Niña Lagarto - Poetry & Writing

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Niña Lagarto - Poetry & Writing

Postby Rosemoon » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

For this Kalon
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Poetry

Postby Rosemoon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:03 am

Transcript:
Flowers grow where love is found and
Trees grow where strength can thrive
I will survive
I will thrive
I will love

I have found my calling
In the woods far away
With the trees and deer
And birds and wolves
We dance throughout the night
And live with cheer

Please do not bother
For I sleep with the trees
Please do not weep
For I live with the breeze
Please do not falter
On your walk to me

I am loving as flowers
And strong as trees
I have become
The woods
I am it's dragon

I am it's dragon
Guarding it's soul
And protecting it's heart
The life of the woods
Is a precious treasure
So many seek to ruin
But I am here
And I am alive
Man will bow to me
Fear me

And so I shall reign

Flower image credit here
Fonts are from fonts.com
Last edited by Rosemoon on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Story

Postby Rosemoon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am

Dress appearance here from DHgate

Pawsteps thumped hurriedly against the forest floor and up the walkway to a small cottage. Nina rushed inside and unloaded dozens of grocery bags onto the floor, wrapped foods and spices now on the floor still safely within their containers.
"Guys, I'm going back out again because I saw the cutest dress and I just have to have it. It's cottage chic and simple!" she twirled and placed her tattered and worn homemade cloak on the coathanger. "I need a change from this, something new and nice... and not brown" she sighed happily and took a deep breath, peering into the tanks of her reptiles.
"The only thing is... I'm scared of going into town... what if I get made fun of again?" Her two geckos looked at her and one licked it's eye despite having eyelids.
"You're right... If I want something nice for once I have t-to suck it up and try!"
Nina started out the door and sighed again. "Wish me luck, dudes".

The creamy kal stepped along the cobblestone pathways and out of the woods into the town. It wasn't long before the freshly cleaned windows of the small dress shop came into view and Nina ran up to it, peering inside at the dress. "Beautiful..."
"You're not thinking of getting that, are you? It's too cute for your style..." a snide remark came from another kal in a red peacoat. "But, it would look better on me". She shoved Nina aside and went into the shop, talking to the clerk.
Nina followed in and heard the conversation.
"We only have the one on display left, you can try it on if you'd like"
"Yeah, I would" the other kal took the dress and went into the back stall. All you heard was grunting and shuffling and angry squeaks coming from the closed door.
"Fits!" she stepped out and the dress looked more like a tank top that bagged off on the bottom and squeezed at the top. It was definitely meant for someone shorter with a wider belly and small bust.
"Ma'am... I really don't recommend it for you... there are plenty of other selections..."
Nina giggled at hoe ridiculous this girl looked.
"Gee, Veronica, did Baby Huey help you get it on?" she said bravely before realizing what she said and widening her eyes in panic for a moment, then giggling a little again.
"Oh, shut up, you wouldn't fit into it either!" she took off the dress and threw it at Nina.
Nina walked into the backroom, slipping the dress on with ease, and coming back out again.
"Ma'am, now that looks so much better on you, no offense. Perfect size!" the clerk complimented.
"Well, I want it, so take it off!" Veronica squealed.
Nina and the clerk shared a look.
"Actually, I'd like to wear this out, thank you"
"Absolutely, that'll be $25.50, please".

Veronica stopped Nina on her way out.
"You're still not pretty, and you never will be. I'm still better than you. At least I don't live in a shack in the woods like some sort of gremlin. I have a real house, you wish you could live like me" she shoved Nina hard.
Suddenly years of being bullied by this girl came bubbling up inside like hot lava and Nina suddenly narrowed her eyes and shoved back harder.
"No. I live my life the way I like. I'm sick of you always tearing me down, you're obviously jealous of something of mine. Maybe it's a crush you have on me. But I am uninterested in knowing either of those things. I am happy the way I am, and I am beautiful as me. So get out of my life, or I'll make you" her eyes burned brightly and Veronica gasped in fear.
"Jeez, fine, freak..." she scrambled up and ran away on startled paws.
Nina walked back home, happy with herself for getting what she wanted and for standing up for herself.

"No longer will you hurt me. I am a dragoness and I am ready to fight!"

Last bumped by Rosemoon on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me