SycamoreClan - Rise - Extra Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

SycamoreClan - Rise - Extra Writing

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:24 am

Welcome to Hawk's pain of getting all of the Rise writing in an organized manner.

Table of Contents:
WIP

Th: hawkfire102
Art Shop | Character Design Shop
hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 1 Scene: Meeting a Clan Mate

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:28 am

Meeting Owlpaw (As a kit)

Sycamorestar sighed in relief as he finished weaving all of the stick and fern leaves into his den. He made it around the sycamore tree in the middle of the camp and it was finally done. He stretched before padding over to the small fresh kill pile he had for himself.

Except it was noticeably smaller than earlier this morning.

He knelt down and sniffed the area. Sure enough, there was the scent of another, unfamiliar cat. He pinned his ears back and followed the scent. It didn't take him long to find the culprit but it wasn't what he was expecting.

It was a kit. The kit puffed up at his presence, trying to guard his stolen meal. Sycamorestar's ears went back slightly and he laid down where he was. The kit stared at him in confusion but slowly went back to his meal.

"Where are your parents?" Sycamorestar asked. The kit was taken back by this.

"I don't have any.." The kit replied.

"Would you like to stay with me? So you don't end up in a bad situation from stealing from others?" The kit looked down at his paws. He nodded after a moment. Sycamorestar smiled softly.

"Finish your meal and then I'll carry you back."

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 2 Scene: Relationship between Leader and Deputy

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 am

Relationship between Leader and Deputy

The relationship between Sycamorestar and Birchheart is complicated but in a good way. As Leader and Deputy, they work together in order to make sure their Clan grows strong. Both are willing to hear each other's side when it comes to important decisions and the options that are being presented. While it is impossible for anyone to always see eye to eye with each other, they try to make sure that the other is not talked down to if they do not think that their option is a good one during these important matters. If neither of them can agree, they will bring in a senior warrior and the medicine cat in to get new perspectives on the matter. Now as mates, these two are inseparable. While Sycamorestar tries to keep their private life private most of the time, Birchheart does not share that idea. He shows him with affection every time they see each other out. Sycamorestar may act as if it bothers him but he always leaves with a smile on his face.

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 2 Scene: Camp Scene

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:30 am

Camp Scene

It was a long few weeks but the camp was looking good. Sycamorestar was happy with the progress that they made, even though it had taken them so long with so many distractions. When Owlkit was brought back after stealing food, he was a ball of energy and so was Birchheart. He loved playing with the kit and it made Sycamorestar's heart flutter watching them. The only real-time that they made progress on all of the dens was when Owlkit was sleeping.

But now they had a home and with room to grow. His heart jumped at the thought. His attention was drawn to the large sleeping ball of fur next to him. Owlkit had grown quickly now that he had enough food in him. Sycamorestar was proud of how much he had grown. He watched as he started to wake up from his nap. Sycamorestar licked the top of his head, prompting him to wake faster. Owlkit blinked his eyes and stretched.

"What's going on?..." He asked.

"Birchheart should be back from hunting soon." He answered. Owlkit nodded and yawned.

As if on cue, Birchheart came through the camp entrance with three pieces of fresh kill. The smell seemed to wake Owlkit up more than what Sycamorestar could ever do and he quickly got up and bounded over to him. Sycamorestar shook his head and went over to greet his mate.

"Was the hunting good today?" He inquired.

"It was fine, it would just be good to not over hunt until we have to." Sycamorestar nodded in agreement. With that, they all settled down to eat. Owlkit quickly devoured his food and was happily washing off his face. Once they were finished, Birchheart and Sycamorestar exchanged glances, both nodding.

With that, Sycamorestar rose to his paws and made his way up to the first low branch of the sycamore tree.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highbranch for a Clan meeting." He announced. Owlkit looked up at him in confusion before looking at Birchheart. He nodded and rose to sit in the meeting spot.

"Owlkit, step forward."

Owlkit's confusion only grew but he approached him none the less.

"Owlkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Owlpaw. Your mentor will be Birchheart. I hope Birchheart will pass down all he knows on to you." Sycamorestar announced before turning to Birchheart.

"Birchheart, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from your former home in the twoleg place, and you have shown yourself to be loyal and courageous. You will be the mentor of Owlpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Owlpaw."

Birchheart rose and face Owlpaw. Owlpaw quickly scrambled to his paws, eyes wide with excitement, before Birchheart touched noses with him. After that, all the seriousness was broken as both Sycamorestar started chanting:

"Owlpaw! Owlpaw! Owlpaw!"

Owlpaw purred loudly as Sycamorestar rejoined them.

"This does mean no more naps when it's hunting time." Sycamorestar reminded him. Owlpaw looked at him shocked and pouted.

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Scene: Sycamorestar and Birchheart

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:31 am

Sycamorestar and Birchheart

Sycamorestar was always observant of his clan. He wasn't overbearing, just watchful. He was lax with his rules but he never wanted trouble so whenever he wasn't leading patrol or hunting, he was watching. Expect this time, he didn't notice Birchheart watching him. It was the springtime and one of the queens had just had kits. Sycamorestar was watching with a soft gaze as he watched them take their first steps outside of the nursery. Birchheart saw Sycamorestar's tail wrapped tighter around his paws as he watched the wobbly kits take in the world. It made his heart ache for his mate.
Long ago when they first started the Clan, they would talk about their lives before finding each other. Sycamorestar had told him that he used to be a kittypet and that he had gone to the Cutter. Birchheart could tell this bothered him, even more so when he saw him watching the kits. It didn't take a medicine cat to tell that there was nothing Sycamorestar wanted more than kits of his own.
Birchheart padded over to the medicine cat's den and poked his head in. The medicine cat was there, thankfully, and sorting through a new bundle of herbs.
"Can I talk to you for a moment?" Birchheart mewed. The medicine cat turned their head and smiled.
"Of course Birchheart, how can I help?" They answered. Birchheart went into the den and sat near them, tucking his tail over his paws.
"I was wondering if you knew anything about having kits..specifically for cats like me and Sycamorestar?" He asked awkwardly. They purred softly.
"Are they watching kits again?" Birchheart nodded. "I see, there were a few cats I've heard of that are in a similar situation such as yourselves. You just have to find a she-cat that's willing to have the kits for you. Though, I would talk to Sycamorestar about this before you go off to find one." They said with a playful sparkle in their eye.
"Thank you, I'll talk to him tonight." He bowed his head and pushed his way out of the den. He stopped short of the entrance to find Sycamorestar crouched down and surrounded by the new kits. He smiled softly as he watched them pounce on his mate and patting at his ears. This was the right choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun dipped below the top of the trees, the Clan members started to make their way out to the meadow. Birchheart quickly found Sycamorestar trailing behind to make sure the kits didn't get lost in the tall grass. He padded up beside his mate, brushing his fur against his to get his attention. Sycamorestar rubbed his head under Birchheart's chin all while not taking his eyes off of the kits until they settled down at their mother's side.
Birchheart guided him to their usual spot in the meadow, a little ways off from the rest of the Clan. Birchheart laid down and Sycamorestar took a spot next to him and shifted his gaze up to the Starpelt.
"Can I propose something to you?" Birchheart finally asked. His mate turned his gaze to him.
"Of course, what is on your mind?" He replied.
"Well..I've been thinking for a while. Why don't we try to have kits of our own?" Sycamorestar's expression turned sad and he looked at his paws. "T-the medicine cat told me that there may be a few she-cats that are willing to have the kits for us.." He offered his tail to him and his ears drooped when Sycamorestar didn't accept it. They sat there in silence for a bit before Sycamorestar spoke up.
"You don't have to stay with me if you want to have kits for yourself..I understand.." He said quietly. Birchheart stared at him in disbelief.
"I'm not going anywhere and I want kits for us. Not just myself. You can't tell me you don't want them after what I've seen today?" He felt Sycamorestar's tail wrap tightly around his own almost like he was using him to keep himself from drifting away to StarClan. He finally buried his face into Birchheart thick fur. Birchheart rests his chin on top of Sycamorestar's head and licked his ear.
"Do you really mean it?.." The older cat looked up at him with hope in his eyes. Birchheart felt his heart flutter as he licked the top of his mate's head.
"Of course I mean it. We just have to travel a bit towards the twoleg place. Maybe bring them into the Clan for a while." Birchheart said. There was a moment of silence before Sycamorestar hopped up and rubbed under his chin, purring and a little too quickly, nearly knocking over Birchheart. Sycamorestar lays back next to him and starts grooming him.
"We'll leave tomorrow." He stated.
"Tomorrow? We don't have anyone to really watch the clan." Birchheart said shocked.
"The medicine cat can."
"The medicine cat disappears!"
"It will be fine."
[825 words]

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Medicine Cat

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:57 am

Meadowflower was curled up in her den, letting the wind gently lull her to sleep. The scent of herbs in her den made the air sweet to smell with a tang of bitterness. All of this combined with the warm leaf green air made the medicine den a nice and cozy place to sleep at night. She felt the heaviness of sleep take her until she hears something faint at the entrance of her den.

"Ru.." Her ears twitched once she heard it. She slowly tries to wake herself up.

"Run.." Once the word hit her ears she tried to spring up but her body felt weighted. She couldn't get up so she clawed her way to turn to see a cat standing in the entrance of her den. Its pelt with white with stars but the eyes were void black. From behind it, she could see smoke trickling into her den.

"Run from the storm that shall consume the meadow like fire. All that will be left will be a swirl of red and yellow. The sun will set and the darkness shall begin."

Meadowflower clawed her way towards the entrance to her den. The cat was consumed with smoke and vanished, the smoke completely filling the den. Meadowflower started coughing and finally gathered the strength to stand. She wobbled out of her den and her eyes widened in horror.

It was not the camp but a battlefield. All of the fighting cats were caught in a storm. In the center where her eyes rest was a yellow cat standing over Sycamorestar. The cat raised his paw over his head, claw out stretched. Meadowflower opened her mouth to cry out to Sycamorestar but nothing came out. The cat brought his paw down and she felt her head start swirling.

She bolted up in her nest, panting heavily. Her body was shaking and she wrapped her tail around her as she tried to regain composure. She heard a commotion outside and she bolt from her day. All that welcomed her was sunlight and Owlpaw being chased by Solarsoul. She watched for a second before she let out a sigh. She started towards Sycamorestar's den.

"StarClan help us all..."

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 3 Scene: Dude

Postby hawkfire102 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:49 am

Owlpaw sat in front of Solarsoul with his head tilted as she told a story about her time in a group of rogue cats by the big water.

"And then this dude went out on a piece of shiny bark and totally shredded some waves." She said with her eyes shining. Owlpaw nodded his head, 'What in StarClan is a dude?'

"And then bro, you won't believe what happened!" She exclaimed.

"What happened?" He asked trying to make her happy.

"My dude, this giant fish just slapped the bark out from under him. Bro, I've never seen a twoleg swim so fast back to the shoreline. It was HIGHlarious." Solarsoul said making a gesturing motion with her paw while laughing. Owlpaw managed out a chuckle and a small smile. She wiped a tear from her eye once she claimed down from her laughing fit and smiled at him.

"You know, my dude, thanks. No one here really takes the time to talk to me. They act like I'm some sort of freak bro." She said, her smile falling slightly. Owlpaw scoffed.

"Please, you're not a freak. Besides I love your stories. I've never been out of this forest so hearing about the big water is exciting." He said with a smile. She chuckled before standing.

"Thanks bro. Hit me up if you ever wanna hear more. Now I gotta split and head up for that patrol. Catch ya later." She said before padding off. Owlpaw let out a sigh. Maybe he should ask Meadowflower to check up on her later when she returns. He padded over to the medicine cat den and glanced in, pinning his ears back. When they both get back.

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 4 Scene: Clan Tradition

Postby hawkfire102 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:31 am

One of the Clan traditions that SycamoreClan has actually started with Sycamorestar and Birchheart themselves when they first met. When the weather is nice and the sky is clear, the Clan will head out into the meadow near the sycamore tree. The kits will play around in the tall grass. The apprentices will wrestle or make things out of the wildflowers. Clanmates will share tounges. Couples will rest further away and watch the stars. Some will even bring their fresh kill out with them while they watch Starpelt glimmer. It's a peaceful time. Everyone is content when they come out into the meadow.

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 4 Scene: Clan Meeting "Kits?!"

Postby hawkfire102 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:49 am

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey meet under the High Branch for a clan meeting!" Sycamorestar's voice sounded across the camp. The clan members were confused by this since there didn't seem to be anything going on. They made their way to find Sycamorestar on the branch already with Birchheart at the roots as always but this time, he was accompanied by another cat.

"Maybe they're joining the Clan?" Solarsoul whispered but was cut off by a flick of Meadowflower's tail. Owlpaw looked at them puzzled.

"I would have known about this.." He whispered back, a bit annoyed.

"I would like to introduce Daisy. She will be staying with us for a while." They could see a smile starting to form on his face. "She will be having mine and Birchheart's kits. So I don't want to see any roughhousing around her and you should treat her like a part of the family."

"Kits?" Solarsoul's eyes widen. "We're totally gonna have kits!" Her excitement starting to overtake her.

"I'm gonna be a big brother." Owlpaw felt pride swelling in his chest. Meadowflower chuckled at the two before looking back at her leader and deputy. Sycamorestar was jumping down from the High Branch and was greeted with a powerful headbutt from his mate. Daisy purred in amusement.

"Starclan watch over them because they deserve this happiness." She said to the sky.

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 4 Scene: Kits!

Postby hawkfire102 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 am

There was an air of excitement in the camp. Birchheart was bouncing back and forth between the nursery and the medicine cat's den. Sycamorestar was hovering just outside the entrance of the nursery as Meadowflower went in.

The kits were here.

Owlpaw watched in amusement at Birchheart racing back and forth, fully knowing that Meadowflower wanted his overexcited behind out of the way. Sycamorestar seemed to be more collected but Owlpaw knew better. He could see his tail vibrating with anticipation. His eyes and ears were attentive to what was going on inside of the nursery.

Owlpaw felt Solarsoul sit next to him to watch. "So t'day's the day huh?" She asked, her head following Birchheart's running fit. Owlpaw could only nod, watching as intensely as Sycamorestar was. Solarsoul caught him out of the corner of her eye and purred. "If ya keep staring like that, the kits might never come." She said as she nudged him with her paw. Owlpaw's fur burned with embarrassment. "Ya know, I bet Sycamorestar wouldn't mind the company." Owlpaw looked at her wide-eyed before getting up and slowly padding over to Sycamorestar.

He sat next to him, making sure to be out of the way of Birchheart's running. Sycamorestar broke his gaze for a second to look at him, smiling before returning it. His tail wrapped around Owlpaw. There was silence. Both of them strained their ears. Birchheart slowly padded up to them and waited.

Meadowflower pushed her head out of the nursery, "Congratulations, it's a molly." Birchheart was beaming as he pushed past the medicine cat with Sycamorestar following suit. Meadowflower beckoned Owlpaw in. He slowly padded in to see the small cream molly at her mother's side.

"Say hello to your sister, Mallowkit." Sycamorestar said with a smile. Owlpaw's body started to vibrate with excitement as he approached her, giving her a nuzzle.

"Hello there Mallowkit. I promise, I'm going to be the best big brother you'll ever have."

hawkfire102

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me