Cats of the Grand Valley Writing ⎯ Rise

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Cats of the Grand Valley Writing ⎯ Rise

Postby persona » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:20 am

persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cats of the Grand Valley Writing ⎯ Rise

Postby persona » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:22 am

Index.
1. Leader meeting new clan member [LVL 1]
2. Alpha, Beta Relationship [LVL 2]
3. Write about your medicine cat [LVL 3]
4. Scene of Choice [LVL 3]
Last edited by persona on Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Leader meeting new clanmember

Postby persona » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:39 am

Vivek + River

Vivek approached the older she-cat resting by the camp overlook, head bowed and tail low as a sign of respect. He tilted his head towards the ground to acknowledge River, and raised his head to look into her eyes. He's the Beta, so he and River are more or less on equal ground. The sun was thankfully not shining in their eyes, so they could maintain eye contact. To be a hunter, you must be able to show you're worthy of respect from others, and this was one way to do it.

River stared at him, confused and probably a bit worried. Vivek didn't approach very many people except to fight or yell at them, and it was a rather downing experience to just watch. She carefully thought through her words and said, "Hello, Vivek. What do you need?"

"I would like to mate your daughter," Vivek said plainly. River coughed, choking on her spit because that was the opposite of what she was expecting. Her fur bristled as her heart raced and tried to calm herself, "and if you agree, I would like to get to know her parents better."

"I... Well I don't see why not. You don't need to ask me to do that, you know?" River cocked her head with a slight frown. It was rather formal and old-fashioned to ask the parents of your to-be mate, because their opinion was deemed unneeded by the current generations. Just do it.

"I know, but I feel Kessie would appreciate it."

"Hm.. Yes, maybe she would," River hummed in agreement, then motioned with her tail and head to a spot beside her, "Please, sit down and we can talk like you asked."
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alpha + Beta Relationship

Postby persona » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:54 am

Vivek + Kessie

Vivek and Kessie are very much not a touchy feely pair. To an outsider they definitely appear to be just Leader and Deputy in regards to their relationship with each other. They work together well and easily understand each other's wants and needs. With work, scuffles are uncommon and they take their duties seriously enough to listen to each other and work out compromises.

As Alpha, Vivek could just dominate colony related discussions and keep Kessie from voicing her opinion if he really wanted to, but he respects and loves her both as a Beta and his mate. Kessie could also challenge his spot as Alpha and force him into a hunter position for good and become Alpha herself, but she doesn't (but if Vivek really tried that, she absolutely would without hesitation).

Their relationship is trifled with real troubles, starting when they were apprentices and trying to overcome the toxic mindset of "Be Alone, Don't Be Close" while trying to figure out their feelings for each other. As warriors, they came to a mutual understanding and got closer. As older warriors, they finally got together. As Alpha and Beta, Vivek and Kessie have to understand each other as to not to destroy the colony and each other.
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Write about your Medicine Cat

Postby persona » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Skye

“Out, out, out!” Skye repeated, voice terse with stress. The young kits had been playing a game in the empty hunter den to keep themselves busy but their mossball had fallen onto her side of the tunnels, and they were messing up her herb organization. That took time, y’know! You can only move stuff properly with your teeth or claws and it got tiring after a while.

Skye swatted at one of the orange kits to gently guide them either out of her den or out of the way. Of course, the day she hoped the sunshine would lead everyone outside to enjoy it is the day she has to deal with a bunch of injuries- ranging from, “I fell off the side of the hill to try and surprise my sister” to “I didn’t see the bee! Seriously, it landed as I walked onto it!” to the more ridiculous “The fish bit me.”

She snapped her tail to the side of her body and watched with narrowed eyes as the oldest kit dragged his friend out by her scruff. Skye turned to her work and sighed.

“And once I’m done here…. I can go hunting or something with the trainees who need something to do… maybe.”

--

“I will gladly take you kits out to run off your energy, if you wish.” Skye said as she stood in front of the lounging trainees, some of which had visibly pent up energy with their jittery tails and blown pupils. Not doing anything was bad for your mind – and Skye would take responsibility over the trainees while their mentors did grown-up cat things like hunting or patrolling.

A pawful of trainees got up while a couple other groaned. She nudged them with her paws to try and get as many out as possible. Usually the kits enjoy themselves once they get going – you just had to make them first.

“C’mon get up, we’re going to have fun whether you like it or not.”
Last edited by persona on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I Love You And Your Interests

Postby persona » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Used for this litter; Tsukiko x Yunuen

The sun cast long shadows on the ground, sky a gradient of red, yellow, blue as it set upon the Earth and made way for night. Tsukiko watched intently in the quiet atmosphere. They'd gotten lucky today; everyone retired early except for the kittens whose energy never really left them, and thus gave Tsukiko a chance to admire the stars in a way they hadn’t been able to in a long, long time. If about a year counts as "long".

Grass crinkled under someone's paws, alerting Tsukiko that someone was most likely about to break their peace and quiet. They flicked their ears behind them and tensed up a bit in anticipation. When moonlit orange fur showed in Tsukiko's peripheral they let the anxiety go and relaxed. It was only Yunuen – no one else in this colony had fur like his and would dare approach them like that. If Rhett (another orange colored cat) needed Tsukiko he would've said something long before coming next to him. It was almost an intimate thing - standing next to someone who was laying down-, and was usually only done between friends, cats who want to subtly say they want to be in a relationship with them, and mates.

Yunuen settled himself down beside Tsukiko, and turned his head to look at them. Tsukiko met his gaze and let him stare as long as he wanted. The whole night sky lived in his eyes, and Tsukiko could gaze into them for ever.

Yunuen huffed, a ghost of a smile on his face. He ducked his head and lowered them closer to his shoulders, clearly embarrassed about Tsuki's staring.

Tsukiko tilted their head, a soft smile gracing their features, and said "Have you ~graciously~ decided to join me tonight?"

"Ahh, don’t say it like that!" Yunuen pouted, "I want to see what you love so much, that’s all."

Yunuen poofed up his bright colored fur and raised his head in dramatics to turn his I Love You And Your Interests statement into something humorous. Tsukiko snorted and shoved him with a paw that they had to untuck from under them. Yunuen let himself get bowled over, letting out an exaggerated groan as he rested against the cool, dew-covered grass. Tsukiko perked up, pupils expanding even further if was possible, and leaned over to check Yunuen. Tsukiko's a Hunter but they're a gullible baby – Yunuen's gullible baby.

"Yun? You okay? I didn't shove you too hard, right?"

"Aww, baby, I'm fine," Yunuen preened, heaving himself off the grass and into Tsukiko's side. Long fur smothered his face as he buried himself into their shoulder. Purrs came out of both of them, letting themselves rest and take in the night.

"Oh, look! A shooting star!" Tsukiko perked their ears and tensed up in excitement at the meteor flinging through the sky. Their eyes were wide and childlike, the stars reflecting on them.

Yunuen jerked, heart racing at Tsukiko's exclaim breaking the silence. He reluctantly pulled his head away from Tsukiko's fluff and turned his gaze upward. Being a good mate included indulging your partner in their interests, like what Tsukiko does with his weird hobby of hunting and exercise. It's the least he could do instead of relaxing into their side and pass out in two minutes tops.

The sky was dark for a few seconds, Yunuen having missed the split second streak of light, but it lit up like a sparkler.

The two laid there in each other's loving and accepting company as Tsukiko participated in his long abandoned night-watching hobby. Yunuen snuck a glance over to Tsukiko, and watched endearingly at their enthusiasm. A small, soft smile formed on his face and he let himself take in the view of his mate.

"Hm.. Cute."

"The stars? I think they're more cool than cute but that works too."
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Peace and Quiet (SoC)

Postby persona » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:19 am

Aysun + Sorin

The sun beamed down on Aysun's pale fur, warming him from the tips of ears down to the bottom of his paws. Rolled up in a ball, he dozed under the clear blue sky just beside the hunter den entrance and took advantage of the extremely rare peace and quiet in the camp.

The gentle wind brushed his fur and gave him a rather nostalgic feeling - it was like he was a kit being exposed to the wonders of the greater world outside the nursery again. He could hear the cooing of birds and the buzzing of insects he didn't care much for besides knowing they were nuisances.

A sudden weight heaved down on Aysun's side, knocking the breath out of him and giving him a little scare. He hadn't even heard anyone walk up on him - was he that tired?

Aysun peaked open an eye to be greeted with Sorin's brightly colored body resting on him. Instead of lashing out or shoving him off, Aysun shuffled a bit to be able to press his face into Sorin's shoulder and let himself relax. Sorin was "safe", and there would be no judgement or harsh words for letting himself sleep in the open (it was "foolish" and "could get yourself killed" as per the words of their Alpha.)

A tongue started to groom the top of his head, and Aysun huffed in amusement. Sorin's paws wrapped around his neck and dragged him impossibly closer to get a better angle. Aysun flicked the ear folded under Sorin's chin and mumbled, "Mm.. whudy'want..?"

"Nothing, you can go to sleep, pretend I'm not here."

"Mmkay.."
persona

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me