Whispers of the Sacred Meadow | Rise - dnp

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Reader Counter

+1
50%
+1
50%
+1
No votes

Total votes : 2

Whispers of the Sacred Meadow | Rise - dnp

Postby zippo. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:10 pm

Last edited by zippo. on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

001 - origins of the shadow

Postby zippo. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:21 pm

T H E
S H A D O W
O F
N Y C H T A

❝ The night began us all.❞

Featuring:
Nýchta
Pétalo
Dásos
Trueblossom
Red

Before the first dawn, all that was known was the comfort of darkness. Nýchta was the first entity, the beginning, god of the nothingness that blessed them. From the birth of Nýchta came Iméra, two halves of a never ending struggle of power - coming together to create the known world of Ryria, and to form the concept of Chrónos. The formation of time as we know it was but a poorly constructed concept, always destined for self-destruction. Nýchta only wanted to be alone.

The Shadow of Nýchta is named such due to the belief that remnants of the entity still exist within the universe. When Chrónos imploded its destruction offered the birth of two new gods; Incaendium and Raducaneni, built from the building blocks left behind. However, the vacuum of space is unpredictable; and while it is it is believed that a part of Nýchta became Raducaneni it's also thought that their wish of solitary was granted. Pieces of the entities essence forever drifting through the darkness that birthed it. Until the entity learned what loneliness was. Solitary meant watching the world continue without them, watching new gods form and rule in their wake. Solitary became sadness, and sadness quickly developed into anger. How could they forget the original being? the first of known universe? Nýchta set everything into motion.

Through this newfound flame the shadows of Nýchta formed and returned to its creation of Ryria. Its goal shifted from solitary to community, and through this came the corruption. Changing what lies within your core is not easy task, and if not done correctly the code of life begins to glitch. Nýchta did not return a god but instead as an infection, an illness that preys upon the deepest weaknesses of Ryrians with the aim of personifying the shadows of ones' mind. Most hosts that carry the glitch end up sacrificing themselves, or dying from complications of the take-over. Very few have survived and carried out their own missions, and only one has broken the trance.

Trueblossom was the first to contract The Shadow of Nýchta, and remains the only being to break from its grasp. The molly was young, lost within the darkness of the woods searching for any home better than the one she had fled. An easy target - fear dominated their life but there was an anger that resided buried within. The shadows enclosed the soul with ease but did not expect the heart's light to shine so brightly. It was a war, one Nýchta won. Trueblossom became consumed with rage, lashing out to any creature that crossed their path. That is until a voice broke through the night, beckoning the cat to the holy grounds. As soon as the molly stepped foot into the borders of the Sacred Meadow, all evil was banished from its form.

Pétalo, son of Raducaneni and God the Seasons change - until he turned his back on his creator to forge his own path. He was kept alive by the power of belief among the Villages, becoming the god of fertility and love; but he was weakened. Sorrow was the easiest to exploit but Nýchta latched onto the heartbreak that coursed through the cupid. The perfect entity to infect, to start a war against the gods that had forsaken the night. Pétalo was faced with the mission of death - he was to kill his mate, his creator, and his siblings. Instead, he offered the greatest declaration of love - sacrifice.

Some time passed before Nýchta gained enough power to corrupt again. A god was no easy task, even if they were in a state of weakness. They waited within the crevices of the forest, which became the Chaos Woods as new gods entered into their territory.

Dásos was the child of Pétalo and another goddess, a goddess of bravery who claimed the dangerous woods as their domain. Nýchta thought them impossible to crack until the panther entity cracked themselves; showing the weakness of disappointment. A little cub desperate for the approval of her parents. Nýchta personified her already chaotic nature, and has remained latched onto the goddesses soul.

Red was corrupted by Dásos, the first to have been spread. He was just as lost and broken as Trueblossom, with a vicious flame that demanded revenge. With the Shadow of Nýchta he destroyed the clan that had banished him, and brought forth the curse of the the Sacred Meadow. Upon his death, through the power granted to them from Nýchta - Dásos constructed a new life for the tom.

Red and Dásos remain under the control of the shadows, abiding to the bidding of their creator. Nýchta will unite the entirety of Ryria under the blessing of night; after all, the night is both the beginning and the end.
Last edited by zippo. on Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

002 - the beauty of destruction

Postby zippo. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:41 pm

T H E
B U R N I N G
O F
R O S E S

❝The violence of rebirth.❞

Featuring:
Oak
Pine
Ash
Red
Crow
Dásos
Incaendium
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

003 - where the wind blows

Postby zippo. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:00 pm

W H E R E
T H E
D U S T
S E T T L E S

❝The promise of an end.❞

Featuring:
Babydoll
Storm
Vanilla
Dusty
Crow!Pine
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

004 - the sacrificial truth

Postby zippo. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:10 pm

T H E
M A R K
O F
C H A O S

❝By order of the Night.❞

Featuring:
Red
Dásos
Incaendium
Oak
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

005 - where the sun chooses to rise

Postby zippo. » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:44 am

T H E
I N N O C E N C E
O F
D A W N

❝Bittersweet Youth, Knowing Truth.❞

Featuring:
Dusty
Babydoll
Cloudy
The Hastains
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

006 - sparks of madness

Postby zippo. » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:49 am

T H E
F O L L Y
O F
L U X U R Y

❝Temptation of Some Unknown.❞

Featuring:
Spark
Dusty
Smoke
Flame
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

007 - a rising power

Postby zippo. » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:57 am

R E I G N
O F
A
N E W
G O D

❝The answer to an unasked question.❞

Featuring:
The Messiah
The Hound
The Falcon
Duchess

The Villages thrived on disorder, on the drive of pure survival. The hierarchy of the Strays was built on the sole factor of strength, kill the Alpha and you become the Alpha. Morals were nonexistent, unneeded in such a unforgiving climate. Before the Messiah sunk his claws into the stone of the streets, a tom by the name of the Thunder was the top dog of the Strays. His rule was just as chaotic as any other that came before him - but by an odd twist of fate he gained a conscience and fled from the stone walls in which he was caged. His early departure left a power vacuum, throwing the Strays into a bloody war to fill it. Until a mysterious tom arrived, pelt as white as the winter's gleam with eyes of comforting brown and chilled blue. His words were poetic, advanced in their mannerisms and like a spell, the entirety of the Strays fell to his feet.

But who was he?
He spouted of order, of his foretold coming; the Messiah, as he called himself.
But holy he was all of not.

He was born a rogue, to ex-clan mother and some unknown father. His was given the name of Mistkit, which would evolve to Mistpaw and then Mistwhisper as his mother trained him. She was a warrior until her untimely banishment, and she raised him as such. He was meant to be strong, to enact the revenge that his mother so desperately wanted. She would never get it. Mistwhisper had no intentions on carrying out his mothers' foolishness, no matter how much she begged. In fact, her desperation became annoying quite quickly - as soon as his training was complete, she served no purpose to him. He left her body within the mountains in which he was raised. Though it was not his home, he did not have one. He never would.

Now that he was alone, Mistwhisper descended the mountains where he was met with the unfavorable Tribe of the Lilyreeds. They were too prideful, to stuck in their ways to accept his belief - the Chief forced him out within days. The young tom wandered through the farmlands, watching the way the humans interacted. He was fascinated by them and found himself following their every movement - mimicking their expressions, their very lives. That is how he discovered the ideals of Religion, and how he twisted it to his favor. He followed the humans, in which he learned to be the Godfrids, into the stone kingdom of the Villages and too a large and pointed building. He watched from the stained glass as they sang, as they preached and prayed. It was then that the thought of the Messiah came into existence. Now, Mistwhisper just needed to find his subjects. Thankfully the Godfrids led him to that as well.

The Villages were home to an assortment of animals, from horses and humans to cats and dogs. All of which had their own systems, like well oiled machines they ran smoothly from day to day - all but the Cats. He watched for some time before swooping in, he watched as they tore themselves apart in the name of Alphahood. He waited until the winter trudged in, until their numbers dwindled and their desperation was highest, and than he revealed himself. Like a beacon of light born from the snow, he became the Savior to the Strays. He ushered in a silence of peace among the cats, bringing them an order they had never known. They hunted together, they fought together. They became a single entity, under the direction of their Messiah.

He offered what no Alpha had before; structure and safety to all who heed his words. His people were fed according to their usefulness, to their loyalty to their savior. He had them all at his feet - but it wasn't enough. He wanted more. This is how the Hound and the Falcon were born. The only two that he would display some level of trust. Never truly friends, but they were worth something.

The Hound became his hunter, destroying anything that sought to stop his growth. The Falcon became his eyes and ears, whispering the pretty lies he wished to spread to his people. This is out the Messiah kept his army in check, and how he continued to strengthen his ranks. Soon the Tribe of Lillyreeds will submit or face extinction; and Mistwhisper will not stop there. He has no weakness, though a softer spot does dwell within his stone walled heart.

Her name is Duchess, she was nothing but a house cat before he swept her away. She fell into his web like many other mollies, but proved her worth past that of spreading his line. He saw himself within her, and knew of the potential she could unlock. That is how he found his Queen, be it he never wished to have one. She is not his equal but she is the closet thing to it. His one true companion, to know of his secrets and of his true nature.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the death of memory | red, ash, rain, robin

Postby zippo. » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:14 pm

"I miss you" Her voice was cracking, tears soaking into her cheeks and dripping into the river below her.

"After everything - " Ash hiccuped, "Everything that you did!" she was screaming now; voice already raw.

"You broke me," the forest fell silent once more, "and I still miss you."

A chilled breeze rustled the leaves, baring frosted fangs into the dampness of the mollies fur.

"Even in your death you haunt me" She murmured, watching the ripples distort her reflection.

"I miss our little talks" Ash spoke after a pained silence. "When we would stay up all hours of the night, right here, watching the stars. You were always so charming," a small ghost of a smile flashed against the pale moon.

"We made all our big decisions here. You called it our star den, do you remember that?" The molly squeaked, tears brimming her eyes once more. Various memories of her beloved flooding to the forefront. "This is where you asked me to be yours. I remember that you wouldn't say mate,you said 'be my love' like you were some casanova" a weak laugh briefly filled the quietness of the night.

"We decided to make a family here, too" A cough wrecked her throat, a familiar burn rippling through her body. The sickness was taking hold, becoming stronger with every passing of day.

"You wanted to name our daughter Belladonna, as if I would let you name her after a poison!" She snorted, body slowly collapsing into the dirt. She felt too weak to continue to hold herself together.

"It took so long.." Another cough sputtered from her lips, droplets of blood clinging to her fur. "So long for us to decide on Rain" she closed her eyes, letting out a shaky sigh.

"Rain and Robin" she hummed, a distant screech of an owl causing her ears to flick with irritation. All she wanted was to be at peace.

She could feel that peace coming, a faded light slowly growing brighter.
    Soon she would be reunited with those she had lost, those she couldn't save.
    Soon the ache in her bones would be lifted and the darkness within her heart would see the sun.

"I still love you," Ash shuttered, her last breath sending ripples down the river of petals.

zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cinder's den

Postby zippo. » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:10 am

Cinderfall gazed about the meadow, watching the various cats preform their daily tasks. Their ears twitched with all of the noise, a sigh filtering through their lips. It was much too....lively.

"Hey Cinderfall!" The young herablist chimed, trotting over to them. She was much her opposite, an endearing molly who often got on their nerves with her familiarity.

"Doveshiver" The shaman dipped her head in respects, their collected demeanor never changing.

"What're you thinking about?" Doveshiver questioned with a tilt of her head.

"Making my own den, somewhere.." They trailed, "Else."

"How about the top of the blossom pools?" The younger molly suggested with a nod in the direction of the waterways. "There's an abandoned fox den near the mountain side - it's hidden by a bunch of reeds but it should be a quick fix."

Cinderfall eyed the mountainous climb, a small ghost of a smile flicking across their solemn features. "Thank you, young dove" they said in passing as they bounded off towards the blossom pools. Carefully they crossed the river of petals, eyeing the slick stones that made the path. Thir eyes following the trail alongside the fall, winding with life. They looked to their paws; already worn, the climb didn't worry them much. They would grow stronger, day by day as they journeyed.

They leaped, claws digging into the earthy stones as they ascended. Thickets brushed against their bright, patchy fur - already muddied with dirt and sap. It only took a few minutes before they reached the top, standing at the side of the coursing waterfall. Cinderfall had a birds eye view of the entirety of the sacred meadow, but turned their back. They weren't here for spying, they were here for peace.

The fox's den was hard to spot. It blended with the surrounding earth tones, burrowed at the base of an oak near the shallow edges of the waters. Reeds towered over it, providing a lovely scene of privacy.

They had found their home.

zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me