was it worth it?

Naida closed her eyes again, sighing.

Yes, it was.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Aoi

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 am

dark river pride
Write 3 positive traits about your lion, and 3 negative ones
P2
50 exp

Positive
sweet, lighthearted, friendly

Negative
can't be serious, not very smart, easily distracted
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Lucia

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:51 am

dark river pride
P2
50 exp

Positive
smart, quick thinker, strong willed

Negative
emotionally closed off, blunt, strict
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Maximus

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:56 am

dark river pride
P2
50 exp

Positive
easy going, friendly, calm

Negative
lazy, thinks everything is a joke, can't be serious at all
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Naida

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:01 am

dark river pride
P2
50 exp

Positive
care free, loving, kind

Negative
worries too much, anxious, strict
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P2 - Thalia

Postby epilogue » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:16 am

dark river pride
P2
50 exp

Positive
hard working, loving, positive

Negative
a pushover, easily confused and manipulated, doesn't care about her own well being
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A19

Postby epilogue » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:57 am

dark river pride
What is your prides “Battle” tradition? War paint? A war dance? Prayers to a god for good luck?
A19
[231/200]
150 exp

The Dark River pride is strongly against conflict, they hate it. When they are getting ready for a battle, the whole pride will gather together in the middle of camp and pray silently. Usually the fighters will stand with the hunters, and then the other members such as queens and veterans and cubs stand behind them. Then, the shaman and the shaman apprentice will bless the fighters by rubbing lavender on them and tucking it behind their ears. After this, they will go on to bless the hunters, who are the back up fighters during a battle. They will adorn the hunters with flowers as a sign of good luck.

The pride prays to their ancestors for good luck and for help during the battle. They ask their creators to watch over them and make sure that everyone stays safe. Battle preparation is usually very quiet, deathly quiet. The cubs are then ushered into the nursery and kept there with the queens and veterans. The veterans and queens try to distract the cubs so they aren't worried about what is going on outside of the camp.

When the lions come up to the battle field, they say nothing to their opponents. They keep a straight, blank face and stare their enemies right in the eyes. This is an intimidation tactic that has been used in the pride for years upon years.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A20

Postby epilogue » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 am

dark river pride
How does your pride celebrate? What do they celebrate?
A20
[283/200]
150 exp

The Dark River pride celebrates many things. They celebrate the winter solstice, becoming a hunter/fighter, becoming a shaman, becoming queen/king, becoming mates, and retiring to the veteran's den.

The Winter Solstice celebration is like christmas to the Dark River pride. They have a tale of a large, ghostly lion who comes and delivers a wonderful feast for the whole pride each day. The camp is decorated with holly and other flowers, as well as the cubs will play with snow and play games.

Becoming a hunter or fighter is when a cub officially becomes a full grown lion and is officially accepted into the pride. They must stay silent for the whole night and they must pick a plant to represent them.

Becoming a shaman is a very important tradition. It's very sacred and respected. The shaman apprentice must prove their worth to the pride before they become a full shaman. Once they do so, they must contact their ancestors and get their blessing. Finally, they will pick an herb to represent them.

Becoming the queen or king is very special. When a lion becomes the leader of the pride, they must meet with their ancestors to see if they are worthy of becoming the ruler, they will then be initiated into the position with a glorious ceremony. After that, there's a wonderful feast.

When two lions become mates, the pride celebrates by weaving flowers into their nests. While its a small tradition, its still important to the pride.

When a lion retires to the veteran's den, they are rewarded by kind words of their companions, and then given the best catch of the day. The other veterans welcome them warmly.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A21

Postby epilogue » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:34 am

dark river pride
What kind of flora thrives in your pride’s territory?
A21
[206/200]
150 exp

The Dark River pride lives in a warm and wet forest with many woodland plants and flowers. Many different kinds of trees grow around, included oak trees, pine trees, and maple trees. These trees create a shade over a majority of the territory. There is one large area with very few trees. This is a large grassy field where the grass is so overgrown that it can come up to a full grown male lion's shoulders. In between the grasses are small patches of tall dandelions and ferns, as well as some rotting logs covered in moss and mushrooms. Small mushrooms and other fungi grow on the roots of the trees, especially the older ones. Small wild flowers of many colors litter the ground as well, and are often picked as small decorations. Many useful herbs for healing also grow in the territory. Some of these herbs will be picked out of the ground and planted in camp. In dire cases, these herbs are boiled in hot spring water and made into a tea for healing remedies. A shaman must travel to the mountains to the hot springs for this. Sometimes they will boil many teas and then transport them back to camp and store them.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P7- Aelius

Postby epilogue » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:08 am

dark river pride
What does this pride member’s name mean (if it has a meaning) and how does it represent them?
P7
75 exp
[114/100]

The name Aelius means sun. It comes from the Greek word helios. Aelius was named for the bright orange patches that appear on his coat. He was told that it reminded his mother of the sun peaking through dark storm clouds, ready to bring light to the land once more. Aelius' personality also fits his name very well. He's bright and cheerful, and always tries to be positive and optimistic. As a cub, Aelius was nicknamed "Sunshine" because of his bright and kind personality. He's one big ray of sunshine, to put it simply. He's also a huge goofball, always laughing about one thing or another. His days are filled with happiness and excitement.
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me