Jericho (Goobies) | Leveling

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Jericho (Goobies) | Leveling

Postby Joke's On You » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:44 am

This thread is for the short stories and leveling tasks that I write for the Goobies ARPG. This will feature many of my Goobies that are aboard their spaceship, Jericho. Those who reside in Jericho can be found in the storage thread I have made here. Please refrain from posting in this thread!
Last edited by Joke's On You on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Index

Postby Joke's On You » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:47 am

Level 0 | Ship Exterior
Level 1 | Main Deck & Sleeping Quarters
Level 1 | Mixed Feelings
Level 2 | First Impression
Level 2 | Insignia
Level 3 |
Level 3 |
Last edited by Joke's On You on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 0 | Ship Exterior

Postby Joke's On You » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:09 am

Task wrote:

Describe the exterior of your ship.

Jericho is a small ship made up of mostly gray and black. This makes it harder to make out for hostile ships that may cross its path. In the front of the ship, there is landing gear that looks a lot like the front arms of the beetle. Behind that set of landing gear, there is another set that looks a lot like the back legs of a beetle. Then there is the back of the ship where there are two large antennae that stick out. On the bottom of these antennae there is another landing gear that sticks straight out from the bottom at an angle so it can sit perfectly on the ground where it lands. On several different areas on the ship, there are light blue plasma thrusters. These thrusters help provide thrust for the ship (help move the ship forward). The thrust also helps with overcoming drag and weight.

When the ship is in flight, none of the plasma thrusters can be seen since there are little flaps that cover each one. The landing gear also can't be seen since there's no reason for it to be out. Overall, the Jericho ship is pretty basic looking on the outside. But there is room to hopefully expand the ship in the future when things start to get more crowded. As of now, it's the perfect size for the Goobies living inside.

[234]
Last edited by Joke's On You on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 1 | Main Deck & Sleeping Quarters

Postby Joke's On You » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:15 pm

Task wrote:

Describe your ship's main deck/sleeping quarters.

Every basic necessity that the Goobies need can be found in the main deck of the ship. It has the leg room and enough storage to fit their supplies when it comes to food and drink. After all, there is refrigeration located on the ship since Goobies are quite the advanced specimen. Also located on the main deck of the ship are the controls to Jericho. These controls are placed up near the front of the main deck where the Captain's Chair sits to look out into space with the window view. Jericho's controls are also inaccessible to any other Goobie besides the captain because there's a password required to actually work the control panel. The captain is the only one with that information, therefore he is the only one who can work the controls of the ship.

[138]

Unlike the main deck where there is plenty of leg room for the current Goobies, the sleeping quarters are considered to be a bit more crowded. At most, only eight Goobies can fit into the sleeping quarters. Instead of having eight seperate beds, there are four bunk beds. Meaning that one Goobie can sleep on the bottom bed and one can sleep on the top. Each bed is aligned next to one another as the room is in a more rectangular shape. There is also very little storage in the quarters for the Goobies, so they have limited valuables located there. With so many Goobies in one room, things can get pretty frustrating, which is why the Goobies prefer to hang out on the main deck during the day. Only two or three Goobies will hang out in the sleeping quarters during the day.

[144]
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 1 | Mixed Feelings

Postby Joke's On You » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:07 am

Task wrote:

How do your goobies feel about the loss of their planet?

Ever since the first day on the ship where T'Challa introduced himself as the captain of Jericho, all mention of Omicron-06 has been ceased. However in the minds of many Goobies aboard, there definitely some mixed feelings. Different Goobies want to take different action because of the explosion of Omicron-06. Some are angry and ready to go to the captain and make their argument on why they should choose to go to war as a result of the explosion. And then the other half wants peace and will go to the captain pleading to spare the innocent Goobies on other ships and find another purpose that doesn't involve the fighting. But amongst all things, there is one Goobie who has yet to reveal his take on the Omicron-06 explosion. That would be T'Challa himself. And his opinion is the one that truely mattered.

[143]
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 2 | First Impression

Postby Joke's On You » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:43 am

Task wrote:

Describe two members of your crew interacting.

It had been a few days after the explosion of Omicron-06. The Goobies that resided on Jericho were coping with the loss of the planet in their own way. Some didn't get out of bed. And some spoke to others with their opinions about what happened and the conspiracies that they had. No one knew where to start in terms of rebuilding. They couldn't just find a planet and make it their home. It had to have a sustainable atmosphere for them. But at the same time, it could take decades to eventually find a planet safe to settle down on. But what the majority of those on Jericho would agree on is that a new purpose had to be found. And quick.

It was Pandora who decided that she would go and speak to the Captain of the refugee ship, who had earlier introduced himself as T'Challa. Surely she could help get things get started off. She began to walk toward the Captain's Chair, her head held high with confidence as she walked. However, the confidence soon turned to nervousness, and the confident stride was lost. But she had to speak with the Captain for the good of the other Goobies. She approached the chair and opened her mouth to speak. At first, nothing came out, but as she tried again, she managed to get a few words out.

"Captain T'Challa. Sorry to bother you sir, but may I have a moment of your time?" Pandora said in a quiet tone. In fact, it was so quiet that she wondered if T'Challa even heard her. As she was just about to try again, she stopped herself as the Captain rose from his chair and made his way to face her.

"Who might you be?" T'Challa asked, his gaze focused on the Gooby who stood in front of him.

Pandora looked the Captain up and down, finally having a good look at him. She was silent for a few moments, the question T'Challa asked just hanging in the air. But finally, she answered. "My name is Pandora. Before Omicron-06 exploded, I was studying to be a college professor. I was quite interested in the government. A political major I guess you could say." Before she got too carried away, she stood up straight and looked at her Captain directly. "T'Challa, since we will be aboard this ship for quite a while, I figure that it might be time to form a reliable government of our own. A new council to help make the important decision." Pandora told the Captain with confidence.

"A council, hm? I suppose that wouldn't be such a bad idea. After all... I can't make the decisions all by myself." T'Challa eyed down Pandora. Something about her was speaking to him. Plus, she did have a point. They would be on this ship for awhile. And there would be some tough decisions to be made. It would only be right to have a council of their own. That way, they could help with the tough decisions. "Alright Pandora, I agree. It would be quite fitting to have a council. And since you're so educated in this area, I shall be appointing you to be the first member on Jericho's Council." He stated. "I will interview others that also many be suitable for this role. Thank you for coming to speak to me about this Pandora." T'Challa said, nodding his head to her in thanks before walking off.

Meanwhile, Pandora stood there completely shocked. Sure, she came to him about the idea of a council. But she didn't actually expect to be appointed to it if he agreed to start one. But he did start one, and he appointed her because of the education and experience that she had. Before long, a smile spread across Pandora's face as she thought about the interaction with T'Challa. She must've had a good first impression.

[654]
Last edited by Joke's On You on Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Level 2 | Insignia

Postby Joke's On You » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 am

Task wrote:

Give your crew an insignia [must be drawn, you can have someone do it for you!

Insignia made specifically for my use by WolfWinter

Jericho is an Arabic name meaning 'city of the moon'. That being said, the insignia was designed with a beautiful crescent moon along with a Goobie sitting upon it. The insignia was made to represent all of the Goobies residing on the Jericho ship.

[44]
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me